Home
What plans/goals do you have 2019? How did you do on your 2018 resolutions?

RS
I'm going to post in the 2019 workout thread more often.
Eat smarter, less, get into better shape. The same as the last so many years.
Maintain current weight or drop a few pounds. I'll exercise as needed to offset eating habits.
Shot my 2018 resolution all to hell. I was down just about 40lbs in 2017, but then applied for a new job, got hired, moved, started the new job. Started stress eating and haven't quit. I need to get my [bleep] together and get back into shape.
I did ok in 2018. I put on a fair amount of muscle but still need to lose weight. I am currently 250-255 and my ultimate goal is 215. I am going on a cruise in March and I would like to get to 240 which is very doable in that amount of time. I will shoot for 225 by Memorial Day and 215 by the 4th of July. I will see what happens. I have a HORRIBLE sweet tooth:)

Bill
Im going to consume better quality beer. Just ask Roninphx. All I can do is go up!
Im going to take it easy on my joints and rest up more.
Originally Posted by deflave

Are we still going to face time each other when we do our jeffo workouts? Got up went to
Kitchen got a cup a coffee. Took trash out whew what a workout.
Originally Posted by 79S

Are we still going to face time each other when we do our jeffo workouts? Got up went to

Shirts optional.

Pants too.
In good shape. Going to step it up more and get walk in mtn goat ready.
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Shot my 2018 resolution all to hell. I was down just about 40lbs in 2017, but then applied for a new job, got hired, moved, started the new job. Started stress eating and haven't quit. I need to get my [bleep] together and get back into shape.

Good luck. Bt/dt
Not going to make any resolutions.
After my TKR I lost 25 lbs. in what seemed to be overnight. It was actually because I stayed upstairs and my wife portioned my food for me. As I got more mobile I could go downstairs and rummage through the fridge. I gained back about 15. My goal is to lose 40 by the end of August since I will be racing in Colorado and don't want to be the fattest [bleep] out there.
Originally Posted by 79S

Shirts optional.

Pants too.

You passed the test bro..
Walk more, drink more beer!
Originally Posted by smarquez
After my TKR I lost 25 lbs. in what seemed to be overnight. It was actually because I stayed upstairs and my wife portioned my food for me. As I got more mobile I could go downstairs and rummage through the fridge. I gained back about 15. My goal is to lose 40 by the end of August since I will be racing in Colorado and don't want to be the fattest [bleep] out there.

What's a TKR?
I lost 20 pounds this year. I could do another 10. Good for my knees.
Originally Posted by smarquez

What's a TKR?

Total Knee Replacement
I am thinking of a 600 mile run goal. This combined with a little bit of weights. I am in good shape, but want to be better. Sub-10 min 1.5 Mile in Nov would be very cool!
Need to get back on my workout programs,loose about 40 pounds do this:

[Linked Image]

for Independence Day, then crush 2 "Tough Mudder"s this year. Gotta celebrate turning 44 in a couple weeks, should be a good start.
Never made resolutions. I try to live healthy year round and don’t wait till end of year to try to improve.
https://www.greysteel.org
Originally Posted by MMM

"The Barbell Prescription" is an excellent read and a great source of information. Highly recommended.

RS
My resolution is to get to the gym 15 minutes earlier until March 1 when everbody with a resolution stops coming.
1. Walk everyday
2. Cut carbohydrates
3. Take my vitamins
Originally Posted by DesertMuleDeer
My resolution is to get to the gym 15 minutes earlier until March 1 when everbody with a resolution stops coming.

This is really an interesting and annoying phenomenon. On the other hand, the New Years rush of first-time gym clients is probably what keeps a lot of facilities solvent.

RS
My first triathlon of the year is January 20 - an indoor. 10 minutes swimming pool lengths, 30 minutes on a spin bike, and 20 minutes on a treadmill. It sounds easier than it is - the distances are short enough where it's tough not to slide into an all-out sprint puke fest. Also, a person doesn't want to be too wobbly starting on the treadmill and end up starring in a YouTube video.
My growler is 1 month post TKR and is already hiking 1/2 mile w/ trekking poles. I will have to tune up to stay ahead of her. We are planning on getting in an Idaho wolf hunt in February.

mike r
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by RipSnort
Originally Posted by MMM

"The Barbell Prescription" is an excellent read and a great source of information. Highly recommended.

RS

Good to hear - I recently purchased it and have been working through it. I have everything I need at home - squat rack/cage, bench, Olympic bar, plenty of plates, dumbells and kettlebells so have never done the gym thing until recently. Wife talked me into it as something we could do together so I've been going pretty regularly the last couple of weeks. She wanted to do the Planet Fitness thing but that pretty much limits you to machines vs. free weights, but then I have that at home. I've been kind of enjoying it - I do tend to work out more regularly than just working out at home which is a good thing.
Drink more Trooper Ale, chit on my enemies more.
© 24hourcampfire