Home
Posted By: Morewood Roy Clark vs Glen Campbell - 01/13/19
I always thought Roy and Glen were buddies on Hee Haw but after watching this old video I wonder.

I don't think Roy thought much of him. Just a hunch but man Glen absolutely shredded that guitar solo
Posted By: RickF Re: Roy Clark vs Glen Campbell - 01/13/19
I see one master enjoying another phenomenal guitar player. Chet there as well, same same.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Roy Clark vs Glen Campbell - 01/13/19
They both still dead?

Geno
Originally Posted by RickF
I see one master enjoying another phenomenal guitar player. Chet there as well, same same.

Yep
And Willie lookin like a retard.
a pile of greats there. Gene Watson is a great
Posted By: DMc Re: Roy Clark vs Glen Campbell - 01/13/19
Good set. Thanks for posting.
Posted By: shaman Re: Roy Clark vs Glen Campbell - 01/13/19
Originally Posted by RickF

There is a Youtube about this Youtube-- some Brit doing a critique. It's a series that attempts to expose young rockers to great guitarists and their styles. His read is exactly the same as yours.

I'm not going to say the OP is wrong. However, this would be the first time I heard of any animosity.

Somewhere out there is a video of a prank Roy pulled on Glen. Glen was told he was doing a satellite interview for Australian TV, but it was Roy in another room disguising his voice. Roy kept asking questions that centered on Roy Clark.

Second try-- I found it!!! Youtube-FU running strong today:

I see a lot of mutual respect for a great talent there.
Posted By: hanco Re: Roy Clark vs Glen Campbell - 01/13/19
I saw Gene Watson about a year ago, we are going to Fort Worth to see Eddy Raven next Saturday. Glen Campbell was great!
Posted By: Terryk Re: Roy Clark vs Glen Campbell - 01/13/19
God gave Glen a double scoop of talent.
They both be Det!!
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Roy Clark vs Glen Campbell - 01/13/19
Great talents! (Voice or instrumental, "Ghost Riders in the Sky" is one of the great all-time songs.)
Originally Posted by Valsdad
They both still dead?

Geno

WAIT ! WHAT ?
Roy's dead?
© 24hourcampfire