Home
I really like my barber. Small shop with 5 chairs and at least 3 barbers ready to give you a haircut. I get the same guy when I go. There's always a good conversation going and they are not shy showing what gun they are carrying that day. Basically a good old fashion shop that's been there a very long time.

Haircuts are 16 bucks and I just leave a 20. City price I guess.

What are you guys paying.
20 with tip

I don't pay myself anything to cut my own hair, but maybe I should start?
17 dolla, tip included, going to get a brand new flat top in the morning, starting to look like one of these okie heroin addicts.
18.00 +5.00 tip
$20 +$10 tip
My barber is $10 and I do a $5 tip. I get my hair cut every 2 weeks. She does a great job and does what I ask. Hot towel after and a neck massage.
I haven't paid for a haircut in at least 15 years. Shave it off myself with a Wahl Barber kit.
$20 including tip
Bald as a baby's azz for 30+ years. I figure with the money I've saved I can treat myself to a new rifle and a couple of Ingrams, and so I did just that!
Telly Savalas was right all along!
16.00 and I pay 25.00.
20 counting tip
$10.80 at the base usually tip $3.00.
$15
Same barber for 50 years. He’s $11 now. No tip required after that many years. Old fashioned barber shop with 3 barbers. Steady stream of customers. My guy will retire one day soon. He’s around 75. Still cuts good. He cut my grandfathers hair, my dads hair, and several of my uncles hair. I don’t know what I’ll do when he retires.
$13 + $2-4 tip
Was $15.00 plus I always threw him a $5.00 tip. Now he's retired and the shop is shut down so I now have to hunt skANC for a new pet barber.
$22 plus $5 tip.
$15 for the hair cut, $5 tip.
The lady that cuts my hair charges $12. I give her $15 and don't consider it a tip, but rather a more appropriate price.

$15.00 haircut and tip.

I also take my Elk and American Rifleman magazines (mailing label removed) to them when I finish reading them. They love them it might motive one of their customers to become more involved.
Not sure what my guy actually charges. I give him $25.
$14 +$3
$10, including tip. Try it..Down town Norway.
My wife cuts my hair. I can't afford her either smile
My barber cooks and rubs herself on me while cutting what's left of my hair and I don't even leave a tip.
Originally Posted by slowmover12
Same barber for 50 years. He’s $11 now. No tip required after that many years. Old fashioned barber shop with 3 barbers. Steady stream of customers. My guy will retire one day soon. He’s around 75. Still cuts good. He cut my grandfathers hair, my dads hair, and several of my uncles hair. I don’t know what I’ll do when he retires.

No tip required?
$11 + $4 tip. She works in regular ole men's barber shop, maybe 30. She's been cutting my hair about 6+ years. Super easy on the eyes, nice conversation. I go about every 3 weeks give or take.
My wife has been cutting my hair since she was not my wife. 50 plus years, no pay, I'm not so sure on the tip part.
$0.00

Run the clipper over my own head. Paid for itself in first two months.
Do it myself.
Wifey does mine nekked.
Originally Posted by SandBilly
16.00 and I pay 25.00.

Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
$20 +$10 tip

She must look good?
Originally Posted by hanco
Wifey does mine nekked.

you give her a "tip" or all of it?
Originally Posted by Jahrs
16.00 and I pay 25.00.

$20 +$10 tip

She must look good?

Not really.
16.00 and I pay 25.00.

Freaking oilmen. Sheesh. How much do you tip your eye dr or dentist?
Originally Posted by jaguartx
16.00 and I pay 25.00.

Freaking oilmen. Sheesh. How much do you tip your eye dr or dentist?

Nothing, you know that, you’re my eye Dr!

What’s a dentist?
I like my barber, too. Been going to him since about 1984 or 85. He's now semi-retired and works out of a friends shop on Fri. & Sat. only. Haircut costs 11 bucks and I throw him 15. Except the last time was in Dec. and I threw him a 20 and said "Merry Christmas". He has an appointment book but I can still walk in on a Friday morning with no appointment if I want to because he's never booked solid.
Been paying $10 for years...plus tip, whatever I have in the wallet.
Originally Posted by 12344mag
My barber cooks and rubs herself on me while cutting what's left of my hair and I don't even leave a tip.

