Home
From mundane to exciting.

Let us know.

Your pics(of whatever) should be posted starting tomorrow.

Nothing special planned here.
(but don't let that stop you)
Funeral.
Bummer.
I'm just planning on being bored, mostly.
With luck our Gang of Four will be hunting quail. With hope. MTG
Bored inside the house when it gets dark at 5PM is why God invented beer and whiskey.
(and or tequila)
Work paid 1/2, work free 1/2. By work paid 1/2, I mean half what it's worth....
Was going to a gun show on Saturday but might end up looking at banquet halls with my wife, stepson, and his fiancé. That is if he is able to go. If he does show up I'll have to go to the show on Sunday. Otherwise, my Sunday plans are to finally put the patio furniture away. And maybe sneak a quick pheasant hunt out back either/both days.
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Bored inside the house when it gets dark at 5PM is why God invented beer and whiskey.
(and or tequila)

And here I sit totally unprepared with nothing but vodka in the house.

I guess a trip to the liquor store is in order. Now I have something to do for excitement this weekend.
shocked
Going to town to pick up some prescriptions and do a little shopping tomorrow.
Might even stop at the Liquor store.

My backs giving me a lot of grief lately so Sunday I'll probably have to rest up from the trip.
Dur hunting.

Last weekend it was 78*.

Now it’s in the 40’s and rain moving in. So I’ll be in a box waiting for the durs to step out.
Not a whole lot tomorrow. Sunday I am taking the wife for a walk with her muzzle loader. Hopefully, we will be skinning a deer (or 2, 3) Sunday afternoon.
If the weather allows, and my buddy's 4x4 truck is available, installing a new steel door on my hunting property. Someone kicked the wood door in and stole a heater and a few other things. I hate a thief.
Spreading gravel in the drive and around the shop and painting inside the house. YAAAAYY!
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Funeral.

That sucks......you're the second guy I've know that's going to a funeral this weekend.
I'm either going deer slayin' or coyote slayin.' Ain't made my mind up yet.
Had a roof leak. It’s patched up now, but I ripped drywall and insulation out so I could see any damage and let it dry out. Gonna at least get the new drywall hung and insulation in.

Need to change oil in both trucks.

Built a shed I need to finish the roof on.

Get a Christmas tree.

At least a half dozen more projects ranging from burn piles to building a tree house.
Really need to go through the freezer and organize it. 250-300 pounds of cut and wrapped beef jammedin there all Willy nilly.
Probably not a hell of alot since I just had surgery 3 days ago and can barely walk. Sure fugged up my hunting this season that's for sure.
Cleaning up the shop and hopefully finishing my latest build.
If it warms up just a bit I'll build some boxes for 330 Conibears, and probably try a few spots for coyotes. Know there's some wolves on the property I'm hunting but not getting my hopes up.
after being on the road the past 4 weeks for work and play I plan to stay home and do nothing
Planning on killing a deer for the freezer
Christmas party and a little black jack gambling in Deadwood!
Sold these yesterday, got to load them for the guy tomorrow, then will meet up with the gang and hunt deer.

[Linked Image]
We saw a Marine Corps graduation this morning.

Back to the grind tonight.

Week left in this god forsaken schit hole.
Get some mechanicing done.

Maybe go look at my new property this weekend.....with beer.
Originally Posted by deflave
We saw a Marine Corps graduation this morning.

Back to the grind tonight.

Week left in this god forsaken schit hole.

Where you at?

I could look up where Marines graduate......
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Funeral.

Well, if it ain't yours.... smile

If it is, .... bummer.

Me, I'm just watching the rain come down. In December. In Alaska. Not even Southeastern.

Anyone wanna swap a snowmachine for a jet ski?

On the other hand the heating bill is gonna look good this month.

Petting the used dog, on the couch she is allowed on. She 's gotten into those belly rubs she didn't know about. She snores.
I plan to spend some time at the range with a couple of Redhawks. After that I’ll probably be casting some bullets.
where are Marine Corp graduations held ?
San Diego.

Female recruits go to Parris Island.
Jim,

Where’d you get new property?
Fiddling with the small block 427...

[Linked Image]
Jim,

Where’d you get new property?

We have been farming it for 45 years....but just bought it Wednesday.

North of my place along the river.
Gotcha.
Nothing fancy..its no second place in Idaho....cough cough....
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Nothing fancy..its no second place in Idaho....cough cough....

Pretty cool Jim.
I'm going to sit around and gloat about the fact that the big snow storm passed south of us and is landing in North Carolina instead.

I'm not ready for a foot of snow yet.
Planning on cleaning up the sector shaft and nut on my truck then coating the threads with red lock tite. After that i'll be cranking it down to 190 ft.lbs for the win.

