Home
Posted By: Texczech Lab farts - 12/17/18
My wife and I inherited our youngest daughter's lab. We are grateful for Qwen. We haven't changed her diet but lately it has been so bad it has woke me up in the middle of the night. Right now she is at my feet in front of my recliner. She has these silent bombs that when they hit you it will make you gag. Smells about like a dead cow. Oh the joy of having a big dog!
Posted By: rost495 Re: Lab farts - 12/17/18
Had labs in the house until a few years ago. Never had an issue that bothered us long.
Posted By: nighthawk Re: Lab farts - 12/17/18
Could be a lot of things but the only time the dogs did that was when feeding them a food with more protein than they could process. Partially processed protein stinks the worst. Modify diets slowly to avoid possible digestive problems.
Posted By: deflave Re: Lab farts - 12/17/18
Change diet.

They're just like us. Stuff that didn't bother them before can start to bother them after a few years.
Posted By: HilhamHawk Re: Lab farts - 12/17/18
Originally Posted by Texczech
Oh the joy of having a big dog!

Don't discount the amount of stink that a little dog can produce. I have a couple of Dachshunds that can make you wake up gagging............
Posted By: Toddly Re: Lab farts - 12/17/18
We’ve always had labs, not a problem. Maybe you should change her food.
Posted By: 284LUVR Re: Lab farts - 12/17/18
Originally Posted by nighthawk
Modify diets slowly to avoid possible killer bombs

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Posted By: Texczech Re: Lab farts - 12/17/18
We'll change her diet and see what happens. She is 2 or 3 month above 6 years old. The problem just started recently.
After getting used to her I wouldn't take anything for her. She is a great dog, very loving and protective.
Posted By: Burleyboy Re: Lab farts - 12/17/18
Our Pooh retriever " golden doodle" had a really bad week a few months back and was waking us up at night stinking so bad she could gag a maggot and make a buzzard puke. She went into my 4 year older daughters room while she was taking a nap and let one go. My daughter woke up crying saying she couldn't breath.

Bb
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Lab farts - 12/17/18
More exercise.
Posted By: SandBilly Re: Lab farts - 12/17/18
Nothing competes with Earl farts...he wakes himself up...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Texczech Re: Lab farts - 12/17/18
Earl looks like I feel today
Posted By: deflave Re: Lab farts - 12/17/18
Originally Posted by SandBilly
Nothing competes with Earl farts...he wakes himself up...

[Linked Image]

LMAO.

How old is he?
4 in March
Earl looks like I feel today

On Friday, ready to go.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Lab farts - 12/17/18
Change food, get a high quality food, do it slowly, take about 2 weeks to make the complete change over.
Posted By: Texczech Re: Lab farts - 12/18/18
Yesterday he looked fat and lazy. That's how I felt.
Posted By: Texczech Re: Lab farts - 12/20/18
How long after we start changing her food will the gas settle down. She just cut loose and cleared the living room
Posted By: stantdm Re: Lab farts - 12/21/18
I have a cat that could wake the dead or knock a buzzard off the schit wagon.
Posted By: KFWA Re: Lab farts - 12/21/18
earl looks like a cool dog

we got a lab pup that had worms. Dog was farting non stop until we got him dewormed - which didn't take us long, believe me
Posted By: Middlefork_Miner Re: Lab farts - 12/21/18
My wife and I inherited our youngest daughter's lab. We are grateful for Qwen. We haven't changed her diet but lately it has been so bad it has woke me up in the middle of the night. Right now she is at my feet in front of my recliner. She has these silent bombs that when they hit you it will make you gag. Smells about like a dead cow. Oh the joy of having a big dog!

Wait till she rips one that sets off the smoke detector...
Posted By: FieldGrade Re: Lab farts - 12/21/18
I don't care which breed a dogs farts get worse as they age. My 15yo GSP is approaching lethal status.

If I suddenly disappear from the forum you'll know what happened.
Posted By: Barryt Re: Lab farts - 12/21/18
Get your dog onto a "none corn" food, preferably "rice and lamb" or "rice and chicken" and odds are the farts will quit! Had to do this years ago for a shepard, ......he'd wake you up in tears with a fart, but resolved it with the food change! Never fed a dog anything with corn again and no farts!
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Lab farts - 12/21/18
I've reached the age where I always think it was me.
Posted By: FieldGrade Re: Lab farts - 12/21/18
Originally Posted by Barryt
Get your dog onto a "none corn" food, preferably "rice and lamb" or "rice and chicken" and odds are the farts will quit! Had to do this years ago for a shepard, ......he'd wake you up in tears with a fart, but resolved it with the food change! Never fed a dog anything with corn again and no farts!

My dogs been on Chicken and Rice her whole life.

She's old and her farts smell worse than when she was young...pretty simple......me....I'm old and fart more frequently than I used to but they smell about the same.....we all get old.
Posted By: Texczech Re: Lab farts - 12/21/18
You guys are killing me. Reading these last few post at 3 in the morning and woke the wife up laughing. If the fart don't quit we'll just learn to live with it. Thanks for the reports.
Posted By: kwg020 Re: Lab farts - 12/21/18
I'm wide awake now laughing at this topic. I'm afraid I'm up for another hour, now.

kwg
Posted By: bbassi Re: Lab farts - 12/21/18
It's probably food like others have said, and it may not be something you did. At one time we had 2 dogs on Purina Pro. The company decided to change the formula somehow and we were unaware. It was a literal chit show for a week until we got them on something else (I say we, but it was actually my wife. I was in Canada on a bear hunt at the time. grin )
Posted By: Chisos Re: Lab farts - 12/21/18
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner

Wait till she rips one that sets off the smoke detector...

Petey, my Boston Terrier, set the propane alarm off in our RV several times. He liked to plant his butt below the stove where the sensor was, and would launch a few of his scud missiles at it.
Posted By: River_Ridge Re: Lab farts - 12/21/18
Oh sure, blame the poor dog! laugh
Posted By: aalf Re: Lab farts - 12/21/18
I'd say fight fire with fire.......
© 24hourcampfire