This.

And after a few decades,
I'll take whatever rubbing I can get.

We make a nice picture in this fancy development,
me sitting on a plastic chair in the yard, covered in a cape.
Her cutting away.

Rednecks,
They're everywhere.
My barber cooks and rubs herself on me while cutting what's left of my hair and I cant even give her a tip.
fixt wink
$55 with tip. I also have a beard.
It seems $20 or so with tip. Twice a year I go to a different place and do the whole deal with hair wash, beard trim, straight razor shave and finished with heated towels. It goes $50 with tip. They do offer cocktails gratis so I usually have a couple of Bloody Mary's.
Was $17 for the hair cut and $6 for my beard so I would give a $7 tip to round it up to $30.

Need to keep cleaned up for work so I get haircut every 6 weeks but come back every 2 weeks for free clean up and beard trim.
Originally Posted by ironbender
$0.00

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by ironbender
$0.00

[Linked Image]

Lmao! I always wondered what he looked like..
i pay 25+5 dollar tip, only one chair and can drink beer and have a good time.
My barber is $10 and I do a $5 tip.

same
My wife has cut my hair for a very long time....

Reading this thread I save over $200 a year
Impressive.
$15, I just leave a 20 spot
$14 plus a $6 tip.
My wife cuts my hair......probably better than I could get with a paid barber. memtb
17 + 5 tip, same guy 15 plus years every 2 weeks.
Originally Posted by watch4bear
My barber is $10 and I do a $5 tip.

same

That is what my barber charges. However my barber was closed last week and had to pay $15 at the competition + the $5.00 tip.
It's a small town, shes a single mom. $18, I usually give her $30. Only get 2 or 3 haircuts a year.
Fifteen dollars and a two dollar tip.
My hick town charges seniors 14 bucks, I give them 20 bucks and hit the road. My daughter usually cuts my hair and my wife used to. If I added up what those two have cost me it would explain why I don't have a second home some place warm to go to for three months every winter. Woe is me...…..
Originally Posted by mrmarklin

Mine does the hair and beard for $15.00 total.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

2 bucks? They ever leave a bald mark somewhere?🙂
$11.00 thursdays, tip $4.00, twice a year, just too clean up the neck and sides, don't f with my ponytail or beard.
$30 + $20 tip, when I am home and go to the barber. Vegas prices.

Most of the time my wife cuts it.
$11 + $4

I've had my same barber for 20 years. I met him at the Navy Exchange barbershop and he opened his own shop off base, called it "The Off Base Barber Shop."
I've cut my own hair since I was 19. I'm not 65.....yet. cool
The price is the price. Nobody gives me a tip at my job. Besides, it take all of 10 minutes to cut my hair at $15 so they can make $90/hour. At that income they don't need a tip
$11 and I don't tip. The barber owns the shop, I figure he knows what he needs to charge, why should I leave more? When the price is $XX.50, he always gives a 50 cent piece as change, never quarters.

Dale
Bunch of cheap azzes on the Fire.
My Grand daughter buzzes mine off and laughs the whole time, give her $10. She was just over 2 years old the first time she did it, the look on her face was priceless, can,t put a price on it. Grand baby #2 just turned 1 and next year the first one can show her little sister how to cut Papa's hair. Now that is a memory I'll take to the grave, sometimes it's the little things that mean the most.

Hahaha.
$20 including tip.

2 bucks? 🙂

Three if it's near Christmas.

Three if it's near Christmas.

Three bald marks?!? I’d pay more.😀
Nada my wife cut it!
My barber is actually the owner of the establishment. You're not even supposed to tip the owner, only employees.
Zero. I do my own.
Originally Posted by Dale K
$11 and I don't tip. The barber owns the shop, I figure he knows what he needs to charge, why should I leave more? When the price is $XX.50, he always gives a 50 cent piece as change, never quarters.

Dale

I'll agree, for the most part, with the not tipping of the owner. However, the way I see it anyways, for an employee, the price is for the service and the tip helps cover the booth rental.
My barber is actually the owner of the establishment. You're not even supposed to tip the owner, only employees.