After that, i probably gotta assemble Mrs. 325Abn's new treadmill...
On call Saturday

Canning deer Sunday
Sporting clays in the a.m., then, about 10:30-11:00, to the other range to shoot a couple lever rifles. Fun chit. Then some sort of Christmas party. Best have booze there.

What's the new property?
While Bristoe is laughing at the big snow storm he is going to miss, I'm going to be in it.....8-12" they say.......starting late tomorrow night. Still have time to check the gen and drag up some last minute wood for the fireplace as a last resort to staying warm. Now when does summer start?
Originally Posted by Tarkio

What's the new property?

Just some long time leased ground we bought this week.

Was not planned....but had to happen.
Last weekend I spent at a funeral.

This weekend in Bozeman with the boy at a camp. Started this evening. Goes tomorrow and Sunday. Will run home tomorrow night and do chores and check on everything. Probably come back early Sunday morning and then back home to try and get a little outside work done before it gets dark.
This weekend is the Jim Gier Memorial Schuetzen Match in Butte. 100 shots offhand (two 25 shot targets per day) at 200 yards. All cast bullets and black powder. This pic is from a couple years ago.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by fgold767
While Bristoe is laughing at the big snow storm he is going to miss, I'm going to be in it.....8-12" they say.......starting late tomorrow night. Still have time to check the gen and drag up some last minute wood for the fireplace as a last resort to staying warm. Now when does summer start?

I wouldn't be so smug about it if I hadn't gotten that ticket in North Carolina for not wearing a seat belt,......cost me $185.
I have a funeral tomorrow. Later in the day, doing some stuff at church.
Laying in a frozen chisel plowed cornfield from dawn to dusk waiting on the 1500 or so mallards and 1000 geese to show up that were there today. We have a surprise party waiting for them. smile

Sunday will be hot bath with 4 fingers of Woodford and a couple of Alieve wishing I hadn't sat in a frozen chisel plowed cornfield all day.
Elkchsr,

Doesn’t Venturino shoot in that match?
Christmas lights and that kinda stuff. Bahumbug.

Wife is starting to gearup for two of our three girls coming home for Christmas. Kinda rough for the wife having them 1500mi away.

Time was I'd have it all up by Thanksgiving weekend.
Coyote hunting
I will be splitting firewood in the morning to stack the wood stack in the Kunnichuk. Its been pretty warm almost 30F in December in Fairbanks. I will hopefully find some time to shoot 60 arrows at target. Then help wife to set up at Naughty or Ice Christmas Bazaar at the High School that I teach at. Then go to work at SW for a shift till 8pm. Might try to do some cardio and squats at the Club afterwards. Teachers really only get 1 day off per week which I work my other job. So I will be doing Schoolwork, Lesson Plans and writing semester finals on Sunday. I will work on cleaning guns after I am done with that and then do some errands that set up the week. I probably will do an hour of elliptical with mixes of H.I.I.T. on C2 on Sunday.
Taking fam out for lunch tomorrow (oldest in town, was her BD this week).
Zero coyote rifle.
Maybe try to arrow a deer.

Trooper Ale in the evening.
Freezing rain on roads. There is ice under this water somewhere,(neighborhood lake, on our walk), earthquake cracks not withstanding.

I'm with her for the weekend.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Not sure she will give me the toy, tho....
Not sure about the pictures. I've got a couple 5-6 rasty strippers coming over for the weekend... Got a kiddy pool filled with baby oil, a friend hooked me up with some of those sex pills, set up some mirrors by the waterbed, figured we'd just see what happens. Either that or I have a James Joyce book and I'll take a hike in the mountains. Fresh snow today, probably take the 375, shoot some iron plates. I haven't decided yet.
Headed to poke around an area that I used to hunt near the Wyoming border. Want to see if any big deer still live around there, maybe take an opportunistic poke at a coyote. We'll spend the day crawling old roads to nowhere.
Walking around Vienna then flying home tomorrow.
Last weekend of black powder hunting here.
Originally Posted by RichardAustin
Not sure about the pictures. I've got a couple 5-6 rasty strippers coming over for the weekend... Got a kiddy pool filled with baby oil, a friend hooked me up with some of those sex pills, set up some mirrors by the waterbed, figured we'd just see what happens. Either that or I have a James Joyce book and I'll take a hike in the mountains. Fresh snow today, probably take the 375, shoot some iron plates. I haven't decided yet.

