WMG
Doc Rocket
STX Hunter
forpest
RGK
JLimbo
El_Numero_Uno
Posted By: Mac84 Re: 24 Hr Campfire Hog Hunt 2019 - 12/04/18
Damn good group. I’m gonna have to make it back one of these times.
Have fun guys, ain't gonna make it this year.
One these days[years]...........

I would go but don’t have a 6.5 Creedmoor...
Originally Posted by shrapnel

laugh There would be plenty to borrow there I'm sure

Yeah, there's that. Plus I'd hate show everyone up with my manly-mans .270.
I don't go to kill pigs, that i can do for nothing anytime i want.
I had a blast last year.... I'm wishing it was March already.
Originally Posted by Raeford

Yeah, there's that. Plus I'd hate show everyone up with my manly-mans .270.

Poobs says .270's aren't allowed. They might make you sleep out in the skinning shed.
I am planning to again provide bowling pins & tables for a bowling pin shoot. They'll be more pins, so we don't have to do any sketchy rework of the bases, and I'll make the tables stiffer so they don't sag so much.

The wind blowing, keeping pins on the table, you'll just have to deal with yourself. smile

As last year, if someone wants to borrow a rifle instead of flying with one, let me know what flavor you want to use and I'll see what I can scare up...
Originally Posted by StoneCutter

Poobs says .270's aren't allowed. They might make you sleep out in the skinning shed.

He did say the .270 Ingwe was allowed, however grin
Posted By: Wtxj Re: 24 Hr Campfire Hog Hunt 2019 - 12/04/18
I'll run the 100 yard cold bore shoot, with my helpers.
Same as last year.
One shot, cold bore, hunting rifle. $10 dollars to join all funds and whatever else I buy will go to the winner.

I'm sorry to hear that Brian. Always enjoy seeing you around the fire pit.
Posted By: EdM Re: 24 Hr Campfire Hog Hunt 2019 - 12/05/18
Originally Posted by stxhunter
I go to kill beers, though that i do all of the time.

Yep.
I am about dialed with a load for my 50 BMG.
Posted By: Owl Re: 24 Hr Campfire Hog Hunt 2019 - 12/05/18
Sounds like a great time !
Posted By: Owl Re: 24 Hr Campfire Hog Hunt 2019 - 12/05/18

Creedmoor is TOO much gun. Take a Grendel otherwise know as a 6.5 Creedmoor Short.
Originally Posted by EdM

Yep.

well true but with friends is better.
Originally Posted by EdM

Yep.

Yes it is!

Sorry to hear this Brian
Yep hard to beat this. Good Companions, Shooting, Cold beers and plenty of targets.
Posted By: ingwe Re: 24 Hr Campfire Hog Hunt 2019 - 12/05/18

I have passed no judgement on caliber restrictions.

Only rule so far is if you expect to keep me from winning the Big Pig again this year, it'll take Blantons....

Hint.
Originally Posted by EdM

Yep.

Been there done that bud...
This years shirt design is underway

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
What is same as last year?
So, where does this take place, and how would an aspiring participant make the wish come true?
Originally Posted by RiverRider
So, where does this take place, and how would an aspiring participant make the wish come true?

just east of crystal city. you have to speak up when Dan puts the word out. people who have been going get first deebs but if someone can't make it then a new guy can jump in. you'd have to get with Dan he's the one that sets everything up.

It's possible to get a spot so don't give up! Last year was my first time and I had a blast. Great folks and good food,drinks and hunting! What's not to love?
Yes yes to what Roger said. Sometimes life intervenes with what you planned to do. That said I got in a couple of years ago due to a member that had to cancel. I drove the 1700 plus miles each way the first time which would be my preference especially if I could hook up with Ranger Green coming from the west coast but alas keeping Momma happy leaves me with a Blues Cruise the week before.

I know it sucks to go on a cruise but no time to drive to SW Texas after.

That said I'll suffer with flying and watching my gun case being flung to and fro to get to hang out with exceptional gentlemen, kill some hogs,brain cells and the truth. Good times. Yah!
Thanks for the info. So the next question---who's Dan? Is that dvdegeorge?
Yes it is.
Originally Posted by JLimbo
Yes yes to what Roger said. Sometimes life intervenes with what you planned to do. That said I got in a couple of years ago due to a member that had to cancel. I drove the 1700 plus miles each way the first time which would be my preference especially if I could hook up with Ranger Green coming from the west coast but alas keeping Momma happy leaves me with a Blues Cruise the week before.

I know it sucks to go on a cruise but no time to drive to SW Texas after.

That said I'll suffer with flying and watching my gun case being flung to and fro to get to hang out with exceptional gentlemen, kill some hogs,brain cells and the truth. Good times. Yah!

If you need a ride from the airport give me a shout I can probably reroute thru San Antonio to pick you up. That goes for everyone flying in.
Charles, can't wait to see you again or Bev or Bobby or every one of the crew. It's a special place because of the individuals that participate.

Thanks ahead to Dan and Gordon and Patrick for making this fun time happen.
As stated in 1st post all full at this point with return attendees and a wait list a mile long there will be no more opened spots
OK here is the link if you want to order a teeshirt
You need to press digital print as screen printing requires 12 to order

https://www.uberprints.com/designs/...QAhTFmSS8nvFfpv_9VC_RM3KoSKzQN9ZJcu-Ecpc
Charles, can't wait to see you again or Bev or Bobby or every one of the crew. It's a special place because of the individuals that participate.

holy crap someone wants to see me LOL.
Posted By: Wtxj Re: 24 Hr Campfire Hog Hunt 2019 - 12/07/18
Originally Posted by rockchucker

Well I need you back on security duty along with Joel and George.
We also need someone to shoot a tin can at 100 with a Glock 17.
Originally Posted by Wtxj

Dang it I got excited when you said you wanted someone to shoot at a tin can from 100 yards with a Glock........ then I realized you said you wanted someone to shoot a tin can from 100 yards with a Glock. I'm not the right man for that job! smile
Originally Posted by Elkhunter49
Originally Posted by Wtxj

Dang it I got excited when you said you wanted someone to shoot at a tin can from 100 yards with a Glock........ then I realized you said you wanted someone to shoot a tin can from 100 yards with a Glock. I'm not the right man for that job! smile

Come on a Bev, Gordon shouldn’t require translation in this format!!! LOL!
Dmmt Brian, you will be missed. In the meantime, practice those tactical reloads. Though the bowling pin shoot was close, if the lot of you practiced "speed" reloading, the results may have been different. The accuracy and speed was there, but the guys who were trained in reloading their pistol fast under stress pulled ahead. I was impressed by the skill displayed by everyone there. Imagine that, Riflemen who are good with pistols as well as long guns. A whole lot of "Quigleys".