So is mine. All good.
$22 because I have hair.
Sakoluvr: I have not paid for a haircut in over 45 (fourty five!) years!
My wife was a beautician during that time and owned her own beauty shop for more than 25 years.
I use the monies I save by having her cut my hair every couple weeks to buy guns with.
Sounds like I save about $500.00 a year nowadays.
YEE-HAW!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
My little barber shop in Sparks three chairs doesn't matter who i get.

Great haircut $14 + $6 dollar tip.

Also get to see the latest hunting trophy and Pyramid fish photos. Good times.
$16 + $5 tip here

Originally Posted by NVhntr

Must be a NV thing, we tip everyone.

Someone here on the 'fire mentioned tipping the garbage man, "That guy would haul off a roll of carpet with feet sticking out the end."
I'm one of the cheap bastages, I've cut my own for as long as I can remember. #1 guard in the summer, #2 in the winter to keep the frost off.
The two hair cuts I get per year cost me 15 dollars each.

Usually just pay 20.

Seems expensive but I have a very specific hair style that only a professional can produce.
Lol
$16 haircut, $4 tip. She refers to the bald spot on the back of my head as a: "Solar panel for a sex machine."
20.00 including tip.
I have not been in a barber shop in probably 20 years,
$21. Includes straight razor shave and beard trim
I cut my own hair and have for several years. I buzz it. Before that I got my hair cut once a month for $15 and tipped $5.
Wife does a great job on mine.
$15, plus $5 tip
$12 + $3

Bud Light on tap.
Originally Posted by lightning
$15, plus $5 tip

Same for me.
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr
I really like my barber. Small shop with 5 chairs and at least 3 barbers ready to give you a haircut. I get the same guy when I go. There's always a good conversation going and they are not shy showing what gun they are carrying that day. Basically a good old fashion shop that's been there a very long time.

Haircuts are 16 bucks and I just leave a 20. City price I guess.

What are you guys paying.
$13 for seniors, and I give him $15..
Originally Posted by rem141r
20 with tip

Yep
25 including tip
My wife cuts mine. zip
The girl that cuts my hair took over from the previous owner who'd passed away. She started out charging $12, and I'd always give her $15. Then she started dating and soon married a cop, and got on this damn cop and military craze, where she thought they were the coolest people in town. She changed the price of haircuts to $15 for regular folks like me, and $10 for LEO and military. Now, it wouldn't be so bad if she were a good barber, but she isn't and has botched a lot of guys hair. So, now I give her $15 and say that each time I go is my last. Unfortunately, she is the only barber in town, and I don't like making appointments, or waiting to get my hair cut.
$20 total...$16 for cut $4 tip.

Done in minutes.
$45 which includes tip
Originally Posted by seattlesetters
$45 which includes tip

You must go to the barber of the Hollywood stars.
Originally Posted by Starman

I don't pay myself anything to cut my own hair, but maybe I should start?

You read my mind and beat me to it. lol
I looked in the mirror a few years back and asked myself if this guy was worth spending $15 bucks on.
The first $15 bucks saved bought the tools.
Originally Posted by Jahrs
16.00 and I pay 25.00.

$20 +$10 tip

She must look good?

She does a great job I've known her for years I believe in tipping well for good service
Got one here yesterday at $14.00 and about the same back home, so a $20.00 bill covers things. Cost me $20..00 for a zip at a new place up north and I said to Sweetness that she could do that well or way better with the dog clipper and she does. Costs me a couple of kisses is all. The 8 year old from next door liked cutting hair so I let her practice on me because frankly my dear... and I don't have that much to work with to begin with. I think that there should be a sliding scale for us hair follicle challenged guys.
17.00 includes tip. Hasbeen
My shop is cash only.
I did pay $8 plus a $2 tip and handed her a ten dollar bill.

Then they went to $9 and I still handed over a ten.

Now they are $10 and last time I had no ones so she still got her ten.

I hate f**king with $1 bills but would have given her two of them if I had had them.
I take mine out to eat quite often.

She's also my best friend.......and wife.
Many of you know we are in the hair biz. Well I’m retired now, but wife still works, she gets $45 for a men’s cut and $70 for a woman’s

We are at pretty close to the end of the road here in AK in just a lil drink water town.

Our trade industry rag selects top 200 salons in the nation every year. Her salon has made it 3 times now.