You must not be as old as most of us if it is a decision.... smile
I'll be collecting goldenrod galls, which contain the larval form of the gall fly. I'll use them for ice fishing the middle of next week when it warms up a bit.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Looks like some good bait.
Iowa gun season opens here today. Legal shooting @ 6:46am. Loading truck now to head out to meet up with group for breakfast then it will be deer drives all day until we feast like kings at dark. Excited st my 4 year old will go with this afternoon for the first time. He was dressed in hunting clothes when I got home yesterday and slept in em. Seeing him excited makes it more fun
From Earlier this week:

St. Stefans Cathedral
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Schönbrunn Palace
[Linked Image]

Some grand lit-up building:
[Linked Image]
St. Stefans Cathedral Completed 1160. impressive.

On a lighter note, global warming allowed that.
Originally Posted by las
Originally Posted by RichardAustin

You must not be as old as most of us if it is a decision.... smile

Well, truth of it is I actually have the book, but you sure called it right.
Originally Posted by kellory
If the weather allows, and my buddy's 4x4 truck is available, installing a new steel door on my hunting property. Someone kicked the wood door in and stole a heater and a few other things. I hate a thief.

Bastid.
Originally Posted by Steve
From Earlier this week:

St. Stefans Cathedral
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Schönbrunn Palace
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Thanks for the flashback. You hit the Naschmarkt yet? Our 5th floor apt overlooked it. We.could pick out where we were.going to eat and drink each night. smile

One of the cool, inexpensive things to do in Vienna and some of the best food and.drink.
As soon as I finish my coffee, I'm going into work to pull down all the servers. At 0600 they will cut power to the buildings and begin replacing all the feeds coming into the place. We'll be down until sometime late afternoon on Monday. It's a big job.
Put the plow on the 4 X 4 ,odds and ends around the house, take my big lab for a much needed walk up on the back ridge, then go have a few beers. It's been a couple weeks and I'm parched.
Working today, taking the wife dancing tonight. I won’t be worth a cshit tomorrow, hangovers suck!
Heading for the woods with a couple of whitetail tags in my pocket.
Gonna look around for a Australian Shepherd bittch pup... Christmas present for the family. Have a male... Rex. Figure pups in a few years will keep us younger.
Thought about going black powder hunting, as the season is open again. Place where I hunt is usually better in the afternoons than in the morning, so may wait till then. Wanted to go coyote hunting, but don't want to mess any deer hunters up, so will give that a pass. Resized about 300 223 cases yesterday, and put part of them in the tumbler, so have to clean the media out of them, and do the other half. Will probably work on them today. I have a Frankford Arsenal case prep center, and that cuts down on the trimming and case prep time. Supposed to go to a Christmas parade tonite and see one of the granddaughters that's in it. One good thing about being my own boss is that don't have punch a dang clock.
Originally Posted by roundoak
Sold these yesterday, got to load them for the guy tomorrow, then will meet up with the gang and hunt deer.

[Linked Image]

What's hay selling for there? We have a local hay auction every Friday here at the Mennonite auction site. I've been going just to see keep up with the prices. I've see large round bales, that were stored inside, high quality grass hay, sell for close to a $100 a roll. Now, that's what is called horse quality, as is bought by Mennonites and Amish for their work and buggy horses. Alfalfa is usually sold in the small or big squares. The big ones will usually go a $100, sometimes more. Just about anything that's halfway decent cattle hay is bringing $50 a roll or even more. I will probably have to buy around 15-20 rolls to insure that I have enough for the winter, but know a neighbor that's got some if I need it. The hay business is a good one to be in this winter.
Not much, going to rain all weekend, will chunk a box out the back door of the shop and check function and poi on some new 200gr xtp loads I worked up for a bobtail commander yesterday, if they run good and shoot to the sights, i'll load the remaining 100 sticks of new ww brass, have near a half rick of firewood piled on the bricks in the den, gotta keep wifey warm all weekend.

Speaking of wifey, she called from work yesterday morning, I thawed about 12 lbs ground axis in the sink yesterday at her request, last night she threw it into a giant stainless bowl, ground in 5 lbs of bacon, dumped in what appeared to be a bottle of red wine and all the dry spices and plenty of black pepper, she gave it a good kneading and put it in the refrigerator all night, she'll knead it again in a minute, I'm most certain later today i'll fire up the grill, there's some washed Yukon gold potatoes and a big sweet purple onion in a stainless wire strainer sitting in the sink right now. smile

With four new cases of Samuel Smiths Imperial Stout on hand, it may be fixing to get good real around here ; ]
grout some tile today and just take it easy tomorrow.
Eating steak....Luger's in brooklyn.

