Home
I started a new job back in July, so this was my first (and last) office Christmas party with this bunch and their spouses. The party started at 6:00pm and by 8:30pm, three of them were passed out cold on the floor and two more were puking their guts out on the back lawn. One lady's husband, dude about 50ish years old, wouldn't shut up and kept talking about his farts, the size of his dick, how big her tits are, etc.,and was just making a complete ass of himself. Another guy was hitting on anyone and everyone and getting all grabby and was finally told he needed to leave.

I don't mind having a few drinks, catching a good buzz, and having a good time, but I don't understand drinking to the point of utter stupidity and complete blackout. Gave me a whole new perspective of the people I work with and the idiots they're married to/in a relationship with.
What kind of work do they do?
Strange things happen at office parties.

Stranger things happen at the "after party, party."
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
One lady's husband,........., wouldn't shut up and kept talking about his farts, the size of his dick, how big her tits are, etc.,and was just making a complete ass of himself.

You work with deflave?
Originally Posted by Bristoe

The most obnoxious dude is a sheriff's deputy. The handsy guy is dating one of the gals from Child Welfare.

The most obnoxious dude is a sheriff's deputy. The handsy guy is dating one of the gals from Child Welfare.

lol,....government workers, eh?
Handling your alcohol is a skill set few possess.
Can I get invited to the next one?
Originally Posted by Kenlguy
Can I get invited to the next one?

I can probably get you Handsy's contact info.... grin
That sux working with Big Stick
Originally Posted by deflave

F u c k i n’ eh! And losing your s h i t and still being able to pass as buzzed is rare for most.

I don’t know what it is about some people and their booze intake?

Crying, fighting, sluts........ lol.

Sometimes being complete sober watching drinkers get tanked is funny!
Leaving wasn't an opiton?
One to 3 times a year rookies. Either that or free booze.
I worked at an engineering firm that had a surveying dept. as well.

The company threw a lavish Christmas party with everyone invited. Free Bar.

Holy crap! That party was famous far and wide by the next day. laugh laugh

I can't even begin to describe the depravity. Fights. Puking. Kissing. Groping. Crying. Destruction. DWI arrests. Public Intoxication arrests... It was epic! grin

The following year, we got a Christmas Bonus addition in the amount they would have spent on the party...

Moral of the story is.. Don't invite surveyors to a party with free alcohol. blush
Things like that happen often in "the land of liberals, hippies and...."
This is the reason many companies have dropped holiday parties. Have been held liable for the carnage of drunk drivers leaving a company sponsored event. Along with sexual harassment claims.
Originally Posted by 700LH
Leaving wasn't an opiton?

Being the new guy kind of played into me even being there in the first place (not much of a party crowd kinda guy, but figured I better make an appearance), but I was home by 9:30pm. They did have some kickass Tri-Tip, twice baked potatoes, and a bunch of other good stuff to eat, so it wasn't a complete bust.

Originally Posted by gunzo
One to 3 times a year rookies. Either that or free booze.

Bingo, probably on both accounts, but it was all the free booze you wanted.
Few years back I watched a Christmas party get out of hand at a nice restaurant. Boss was HAMMERED. Started schit with the manager and ended up getting knocked the fugg out in front of his wife and employees. It was awesome.

A few of the guys were all apologizing and trying to drag the unconscious jack azz across the parking lot.
Not an office worker but I worked at two companies that had big Christmas parties.
One, a trucking company had canned beer and wine. Most, didnt want to be seen drunk (Trucking company!)
and, they had the ability to shut the alcohol off immediately. They also subsidized our motel room.

The other, a factory, no longer does any of that stuff for us.
Their parties used to get ugly. Mrs. Buck and I would eat, I drank a beer, and left between the
paid entertainment, and the amateur fool show.
I have been to quite a few in my younger days, no good ever came from it that I could tell. Booze brings out the stupid in everyone, it seems.
The mechanical contractors I used to work for had great parties in the 70’s, By the time it got dark there would be plumbers and pipe fitters fighting in the parking lot. There would be cars in the ditches all around the office. People fornicating in cars. A good time was had by all!!
From my experience cops are terrible at handling their booze in public.
I've been to big beer busts back when everybody was in their early to mid 20's where some drama occurred. But nobody thought much about it. We were all just kids and kids do what kids do.