This may be a moot point since Bobby is back. The real contest is for second place.

I will be driving again, if work or family allows this. I am one of those who might be knocked off the list. I will keep everyone updated if my situation pulls me out this year.
i can't go because i have to wash my hair and not invited to begin with :-)

For the curious: Thompson Hunting Lodge

--Bob
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide

I'm sorry to hear that Brian. Always enjoy seeing you around the fire pit.

Yes sir, I always enjoyed spending time with you guys. But sometimes life gets in the way. Maybe I'll be able to get back in the rotation in the future.
Originally Posted by 7mmMato

Sorry to hear this Brian

Yeah man, we had a good time in the past. Remember this night? You, me, and Sandcritter each shot one, and Roof shot two. Sandcritter and I had to double up because of the mud and they didn't have enough stands. I had already shot one in the morning, so Dan got the first shot. He shot this sow that had to weigh 200 pounds. So Rudy picked me and Dan up after you, we had 3 pigs on the game rack on the back of the truck including Dan's monster. By the time we got to Roof's stand, we noticed the rack had broken and we were missing a pig. We had to load all of the pork on the back of the truck and go back for the missing pig which we found a few hundred yards down the trail. I think the worst part was Rudy trying to turn the truck around a few extra times in the mud without getting hung up. This was a good night with good friends.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Ranger_Green
Dmmt Brian, you will be missed. In the meantime, practice those tactical reloads. Though the bowling pin shoot was close, if the lot of you practiced "speed" reloading, the results may have been different. The accuracy and speed was there, but the guys who were trained in reloading their pistol fast under stress pulled ahead. I was impressed by the skill displayed by everyone there. Imagine that, Riflemen who are good with pistols as well as long guns. A whole lot of "Quigleys".

This may be a moot point since Bobby is back. The real contest is for second place.

I will be driving again, if work or family allows this. I am one of those who might be knocked off the list. I will keep everyone updated if my situation pulls me out this year.

Yeah, I really appreciated your input. It's first time anyone has ever coached me in shooting. Lord knows I need all of coaching I can get.

Don't sell yourself short, you're always the life of the party. It might get interesting with both you and NH K9 there at the same time. You guys remind me of each other.

Yeah, I really appreciated your input. It's first time anyone has ever coached me in shooting. Lord knows I need all of coaching I can get.

Technically I coached you in weapons handling - the combat or tactical reload. Your accuracy was spot on. I did not need to coach you on how to shoot.
It might get interesting with both you and NH K9 there at the same time. You guys remind me of each other.

NHK9 is the one who speaks English. Grin!
Originally Posted by 7mmMato

Sorry to hear this Brian

Yeah man, we had a good time in the past. Remember this night? You, me, and Sandcritter each shot one, and Roof shot two. Sandcritter and I had to double up because of the mud and they didn't have enough stands. I had already shot one in the morning, so Dan got the first shot. He shot this sow that had to weigh 200 pounds. So Rudy picked me and Dan up after you, we had 3 pigs on the game rack on the back of the truck including Dan's monster. By the time we got to Roof's stand, we noticed the rack had broken and we were missing a pig. We had to load all of the pork on the back of the truck and go back for the missing pig which we found a few hundred yards down the trail. I think the worst part was Rudy trying to turn the truck around a few extra times in the mud without getting hung up. This was a good night with good friends.

[Linked Image]

Yes it was a good night. I have been blessed to be in on 2 different racks busting off of the trucks and dumping our pigs out.
I received my Hog Hunt Tee shirt and the quality of shirt as well as print image is much better with this new company,also sizing seems to run true and be accurate

Link to order shirts

2019 Hog Hunt Tees

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Mac84 Re: 24 Hr Campfire Hog Hunt 2019 - 12/11/18

Don't sell yourself short, you're always the life of the party. It might get interesting with both you and NH K9 there at the same time. You guys remind me of each other.

Ok this made me laugh because it’s so very true.
Posted By: Wtxj Re: 24 Hr Campfire Hog Hunt 2019 - 12/11/18
Ordered my shirts.
Posted By: roof Re: 24 Hr Campfire Hog Hunt 2019 - 12/11/18
Ordered mine too.

I find I miss and reload with sufficient speed. I need to actually hit the pins on the first try. smile
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal

I find I miss and reload with sufficient speed. I need to actually hit the pins on the first try. smile

You are on the right track, Grasshopper.
i speak english damnit
Posted By: Wtxj Re: 24 Hr Campfire Hog Hunt 2019 - 12/13/18
Hey Dan,
T shirt people don't like me. Said copyrighted.

Hi there Gordon,

Thank you for ordering with UberPrints.com!

Unfortunately, we are not authorized to print the images related to Hogs Apothecary and Thompson Hunting Lodge in your design because they are protected by copyright laws. We apologize for the inconvenience. If you would like to redesign, you are welcome to save a new design in your account and we can update your order without having to cancel. We will keep your order on hold until we hear back from you.

Let us know if you have any questions. Have a good day!

Best,

Kaliyah

UberPrints Customer Service
[email protected]
1-866-440-8237
Gordon contact them I sent them an email from Kevin oking the use of the logo
they should have it on file,let me know if you have a problem
She said they would print mine, I warned her that she may get 20/25 more orders

she said to do something I of course missed , on other orders.
Maybe there is a space to leave a message on the order blank, I don't know.

She said mine will be printed, i'll see in a week or so if they show up.
Oh, thanks for the help.
Dan,

I sent my deposit in early so that the wife did not spend the money on her free-loading family. Please let me know when you get it.

Tracy

P.S. Great design on the shirt. I ordered mine for Christmas!
Tracy you are good to go I received it thank you
Posted By: EdM Re: 24 Hr Campfire Hog Hunt 2019 - 12/23/18
Dan,

I suggest you give a deposit cost and address to send it to via PM to those confirmed.
After the holidays
I'm primed!

ya!

[Linked Image]

GWB
BTW.........

[Linked Image]

Merry Christmas Y'all.

GWB
I just love that picture!
well dang, i kept checking back to see when this thing would be and i missed it again.
Originally Posted by Mac84
Damn good group. I’m gonna have to make it back one of these times.

Me too. Haven't been to one of these since it was held in TN. 2020 is bad too, maybe 2021? Have a great time, gentlemen.
I think i'll cook some tripas to go along with the carnitas i make.
Sounds good Roger!~
Posted By: ingwe Re: 24 Hr Campfire Hog Hunt 2019 - 12/31/18

Solamente carnitas por mi, no quiero y no me gusta tripas!
Originally Posted by ingwe

Solamente carnitas por mi, no quiero y no me gusta tripas!

you have enough booze you will, then you will be hooked.
Posted By: ingwe Re: 24 Hr Campfire Hog Hunt 2019 - 12/31/18
Just don't force me to drink!