Pretty proud of her and her staff.

She just sucks at picking husbands
Originally Posted by muleshoe
I take mine out to eat quite often.

She's also my best friend.......and wife.

Same here mule, but she doesn’t cut my hair, usually my daughter now. Costs me $100 every time, 🤦🏼‍♂️ Lil chit I still love her
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
My shop is cash only.

I hate f**king with $1 bills but would have given her two of them if I had had them.

Wow just wow
$15.00 with the tip. Good ol boys, they are. Lots of hunting and fishing talk in there. One is a big supporter of my Friends of NRA banquet.
I pay $25.00 plus a $5.00 tip to the same gal for 20+ years. I still have a lot of hair most often letting my hair grow way past due for a hair cut.
They charge 14. But I always get a straight razor on my neck and leave a 20.
My shop is cash only.

Wow just wow

Ozark prices.
I shave my head when I shave my face.. its been about 30 yrs now sience I paid $12.00 for a hair cut , would not give the Idiot a tip for a 5 min haircut.. he diden't like that .HAHAHA
My shop is cash only.

Wow just wow

Ozark prices.

$1 and no tip amazing
If the Truth were fully known, probably too much,
cut by my wife for the last 38 years. But the
appointment time is certainly a matter of
convenience.
$17 tip included!
20 dollars, including the tip.
I buy a new set of clippers every few years for 30-40 bucks but never tip Amazon unless paying for Prime counts. wink
Ann Landers told us many years ago, If a stylist is working for wages, or renting a chair, leave a tip. If the stylist owns the shop, do not.

Figure the same advice is good for barbers. When I stop in at Walmart and have the girls cut my hair, I pay $16 or $17 and leave a five dollar tip.

But I usually get my hair cut by an older gentleman in town near my employment. His Dad owned the shop, and now he does. He charges $11 (cash only) for a haircut and knocks one out about every six or seven minutes. Unless we stop to admire and talk about the gun in my pocket that day.

I have never seen anyone leave him a tip, He makes a pretty decent living.
$12.00 plus tip
There seems to be an inherent conflict between the shop owner and the other barbers. If the owner raises the price, a lot of customers won't put down any more money and so the cutter loses out. In my case they've gone from $14 to $16, and are now trying to go to $19. I've been leaving a $5 tip, and am not inclined to plunk down more than that same $21, so that will cut the tip to $2 for the woman who actually does the cutting.

Oh, that's for head and beard, but the head hair they just run over with shears.
Didn't read though all 6 pages yet, but did anyone else say:

WTF is a barbershop?

Haven't had a haircut since 79 or so, Cut my ponytail off back in Dec with my little pair of beard scissors. Beard gets trimmed "on occasion", maybe every 2-3 months. Ponytail is starting to grow back. If I don't die first, I hope someday to be able to braid it again.

I've saved a bunch of money over the years, looking at what some of you folks are paying for at the "hairdressers".

Geno
$15 for the cut, $5 for the tip. Excellent hair cut, plus she's my age and still hotter than three hells (to bad she is married to a friend of mine).
I sleep with my barber and get my hair cut in the kitchen. After she gets done giving me my every 10-days buzz cut, I thank her nicely and give her a little peck on the cheek if I'm feeling frisky. whistle
Originally Posted by LNF150
$15 for the cut, $5 for the tip. Excellent hair cut, plus she's my age and still hotter than three hells (to bad she is married to a friend of mine).

Do you tip 33% at restaurants, too?

I do, maybe more. it depends on the service. Ever work for tips? There’s enough cheapskates out there, some people help make up the difference.
25 with tip
$6,80 at the Cosmetology School here.

G23

For good attentive service, absolutely'

If you can not afford a decent tip for excellent wait staff, then you can not afford to be eating out.

Most waitresses are working for less than federal minimum wage, plus their tips. If you are stiffing them on tips, you're just another democrat.
Excellent restaurant service gets a 20% tip, and that's for service above and beyond. Ordinary, good, service gets 15%. Poor or discourteous service gets 10%.
Originally Posted by NVhntr

And whole bunch that throw around money for no reason.
Hawkeye you’re awful cheap for the resident jew hater.
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

If you can not afford a decent tip for excellent wait staff, then you can not afford to be eating out.