I've never been to a party where adults got out of control to the extent mentioned in the OP.

The last big bash I went to was a wedding party a few months ago. It went on until late at night. There was an open bar and many young people as well as adults were in attendance. Quite a few people there had the big buzz on before things shut down for the evening, (me too) but everybody maintained their dignity,...even the young people.

In fact, everybody had a great time.

Any adult who hasn't developed the ability to drink without making a scene needs to leave it alone.
As a young man I'll admit it took a couple of showing my ass at the Xmas party moments to realize how to act.

The thing for me is where I live, I'm not paying $40 for an uber just to get schitfaced with people I work with....and I sure as hell ain't hanging out with them sober.

One lady's husband, dude about 50ish years old, wouldn't shut up and kept talking about his farts, the size of his dick, how big her tits are, etc.,and was just making a complete ass of himself. Another guy was hitting on anyone and everyone and getting all grabby and was finally told he needed to leave.

Hell, this is just everyday norm in some offices. smile
Originally Posted by widrahthaar
From my experience cops are terrible at handling their booze in public.

You noticed that too, huh.
Instant ass holes. Just add alcohol.

I remember a company Christmas party I was at many years ago that got so out of hand that it had to be shut down early and of all people the plant manager was the one responsible.

Plant manager, a relatively young man himself, had too much to drink, tried to pick a fight with a younger hourly employee. The younger man, trying to avoid escalating the situation, turned around and started walking away. The plant manager all of a sudden attacked him from behind, pulled him down on the dance floor, and started flailing away with wild haymakers.

The plant manager's wife, real nice lady, already eight and a half months pregnant, was crying and begging someone to stop it. Feeling sorry for her, especially with her being so far along pregnant, I jerked her husband off the other guy, walked him outside and sat him down in his car, scolded him like a naughty kid, told him to stay there while I went to get his wife to drive them home. He promised he would but didn't, though.

The employee he jumped on had a older and bigger brother that worked there too who was also at the party and was very upset when he found out what happened. Apparently they came face to face right after the plant manager made in back inside the building.

The next time I saw the plant manager he was laid out inside a big commercial galvanized double sink. He was semi-unconscious butt down in one side side of the sink, one leg in the other, his other leg dangling outside, with a trickle of blood running from between his eyes down the middle of his face, mumbling something or other.

Next day back to work the plant manager had a band-aid over a pretty good size knot between his eyes . He darn near lost his job, too.
Sounds like the Campfire get together's I've heard about.
A place with employees and significant others like that probably has a bigger issue than a raucous Christmas party.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
I worked at an engineering firm that had a surveying dept. as well.

The company threw a lavish Christmas party with everyone invited. Free Bar.

Holy crap! That party was famous far and wide by the next day. laugh laugh

I can't even begin to describe the depravity. Fights. Puking. Kissing. Groping. Crying. Destruction. DWI arrests. Public Intoxication arrests... It was epic! grin

The following year, we got a Christmas Bonus addition in the amount they would have spent on the party...

Moral of the story is.. Don't invite surveyors to a party with free alcohol. blush

As a surveyor this is sound advice. Our yearly convention is one heck of a party. Most of us can hold our liquor but sometimes someone will get out of hand. We are a loud rowdy bunch.

Lol the one know one is allowed to talk about..
I thought Toby would be in there some place!
. . .

. . .

Damn, you had a busy night!😉

(Sorry, couldn't resist. It was too easy.)
lmao Bestest thread in awhilst.
Originally Posted by GunDoc7
. . .

. . .

Damn, you had a busy night!😉

(Sorry, couldn't resist. It was too easy.)

LOL.

It's not generally the survey management or RPLS's that are the issue.

The field crews can get interesting though. laugh
Anytime they're not paying for the drinks there are some who will drink to excess. Then there are the jokers who will spike their drinks to make sure they get really wasted.
I was in supervision for most of my working days and was invited to the Christmas Party everyone of them. I went to one and swore that was the last one. They had a band that played so loud, you couldn't hear yourself think. The meal was terrible and the drunks were plenty.

Never again for an office party.