Please Brer fox, don't throw me in that briar patch!
Told my wife I missed out on this hunt. That was before Christmas and at Christmas, opening gifts, my son and I both got an envelope. Inside was a receipt for a hunt for hogs at Independence Ranch in Texas. I guess I should keep her after 46 years of marriage. My son is a former MARSOC Marine and I should have thought of this 20 + years ago when he got out. I have a wonderful family here. Guess I'll keep them. Rusty
to bad you couldn't join us, maybe next year. i don't even go to kill pigs, i can do that for free anytime i want, go for the company.
Originally Posted by rustyzipper
Told my wife I missed out on this hunt. That was before Christmas and at Christmas, opening gifts, my son and I both got an envelope. Inside was a receipt for a hunt for hogs at Independence Ranch in Texas. I guess I should keep her after 46 years of marriage. My son is a former MARSOC Marine and I should have thought of this 20 + years ago when he got out. I have a wonderful family here. Guess I'll keep them. Rusty

That is too cool! Treat her right, she sounds like a good one.
Posted By: EdM Re: 24 Hr Campfire Hog Hunt 2019 - 01/02/19
to bad you couldn't join us, maybe next year. i don't even go to kill pigs, i can do that for free anytime i want, go for the company.

Spot on. I don't think I nailed one last year. A nice trip to bring out your "odd" rifles and shoot.

I go to kill pigs!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

just keeps gettin' better every year!

Mo' Pigs!

ya!

GWB
GW----I thought you went for the one on one instruction on trap shooting ! Bob
Originally Posted by colorado bob
GW----I thought you went for the one on one instruction on trap shooting ! Bob

I'm sure another session would be in order.

I have no problem with connecting on hoglets with a shotgun

[Linked Image]

when they are on the ground!

[Linked Image]

and are of a certain size.

It's those little orange discs up in the air that give me fits!

ya!

GWB
Posted By: EdM Re: 24 Hr Campfire Hog Hunt 2019 - 01/03/19
I am not seeing the jug of red GW.
Originally Posted by EdM
I am not seeing the jug of red GW.

Never fear

As always,

[Linked Image]

it will accompany me!

[Linked Image]

discreetly of course

[Linked Image]

after all, I'm goin' to hunt pigs!

ya!

GWB
Posted By: EdM Re: 24 Hr Campfire Hog Hunt 2019 - 01/05/19
I feel better now as I, too, was sipping from it. My dear deceased Mother and Father had it every night with dinner growing up.
Dano, my deposit check is on its way to you.
Posted By: ingwe Re: 24 Hr Campfire Hog Hunt 2019 - 01/08/19
Looking forward to having you there the whole time this time Doc!
^^^^^ This!

Yep me as well. Doc I enjoyed our short introduction last year but I'm looking forward to a longer visit sir!
Posted By: EdM Re: 24 Hr Campfire Hog Hunt 2019 - 01/09/19

Yep. Two guitars with Pat?
I'll make the same offer as last year, if someone is flying and wants to borrow a rifle to avoid luggage hassles, let me know.
Hog Hunt tee shirt reminder

Order from this link

https://www.uberprints.com/designs/...MkgfJW6pmIzNndGpRpToHWCVksSwqj9hohy27Cdg
For shotguns, I'll probably bring 2 or 3 doubles - an early 60's Superposed, an Ithaca/SKB 200, and an Ugartechea 12ga sxs. I could likely be talked into selling one or more of them, too. smile
Posted By: ingwe Re: 24 Hr Campfire Hog Hunt 2019 - 01/29/19
Originally Posted by EdM

Yep. Two guitars with Pat?

Strumming the guitars...check.

If there is those two singing..I will need to bring more booze...
Posted By: EdM Re: 24 Hr Campfire Hog Hunt 2019 - 01/29/19
For shotguns, I'll probably bring 2 or 3 doubles - an early 60's Superposed, an Ithaca/SKB 200, and an Ugartechea 12ga sxs. I could likely be talked into selling one or more of them, too. smile

Doc bought my Ithaca 200E a few years ago at one of Pat's dove hunts. I know he is a fan of them.
Posted By: Ready Re: 24 Hr Campfire Hog Hunt 2019 - 01/30/19
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge

As an attendee of the first two Texas Hog Hunts, I trust, I am elgible to order Shirts, even, now, when life, and work, mostly work, keeps me from joining...

Gentlemen, it has been a pleasure. Have fun, y'all.
Will miss seeing you, Carl. Hope all is well with you and your family.
Posted By: ingwe Re: 24 Hr Campfire Hog Hunt 2019 - 01/30/19
Will miss seeing you, Carl. Hope all is well with you and your family.

Yep Carl...

but your absence at least gives us amateurs a chance to show OUR shooting skills...
Carl! I still have that HK91 if you ever come back. You know, like Shane.
Originally Posted by Ready

As an attendee of the first two Texas Hog Hunts, I trust, I am elgible to order Shirts, even, now, when life, and work, mostly work, keeps me from joining...

Gentlemen, it has been a pleasure. Have fun, y'all.

Carl get a shirt! I miss you're Ascot hat and pipe you add some sophistication to a boorish group
Hope all is well over in Germany. Carl hope you and the family are doing fine.
Posted By: Ready Re: 24 Hr Campfire Hog Hunt 2019 - 01/31/19
Thank y'all for your kind words. Family is to great, Charles. We have had another boy, since we last met, which makes the little guy a year and a half old already again now. Boy #1 at 11 is giving me a run for my money at most anything already and only daughter is just a charm at 8 years.

I am following your exploits and am plotting ways to once again attend - like a laboratory rat, testing the wires of its cage.

Dan - will get a T-Shirt, but won't wear it openly ;-)

Joel and Tom, miss shooting with you, guns and the breeze.

And, darn, that HK91, Ranger, aside from Docs side by side, the gun I was not worth a darn with... Happy memories. Thanks, gentlemen.
Try to make it next year, Carl!
Congrats on the newest Son. You will be busy well into your 50's.
Hopefully one day I will make it back to the hog hunt.
I’d take dibs on a couch
You need to keep in touch Stewart!
Yeah I know I been slacking bad. I adopted a black lab and she has been keeping me busy with pheasant and duck hunting more than usual. Couldn’t had asked for a better dog.
Posted By: Mac84 Re: 24 Hr Campfire Hog Hunt 2019 - 02/13/19
Originally Posted by ScopeBite416
Hopefully one day I will make it back to the hog hunt.

