Home
So I'm on my merry way across town to grab a bite to eat after running some business errands.
Heading across a bridge[1/4 mile long] that starts as 3 lanes with the far left lane eventually ending as a left turn only.
I'm cruising along in the then center lane as I will be making a left not too far on up. No vehicles are close behind me in this lane but I notice a car coming on fast in the left lane, I've quite a fun and eventful morning and say WTF I'll race him[remember, no vehicles behind me in my lane], this jackwipe barely makes it in time to cut in front of me and then hits the brakes, hard. I tell him he's #1 via the Paddler salute and he proceeds to wave me into the next parking lot, I obliged. He gets out his vehicle yelling, screaming and flailing his arms all over at me as he approaches, I've still said nary a word and I think he was very surprised by that.
Once he calmed a tad I just looked at him and said " dude, after the morning that I've had I think assume ******** you" and acted like I was reaching down to get something.
I didn't realize that Mitsubishi's had the ass to burn rubber like his did!

My question: his vehicle had handicapped tags-does that make me a racist?

Damn if I didn't turn around and head on back to work...and I was going to have my annual McRib sammich, maybe I shoulda thanked him?
You need to edit the 4th from the last sentence.
So many wrongs in the OP.
Originally Posted by UPhiker
So many wrongs in the OP.

Having my annual McRib?
Not sure what one is saying in the OP, but why race anyone on a public road way? Hope one's insurance agent does not read the above.
1. "Racing" someone instead of just letting them go by.
2. Flipping them off.
3. Pulling into a parking lot after them.
4. Threatening to shoot them.
Did you ever think what could've happened if they were armed, too? You were as much the antagonist as they were.
[quote=1minute]He's saying that the other car was coming up fast in the left lane to get in front of him before the lane ended so he sped up to attempt to keep that from happening. Immaturity at its finest.
Sounds like Memorial Bridge in Radford. Lots of crackheads in Radford, be careful.
Originally Posted by 1minute
Not sure what one is saying in the OP, but why race anyone on a public road way? Hope one's insurance agent does not read the above.

I never really went very far above the speed limit as this happened in the last 50-100 yards of the lane ending, more closed the gap[safe distance] between vehicle ahead and myself.
Again, there was nothing behind me and a vehicle in front which he had no chance of passing, so why? There actually wasn't really much traffic at all in any of 3/2 lanes.
Do you NOT ever have one of days where you just say 'nope,not happening today"?
If the other car had handicapped plates, if something happened, they might be able to claim Disparity of Force if something serious happened.
2. Flipping them off.
Did you ever think what could've happened if they were armed, too? You were as much the antagonist as they were.

Maybe no McRib?

Listen closely I'm also typing slowly: I DID let him over, he DID immediately slam his brakes, which is when he got the salute, if anyone was speeding[wreckless speeds] it was the other driver, and he switched lanes on a by then solid line.
Originally Posted by Raeford
2. Flipping them off.

Maybe no McRib?

Listen closely I'm also typing slowly: I DID let him over, he DID immediately slam his brakes, which is when he got the salute, if anyone was speeding[wreckless speeds] it was the other driver, and he switched lanes on a by then solid line.

No, read your first post. You never said that you let him in, just that he beat you. He did do stupid stuff, that doesn't mean that you have to imitate him.
Hook, line, and sinker............
You were the instigator and if you had rear ended him you'd be paying to repair his car and yours.
"No, read your first post. You never said that you let him in, just that he beat you. He did do stupid stuff, that doesn't mean that you have to imitate him."

The post was long enough as is, wasn't wanting write a pamphlet....

Still didn't get the McRib, and still unsure whether or not to thank the azzhat for that?
And since my vehicle is black, maybe HE is racist?
Originally Posted by VaHunter
Sounds like Memorial Bridge in Radford. Lots of crackheads in Radford, be careful.

Yup
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by victoro
You were the instigator .
dafuq???
I'd have did it exactly like you did Raeford !!
A friend and his son got into a minor road rage/flipping-off session with some guy a couple of years ago. The son was driving and followed the guy into a parking lot. The guy stopped, the son got out, approached the guy who was getting out of his car, and got shot dead. Yeah, that schitt’s a lot of fun.
Originally Posted by slumlord
dafuq???