Most waitresses are working for less than federal minimum wage, plus their tips. If you are stiffing them on tips, you're just another democrat.

Do the math on the number of tables served per hour and that 33% tip pe table. They can be making lawyer salaries. Not throwing away money ain't being cheap. But it's your money, do as you will. I'd just rather they get the salary the owner pays it, charges what the meal is worth, and that's that. End all this tipping crapola.
Originally Posted by Gun_Geezer
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

Do the math on the number of tables served per hour and that 33% tip pe table. They can be making lawyer salaries. Not throwing away money ain't being cheap. But it's your money, do as you will. I'd just rather they get the salary the owner pays it, charges what the meal is worth, and that's that. End all this tipping crapola.

Exactly the problem, Pops. Very few tip that. Waitresses here make a touch over 2 bucks an hour, then we got cheapasses like you stiffing them. Get your [bleep] together.
$11 inclusing tip at the Navy Exchange barber shop.
Daughter and wife have each worked in restaurants. My daughter waited tables from the time she was sixteen until 36. She was an excellent waitress and VERY popular with her steady customers. She worked in a truckstop on I-84.

Anyway, her hourly wage was $5/hour plus tips. She often made $100/day in tips. Sometimes $200 on a busy Fri or Sat night. But that also had to be shared with a busser and the line cook.

So she actually grossed about $2400/month, working her ass off and making sure every customer had an absolutely wonderful experience.

If the restaurant were to include the tip in the price of the meal, it would have to include 13% FICA, 25% withholding, and Medicare. The price per plate would double, and half the clientele would go where it was optional to stiff the waitress.
My girlfriend's daughter started doing mine. Girlfriend does too if she's not available. But the trimmer was a piece of junk, so I broke down and just bought an Oster 76 plus several blades. Can't wait until they visit next.

Barbershop I went to talked about golf, and have seen him side with libs. That stopped this faucet.
I've been going to the same "cash only" barber for about 25 years. He gave my firefighter son his first haircut. He charges $8.00. He decided on his own to trim my beard. Didn't bother to ask, just started trimming, then added a razor cut at the neck line, and the hot towel. Said it needed done, and charged $9.00. Now he does it every 5 or 6 weeks, trims hair and beard, never bothers to ask what cut, he already knows. Still charging $9.00, but I always leave him a $10.00. He's fast, consistently good, and will not accept any more than $10.00. He calls me when he has mechanical issues that need fixed, or door or lock issues. I've worked on two of his houses, and his shop doors.
$25-30 for a great haircut four of five times a year is fine with me. Barbers need to make a living, too.
Haircuts 11 (Senior rate) I pay 20, leave the change as a tip.
I hit a place a few years ago where what little was left of my hair only made me uglier than I was totally bald,...so I just started buzzing it off with some clippers I bought at Walmart.

I never knew what a nuisance hair was until I decided to get rid of it.
Louis Flat Tops. 2 chairs, just Louis and his boy.

Charges $14 for a fade/ tapered cut. $12 for a buzz cut. I pay $14 and tip a $5 bill.

His haircuts ain’t all that. His son does a better job. Don’t care, I ain’t that vain, and it’s hard for me to look bad. laugh
"The Warden" cuts mine - I don't want to know the cost smile
When I quit my long-time barber, they were charging $11.50.
The last time I went, it took 1/2 an hour to get a parking spot, a 2 hour wait, and she took 40 minutes to cut the 6 hairs on my old, bald head!
While waiting, I figured out that she and her brother figured everyone deserved 40 minutes in the chair. I don't have time for that BS - so, bought clippers.
From the time "The Warden" agrees, I'm hitting the showers in 17 minutes - priceless!
I was already pretty damn bald on top when I was at the barber one day,...told him I wish I had enough on top to get a flat top like I used to wear when I was a kid.

He assured me that he could give me a flat top. I was a bit dubious but I told him to go ahead.

I went around looking like Dilbert's boss for a couple of days,..then buzzed my head. Been buzzing it off myself ever since.
Originally Posted by Gun_Geezer

This.
Originally Posted by widrahthaar
Hawkeye you’re awful cheap for the resident jew hater.

This.
smile
© 24hourcampfire