You and me both.
is there a waiting list for this trip ? who do i need to bribe ?
Long list already so not taking names
Posted By: RGK Re: 24 Hr Campfire Hog Hunt 2019 - 02/14/19
The hog hunt has turned into my favorite trip...lots of male bonding, good food and plenty of hogs. Biggest decision is which guns/calibers to bring.
Bob
I've got the kolaches ordered from Prasek's, & GWB is gonna bring them over for us. (We may need to do a hard count upon arrival, to make sure there wasn't any shrinkage during the trip... laugh )

I've only ever ordered from the mother ship, in Hilje, TX, but the folks in Sealy assured me these are the same kolaches that have made the company famous the world 'round.

I can't wait!

FC
Posted By: ingwe Re: 24 Hr Campfire Hog Hunt 2019 - 02/14/19
EXCELLENT! Ive never had a kolache!
I need to make it to one of these hog hunts. I hear the list is long though.
EXCELLENT! Ive never had a kolache!

Sounds like the dance Fonzie did at the dance marathon
Originally Posted by Folically_Challenged
I've got the kolaches ordered from Prasek's, & GWB is gonna bring them over for us. (We may need to do a hard count upon arrival, to make sure there wasn't any shrinkage during the trip... laugh )

I've only ever ordered from the mother ship, in Hilje, TX, but the folks in Sealy assured me these are the same kolaches that have made the company famous the world 'round.

I can't wait!

FC

Do you need my hat size or are they adjustable?
Prasek's makes good jerky
No more yanky my wanky the donger need food
made some really good salsa verde to take to the hog hunt. they don't have any descent hot sauce at that place, just Tabasco. this stuff is hot but great flavor.
lol

I can't wait!

FC

I'll be curious to see if they are any better than Shipley's smile
Prizes for the heaviest hogs there will be 2 winners....heaviest gets 1st choice

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Ready Re: 24 Hr Campfire Hog Hunt 2019 - 02/20/19
Wow, that Ingram ...
Wow, that Ingram ...

Yeah I really thought hard about keeping it ....but I'm so selfless
Posted By: ingwe Re: 24 Hr Campfire Hog Hunt 2019 - 02/20/19
I am highly motivated to shoot the biggest pig again this year..gonna try to win three times, like my hero Dan did in the Dinkathon...
Fuggin collusion !

Good luck & good times Boyos.

smile
Wow, that Ingram ...

What’s that? YOU, ogling an orange-handled knife? Whodathunkit???

laugh

FC
Hey Dan did Kevin come up with a scale this time?. Will the knifes be for 1st and second in the heavy hog division or will the other blade be for 3 pig combined weight? I've got to find a way to get home and grab my gear.
Posted By: ingwe Re: 24 Hr Campfire Hog Hunt 2019 - 02/23/19
Bev I think Dan bought a scale...just to be sure...
i think Gordan is bringing one also.
That's good to hear guys thanks. It's been a tough start to 2019 for my wife and I and I'm really looking forward to the hunting and visiting!

Yup sent it to Gordon and he will be bringing it
1st and 2nd place hogs winner gets choice of knife 2nd place gets the other
Sounds great Dan, thanks!
Posted By: Wtxj Re: 24 Hr Campfire Hog Hunt 2019 - 02/23/19
What scale- grin

Now I'm fixing to be out of house for next 12 hours so I will not reply.
Posted By: Wtxj Re: 24 Hr Campfire Hog Hunt 2019 - 02/24/19
Found the scale.
Home
I will be guiding Bob to the big hog. Dan will be out of bullets.
Originally Posted by ltppowell
I will be guiding Bob to the big hog. Dan will be out of bullets.

wink laugh

Yup sent it to Gordon and he will be bringing it
1st and 2nd place hogs winner gets choice of knife 2nd place gets the other

I'll bring a backup scale. smile
Pat a 44mag to much for the pins?

It should be okay. I've heard of pro pin shooters using them.
For the pin shoot, I'll donate a prize of a Beretta/Loveless drop point hunter knife, with the desirable burled quince handle.
For the pin shoot, I'll donate a prize of a Beretta/Loveless drop point hunter knife, with the desirable burled quince handle.

I want it bad!
I've not yet been bitten by the knife bug, but y'all guys are showin' some pretty nice ones. I might hafta try harder to shoot a biggun this go 'round.

FC
I've not yet been bitten by the knife bug, but y'all guys are showin' some pretty nice ones. I might hafta try harder to shoot a biggun this go 'round.

FC

i have a couple knifes that cost more than a nice rifle, my favorite got stolen a few yrs ago.
Folks I have a question if this is so dog gone much fun why is there only one of these going on? Why don't some one in the area of lots of hogs make arrangement with the same or another place where the excess participants could go and have some fun. Maybe at a slightly different time of the year so that people that have a scheduling conflict could still fit in on one or the other
and thus more can participate. It is just a thought and the people who operate these type of facilities could also profit. Just asking and I just might go myself. Cheers NC
Tough to get away for more than one of these for me ...feel free to contact the outfitter and arrange away....Its funny the first few years it was a struggle to fill all the spots now it's largely return offenders every year
Of course it's the group that makes this a grand extravaganza
ok i'm going to bring 4 quarts apple pie and 4 of 110 proof or 175 proof clear or a combination of those two depending on what y'all want.
I'm drinking bourbon I don't want that hillybilly crap

snob... lol
lol
Posted By: EdM Re: 24 Hr Campfire Hog Hunt 2019 - 02/26/19

When I shot pins in college I used my 5" M29-2 with 240 gr SWC's (I still have some of those bullets) loaded down from full throttle 44 Mag loads. Worked very well.
Originally Posted by EdM

When I shot pins in college I used my 5" M29-2 with 240 gr SWC's (I still have some of those bullets) loaded down from full throttle 44 Mag loads. Worked very well.
Have a S&W 629 but haven't shot it in yrs also have a 500 S&W thats never been shot. I'll bring some form of 1911 more than likely.
Posted By: ingwe Re: 24 Hr Campfire Hog Hunt 2019 - 02/26/19

Roger...you know I am not encumbered by such snobbery....

Roger...you know I am not encumbered by such snobbery....

+1 on that. Rogers clear medicine is pretty tasty. Did have to go back to beer as to not hurt myself too bad.
Posted By: EdM Re: 24 Hr Campfire Hog Hunt 2019 - 02/28/19
If anyone is interested I have a new, never taken out of its case Oehler 35P Complete Kit (sells for $595) that I will not use. Some years ago my loonyism waned and I have appropriate loads developed for about everything I own. I will sell it for $250 and deliver it to the hunt someone wants it. Shoot me a PM please.
You guys be safe and shoot a pile of pork! smile

Texas Hunting Forum classifieds has a Ruger #1 in 7x57 for sale.