Did you miss this? "I've quite a fun and eventful morning and say WTF I'll race him?
I damn sure wasn't getting out, more just wanted to tell him to fuq off.

For the record: I didn't cut HIM off and I didn't cross over a solid line[which I'm pretty sure is a traffic infraction in my neck-o-the-woods]
I just wasn'tin the mood for his dumbfuqery today, just wish that I was as pure as several here.

And I didn't get that damned McRib, but it's all good since I have some thick sliced all beef bologna I'm going to fry up this evening!
Hell, most likely more meat by-products in the bologna than a McRib anyhow.
dafuq???

Did you miss this? "I've quite a fun and eventful morning and say WTF I'll race him?

Did you miss this part?

"jackwipe barely makes it in time to cut in front of me and then hits the brakes, hard."

Maybe that's forgiven

Christ, you just can't please anyone these days. laughing. I'd have done much the same. I gave up on being a door mat or Mister Nice Guy years ago.
Originally Posted by ol_mike

no doubt

mike r
Handicap plates should carry the information whether the handicap is physical or mental! Just saying...........
How many fish on the stringer now?
Originally Posted by lightman
Handicap plates should carry the information whether the handicap is physical or mental! Just saying...........

To me, most of them say OLD-FAT

but yes, there are the crazy ones...too
Originally Posted by lvmiker

no doubt

mike r

smile
."I'm cruising along in the then center lane as I will be making a left not too far on up. No vehicles are close behind me in this lane but I notice a car coming on fast in the left lane, I've quite a fun and eventful morning and say WTF I'll race him"

Maybe the guy just wanted to get in the middle lane so he wouldn't have to turn left at the end of the bridge. The situation was caused by Raeford speeding up to cut him off. He shouldn't have slammed on his brakes but Raeford reminds me of a lot of the liberal drivers (Austin transplants) around here. If they see you are trying to change lanes into "their lane" they will speed up trying to keep you out of "their lane". If I'm far enough ahead I'll ease over anyway and that really pisses them off. They'll run right up to your back bumper, slam on their brakes, shoot you the finger and stay right on your ass for a while. I had one of them pass me, pull in front of me and slam their brakes on but I would never stop and talk to one of those idiots.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
How many fish on the stringer now?

This is great !!!
Sounds like "race" was involved again. grin

So you're an idiot too.
Originally Posted by Partsman

Does that may someone that participates.... a raceist? laugh
."I'm cruising along in the then center lane as I will be making a left not too far on up. No vehicles are close behind me in this lane but I notice a car coming on fast in the left lane, I've quite a fun and eventful morning and say WTF I'll race him"

Maybe the guy just wanted to get in the middle lane so he wouldn't have to turn left at the end of the bridge. The situation was caused by Raeford speeding up to cut him off. He shouldn't have slammed on his brakes but Raeford reminds me of a lot of the liberal drivers (Austin transplants) around here. If they see you are trying to change lanes into "their lane" they will speed up trying to keep you out of "their lane". If I'm far enough ahead I'll ease over anyway and that really pisses them off. They'll run right up to your back bumper, slam on their brakes, shoot you the finger and stay right on your ass for a while. I had one of them pass me, pull in front of me and slam their brakes on but I would never stop and talk to one of those idiots.

Tell you what Victorio, I've never walked on water and don't claim to ever have, so how bout you post up a pic of you doing so. I'm sure it would be well received.
I did something similar to this once - but I was on a motorcycle and didn't take things further because I had been drinking quite a bit . LONG time ago - back 2012-2013 ?
I keep a 20ounce Estwing straight-claw in my door pocket for the sassy ones.
Get your mcrib tommorow.
McRib is better than Miralax, heck of a lot faster too

McRib will shorten a kayak trip eek

And I thought arbys beef n cheddar was satan's torture
I can visualize a scenario where he tells the court "this man was acting crazy and chased me into that parking lot, I was scared and shot him". And the judge then saying "there is just too much doubt in my mind as to what really happened, not guilty". All for nothing. What did you possibly stand to gain?
He was probably in a hurry to pick up his box of Omaha Steaks.........
Looks like the OP precipitated the whole thing, I wouldn't be too proud of that episode.
[Linked Image]

I gotta get me one of these. grin
You lucky bastards.
I tried to get a McRib last weekend,
at the counter, "I would like a McRib".

