Home
Just took a look at the SHOT Show website and the list of exhibitors. Looks like Yeti is all the way out. They had a huge presence for a number of years.

Personally, after their anti-NRA stuff I am happy to see them go. Just curious how much their moves have cost them.
Yeah ph uck yeti.. better or just as equal products out there for 1/2 there price
HAPPY TRAILS YETI. JOIN ALL YOUR FELLOW ANTI-TRUMP LOSERS IN THE SCH*TTER.
I do not see Cordova Coolers (NRA's new fling) on the list of exhibitors, either... Expensive place to do business and their pockets cannot be close to the depth of Yeti's.
No Rtic?
Screw overpriced yenta Yeti. All dialed in here with $122.49 45 qt.and $139.99 65 qt Rtics.

Drug fresh seafood from Ft Lauderdale area to east WY and antelope and elk all the way back with the Rtics.

Never had any problems and kept everything cold.
I purchased an Ozark Trails, 40 oz cup from Wal Mart for $10. First time I took it to work, left it in the truck on a 100°, 10 hour day with the windows up. Heading home the cup was so hot outside it burned my fingers. But, it still had ice and the Tea was cold as it could be. Never expected that from a $10 cup.
Really like my RTICs 3 years and no issues yet. Not exactly hard use but not sitting in the garage either. Bought a 110 this year and hauled it and a 65 full of frozen venison and pork products back home on a 2 an a half day trip from Ohio to Southwest Florida. Everything still frozen with exception to the very top layer of smoked sausage in the 110. It had about a inch or so of air between the sausage and the lid. It was just soft enough to push a fingernail in.
Next time I will put less in it and put a couple artic ice packs on top. The top layer will stay completely solid then. The 65 was full to the lid and it all stayed solid.
I always wait for a good sale to buy them.
Originally Posted by Reloder28
I purchased an Ozark Trails, 40 oz cup from Wal Mart for $10. First time I took it to work, left it in the truck on a 100°, 10 hour day with the windows up. Heading home the cup was so hot outside it burned my fingers. But, it still had ice and the Tea was cold as it could be. Never expected that from a $10 cup.

Amazing technology from the chicoms, eh? grin

I have a Mossy Oak stainless 30 oz from Walmart. It holds heat/cold very well but I've never tested it like that. It'll still be plenty hot when I finish drinking it anyway. 2 problems: no replacement lids, no handles available. It's a bit too big to get a grip without a handle. I Fit a Yeti handle on it by adding a number of wraps of electrical tape to the cup to make it tight. It works ok.
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie

where do you think YETI makes their stuff?
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie

where do you think YETI makes their stuff?

Or Rtic?
Haven't seen nearly as many yeti window stickers on hunters trucks coming through town this year. A couple years ago it seemed like most passing through, had it plastered on the rear window in big letters. I thought this was particularly brilliant of them as it let the thieves know there was an expensive cooler in the truck which was fair game. Seems a lot of folks have gotten smart and scraped yeti's free advertising off their vehicles.
Yeti was probably smart to pull out of SHOTShow.

I doubt they would be well received there.

Drink coffee out.of an Ozark Trail every day. Daggone thing will keep coffee nice and hot from first sip 'til ~ 2 pm.
Have a 30 oz Artic for several years. 5 or 6. still works great. Hot Coffee every day for hours
I have a yeti 65. It keeps ice longer and it’s grizzly proof.
Bought it about five years ago.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

I've never experienced or seen any animosity with any product at SHOT. My experience is the attendees are incredibly respectful. Whether or not buyers at SHOT want to do business with them is a completely different thing. I am done buying their products, no doubt there.
Bought an Rtic 45 a couple of years ago. It was $170.00 compared to the Yeti 45 at $350.00. It was a no brainer.
I bought a YETI back when they were the only game in town and I had some trapline mad money burning a hole in my pocket but I wouldn't today regardless of their political stance. There's much better deals out there.

As far as the cups go.....I have a YETI and an RTIC...both gifted to me......I can't tell any difference but I don't need to keep a cup of coffee hot for 12-16 hours either.
I feel sorry for the suckers who bought Yeti -almost.
Originally Posted by jaguartx

Good thing I didn't buy the one you stank up, huh? laugh
Jackson Kayak (made in Tennesee) produces Orion Coolers. The best I can tell they are proud of their support for the 2nd Amendment. I've got one of their yak's on my Christmas list from the wife. If she comes through, I plan on getting a matching cooler.
Originally Posted by Mountain10mm

I've never experienced or seen any animosity with any product at SHOT. My experience is the attendees are incredibly respectful. Whether or not buyers at SHOT want to do business with them is a completely different thing. I am done buying their products, no doubt there.