Several of us that worked at this place decided to all get together and take our spouses out to eat. 4 couples of us and we had our own Christmas Party. We did this for several years and always had a great time.
GreatWaputi: Sorry the drunkards spoiled your evening. Sounds like you won't have to be putting up with that bunch anymore in your future Christmas's.
For 29 years I was the police in a large west coast city and we used to dread the two weeks before Christmas and through New Years due to the large numbers of "adults" who don't normally drink much and then comes the office parties and the after work "drinks" of the same occasional imbibers. In other words people who don't drink often and don't know how to "hold their liquor" or pace themselves!
Anyway the resulting disturbances, fights, car crashes, family fights and "passed out" people calls went up ten fold!
Again sorry for your unpleasant evening - its NOT rare!
If you think Christmas office parties get rowdy you should attend a "big city police departments" picnics!
The police usually get very little time off during the holidays and especially during the evenings around the holidays!
So they (we!) made up for it at our annual summer picnics.
Fist fights abound, non permissioned fully clothed throwings into the lake are RAMPANT/CONTINUOUS and I have seen threats to kill, nakedness, guns pulled and divorces started at 29 years worth of "police picnics".
Again folks not used to drinking very often and don't know their boundaries can cause real problems when the liquor flows freely.
I don't drink much at all (beers now and then) and I am a large person so I have only been "drunk" a time or two in my whole life - and I regretted those instances - not for any outrageous behavior but for the dreaded hangover.
The VarmintWife and I just last week hosted 43 (fourty three) teachers, counselors, school superintendants and principals and many of their spouses at our home for the VarmintWifes workmates "Christmas office party". And the party was indeed boisterous but never profane or obscene! One lady teacher had never seen a "bidet" before and embarrassed herself asking about what it was and then, how it worked!
I am sure she would not have ventured forth with that had she not "had a couple" beforehand!
Tis the season to be jolly, but NOT profane.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
A place with employees and significant others like that probably has a bigger issue than a raucous Christmas party.

A safe bet.
Originally Posted by 79S

Lest you be an a-hole.
Originally Posted by 79S

What happens to people who talk about it?
Originally Posted by 79S

Banished to KY....
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Originally Posted by 79S

Banished to KY....

,....a fate worse than death. Make sure everybody from up north and California hears that.
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Originally Posted by 79S

Banished to KY....

,....a fate worse than death. Make sure everybody from up north and California hears that.

Hahaha
I bet Bristoe get reeeeal quiet, reeeeal quick when people are standing in front of him.

LOL.
Go to an office Xmas party at your own risk, I don't care what business they are in. I have been to several in different fields and have never been to one that didn't turn into an absolute [bleep] show. Amateur hour.
I bet Bristoe get reeeeal quiet, reeeeal quick when people are standing in front of him.

LOL.

I bet you start showing your ass after 4 beers.

I mean,...it's obvious you live on the cusp. It's in your blood to be an azzhole. 4 beers are probably more than enough for you to show it to the world.

It's 3 minutes after 5PM and you've already got it poked out there for all the world to see.

What time did you start today?
Originally Posted by jdunham
Go to an office Xmas party at your own risk, I don't care what business they are in. I have been to several in different fields and have never been to one that didn't turn into an absolute [bleep] show. Amateur hour.

My rule is 60 minutes. Tops.

After that, Irish good-bye.
Let's start a pool.

What time tonight will DeFlave have consumed enough alcohol that he starts again bragging about how he beats the chit out of his Labrador?

LOL.

I mean,...it's obvious you live on the cusp. It's in your blood to be an azzhole. 4 beers are probably more than enough for you to show it to the world.

It's 3 minutes after 5PM and you've already got it poked out there for all the world to see.

9ish.

AM.

But I still bet you get reeeeal quiet, reeeeeal quick, when people are standing in front of you. LOL.
Let's start a pool.

What time tonight will DeFlave have consumed enough alcohol that he starts again bragging about how he beats the chit out of his Labrador?

You think I MOVED a fugkin' Labrador? Jesus Christ, you are stupid.

GLOCK!GLOCK!

LOL.

9ish.

AM.

But I still bet you get reeeeal quiet, reeeeeal quick, when people are standing in front of you. LOL.

I don't spend enough time around yankee azzholes for it to be an issue.

Now,...you should give that poor chocolate Lab to somebody that's not a yankee azzhole so they can get him back in shape and see if they can get him behaving correctly after years of having your drunk ass beating him.
Let's start a pool.

You think I MOVED a fugkin' Labrador? Jesus Christ, you are stupid.