It seems to me that someone here might be interested. It has some nice wood on it.
I'm sure you guys will have a blast a usual. I wish I was going, but now I'm glad I backed out. My dog was supposed to have surgery on his Achilles in November, but the week before the surgery was supposed to happen, my father-in-law suddenly passed away. So we canceled it. It wasn't until January when we rescheduled it for last Monday. He had the surgery and everything went well. Now we're up against a 12 week rehab and he's walking on a peg leg hard cast. To make things worse, we started with a complete kitchen remodel in January and it's not done yet as I suspected. So I still have no kitchen and a dog walking on a peg leg. What a clusterf^ck. If I had gone on this hunt, I would have come home with changed locks on the door and would have been sleeping in my truck. eek Hopefully I'll be able to get back in the loop in the future.

Man's best friend.
[Linked Image]
I'll help you guys get jacked up with some pictures from some previous years.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Sorry to hear about the loss of your Father in Law, and the jacked up nature of your kitchen. Also sad to see your pooch in a cast. I'll drink one in your honor around the campfire, and we'll look forward to having you back in camp next year.
Originally Posted by northcountry
Folks I have a question if this is so dog gone much fun why is there only one of these going on? Why don't some one in the area of lots of hogs make arrangement with the same or another place where the excess participants could go and have some fun. Maybe at a slightly different time of the year so that people that have a scheduling conflict could still fit in on one or the other
and thus more can participate. It is just a thought and the people who operate these type of facilities could also profit. Just asking and I just might go myself. Cheers NC

I concur!
Gentlemen,
I do not pretend to understand all that there is to know about this situation, But I can tell you that I have been around it for several years. It started with some pig hunts (shoots) in Tennessee, which were ramrodded by a member here, and a good time was had even then. The location moved, after the first or second year, to another location in Tennessee, and continued for three or four more years there. Things changed, the wind blew in a different direction, and the group was forced to explore other options. Due to diligence on the part of one of our founding members, we re-located to a place in Texas. Since then, the trip has been stellar. Old hands look forward to breaking bread each year. New members are greeted like old friends. I can only make this suggestion: If you want to make something happen on a seperate week, then make it happen. Plan it, advertise it. Lots of folks would like to make one of these trips. Make it to Florida, South Carolina, Georgia or another Texas trip.

Whatever you do, don't let time get away from you! Get out and meet other Campfire Members. They are good people.
Gentlemen,
I do not pretend to understand all that there is to know about this situation, But I can tell you that I have been around it for several years. It started with some pig hunts (shoots) in Tennessee, which were ramrodded by a member here, and a good time was had even then. The location moved, after the first or second year, to another location in Tennessee, and continued for three or four more years there. Things changed, the wind blew in a different direction, and the group was forced to explore other options. Due to diligence on the part of one of our founding members, we re-located to a place in Texas. Since then, the trip has been stellar. Old hands look forward to breaking bread each year. New members are greeted like old friends. I can only make this suggestion: If you want to make something happen on a seperate week, then make it happen. Plan it, advertise it. Lots of folks would like to make one of these trips. Make it to Florida, South Carolina, Georgia or another Texas trip.

Whatever you do, don't let time get away from you! Get out and meet other Campfire Members. They are good people.

Wise words my friend!
Posted By: RGK Re: 24 Hr Campfire Hog Hunt 2019 - 03/01/19
Looks like the weather will be awesome while we're there. No rain, mid-70's to 80's.
Bob
Awards along with prizes will be given out

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
It's going to be epic!
Originally Posted by RGK
Looks like the weather will be awesome while we're there. No rain, mid-70's to 80's.
Bob

Remember last year? The last day it was over 90*. It's the first time in my life that I went hunting in shorts and a T- shirt. Matter of fact, when he dropped me off at my box, it was about 150* inside there and I took my shirt off for a while until I got it cooled down. Cold beer tastes good.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Gentlemen,

Totally agree - I'm been to a few of the Quemado gatherings, as well as the Tennessee Hog Hunts, and those were a fine event as well. The Hog Hunt is terrific, besides the great people and fun events, that you actually get to go down and harvest about as much pork as you want for 3 days.

A couple years ago I think someone on the Alaska Forum talked about a similar Group hunt, but for caribou in Alaska. I think there was concern about logistics, and safety with a bunch of newbies in the Alaskan bush, but it seemed damn interesting.

I'd suggest if someone wanted to do something similar - a gathering facility for the group, be it a large lodge or campground, with frequent shooting/hunting opportunity, and moderate cost per member and I think it could be a hit.

Suggestions:

Waterfowl/dove/quail
hogs/management whitetail deer
prairie dogs/predators
fishing - fresh or inshore salt water

just a thought...
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Bobby got pulled over.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by RGK
Bob

Remember last year? The last day it was over 90*. It's the first time in my life that I went hunting in shorts and a T- shirt. Matter of fact, when he dropped me off at my box, it was about 150* inside there and I took my shirt off for a while until I got it cooled down. Cold beer tastes good.

Not unusual to find me wearing my summer time version of Texas Hill Country Summer-Time Cammo, between April and late November.

[Linked Image]

Killed a deer on December 19, 1969 IIRC it was 91 Degrees.

ya!

GWB
I'll help you guys get jacked up with some pictures from some previous years.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Hey Stone, the guy in the red flannel, in the third pic, I've seen before, decades ago, don't remember where, but I think he was U.S. Army. cool
Ranger Green!
Ranger Green!

Dan, were you referring to my post? if so, HOLY SHEET, small world!
Yes Jerry ! Tracy is a good dude unfortunately for us he had to miss this year but should be back next year and we need to get you back in too!
Yes Jerry ! Tracy is a good dude unfortunately for us he had to miss this year but should be back next year and we need to get you back in too!

Hell of a deal! and 10-roger on the repeat! smile
my buddy made a batch of mesquite whisky, came out amazingly good, i'm bring a quart of that. 3 apple pies and a gallon of 110 clear.
Posted By: roof Re: 24 Hr Campfire Hog Hunt 2019 - 03/02/19
Roger, Don't forget the tripe
going to make pork cranitas, not menudo.
Finally narrowed down the instruments of death to rifles that have not been bloodied. Will hopefully change that status soon.

[Linked Image][/URL][/img]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

ya!

GWB
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

ya!

GWB
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

ya!

GWB
Looks Like a Good Time!
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Maybe could be one of these this week....