Rock River and Springfield Armory had more than a few folks voice their displeasure, though not as tantrums. More than a few would have said something to Yet I, I am certain.
Originally Posted by dale06
I have a yeti 65. It keeps ice longer and it’s grizzly proof.
Bought it about five years ago.

I bought a Lifetime 55, $107 at Wal-Mart... and I did not have to cover the logo with a sticker.

Fish dont stink up my RTIC. How wuz i to kno u brot a defect cooler fiskin. You thot we we were gonna get skunked, huh? wink

Fish dont stink up my RTIC. How wuz i to kno u brot a defect cooler fiskin. You thot we we were gonna get skunked, huh? wink

Vinegar and tsp will fix a stinky cooler...
SHOT is bad bad expensive......a waste of money IMO
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

It wasn't the cooler as much as my Dr. Pepper tasting like fish...

At least wait til we take the drinks out!

LOL
Old news. If I recall correctly, they distanced themselves from anything that had to do with guns, asked for thier product logo to be removed from the NRA website and all literature, then they got a lot of backlash from folks blowing up thier Yeti coolers with tanite, setting them on fire, crushing them, using them for targets, ect. Then Yeti said "that's not what we meant at all" and asked for forgiveness, and another cooler company stepped up and offered to take thier place.
Think it was about a year ago, maybe more.

https://youtu.be/ImSfjiM5ydg

It wasn't the cooler as much as my Dr. Pepper tasting like fish...

At least wait til we take the drinks out!

LOL

Add a little tsp and vinegar to your Dr Pepper!
Originally Posted by tedthorn

SHOT is for national type companies that introduce and evolve new products for the hunting/shooting industry.

New products are introduced at SHOT. Company representatives from all major retailers as well as distributors are there, looking at what products they will carry.

I've seen multi-million dollar deals happen in meetings there.

Most exhibitors that attend, can't afford not to attend.

Add a little tsp and vinegar to your Dr Pepper!

Yum! laugh

Baking Soda will do it alone. I have never used anything else.
Originally Posted by tedthorn

Expensive to display? Or attend?

If you are making money it cannot be that expensive... and it is growing...

Really bad ones need more than baking soda...

You may find both baking soda, then cheap white vinegar, and then baking soda will fully clean most anything. One is an alkaline blend, one an acidic blend but may leave slight trace and vinegar smell and this is cleaned up again with baking soda. We use white vinegar to clean almost anything, especially glass, and follow with baking soda when needed. Make a slight paste with the baking soda and gentle scrub. The combo of these two will clean just about any smell you might have in their. If more smell after that it is well embedded and you might want to toss it.
Originally Posted by sierraHunter

You may find both baking soda, then cheap white vinegar, and then baking soda will fully clean most anything. One is an alkaline blend, one an acidic blend but may leave slight trace and vinegar smell and this is cleaned up again with baking soda. We use white vinegar to clean almost anything, especially glass, and follow with baking soda when needed. Make a slight paste with the baking soda and gentle scrub. The combo of these two will clean just about any smell you might have in their. If more smell after that it is well embedded and you might want to toss it.

Those that you consider throw aways will be cleaned with a tsp soak. I have never seen one the tsp did not take care of better and faster than baking soda.
This reminds me of when all you old fugs decided to boycott Nike.

Like Nike, none of you bought or could afford Yeti. You all sure showed them.
Originally Posted by callnum

Dumbass.

Dumbass.

That got me, are you in 8th grade?
Just a few grades above you.

Dumbass.

How do you propose to know how much money people here have or what they can afford?

If you pay even the slightest attention, you know without a doubt that there's many, many people here that can buy you out many times over. Or me for that matter.

You also would see that Nike doesn't even make much that folks here would buy. Some, but not many.

And lastly, if someone decides not to buy something from a company because of their policies, what business is that of yours?

You really ought to leave the discussions to the grownups. You continually prove you aren't on par with your betters.
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Drink coffee out.of an Ozark Trail every day. Daggone thing will keep coffee nice and hot from first sip 'til ~ 2 pm.

It keeps cold things cold, and hot things hot. How does it know? grin
Now I'm really glad I never gave 500 bucks for a GD ice chest! grin
Originally Posted by gunner500

I didn't buy mine!

One was a gift.

And my 2nd Yeti, I found upside down in the highway going to the ranch here from town...

Now those folks were VERY considerate! That 65qt I found was brand new. Still had the stickers on it. AND it was full of cold beer and ice! smile smile

It does have a small scuff from road rash. But hey, I'm not complainin'! laugh

Yep

I didn't buy mine!

One was a gift.

And my 2nd Yeti, I found upside down in the highway going to the ranch here from town...

Now those folks were VERY considerate! That 65qt I found was brand new. Still had the stickers on it. AND it was full of cold beer and ice! smile smile

What kind of beer?
Originally Posted by Prwlr
What kind of beer?

LOL!

I was hoping for some Shiner Bock... But alas, it was only Bud Light.

