Home
Posted By: LeroyBeans What is shut down so far - 01/05/19
Apparently, new breweries cannot get licensed by the Feds during this shutdown.

That has me wondering if suppressor permits and firearm purchases can be cleared by the ATF or is the local gunstore and kitchen table FFL's hamstrung for now? Anyone tried to make a purchase in the last couple of weeks?
I was able to pick up a new .22 about a week ago, a few days into the shut down. Paperwork went through in under 5 minutes.
Posted By: Dryfly24 Re: What is shut down so far - 01/05/19
Federal employees fall under one of two categories, "essential" or "excepted" employees have to go to work even though they are NOT being paid; as opposed to the "non-essential" folks who stay home for the duration. After the government reopens they will normally be paid back pay - even the ones who didn't have to work - but during the shut down period they are not paid. So depending on how long it lasts , it could cause some hardship for the families, especially of those "essential" employees such as law-enforcement agents or civilians deemed critical to the mission and who still have to show up day after day without a clue as to how long it will last. Most people aren't even aware of that, and couldn't give a flying rat's @$$ but those folks going through it sure feel it...
Bought a rifle a few days ago...no problems, and was called in right while I was at the counter.
Posted By: Gus Re: What is shut down so far - 01/05/19
many of us know that a lot of gov't jobs are for the sake of the economy. that is, far better to have gov't employees doing something rather than being on welfare and doing nothing.

not all, but many are truly non-essential.

gov't will have to attack the root cause, or go on running deficits, whether the wall ever gets built or not.

and why not pay the workers who are deemed essential? makes no sense not to.

the gov't ain't shutdown and we all know it.

it's theatre for the masses from both sides of the RoundTable.
Not nearly enough.
© 24hourcampfire