-Ken
Originally Posted by JamesJr

[Linked Image]

What's hay selling for there? We have a local hay auction every Friday here at the Mennonite auction site. I've been going just to see keep up with the prices. I've see large round bales, that were stored inside, high quality grass hay, sell for close to a $100 a roll. Now, that's what is called horse quality, as is bought by Mennonites and Amish for their work and buggy horses. Alfalfa is usually sold in the small or big squares. The big ones will usually go a $100, sometimes more. Just about anything that's halfway decent cattle hay is bringing $50 a roll or even more. I will probably have to buy around 15-20 rolls to insure that I have enough for the winter, but know a neighbor that's got some if I need it. The hay business is a good one to be in this winter.

Got a winter's stock of decent cow hay last week.

Hay is hard to come by here because it's been raining so much since Sept. 15th, nobody can get in to bale.

Paid $28 bucks a bale delivered to the county road at the ranch gate. (The hay guy owed me some consideration, is why the price was low. He's getting $55 bucks a bale plus delivery this year.)

Bales are about 1350 pounds.
Trying to get over the Crud!, just plan on takeing it easy!
Off to a roaring start.
[Linked Image]
Huntings done so back to normal. Tight schedules and end of year so working.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

[Linked Image]

Got a winter's stock of decent cow hay last week.

Hay is hard to come by here because it's been raining so much since Sept. 15th, nobody can get in to bale.

Paid $28 bucks a bale delivered to the county road at the ranch gate. (The hay guy owed me some consideration, is why the price was low. He's getting $55 bucks a bale plus delivery this year.)

Bales are about 1350 pounds.

Barry, that's a good price, wish someone owed me something............it's usually the other way around. I did go get 8 bales the other day from an Amish hay farmer, half had been stored outside and half inside. It was a potpourri of sizes and quality, at $35 a roll average. I'll feed a couple of those rolls to the horses, the rest for cattle. I'm feeding wheat hay that I grew here, and the cows love it and do well on it. The problem is that the guy who rolled it didn't wrap it tight enough, and it's falling apart when I put it in the ring.
Pheasant hunted yesterday with the new pup on a beautiful day for December. Way too nice as all the birds were out and about on the roads and in the fields, not in the cover where we were poking around. Could have shot my limit of ditch birds, but I'd rather shoot pointed birds. Today I will work out and watch North Dakota State win another round in the FCS. Tomorrow and Monday, more pheasants.
Barry, that's a good price, wish someone owed me something............it's usually the other way around. I did go get 8 bales the other day from an Amish hay farmer, half had been stored outside and half inside. It was a potpourri of sizes and quality, at $35 a roll average. I'll feed a couple of those rolls to the horses, the rest for cattle. I'm feeding wheat hay that I grew here, and the cows love it and do well on it. The problem is that the guy who rolled it didn't wrap it tight enough, and it's falling apart when I put it in the ring.

LOL... my hay guy and I trade off on stuff.

One property I shred, after driving the tractor there, I saw it was excellent hay. I asked the people that owned the property if they wanted to save the money they were gonna pay me to shred it, and let my buddy bale it.

Of course they wanted to save some money, so I called my hay guy. He got over 50 bales of good hay off that place. So, he owed me.. laugh
Elkchsr

Doesn’t Venturino shoot in that match?

He does shoot with us on occasion. Always a good time.
Good luck!
Workin like a slave...

[Linked Image]
Starting prep for my cataract removal Monday. Three kinds of drops, 10 minutes apart, four times a day. Gonna watch the Army-Navy game between drop cycles. Will try to find the Packers game on TV tomorrow, but losing teams don't get broadcast time. Ain't paying DirecTV $50 to see them lose again. Learned that I can record it, but not see it live.

And tonight, there's a space launch on webcast.
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Starting prep for my cataract removal Monday. Three kinds of drops, 10 minutes apart, four times a day. Gonna watch the Army-Navy game between drop cycles. Will try to find the Packers game on TV tomorrow, but losing teams don't get broadcast time. Ain't paying DirecTV $50 to see them lose again. Learned that I can record it, but not see it live.

And tonight, there's a space launch on webcast.

Good luck on the cataract surgery. I've quit watching the NFL, partly because of the players kneeling, but also because the Packers suck. They're the only team I would even want to watch, and if they were good, I'd be watching them play.
just came in the house from hunting. passed on a doe about 7:30. should have shot it cause its cold as hell out there. get me a coffee or three, take a dump and head back out and be less picky this time. glad i ain't in the mountains today. its 20 here. probably 10 up where i usually go.
colonoscopy
Pondering how my 401(k) could possibly have declined so much over the last three months. Oh well, it will come back. It always does.