[Linked Image]
Posted By: okie Re: 24 Hr Campfire Hog Hunt 2019 - 03/04/19
All the usual suspects!!!! You fellas have great time, miss all of ya! (Teri sends hugs)
Originally Posted by okie
All the usual suspects!!!! You fellas have great time, miss all of ya! (Teri sends hugs)

Same here Dana say hey to Teri!
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Go for it.
Someone get dat Ostrich !
Originally Posted by New_2_99s
It was a mean phuucker and it's dead already
Posted By: EdM Re: 24 Hr Campfire Hog Hunt 2019 - 03/04/19
The truck is packed. Pork is cubed and chili verde will be simmering in the morning. I head to the airport around noon tomorrow to pick up Brian and Joe. The fridge has Bohemia and Pacifico chilling.
Posted By: Wtxj Re: 24 Hr Campfire Hog Hunt 2019 - 03/05/19
Originally Posted by EdM
The truck is packed. Pork is cubed and chili verde will be simmering in the morning. I head to the airport around noon tomorrow to pick up Brian and Joe. The fridge has Bohemia and Pacifico chilling.

Pacifico is a good beer.
Originally Posted by EdM

Can’t wait!

Prasek’s called today that they’ll be baking the kolaches Wed am, and confirmed the requested packaging. This is gonna be a great trip!

FC

[Linked Image]

Oh Please!

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by EdM

Can’t wait!

Prasek’s called today that they’ll be baking the kolaches Wed am, and confirmed the requested packaging. This is gonna be a great trip!

FC

Plan to be there at 9 AM to P/U

Its 329 mi. from my house to Crystal City. The 718 exit to Praseks is +/- 70 miles from my house. If all goes well I should roll in around 3PM.

ya!

GWB
Originally Posted by New_2_99s
It was a mean phuucker and it's dead already

grin
Have a great time guys.

To potentially avoid unnecessary accidents, I'd suggest keeping Ingwe away from Roger's hooch !
I’m 40,000 ft high over the border of Ky and Tn hurry up already
Hope you guys have a good time. Please post some pictures. We need all of the gory details.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Mac84 Re: 24 Hr Campfire Hog Hunt 2019 - 03/05/19
Joel,

Give Bobby a cuff upside the head for me will ya? Lol.

I will never forget Bobby coming off the top turnbuckle to land on top of you for the pin. Goodtimes.
LOL, Mac, just checking in for some up to date fresh kill pics. smile
Posted By: roof Re: 24 Hr Campfire Hog Hunt 2019 - 03/07/19
[Linked Image]
Just getting started.
Originally Posted by roof
[Linked Image]
Just getting started.

Good job. Keep the pictures coming. Thanks.
Where's the mud ???
Originally Posted by roof
[Linked Image]
Just getting started.

Good Shooting Roof! cool
We’re doin’ some shootin’...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

And it’s hell getting the very best camera angles...

[Linked Image]

Sometimes, we need to stop for refreshments of one kind...

[Linked Image]

Or another....

[Linked Image]

The hogs haven’t been coming fast & furious, exactly, but we’re certainly armed for whatever comes our way.

[Linked Image]

FC
Posted By: Mac84 Re: 24 Hr Campfire Hog Hunt 2019 - 03/08/19
i have a gut feeling y'all are prepared.
What's the current body count?
Has Ingwe killed anything?
Is there a way you could put names with the pictures?
Originally Posted by Whelenman
Is there a way you could put names with the pictures?

I'll try, but I get mixed up on what everyone's handles are. Some guys I know their names, but can't keep their handles straight, so I might be a little wrong. I'll tell you the ones I think I know.

Top picture from left to right.
EdM sitting in the chair.
NH K9 standing looking at his phone.
Ingwe sitting with the K9 Unit shirt on.
Roof sitting on the shooting bench with his back to us.
Kingston standing to Roof's right.
Bullshooter to his right leaning up against the wall.
In the background, Crimson Tide in the red hat, then I don't know in the red shirt, then Tex_n_cal with his hand on his hat
Then all of the way to the right in the background behind Bullshooter in the green shirt looks like it might be Rockchucker..

The big man in the second picture shooting the rifle is Crimson Tide. Damn, he almost looks like he knows what the hell he's doing. grin

The third picture I think is Kingston laying on the ground. Not sure what to make of this. Did he have too much to drink the night before? crazy

The forth picture is a bottle of whiskey which is probably empty by now.

The fifth picture is Follically Challenged's leprechaun hat. I think it brings him good luck.

The last picture is the tools of trade.
Posted By: roof Re: 24 Hr Campfire Hog Hunt 2019 - 03/09/19
[Linked Image]
Posted By: roof Re: 24 Hr Campfire Hog Hunt 2019 - 03/09/19
It’s been kind of slow on the hogs this year. I got this coyote this morning at about 250 yards.

Better question is "Has Ingwe fallen and hurt himself yet?"
I’m home! I’ll post pictures tomorrow! Thanks to everyone for a great week. Dan, you’ve out done yourself!
Good seeing you again Brian.
Originally Posted by rflshtr

Better question is "Has Ingwe fallen and hurt himself yet?"

his new handle is typhoid Mary, lmao....
[Linked Image]

Winners, all!

[Linked Image]

David Ball won the 1 shot Cold Bore Shoot. Our Fearless Leader dvdegeorge presenting the awards.

[Linked Image]

Big Pimpin' Crimson Tide won the Bowling Pin Shoot

[Linked Image]

stxhunter won the largest hog contest, and got the Ingram he always wanted!

[Linked Image]
NHK9 won Second largest hog!

[Linked Image]

By the time Kingston got his award/reward, I was wrapped in the arms of Bacchus and CRS. IIRC it was for perforating the dinkiest hoglet. Follically Challenged doing the honors.

Great time had by all I'd say!

ya!

GWB

chit that beer belly will be gone in about a month....
Big shout out to Dvdgeorge for organizing another great trip!

FC
Posted By: EdM Re: 24 Hr Campfire Hog Hunt 2019 - 03/11/19
It was a fun time as usual. My young one is happy happy.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Congratulations to David Ball (Paladin) for his winning shot at the 2019 Gordon's Cold Bore Cup and thank you to Accu-Shot for sponsoring the cup. This was the third year of the competition. It's held annually at the 24hourcampfire Hog Hunt. Accu-Shot, makers of the the Atlas Bipod, provided target cards, a banner, prizes and a $300 gift certificate. Twenty-two shooters threw $10 into the cup for a shot at the winner takes all title.