GLOCK!GLOCK!

There it is. The yankee azzhole badge proudly displayed.

Even if it's just another one of your lies, it's the mark of a yankee azzhole to even talk like that.
One of the first companies I worked for was a construction company. Company wasn't too big so they had the Christmas party at the Owner's house. Lots of goings on. That was the only one they had there. From then on was at the country club. Worked for another small construction company with three partners. They rotated having the Christmas party at their houses. They didn't get real wild, but the liquor flowed. One of the last ones I went to my ex-wife wasn't paying attention to what and how much she was drinking. We were sitting across from one of the partner's mother and father and my ex almost passed out face down in her plate. Like a half inch from kissing the food. The next year she got pissed when one of the others brought it up. Didn't have to worry the next year as we were divorced.
Back in my corporate days the annual company Christmas party was a pretty swanky affair. All the women are dolled up, men wearing suits and ties. Nice sit-down dinner. Very cordial at the beginning.

But by the end of the night with the liquor flowing it got pretty wild. Strapless gowns falling down while dancing to Louie Louie, shoving match at the bar, some light weight puking in the bathroom. Good times.

I once won a big raffle prize for being the only person in a room of 300 that had a library card.
Originally Posted by 79S

Well the fella in question who couldn't hold his booze and talked out of his a$$ and challenged young punks to fist fights at the get together passed year so ago.. some/ I mean a lot folks on here get there panties in a wad you when you talk about it... you know the same way they get there tits in a wringer when someone bad mouths that gunwriter that passed a few yrs back man wtf was his name? Ken Howell is the name!
Drunks anytime, any place.
Christmas parties.....

My workplace and my wife's (different places) both have nixed parties.
I think most have gone to Christmas lunches pretty hard to get sloshed at those.. only time it's socially accepted to get [bleep] drunk and throw up everywhere are at Army Balls, that's how you become a legend.

There it is. The yankee azzhole badge proudly displayed.

Even if it's just another one of your lies, it's the mark of a yankee azzhole to even talk like that.

Merry Christmas, Bristoe.

it takes practice.
Originally Posted by stxhunter

it takes practice.

Stop giving away the trade secrets. Please.

Merry Christmas.
What are you guys talking about?

I don't remember any "Christmas parties". blush

it takes practice.

Stop giving away the trade secrets. Please.

Merry Christmas.

Merry Christmas. Amigo

Merry Christmas. Amigo

And to you, and yours.

If you see that Chinaman friend of yours, tell him I said GFY.

With love.

Travis
Originally Posted by Tyrone
What are you guys talking about?

That's probably the most annoying question ever conceived.

Merry Christmas. Amigo

And to you, and yours.

If you see that Chinaman friend of yours, tell him I said GFY.

With love.

Travis

he will be down the 3rd week of next month to blast ducks and pigs, i'll make it a point to.
Coworker previously worked in a management position at Fidelity. Christmas party was for employees only, free bar, and in a hotel venue. Employees were encouraged to book a room to avoid liability for DUI's, etc. Was jokingly referred to as the INFidelity Christmas party.
Company I worked for in my 20's had some pretty wild Christmas parties. The first couple I attended had open bars and great 'fun' was had by all. The year after that they went to drink tickets, with 2 being handed out to each employee. Somebody thought it was a good idea for me to be the one handing out the tickets. Mistake for them, win for everyone else. The next year I was in management and had to behave myself....
I don’t have to worry too much about our “office” get togethers. Everyone I work with is a retired Navy or Marine Corp jet aviator. The wives just have to put up with us and listen to all the “sea stories” and “there I was stories” they’ve heard many times before....😀
Many years ago a couple of the higher ups got pretty liquored up and got into a fist fight, everyone was afraid of trying to break it up for fear of being accused of favoring one of the combatants. When it was all over the fellow who had a reputation for being able to hold his liquor had really gotten the best of the other guy.
This thread proves we need a 24HCF Christmas Party. First year, Ken-TUK-ee. Then on to Land of liberals, hippies, and... Then where-ever deflave says he's living.
When I worked for a newspaper, saw some crazy [bleep] at the company Christmas party. I enjoy drinking but refuse to allow myself to get drunk in front of co workers.

Bummer we don't have video, or at least pics........
In my experience
if your get shïtfaced
at the work Christmas Party
and grope the boss's wife
you will get a rise......

but, probably not a raise......

