Home
Posted By: hanco Package stealers - 11/21/18
We have had some package stealing going on down here. Have any of you all had this happen?
Posted By: slumlord Re: Package stealers - 11/21/18
They better bring their A-game here.

Dead end road, rickety wooden bridge, 6ft fence and 3 dogs.
Posted By: dye7barrel Re: Package stealers - 11/21/18
Haven't been hit, yet. Do enjoy watching home videos of thiefs getting busted.
Posted By: Sasha_and_Abby Re: Package stealers - 11/21/18
"Porch Pirates" they don't get far in my hood... everyone has security cameras
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Package stealers - 11/21/18
Not here, because we're in the country, and off the road. The biggest majority of the thefts have come in urban areas, where they pull up to a house, jump out of their car, steal a package, and be back in the car and gone in less than a minute.
Posted By: poboy Re: Package stealers - 11/21/18
Big problem in Austin.
Someone needs to box up a few rattlesnakes, and set them out so they can be stolen.
Posted By: Fullfan Re: Package stealers - 11/21/18
Would love to see someone try that at my place. We are remote with the closest neighbor being 3/4 mile away, which always made me think we would be burglarized or have stuff stolen. Not the case, might have something to do with a 110 pound redbone coon hound that runs loose. And that he bit the UPS man to the tune of 8 stitches last fall. Good guy and all it cost me was a new pr of boots for him.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Package stealers - 11/21/18
Dayyyyyum Porkbone....who puts a wildcat inna box

😄😂😂
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Package stealers - 11/21/18
there is almost always someone in the 'hood watching out for things. I have packages sent, and request they be left on the porch. I have an enclosed screen porch, so the packages are not visible from the street.
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: Package stealers - 11/21/18
Not in my neighborhood. There have been some mysterious occurrences of flat tires on vehicles parking where they shouldn't however. Karma? Who knows?

I have given some thought to contriving a few medieval deterrents, but they are only thoughts at this point.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: hanco Re: Package stealers - 11/21/18
Rattlesnake sounds good, I haven’t been hit, but my neighbors have. Cameras are a good idea!
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Package stealers - 11/21/18
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Someone needs to box up a few rattlesnakes, and set them out so they can be stolen.

yrs ago when my bother was in collage, he had a rattler in a bank money bag. he stopped at the store and someone stole it out of the bed of his truck.
Posted By: BluMtn Re: Package stealers - 11/21/18
Spokane wa. has been getting hit hard for the last two years. Videos for the UPS guy dropping off a package and as he drives off a person comes around the corner of the house into view of the camera and picks it up and disappears.
Posted By: Jim in Idaho Re: Package stealers - 11/21/18
Yep, the folks who do it professionally just follow the delivery trucks through the neighborhoods.

Haven't seen or heard of that much in our area but I am on a local "Next Door Neighbor" social media email list and there have been sporadic reports of it.
Posted By: VarmintGuy Re: Package stealers - 11/21/18
Hanco: No - not around here.
Knock on wood.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: Package stealers - 11/21/18
Originally Posted by stxhunter

yrs ago when my bother was in collage, he had a rattler in a bank money bag. he stopped at the store and someone stole it out of the bed of his truck.

Excellent! Wishin' for video of the other part of that story.
Posted By: Chisos Re: Package stealers - 11/21/18
Originally Posted by hanco
We have had some package stealing going on down here. Have any of you all had this happen?

Not yet as the thieves are too lazy to drive out all this way and my little neighborhood is really hard to find. Had 3 or 4 different phone calls from census folks during the 2010 Census telling me I didn't live where I lived and were demanding I give them my correct address. Last guy wanted me to put the phone down without hanging it up, walk to my nearest neighbors house, ask them their address and come back and tell him the address. I couldn't believe he hung up on me as I was laughing so much and didn't have a chance to say some bad things about his lineage.
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: Package stealers - 11/21/18
Not a problem yet, would like to get a video doorbell though
Posted By: las Re: Package stealers - 11/21/18
How about this? My son called yesterday. Seems someone is having my son's mail forwarded to another address. He went into the PO to get it fixed, with ID.

Azzwipes says they can't do anything about it, as he is not "authorized" to get his own mail delivery fixed back to himself.
Posted By: RickyD Re: Package stealers - 11/21/18
Yes. Now I have everything delivered to the back door.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Package stealers - 11/21/18
Im another one who lives far enough out and off the road so its not a problem. Both oops and fedex deliver here but noone else comes down our long driveway
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: Package stealers - 11/21/18

Sadly, if you did that, and someone died, you’d end up in jail. Shouldn’t be, but is.
Posted By: atvalaska Re: Package stealers - 11/21/18
GPS tracker in a box ...hide it between layers of cardboard....consider it a new type of hunting.....sounds like fun.
Posted By: DMc Re: Package stealers - 11/21/18
Been lucky. Plus, neighborhood kid that plays with my grandkids, texts me when a package is at my door.

Sure is fun to take them to the Go Kart track!