Entrants shot everything from AR's, to customized Remington 700's, vintage and modern customs, Ruger No1's, and bone stock factory rifles. Rifles were chambered in everything from 220 Howell to 30.06, 28 Nosler, 6x47, 6.5 CM, 22-250.

Competitors take a single cold bore shot at individual targets posted at 100 yards. The rifle may be supported by any means, so long as it a rifle they're hunting with.

David won the contest shooting a Ruger American Predator chambered in 6.5CM. The rifle was scoped with a 6.5-20x50mm Leupold VX-3i and shot factory Federal Fusion 140's.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
The winning shot

Rounding out the top five! (Second Place was a virtual tie)
[Linked Image]
Tex_N_Cal

[Linked Image]
WTXJ

[Linked Image]
Kingston

[Linked Image]
ltppowell
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Looks like you all had a great year, good weather with lots of targets and laughs. Love the pictures. 😎

Seems one little piggy went to the market and lost his head...😜
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Great pics and looks like a great time had by all!

Except Typhoid Mary aka Ingwe.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Bullshooter’s 280 Ross fireformed from 300 Win Mag case (left).
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

David Ball shooting 8” plate at 100 yardswith his 500 Linebaugh.

He was also running bowling pins, but made me lay them down head first. I picked one up 15’ behind the table. Insane...
Great Pics Fellows1 looks like a Great time had by All!
Great pics! Looks like another fine weekend of camraderie and shooting was fully enjoyed.
[Linked Image]

Good stuff boys, particularly like this photo of Tom sneaking off to share a beer, with all his friends !

grin
A few more snaps from the 2019 24hr.campfire hoghunt........

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Hey G'Dub thanks for getting me in the half gulp of my Dilly-Dilly. grin
Hey G'Dub thanks for getting me in the half gulp of my Dilly-Dilly. grin

my pleasure!

ya!

GWB
don't ya just luv those modern conveniences!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

ya!

GWB
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

ya!

GWB
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

ya!

GWB
Holy crap! First pics of the " bowling ball polisher" on the hoof.

Outstanding!

Gee, what are you still doing up?
Holy crap! First pics of the " bowling ball polisher" on the hoof.

Outstanding!

Gee, what are you still doing up?

I stay up late quite often. This morning I'm enjoying uploading images to Photobucket, all the while thinking about what a great group of guys I had the privilege of being around for 5 days last week. I did not perforate any hoglets. However, for me, personally, this was the best get-together yet.

ya!

GWB
GW you saw the critters I was trying to kill Addax and Fallow....I saw deer,hogs and turkey only exotics I saw while on stand were some red deer.....but as Linus would say "just wait till next year I'll sit in the most sincere blind and get the great exotic "
GW was that you that shot the black Hawaiian Ram? I can fig out about 1/2 the faces here but alot I dont know. Nice to see some Green and Flowers again!
Originally Posted by saddlering
GW was that you that shot the black Hawaiian Ram? I can fig out about 1/2 the faces here but alot I dont know. Nice to see some Green and Flowers again!

yup! I mentioned elsewhere, I had a premonition that I prolly was gonna get skunked when it came to perforating hoglets. I'd almost pulled the trigger on a blackbuck doe the evening before. When that ram came out of the scrum, I could not help but think that if I ever decided to take up bowling, I'd need a sack for my bowling ball...........

[Linked Image]

Our guides, a nice hoglet, and an old goat!

ya!

GWB
GW didn’t catch me on my phone! :-]]]
Great pics! I made it home safely, but got the crud. Don’t know whether to blame Tom or my insistence that I would wear shirt and sandals while I was I. Texas! Tom did infect me with the revolver bug. . There is only one cure for that. Half way through butchering, ribs in the marinade, and hams injected and curing. Can’t wait to do it again next year! Thanks to Dan and all who make this happen!

Fred
Good work Men, another blast was had, hope everyone had safe travels home, and yes, get well soon! grin
Great photos.

I want in!

-Jake
Originally Posted by Bocajnala
Great photos.

I want in!

-Jake

No room at the Inn, i'll go get that giant RV of my parents that looks like a greyhound bus, I'll just park it at the hunt and run a power cord, you can bunk with me. smile
Good job gentlemen. Glad everything went well. Missed seeing everyone. I hope to return some day.
Ill take a spare Bunk Gunner500 if your Not booked full yet!
Ill take a spare Bunk Gunner500 if your Not booked full yet!

LOL saddlering, I think that damn thing sleeps about 10, if we can get it by the lodge and DVDan i'll hook her up, will also have to keep an eye on the weather, monsoon comes and I get that big sob buried on a muddy road, Moms gonna kick my butt. shocked laugh
Originally Posted by kingston

Entrants shot everything from AR's, to customized Remington 700's, vintage and modern customs, Ruger No1's, and bone stock factory rifles. Rifles were chambered in everything from 220 Howell to 30.06, 28 Nosler, 6x47, 6.5 CM, 22-250.

Ahem. You forgot one shooter used a 375 H&H Magnum with full power 300 gr loads...
Originally Posted by DocRocket

Ahem. You forgot one shooter used a 375 H&H Magnum with full power 300 gr loads...

The gay guy?
Posted By: ingwe Re: 24 Hr Campfire Hog Hunt 2019 - 03/14/19

The gay guy?

I dunno. I saw him with a woman...

But then again women like gay guys cause they're non-threatening...

The gay guy?

... and because they let their women shoot their 270's...
Ha and next year Cate is gonna shoot in the pin competition

The gay guy?

... and because they let their women shoot their 270's...

Hey now,

this gal swings both ways,

he likes his 375 H&H

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

as well as his 270

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

not to mention the 45-70

[Linked Image]

ya!

GWB

I did. My apologies. This detail absolutely should be part of the narrative!
Just excellent.. Thanks for the show...
Posted By: ingwe Re: 24 Hr Campfire Hog Hunt 2019 - 03/15/19
Originally Posted by forpest
Great pics! I made it home safely, but got the crud. Don’t know whether to blame Tom or my insistence that I would wear shirt and sandals while I was I. Texas! Tom did infect me with the revolver bug. . There is only one cure for that. Half way through butchering, ribs in the marinade, and hams injected and curing. Can’t wait to do it again next year! Thanks to Dan and all who make this happen!

Fred

Fred, sorry you caught it too! Ive never started a pandemic before, but it sure looks like I did this time!