Another Johnny do nothing.

I didn't buy mine!

One was a gift.

laugh That'll Work!
What kind of beer?

LOL!

Spent all thier money on the cooler! wink
Yeti did an IPO on October 25 of this year and has not been doing well since and today they hit their lowest value, yet at 13.90. They came out at $18. Found a page that explains why they were going public... tons of debt. But 46% profit margin, which should be enough to turn off investors!

All of which might explain why they went total retard...

Found this on another site:
Yeti Stock Freezes

Recent new IPO Yeti (YETI), maker of high-end portable coolers for camping and fishing, slumped for a sixth straight session. The stock slid more than 6% to 13.90, an all-time low. The Austin-based company went public on the NYSE on Oct. 25 at $18 a share.

The Street expects Yeti to grow earnings 262% to 29 cents a share in the fourth quarter, following EPS increases of 367%, 367% and 85%. Keep in mind that those huge increases got the benefit of easy year-over-year comparisons. Due to inventory and supply chain challenges, Yeti saw profits plummet from the first quarter of 2017 to Q4 that year.
Regardless of politics....they make better stuff. I have items from Yeti, RTIC, and others..and I prefer the Yeti stuff by a substantial margin.

Listerine mouthwarsh will take out the worst of the worst funks.
Originally Posted by muleshoe

Have not heard that one before.
Originally Posted by liliysdad
Regardless of politics....they make better stuff. I have items from Yeti, RTIC, and others..and I prefer the Yeti stuff by a substantial margin.

I am not seeing the difference with RTIC, but concede the Lifetime cooler I bought has less plastic than the Yeti which means it is not as stiff in the lid and so on, but it is also a decent compromise between weight and cost and performance.

It'll work on skunk too.

It'll work on skunk too.

We are short on skunks here!
wink
They are from Austin....

I love it....
A guy can buy a cheap Coleman and a $hit ton of ice for the price of a Yeti. It seems most of my coolers get broken, lost or stolen before I get all of the goody out of it.

kwg
It'll work on skunk too.
[/quote]
Hard to dip the skunk though.... wink
But they will have minty fresh breath.

grin
Yetis have minty fresh breath? Do the Bigfoot hunting show folks know this?

I didn't buy mine!

One was a gift.

laugh That'll Work!

Fish fins will scratch the biotch. (God how i hate lucky fuggers).

Piss or fish would make Dr Pepper taste mo better and we had a whole hill country lake you could have rinsed that dr p can in before opening.

I bet you would have bitched if one of your old girl friends would have tasted like Dr Pepper instead of sardines.
I paid $500 for a cooler. Dometic. Freezes too.

I didn't buy mine!

One was a gift.

laugh That'll Work!

Fish fins will scratch the biotch. (God how i hate lucky fuggers).

Piss or fish would make Dr Pepper taste mo better and we had a whole hill country lake you could have rinsed that dr p can in before opening.

I bet you would have bitched if one of your old girl friends would have tasted like Dr Pepper instead of sardines.

Uh, a man with a nose like a penitentiary blood hound would have had to hoist the white flag and pull off that jobsite, I know, I've seen me do it. smile no can do on the sardines Comrade!
The old belly button trick! laugh
WHEWW GOTDAMN, dem chickens betta be takin care of that thing! laugh

I'm drinking hot coffee from mine as we speak. The only problem I have with them is they keep the coffee so damn hot you can't drink it for the first hour or two without having to take the lid off and let it cool down for a spell.

I'm up to five of them now I believe. I'll lose track of them when I leave them laying around the farm, in the truck, on the tractor, at the office. At $7 dollars, I just buy another while I'm at the Walmart, then the next day, miraculously, I find the one I left laying around. crazy

I'm curious as to whether the Ozark Trail coolers work just as well?

I didn't buy mine!

One was a gift.

I'll go you one better. The other day I found a great condition 2 gallon red gas can in the road that had the old, old style straight black gas nozzle with the yellow cap on it. None of that California Air Resources Board foolery on it that takes 3 hands to operate it. With my rumitizz, I'll take that any day over a cooler.

Those SOB's keep coffee hot longer than I care to drink it! I can't even think of taking a sip until I get to work.
What kind of beer?

LOL!

Schit...they probably threw it out then.
Just visited Rick Bin for SHOT and he had a couple coolers that had gotten fouled by rotten blood. He had tried all of the different stuff listed, except TSP. When we came back to his place after SHOT the coolers were just fine, very clean and without odor... TSP is the only way to go...
Bought two brand new coolers in the boxes from someone on Craigslist about 3 years ago for $75 a piece. "Claimed" he won them in a raffle. Taiga coolers. Never heard of them but apparently they are a veteran owned company and they're made in Texas. Solid coolers that are used daily. No complaints here.
Yeti just cost too much.
© 24hourcampfire