Moving on, today I will be sighting in rifle scopes at Founders Ranch, home of the "End of Trail" national cowboy action shooting match, near our home, in preparation for an elk hunt on 188,000 acres of Ted Turner's Vermejo Ranch near Raton next week.

Sounds fancy? It's just a cow elk hunt for the freezer with a good friend and our teenage sons as observers, since we want to introduce them to hunting. You have to get your feet wet somehow, and folks here and my electrician all recommend that place and the outfitter that does the hunts. It will be exciting for me!

Norm
Hunting Quail if it ever stops raining. Good Luck Norm. Rio7
[Linked Image]
I guess I’ll be butchering this weekend :-)
Post-rut deer hunting. Pretty slow. I need to be swapping out batteries in my boat, but between the rain and cold I just can't bring myself to do it.
My children and grandchildren are coming over today. We have a lot of birthdays pinched in between Thanksgiving and Christmas, so we do one big celebration. I got the granddaughters new bicycles and the grandson a custom rod with his name on it and a Daiwa Tatula reel. I am going to let him load some 64gr Nosler Bonded up in 22-250. Then if the weather is good we will go to a local Christmas theme park and if it's bad to a movie.
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Thanks for the flashback. You hit the Naschmarkt yet? Our 5th floor apt overlooked it. We.could pick out where we were.going to eat and drink each night. smile

One of the cool, inexpensive things to do in Vienna and some of the best food and.drink.

Didn't get a chance. Did hit several Christmas markets. Got some schnapps spiked punch (HerrenPunch) or Gluehwein in a kitschy mug and wandered around. Also ate a wildschwein sandwich. Every touristy place is surrounded by Christmas stands.

Still trying to upload photos.

Flying back tomorrow at o'dark-thrity.
[Linked Image]
Lmao
Waiting for the dink of the day, kind of slow movement last few days. Predictable

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Hay Sale Results for this Week!

Cashton
12/4/2018
Per Bale
Large Squares: $55.00-$117.50
Rounds: $25.00-$75.00
Small Squares: $2.75-$4.25
Fodder: $25.00-$39.00
Large Square Wraps-$70.00

Prairie du Chien
12/6/2018
Per Bale
Rounds: $25.00-$95.00
Small Squares: $4.25-$4.75
Fodder: $30.00-47.50
Bean Fodder: $40.00

I charged $45 per bale for the corn fodder bales that I load out of the field. If I need to deliver they are $55 per bale within 25 miles.

Money maker for me is small square bales at about 45# each that the horse people around here like. $5.00 per bale picked up at the farm or $6.00 per bale delivered within 25 miles. The bales are brome, timothy, red clover and alfalfa mix.
Originally Posted by roof
[Linked Image]
I guess I’ll be butchering this weekend :-)

You had to rub it in, didn't you.

Well, what I didn't do was shoot any deer..............yet.

I did watch the sun rise this morning though. Perfect weather, a frosty 19* and zero wind.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

That’s awesome!
Went to dinner last night with brother, sister-in-law and a lady friend. Love small town. 3 Busch lights and a Capt n Coke for 10 bucks.

Today - Christmas shopping for my son. He'll be home on leave the 19. Very excited about that. Haven't spent any time the two of us since July 29.
Detailed my motorcycle just cuz.

Tomorrow - Packer game at the bar with a lady friend. Free wings/pizza at 1/2 time.
Watching it snow. A rarity here at the Ranch in N. TX.
Bought something on the Cameraland sale. Now I need a rifle for my new scope. Going to Whittaker’s next Thursday so I gotta lay off the drinking and buying the rest of the weekend....
[Linked Image]

How many ounces and what is with the fancy foil wrap?
[Linked Image]
Roundoak, they are a 750 ML or 25.4 ounce bottle.

Its much classier than a 24 ounce tallboy!

Special Holiday champagne bottle.
My wife informed me that she wants (needs) a new toilet seat.

Should be a two day job.

I can post pictures for Sam when I'm done.
My growler had a total knee replacement Monday so I am playing nurse. It is not all bad, I get to give her 2 injections/day and tell her she is not trying hard enough when she does her 3/day home PT. She loves my sense of humor.

At least the home gym/office/gunroom will get a good cleaning, boring.

mike r
Originally Posted by Steve
From Earlier this week:

St. Stefans Cathedral
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Schönbrunn Palace
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Nice! Never been to Austria. Definitely on the list.
Went to the hospital this morning at 7am to have lab work done that I've been putting off for the last month. Stopped at a little diner in town on my way home for breakfast and coffee.