Vinny

P.S. Unless her daddy really owns the company and she liked your member......a lot.
Originally Posted by T Bone
Strange things happen at office parties.

Stranger things happen at the "after party, party."

Careers end after Office parties.
My best Christmas party occurred when I was about 9 y/o. My Dad had recently been promoted to upper management and my folks hosted a dinner party for the bigwigs. It was traditional for the CEO to propose a toast after everyone was seated. My dad's buddy, Curley, gave me an inflated whoopee cushion and told me where to place it when everyone stood. The CEO's wife was a large woman and she stunned the room to silence when she sat on the cushion. I thought that was the funniest thing I ever saw and so did the lady and other attendees....w/ the exception of my parents.

mike r
Tracks is dead on. Management knows, "In vino veritas", and finds out: who will be the fool with a client; who can't keep his pants on (and give the company lawyers busy with the sex harassment complaint); total the company car after one two many during lunch, etc. Regardless how expensive, it's worth it when deciding who to fire. A company party is not really a party.
I don't know if bosses hold Christmas parties specifically to see who will make a scene. But common sense should tell everyone that the last place you want to show your ass is in front of the people you're going to have to work with every day.

Unless you work for the Japanese, of course. Typically, they're as stoic as soldiers during inspection while working. But party time is party time.

Next day it's business as usual, however.
Very few people in the office today, but some who are here are laying low in hopes things are forgotten and blow over in the next week or so. I've received a couple of apology texts and emails so far.
Very few people in the office today, but some who are here are laying low in hopes things are forgotten and blow over in the next week or so. I've received a couple of apology texts and emails so far.

The last Christmas party my boss had was almost 10 years ago. Two of my colleagues announced their relationship to everyone. It was very awkward for all attending. My boss never had another Christmas party after that one.

You lead a much more exciting life than I do.

LMFAO......you know you fucked up bad when you have to send out a group text to your co-workers with an apology for your behavior at the Christmas party. 😂

Last few Christmas parties I attended, everyone was given two drink tickets. I suppose some were given to the heavy drinkers by the non drinkers. But people stayed sober.
I do recall 20 years ago people passed out or should have but instead they made an ass of themselves.
And some marriage vows were broken
Those of us that stayed sober fared much better career wise.
Originally Posted by barm

The last Christmas party my boss had was almost 10 years ago. Two of my colleagues announced their relationship to everyone. It was very awkward for all attending. My boss never had another Christmas party after that one.

Two guys? That would be awkward....
I heard the horror stories from our corporate parties from many years ago. This was long before I started with Wal Mart. The one that led to discontinuing the parties was pretty epic. One of the big wigs got caught in his office bumping uglies with his secretary, which probably wouldn't have been so bad, except that it was his wife that caught him. An inebriated shop manager walked off the end of a loading dock and broke his shoulder. Two guys decided they were too drunk to drive them selves home, so made the classic decision to "follow" each other home. They made it less than a mile down the road before they ran into each other. Another guy left the party and passed out at a train crossing waiting for a train to pass. He had the window open with his head hanging out the window, and the whole side of his head was covered with snow when the cop rolled up on him. 'Scared the crap out of the cop as he thought someone had shot him in the head and blew his brains out. So in one night they had one serious injury in the shop, three DUI's and a messy divorce case. So much for corporate parties at that company.
Originally Posted by fester

Sometimes being complete sober watching drinkers get tanked is funny!

I normally eschew the complete sobriety thing at social events, but always have remembered what my old man said to me during a cocktail party at their place in Boston long ago after I asked why he didn't loosen up a bit and enjoy one or two more than his usual beers. He said, "first off, I make it a point to always be in control, especially so anywhere that your mother is present. That's something that might not be possible if I have too much to drink. Second, over the years I've found more pleasure at these types of social gatherings can be had watching people. Some normally pretentious, prim and proper old sea biscuit falling down with her dress over her head, some loudmouth getting slapped by his wife in front of everyone, and occasionally getting a chance to confront some hayseed for pilfering things like shrimp, lobster tails and crab claws. 'Hey there fella, I note that your pet crab in your sport coat pocket is needing you to take him for a walk or something; he keeps reaching up trying to get your attention...' wink
© 24hourcampfire