"Sorry, we don't have them anymore"

"Okay", and walked away.
You're lucky. You didn't get shot, OP. Moron.
Never ever stop.
You ass. That was me. I was rushing to the clinic to see a little girl who was trying to imitate mom and acvidently stuck the branding iron hair curler in her eye and fried her cornea.

I planned on whipping around your poking along ass until you saw me coming faster than you approved and stomped on the gas to ..... wink
Fools abound! You are damn lucky you didn't get what you deserved mister.
Originally Posted by 12344mag

And YOU turn another thread south again. grin
Originally Posted by Partsman

This place is too racist.
I did something similar to this once - but I was on a motorcycle and didn't take things further because I had been drinking quite a bit . LONG time ago - back 2012-2013 ?

That's a whole 'nother type of stupid. We're talking about simple "get yourself dead, stupid." or "assisted suicide stupid, dead", and you're talking about "don't care about killing other folks, dead. " both are ungodly stupid, but of the two, getting others killed for your stupidity is worse.
Were it not for the bad judgment described by the OP, there would be total absence of judgment in this incident.

I wouldn’t want to be in the OP’s shoes had the situation escalated to the point that he used lethal force. The OP describes a one way ticket to the big house for a long stay.

No need to walk on water, but ‘clean hands’ is an essentail element of an affirmative self defense claim.
One thing I would REALLY hate to be is a CHL holder convicted after such an avoidable scenario, imagine what the press would do with that.
Most of the time, I follow the philosophy of LEAD, FOLLOW,. OR GET THE EFF OUT OF THE WAY.

You saw the guy coming, and you rolled throttle on him? Sorry, but that's just asking for it, just stupid. If you're going to jack someone around, you need to be WAY sneakier.

Every once in a while, I will get a Weaving Willie on a multi-lane road. If they are signalling and leaving good gaps, I'm more than happy to let them do their thing, and in fact, will try to get in their wake as they break a path through the police radar.

But --

If Weaving Willie is just climbing @$$, there's a good way to have just a little fun. Line up with the guy in the next lane for a discreet 15 seconds or so, match their pace, then pull ahead and clear, signalling like a good person. One time I did that, knowing the car in the next lane was a plainclothes cop car. Hung there a few seconds, then started to clear, Weaving Willie did the shimmy, jerked both ways without signalling, and the gumballs came on. What fun.
I can see a Darwin Award in someone's future
Are these McRib sanerches really as good as everyone says?
Question for the legal experts. If you imply you have lethal force and reach for it as if you intended to use it, have you not already committed "Menacing"?
I carry and generally try to keep myself out of those situations. There’s just too many dumb asses and not enough of me to educate them so I quit trying. 😁. I was a bit less forgiving in my younger years but since I survived them I intend to see this life through to a happy ending, hopefully a long time from now.

I know how incredibly frustrating and maddening some drivers are but I don’t like getting angry so as I get older I get more docile, as I get more docile I find I’m happier, when I’m happier I tend to not let dipshitz ruin my happiness. That doesn’t mean that I’m anyone’s “doormat”, quite the opposite actually, I just don’t allow anyone to control my attitude with their stupidity. I can handle myself just fine and don’t need some disabled dumb ass to prove it.

I’m glad everything worked out and nobody got hurt but I wonder why if the guy was in such a hurry he had time to pull into a parking lot for an exercise in stupidity? 😁
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Apparently worth dying for 😄
Raeford was just out having a nice day and wanted to spend the evening nursing a broken jaw. grin
I just take a sack lunch to work.