The fog is starting to burn off and the sun is peeking out, so I'm going to hook onto my boat and head to the lake this afternoon after it warms up a bit.
Originally Posted by gunner500
Not much, going to rain all weekend, will chunk a box out the back door of the shop and check function and poi on some new 200gr xtp loads I worked up for a bobtail commander yesterday, if they run good and shoot to the sights, i'll load the remaining 100 sticks of new ww brass, have near a half rick of firewood piled on the bricks in the den, gotta keep wifey warm all weekend.

Speaking of wifey, she called from work yesterday morning, I thawed about 12 lbs ground axis in the sink yesterday at her request, last night she threw it into a giant stainless bowl, ground in 5 lbs of bacon, dumped in what appeared to be a bottle of red wine and all the dry spices and plenty of black pepper, she gave it a good kneading and put it in the refrigerator all night, she'll knead it again in a minute, I'm most certain later today i'll fire up the grill, there's some washed Yukon gold potatoes and a big sweet purple onion in a stainless wire strainer sitting in the sink right now. smile

With four new cases of Samuel Smiths Imperial Stout on hand, it may be fixing to get good real around here ; ]

17 pounds of meat? You expecting company? If I was closer, you should be. Lol.

Burgers or loaf?
After considering the fact it hasn’t yet rained since the roof patch, and my intense dislike of drywall work, I’m putting off the repair until after a good rain. Make sure the roof don’t leak no mo.

Momma ain’t gonna be happy. Lol.
No, thats the noon meal for the Gunner!
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Watching it snow. A rarity here at the Ranch in N. TX.

Nice! smile

It was a year ago today it snowed down here in S. Texas.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by CaptEdIII
Eating steak....Luger's in brooklyn.

-Ken

How long have you had the reservation?

I will give the large bottle style points, but the beer is too warm by the time I finish a large bottle, so I guess I will continue to slum it with a 12 once bottle. Burp!
Originally Posted by stxhunter
grout some tile today and just take it easy tomorrow.

Sprucing up an old farm house I own before the new renters move in.

16'x14' kitchen less cabinet/counters. Remove old flooring and sub floor and install new 12"x24" brickset tile grouted. Cut the bottom off three doors. $2350.00.

I will give the large bottle style points, but the beer is too warm by the time I finish a large bottle, so I guess I will continue to slum it with a 12 once bottle. Burp!

I see it as a challenge!
Loading some 5.56/223 and watching the snow we got this am melt.
Originally Posted by Clarkm
colonoscopy

Ditto on Tuesday...
Getting ready for a huge snowstorm that's starting Saturday, lasting through Monday.
Originally Posted by EdM
colonoscopy

Ditto on Tuesday...

Had one a couple of months ago, hope yours turn out OK as mine did. The results were I am a perfect arse hole. laugh
Originally Posted by walt501
I'll be collecting goldenrod galls, which contain the larval form of the gall fly. I'll use them for ice fishing the middle of next week when it warms up a bit.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I've seen those before but never knew what they were. Learned something. Thanks!
Home sweet home. Now to see if I can keep off the couch!
Interesting indeed!

Thanks for the variety of posts.....

The common theme today was feed...

Road kill for da coyotes...

[Linked Image]

Thanksgiving turkey leg remnant for da shop cat...

[Linked Image]

Bale for da horses.

[Linked Image]

A mixture of corn silage, ground alfalfa and wheat/pea pellets(screenings) for the feedlot gang.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Even climbed up da overhead bin to check the cake supply.

[Linked Image]
Goose hunting in the morning.
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

Same here, Army navy game on TV and an uber fancy box of foiled beer on the back step.

Not as fancy as the Omaha Eskimo's champagne of beers but for around these parts......

And a matching dog to go with it!

[Linked Image]

Fentanyl IVP 100mcgr and Propofol 360 mgs
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

Same here, Army navy game on TV and an uber fancy box of foiled beer on the back step.

Not as fancy as the Omaha Eskimo's champagne of beers but for around these parts......

And a matching dog to go with it!

[Linked Image]

I'm not active enough anymore to burn off the Negra calories, it put about five pounds on me in a month so I had to quit it. But it's pretty good stuff IMO. And... it only takes about 8 of 'em to put a nice grin on.
Took the 20 gauge for a walk and got the dogs some cock to fetch this morning.

Pretty uneventful weekend otherwise.
[Linked Image]

Reverence, my son.
Originally Posted by gunzo

I'm not active enough anymore to burn off the Negra calories, it put about five pounds on me in a month so I had to quit it. But it's pretty good stuff IMO. And... it only takes about 8 of 'em to put a nice grin on.

I would be in really good shape if beer wasn't around.....

Ice cold 18F, Mathman is suffering a conniption!