It was cool seeing you light up with the revolver...always nice to expand someones shooting interests...and watch them spend more money on the sport!
Posted By: RGK Re: 24 Hr Campfire Hog Hunt 2019 - 03/16/19
I had a great time, as usual. Had to leave a little early, but no worries. I WILL be shooting the pin match next year. Already planning on what to use on the pigs in 2020...might grab a new No 1 from Lee and mount a nice Meopta on it. Decisions, decisions...
Bob
Well, at least I missed the flu.
Posted By: RGK Re: 24 Hr Campfire Hog Hunt 2019 - 03/17/19

And we missed you! See you next year, Bro.
Bob
Originally Posted by RGK

And we missed you! See you next year, Bro.
Bob

Yes you did. So far so good with me. Yes T you were missed. I'm hoping all goes well with you.

Peace Brother.
A year is too long to visit TX again so 3rd week in May TX hill country will be paid a visit!

[Linked Image]
Bring a good clear scope Dan, spots move really early and late, Good Luck! smile
Originally Posted by gunner500
Bring a good clear scope Dan, spots move really early and late, Good Luck! smile

Just ordered a Leica Visus 2.5-10x42 i LW - Matte - L-4a from cameraland
Posted By: EdM Re: 24 Hr Campfire Hog Hunt 2019 - 03/20/19

What's it going on Dan?
Either my Bergera 6.5 Creed or my 7mm-08 LVSF
Posted By: ingwe Re: 24 Hr Campfire Hog Hunt 2019 - 03/21/19
Take the Creed...

Teaser pic for you from last May....

[Linked Image]
Why is the 7mm-08 gonna bounce off?
Dan you need to take that new 1892 45C with you and Bloody it while your there! grin
Dan you need to take that new 1892 45C with you and Bloody it while your there! grin

If I was assured of a less than 100 yd shot in daylight I would

If I was assured of a less than 100 yd shot in daylight I would

that gun is good to 200 with a little Kentucky windage, hell i missed a coyote by only 3ft with my 45-70 using kentucky windage, held over about 70ft and 20-25 ft left windage just guessing. over a 1000 yrds, with a 4x scope.
Roger it won't wear a scope just a Skinner peep
still practice your hold over at 200 or out to 300, that would be pretty far for a 45 colt but it don't hurt to know where it hits at that distance.
I'll keep it to where my peepers can see

NICE!
Dan another thing the guides said if we wanted to hunt with dogs, just to let them know a head of time. I'd enjoy that much more than sitting in a blind.
Dan another thing the guides said if we wanted to hunt with dogs, just to let them know a head of time. I'd enjoy that much more than sitting in a blind.

Ok but that cuts into bourbon hour

Ok but that cuts into bourbon hour

i'll drink it in the morning.
I'll have to ask Kevin I think the guides are talking out their asses
I'll have to ask Kevin I think the guides are talking out their asses

thats what they told me when i asked.
I believe you I just don't know if I believe them but I'll talk to Kevin
thats what they told me, just to let him know a head of time so they can get the dogs. think Adair was there during that conversation.
Posted By: RGK Re: 24 Hr Campfire Hog Hunt 2019 - 03/22/19
A gay .270 worked well on my Axis. There's some nice ones on the ranch.
Bob

[Linked Image]
Posted By: EdM Re: 24 Hr Campfire Hog Hunt 2019 - 03/22/19
My youngest son, attending A&M, sent this as tonight's dinner. Joe (roof) donated the hogs. Just a simple stir fry.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: roof Re: 24 Hr Campfire Hog Hunt 2019 - 03/22/19
[quote=EdM]My youngest son, attending A&M, sent this as tonight's dinner. Joe (roof) donated the hogs. Just a simple stir fry.

Cool!
Sure, it’s late, but a huge shout-out to dvdgeorge for organizing yet another fantastic event.

... even if he did bet against me in the bowling pin shoot... 😆

FC
Joe thank you and I'd bet against anyone shooting against Joel !
You did great at the pin shoot but Joel is a buzz saw

I'll say.

Looking back, him dropping that 1st round match smacks of a pool hall hustler luring-in his mark. laugh

FC
Posted By: ingwe Re: 24 Hr Campfire Hog Hunt 2019 - 03/25/19

I'll say.

Looking back, him dropping that 1st round match smacks of a pool hall hustler luring-in his mark. laugh

FC

I didnt think of it on time, but were we allowed to make side bets on the participants?

Course you couldn't get odds on Joel or Bobby...
i'll practice for next year and use the 38super race gun....

I'll say.

FC

I've been stupid lucky, that's all.

I'll say.

FC

And humble. But still Champion.

I'll say.

FC

AHEMM, I'm about to plant some tomatoes, could I bother you for a cup of that fertilizer Sir?

laugh
laugh
laugh

You've seen it too Big D, that aint luck. shocked grin
Posted By: ingwe Re: 24 Hr Campfire Hog Hunt 2019 - 03/26/19

Thats the biggest bunch of horse schitt I ever heard....

( see...I can say that when The Big Man is 2000 miles away... grin)
That's it, ya'll go ahead and pick on the chubby kid.
Posted By: ingwe Re: 24 Hr Campfire Hog Hunt 2019 - 03/26/19

What can I say?

Its gotta be lonely at the top....
So looking like 7mm-08 with the new Leica scope and 120gr BT's will accompany me on the Axis hunt
This rifle but with new scope

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
The 7mm/08 is like a good Ribeye. There are some better cuts of beef, But damn few, and they cost a whole lot more.
So looking like 7mm-08 with the new Leica scope and 120gr BT's will accompany me on the Axis hunt

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Hey weren't you going to sell me that? Get that thing bloody

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

120gr Ballistic Tips, 50 gr of Big Game (warm load, work up) - killed my axis with it. smile
120 gr BT 44gr Re15 load is already worked up just swapping scopes
Posted By: ingwe Re: 24 Hr Campfire Hog Hunt 2019 - 03/29/19
Should be as near perfect for Axis as you can get.

( besides a .275 Rigby that is.... whistle )
[Linked Image]

3 shot group

[Linked Image]
Posted By: ingwe Re: 24 Hr Campfire Hog Hunt 2019 - 04/02/19
I think that just might work....
3 shot group?? Nah----Look's like it key holed to me. smile
looks like a number 2 pencil, lmao
[Linked Image]

3 shot group

[Linked Image]

Nice stick DVD, Good Luck! smile
Thanks all!
just teasing.
just teasing.

[Linked Image]
I would definitely be interested in a future hunt.
Posted By: Ready Re: 24 Hr Campfire Hog Hunt 2019 - 05/10/19

Joel, was you shooting that H&K USP .45 of yours?

Thats cheating, you know? Dat thing hits things all by itself. Can't miss with it, I tried. ;-)

All the best to y'all. Gosh I hate having missed out again.

Carl
Great time and hunt with Campfire brothers

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Very much enjoy seeing those photos. You guys did good!

Best,

GWB
© 24hourcampfire