Home
Posted By: wabigoon Your Oldest Living Relative? - 01/10/19
At my age, I think I am the oldest living relative in my family.

How about some of you good folks?
Probably my father in law, Rick. My wive's family are all very long lived. Cathy's dad is in good shape. He's been retired from the National Guard for about 20 years, but this Lieutenant Colonel still looks pretty darned good in his dress uniform.
I’ll be 71 in June. I have 4 cousins older than I, none by more than 4 years. The old folks are all gone.
Thanks, I forgot a few cousins.
My mother is 101 and still going strong. I'm 70 and will be the oldest when she's gone.
Mom is 96. Have a sister in law just turned 95. And a cousin that is 90.
My aunt is 96 and still lives in her own house. My mom, her sister, died last year at 98. My other aunt also lived til 98. I'm a mere youngster of 59. My brother, 65, can still run half decently. What's interesting, is that they also have a couple of childhood friends in their mid 90s who are still alive. They all grew up in a very small SE Ohio coal mining town.
I am in my immediate family.

Both parents are dead. Both parents were also an only child, so I have no aunts, no uncles, and no 1st cousins.

That makes me the winner in this contest... LOL.

Wife's dad is 93 her mom is 92.
Dad is 92.
Posted By: hanco Re: Your Oldest Living Relative? - 01/10/19
I’m the oldest at 65, all my relatives were smokers.
Mom is turning 90 this year.
My mom , she's 92 , the last of her generation. At 60 I am the last of my generation.

Mike
My Mom passed away in October. She was 100. She has three sisters that are all well over 90 and still going strong. At 67 I’m one of the younger ones in the family.
That would be me.

What else you wanna know smartass? laugh
My wife's side seams to live the longest. Her grandfather lived to 105, he did good until the last two years of his life. He was still hunting at 100 years. His wife lived to 95. My wife's parents are still alive, her dad is 88 her mother 85.
My parents are both gone. Mom at 51 and my dad passed last year at 86. I don't have any aunts or uncles alive. I'm the middle child in our family, I have an older sister and a younger brother. I'll be 62 tomorrow.
Wishing you all a nice New Year.
I have an uncle who is in his 90's, and a few cousins older than me. But, in my immediate family, I'm it.
Great great aunt who’s 102. Her sister lived to be 98, as did her brother, my great grandad. Great grandmothers lived to be 90, 91, and 92, the other died in a house fire way back. My grandmother passed last Saturday at 82, still have the other three grandparents at 84,84, and 86 and all doing well.

Great Gramps said he started smoking at age 6, no filters for him ever and sometimes 3 packs a day. How he made it to 80 I don’t know, he may have went to 120 if he hadn’t smoked who knows.
I guess it would be Dad.

Grandmother died a while back at 104.
Sadly my sister who is one year older than me at 69.
My mother was orphaned during the depression (grew up in an orphanage) so who knows on that side and there may be some great great great something or others out there on my fathers side but I'm talking about those that I'm aware of.
Uncle Ron.. Mom`s side, 87.
My dad, whose 87. Still walking without a cane. Still a licensed, board certified, physician, although not practicing.
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
My mother is 101 and still going strong. I'm 70 and will be the oldest when she's gone.

Wow. That’s impressive.
My dad

24 years of army- mostly aviation.

The vietnam and helicopter stories are mind numbing sometimes. Wish there was a fast-forward button on the back of his neck. 😄

Originally Posted by DigitalDan
That would be me.

What else you wanna know smartass? laugh

I have been the oldest for 7 years.

Still waiting for some respect.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Your Oldest Living Relative? - 01/10/19
Mine would have to be cousins; we are old enough that all of the generation that begat us are gone. Oldest cousins must be pushing 80.
I am the oldest of my generation, but the oldest on either side of the family is my uncle Jim, my late mother's next younger brother and her only surviving sibling. I think that he will be 91 this year.
Sadly, my mom at 86. My dad's side was sickly so they are all gone.
My dad, 92 the last of the greatest generation in my family.
My dad's mom is 103 (thankfully she is still sharp of mind). Her older sister died at 105 and their mom died at 96.
Mom is 92; living in an assisted living place but is still sharp mentally. My dad was a heavy smoker who passed at 57 from emphysema from years of smoking. I'll be 69 next month; my last doctor appointment was just yesterday. Blood tests all came back good on cholesterol levels and everything else, blood pressure good, and i'm hoping to keep on keeping on for awhile yet.
Wife's uncle is 94 and fought throughout WWII with Patton. He still goes golfing, drives and loves the beer at the VFW. Her parents died last year at 90 and 89.
wabi.

What? you don't want to know about my oldest dead relatives?

Of those still walking the earth, I think there's a cousin or two in their late 70's or so. Older bro is the oldest directly related, parents gone for a few years now.

MIL is 80+ if we're counting relatives by marriage.

Geno
ol gramps by a mile
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Your Oldest Living Relative? - 01/10/19
Originally Posted by Gilbert16
ol gramps by a mile

Steal any more vehicles? grin
I had a note from Geni that my first cousin twice removed was having his 108 birthday.
Posted By: memtb Re: Your Oldest Living Relative? - 01/10/19
If I hang-in there for a few about 25 more years....I may be my oldest living relative! grin Most (Those “not” taken by cancer) , live into their ‘90’s. memtb
This is sad, my oldest livening relative is my brother, whose 79.
Originally Posted by hanco
I’m the oldest at 65, all my relatives were smokers.

Now I don't feel so bad! wink
Mom at 91! I have a few uncles and aunts in their late 80's. I'm only 68, and they still ask if you kids are coming to visit!
That would be my Mom at 87. My Aunt, her Sister, is a few years behind her. We lost my MIL last month. She was 93.
My uncle Bo is 98.
My Grandma is 96 and sharp a ps a tack. We are a grateful family that she is still with us.
Blood relatives on my mother's side - her sister (my aunt) Helen is mid-late 80s. Her baby brother (my uncle) is early 80s Those are the last two. My mom, who was #2 of 9 children would have been 96 this past August. No survivors on dad's side. He too would be 96.
Funny this came up today, it's my birthday and I turned 58. But I'm one of the younger ones. My aunt (mom's sister) is/will be 94. Mom's next (soon to be 87) and Dad is about 4 months younger than she is. Mom has two younger sisters that are still with us and I've got 25 or so cousins, about 20 are older than me. Both families seem to be fairly long lived.

Dale
Happy Birthday Bob!
Dad will turn 91 in early March. We had to put him in a home this year, due to a second debilitating stroke. Still mentally sharp, though. (relatively)
Uncle Claude, who married dad's sister, will be 96 or 97, soon. He's been bed-ridden for years, though. frown
Soon will be cousins, and I don't know who's still with us, and who's not - 36 first cousins at my generation level. Dad's the sole survivor of 10 kids.
My dad is 79, my grandma died at 90 with a rum and coke in one hand and a pall mall in the other.
Uncle, 87, he's one of my best friends.
My MIL is 102 & living with my wife (78) & me (80). Helluva lot on us old farts as she is nearly deff & has dimentia pretty bad.
Dad was 90 this past September, his mother was 104 when she passed.........

This past Thanksgiving I was the oldest present................ that was a first for me.....
Happy Birthday Dale.
Uncle, 90. That seems to be the average lifespan on both sides of the family if they didn't die young of cancer.
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Uncle, 87, he's one of my best friends.

Hey! Toby I thought I was!
© 24hourcampfire