[Linked Image]

widrahthaar , now that sounds pic worthy!

Local, that bottle makes cuzzin's hand look normal sized....
5 weeks into Knee Replacement. Still not doing much :-(
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
Originally Posted by walt501

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I've seen those before but never knew what they were. Learned something. Thanks!

Me too. No kiddin! I had no idea what those balls were. I used to pop’em as a kid.

I think that cocktail is called the Micheal Jackson?
Originally Posted by gunzo

I'm not active enough anymore to burn off the Negra calories,

But it's pretty good stuff

This post right here opens up the possibility of all *kinds* of responses.

But I'll leave it alone.
Just cracked another negra and it's slushy.

Windchill is down to 5F, gonna need some prayers sent.
went to car wash but ...

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/39fr3p/tosh-0-video-breakdown---car-wash-lady---uncensored

Windchill is down to 5F, gonna need some prayers sent.

You stay strong.
Thank you so much.

I just got here.

Is this thread about beer drinkin' or mud daubbin?
Couch winnith... Got a few thing moved around. Blast cabinet final ready to roll. But going to lay right here until I don't. Nice to be home, just the kid and I.

Rivers are all slushy today.
A: don't let it get so cold.

B: Make her douche first next time.
I brought it back inside the shelter.
Daniel boy and I got a ham in the oven....McClintock on the tv and a beer in hand.

Ha! Life is good.
56F here inside so it should thaw out pretty quick.
Originally Posted by MadMooner

I think that cocktail is called the Micheal Jackson?

The doctor warned me that for the rest of the day I should not make financial decisions, drive, or molest children.
56F here inside so it should thaw out pretty quick.

56 is alright for a beer,....but it's cold fo' a sistah.
Daniel boy and I got a ham in the oven....McClintock on the tv and a beer in hand.

Ha! Life is good.

Sounds good negro!

Headphones on, slushy negra in hand....
I picked up my Uncle, a new Texas transplant from Tulsa/Okla. (Official Schitthole City) and took him for a Christmas tour of former House Speaker Sam Rayburn's house in Bonham, Tex.

The theme for this Christmas was World War 1: the house was decorated as it was during 1918, and refreshments were World War 1 recipes that didn't use sugar/etc. for the war effort.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Good photo gallery of the house at the bottom of this link:

http://www.thc.texas.gov/historic-sites/sam-rayburn-house-state-historic-site
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Bristoe

I just got here.

I ain’t an expert, but not sure them exploits is mutually exclusive.......
Getting ready for the big snow storm to come through.
just watched Kentucky lose to Seton Hall , now I'm collecting pitch forks and torches to go after Calipari
slushy negra

Sam,

a friend sent this a couple ago......

I saved her for my weekend.

I'm almost there....

I just got here.

Yes.
I finished cutting up my son's elk this morning and am now sitting by the campfire in the yard sipping Seagram's 7.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by wageslave

I just got here.

Yes.

I love those little guys.

Always building a nest on the side of the house.
Originally Posted by KFWA
just watched Kentucky lose to Seton Hall , now I'm collecting pitch forks and torches to go after Calipari

He knew that would happen when he came to town. First thing he did was have a big stone wall topped with wroght iron spikes erected around his mansion out on Richmond road.

You would also frequently see his wife standing out front with a big German Shepherd that was foaming at the mouth.

He decided on day one that he wasn't going to sneak off in the middle of the night like Tubby did.

Tubby tried the same thing,....but every German Shepherd he bought would bite him in the ass.

Tubby finally said, "Fug dis!,...I'm'own hafta get by wid a scurity camma!"
Turned wrenches all day. Replaced glow plugs and injectors on a 99 Ford Powerstroke. Yanked turbo off to take to Fort Worth to be rebuilt. Tomorrow gonna start rebuilding the front end and replace carrier bearing after church. It’s been raining here for 2 days so I’ve had to find inside work.

I'm almost there....

Same here, got bored and ate a mushroom........

Sal, nice blaze!

Last Wednesday we lit up an old blown down short walled barn.

Shoulda had pics but my camera was in the other pickup.

He knew that would happen when he came to town. First thing he did was have a big stone wall topped with wroght iron spikes erected around his mansion out on Richmond road.

You would also frequently see his wife standing out front with a big German Shepherd that was foaming at the mouth.

He decided on day one that he wasn't going to sneak off in the middle of the night like Tubby did.

Tubby tried the same thing,....but every German Shepherd he bought would bite him in the ass.

I think its time for Cal to consider his options.

I think its time for Cal to consider his options.

His first option is to get Brad enrolled at Transy so he can go on and retire.
slushy negra

Sam,

a friend sent this a couple ago......