I’m in McD’s regular of late since the kid likes their playgrounds, a few weeks ago besides the obligatory Happy Meal for the kid I bought a McRib instead of the usual $3 cheeseburger. It was nothing special, never have ordered a second, I dunno what all the fuss is about.
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

I’m in McD’s regular of late since the kid likes their playgrounds, a few weeks ago besides the obligatory Happy Meal for the kid I bought a McRib instead of the usual $3 cheeseburger. It was nothing special, never have ordered a second, I dunno what all the fuss is about.

Mechanically separated pork with pickles, onions, and bbq sauce.....I can hear my heart slowing down now LOL
I'd like to know why the need to have everyone weight in, you should know the score on that deal. I find that much more interesting.
Originally Posted by 12344mag

Heh, good one.
I'm not going to pass judgement on this caper one way or the other but I don;t think I would have posted it on line....especially on the 'fire.
I feel like I'm missing out on my share of road rage.
Originally Posted by ironbender

Plenty to go around. Just be patient.
ib, come on down.
As time goes by and the internet allows us to see into the lives of more people, it is plain to see that Forrest Gump's mom really knew what she was talking about: Stupid is as stupid does. GD
Originally Posted by RichardAustin
I'd like to know why the need to have everyone weight in, you should know the score on that deal. I find that much more interesting.

Your contribution is duly noted.

I would only ask, what was the upside to doing that?
?

I'm gonna have a road rage incident on the way home from work today. I feel left out too.
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
I was a bit less forgiving in my younger years but since I survived them I intend to see this life through to a happy ending, hopefully a long time from now.

Exactly. When you're young, you think you're going to live forever. As you get older, you realize that's not true, so you want to live as long as you can.
laugh holy fugg, drag racing to a mcribby! laugh
I was a bit less forgiving in my younger years but since I survived them I intend to see this life through to a happy ending, hopefully a long time from now.

Exactly. When you're young, you think you're going to live forever. As you get older, you realize that's not true, so you want to live as long as you can.

“Want to live as long as you can “, with a quality life worth living.
At 55 I think about that now, wish for 20 more good hunting seasons, I know if granted that, I still wont want to go at 75, probably be asking for another 20. smile
I carry and generally try to keep myself out of those situations. There’s just too many dumb asses and not enough of me to educate them so I quit trying. 😁. I was a bit less forgiving in my younger years but since I survived them I intend to see this life through to a happy ending, hopefully a long time from now.

I know how incredibly frustrating and maddening some drivers are but I don’t like getting angry so as I get older I get more docile, as I get more docile I find I’m happier, when I’m happier I tend to not let dipshitz ruin my happiness. That doesn’t mean that I’m anyone’s “doormat”, quite the opposite actually, I just don’t allow anyone to control my attitude with their stupidity. I can handle myself just fine and don’t need some disabled dumb ass to prove it. 😁

This pretty much describes me. In the past I probably would have developed as much road rage as the other guy. Maybe even tried to show him the error of his ways! Now I just try to let them go by and get on down the road. I know people that have died because of these situations. There is a lot of stupid in the world. I finally realized that I can't fix all of it.
Originally Posted by gunner500

Let me tell ya, they to die for! shocked

LMFAO
My wife told me years ago she chooses to be happy.
I’ve tried to give people the benefit of the doubt. I’ll admit I’m not as successful as she is. Hasbeen
I have a mess of boneless country pork ribs in the freezer.

I bet I could make a McRibbed sanerch.

Less dangerous I reckon.
Originally Posted by smokepole

I'm gonna have a road rage incident on the way home from work today. I feel left out too.

Fellas. I do that at least six times on the way to work. More so on the way home.

http://www.dot.ca.gov/d4/d4cameras/ct-cam-pop-W80_at_Gilman_St.html

Sounds like it should be a commercial!
I have a mess of boneless country pork ribs in the freezer.

I bet I could make a McRibbed sanerch.

Less dangerous I reckon.

Ya gotta live a little Jim. grin
At 55 I think about that now, wish for 20 more good hunting seasons, I know if granted that, I still wont want to go at 75, probably be asking for another 20. smile

I can guarantee that you will.
© 24hourcampfire