Posted By: mart Re: Package stealers - 11/21/18
I’d be tempted to rig up a box with a bottle of skunk essence and a rat trap. Either attach enough monofilament to let them get to their car before it trips or rig it to trip when the box is opened. The bar on the trap would strike the bottle, breaking it, giving them a gift that lasts and lasts.
Posted By: poboy Re: Package stealers - 11/21/18
Some people here box up garbage and leave it on the porch.
Posted By: RS308MX Re: Package stealers - 11/21/18
Originally Posted by mart
I’d be tempted to rig up a box with a bottle of skunk essence and a rat trap. Either attach enough monofilament to let them get to their car before it trips or rig it to trip when the box is opened. The bar on the trap would strike the bottle, breaking it, giving them a gift that lasts and lasts.

That would be tempting. But, if your address was on the box I imagine they would return with something much worse.
Posted By: oldtrapper Re: Package stealers - 11/21/18
Posted By: RiverRider Re: Package stealers - 11/21/18

Sounds like a great application for the recently discussed "liquid ass." That's WORSE than skunk, if you ask me!
Posted By: TBREW401 Re: Package stealers - 11/21/18
My neighbor's daughter was at home when Fedex dropped a package and rang the door bell, by the time she got to the door, someone was riding away on a scooter with the box in hand.

First time in our neighborhood.
Not a good sign
Originally Posted by slumlord
Dayyyyyum Porkbone....who puts a wildcat inna box

😄😂😂

Neighbor told me the story about 2 brothers back in the 1950's, who trapped a bobcat, put it in a big suitcase, and sit it out on the side of the road. Then, they hid on the side of the road so they could see what happened. They said an old Buick full of Blacks stopped, one jumped out and grabbed the suitcase and got back in, in the rear seat. The car took off down the road, and the brothers got in their car and followed it. About a half mile down the road, they found the car sitting in a field, all 4 doors open, with no one in sight. They stopped and looked in the car, suitcase was open and the bobcat was gone.

Can you imagine what must have went on in that car when they opened that suitcase.
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Package stealers - 11/21/18

Oh. I thot this was about the Packers and Steelers.

Well, anyway, what kind of packages you been putting out, Hanco?
Originally Posted by RickyD
Yes. Now I have everything delivered to the back door.

How do dey get over da fence?
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Sadly, if you did that, and someone died, you’d end up in jail. Shouldn’t be, but is.

Yep. Dimocraps also have the right to life, liberty and their pursuit of happiness -theiving.
Posted By: RedAstrachan Re: Package stealers - 11/21/18
Directly proportional to how many groids are in the area.
Posted By: hanco Re: Package stealers - 11/22/18
I remember when we never locked our doors.
Posted By: Orion2000 Re: Package stealers - 11/22/18

Or... Isobutyric acid in lieu of skunk essence... Don't ask me how I know that... wink
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: Package stealers - 11/22/18
Related story: One day I was working in my back yard and noticed a black woman from a distance away walking in the street in the direction of my house with a very small boy of, maybe four or five. Every mailbox they stopped at, the boy would open it, pull out the contents, and hand them to the woman, who would look through it, then place the contents into a sack she was carrying.

I kept watching from a hidden position. Eventually she came to my mailbox which was empty, since I had already collected. She still didn't see me. Then when she got to the next one, the little boy did his thing, handed the mail to her, but this time I abruptly stepped out from behind cover and made my presence known. So now, after her little boy handed her the mail, she turned to him and scolded and beat him for being a bad boy messing with people's mailboxes, snatched it out of his hand, but still put it all into her sack. Now she picked up her pace, and stopped letting him open mailboxes.

I called 911 with a description. 911 told me that it wasn't their jurisdiction, and that I should call the US Postal Service to report it, which I did. They seemed interested in all the details, but I wasn't confident they ever did anything, as it seems to me the natural responders should have been the local cops who could have sent a car to look for her and the boy on the street. No one even ever got back to me about it.
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: Package stealers - 11/22/18
Originally Posted by RedAstrachan
Directly proportional to how many groids are in the area.

I live in a suburb of NOLA. I am a minority. Most of the video clips I have seen of thefts in this area have been white trash.
Posted By: Paul_M Re: Package stealers - 11/22/18
Originally Posted by RS308MX

That would be tempting. But, if your address was on the box I imagine they would return with something much worse.

Well, if they are stealing it off of the porch I think they already know where the guy lives.
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Package stealers - 11/22/18
I remember when we never locked our doors.

That was before dhimmicraps took over and progressed us, or was that "possesed us"?
Posted By: Muffin Re: Package stealers - 11/22/18
Can you imagine what must have went on in that car when they opened that suitcase.

YES!!!

Posted By: superlight17b Re: Package stealers - 11/22/18
We have emailed too,they got a backpack I ordered off the porch, the Mexcrements follow,the mail truck,cops don't t care,post office doesn't t care,and if anyone dared beat the crapp out of one, you d be locked up,not them
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: Package stealers - 11/22/18
Originally Posted by superlight17b
We have emailed too,they got a backpack I ordered off the porch, the Mexcrements follow,the mail truck,cops don't t care,post office doesn't t care,and if anyone dared beat the crapp out of one, you d be locked up,not them

Exactly.
© 24hourcampfire