I saved her for my weekend.

I'm almost there....

That video causes IQ point loss and I don't have many to spare.
This is a little better.

The last remaining cornfield is being harvested so it looks like I'll be cutting the gunshow short tomorrow to get in a little pheasant hunting. With corn still up there is an hour before sunset to find birds. With the corn down, it's like opening day.
This is a little better.

Plunka plunka plunka plunka plunka

Stick an accordian in with that and it's make a helluva polka.
Went hunting.

No deer seen. 1 javelina. 1 covey of quail. 28 hawks.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Butt ugly, youth model, savage M11 .243 & 95gr SST made some more meat yesterday.

[Linked Image]

Damn, that ugly, cheap combo keeps racking them up !
Hes out there somewhere.
[Linked Image]
Past that new pipeline.

[Linked Image]

This is after him.
[Linked Image][url=https://fallo
Sam Olson: A couple of us guys did the Bozeman Gunshow on Friday along with all the pawn and sport shops there in Bozeman returning home LATE Friday night - we brought home three long guns and numerous other smaller items.
Then bright and early Saturday morning the VarmintWife and I headed out for Bozeman again, and while she did a little shopping I hit the Bozeman Gunshow again.
Thank goodness I did as I picked up another gun (Mint new in box Colt Woodsman Target!) Saturday to go with the Varmint Rifle I got there on Friday.
After leaving the Bozeman Gunshow we toured on (GLORIOUS weather) to the world famous Chico Hotsprings for two days of relaxation, swimming and eating.
At one time the restaurant at the Chico Hotsprings resort was the ONLY 5 star rated restaurant in Montana - we ate like Kings and Queens for two days and swam in the pools five different times!
I also spent time watching Deer and Antelope in that area with the aid of a 32 power Bushnell spotting scope (no tri-pod!) I got there at the Bozeman show for $25.00.
Then late in the day Sunday we drove back to our home in Dillon, Montana - refreshed!
Life is GOOD!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Spent the weekend "Trying" to add a solar panel to one of the wells.
Damn welder wouldn't run, brought it into town, got it running, took it back out (43 miles), damn thing wouldn't run!
Finally borrowed the neighbors, accomplished mission, put mine in the shop.
I'm REALLY having to work at NOT being pizzed!
Going to drive up to see Dad tomorrow, bust him out of the home, and maybe take him to lunch.
Whatever "springs him" for a while - damn place is just like prison, but with sorrier food!
I bet he will be happy about that Mark!

Are those solar panel well pretty good?
Jim, I believe Dad will be thrilled.
Solar takes a WHOLE bunch less maintenance than windmills. I don't have a mill on the place, anymore.
Eight wells on solar, feeding 10 tanks. Two wells on co op electricity, feeding four tanks.
Plan is to add a solar well, next year.
Start out the ice fishing season.
Wifeys Christmas party, yuck
Late to the party here gents. Had planned on getting out for the end of Minnesota's Muzzleloader season, but woke up with the trots. Ended up laying low waiting for the Immodium to kick in. Payday this Thursday, so I'll be finishing off the Christmas shopping. Buying certificates for Minnesota's Concealed Carry class for my wife and I. I always buy everyone in the immediate family a 1 oz. silver round for every holiday, so I've got to get to my jeweler too. My hope is the kids won't squander these coins and can use them in the future for a rainy day fund, or just hang on to them. 'Wish I could do gold, but it's just out of my price range. Also planning on looking at some handguns for my wife for concealed carry. Debating between .380 and 9 mm for her.
I started vacation yesterday. Didn't do a damn thing Saturday. Spent today getting stuff together for a hunt starting Tuesday. BIL and I are headed to south Texas to hunt WT and Axis deer. I don't have to be back at work until the 26th. BIL is retired so every day is like a Saturday for him.
Originally Posted by hanco
Wifeys Christmas party, yuck

Cheer up, I got mother-in-law chrimmuss party to go to.

gawd I hate velvet cake eek
This: then roll out in the morning till after the first.... https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/13366439/unfing-a-rar#Post13366439
Wifeys family Christmas party
A new weekend?
Took the new El Cheapo fishing boat out for a shake-down run. It floats, runs good, and seems to do exactly what I wanted. Now I've just gotta get it legal and go 'try' to catch some fish.
Seasons have changed !

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

7 Walleye Saturday afternoon & 5 walleye & 2 pike Sunday afternoon.

15 inches of ice !
I avoid weekends like the plague.
My life is Monday through Friday..
Going to see Kyle Park-dancing, family party Saturday, going hunting, Sunday and Monday
© 24hourcampfire