Home
Posted By: RoninPhx govt shutdown - 01/22/19
it could get interesting here in the near future. some of the snowflakes on a local forum i follow are opening discussing what happens if they can't get the free baby food and support from oz, such as the snap program.
I can understand the concern with feeding young ones, but still you would think there would be more self reliance.
discussing one of the old receipes with caro syrup, pet milk. and a couple of additives like a probiotic. guess caro syrup is bad for you these days. strange all of us made it to maturity.
Posted By: Swifty52 Re: govt shutdown - 01/22/19
Read where Food stamps and snap had just enough money for January benefits and maybe February after that nope, but by the title I was hoping that Trump had started the permanent layoffs since it’s been 30 days so reductions in force rules now apply. But saving 50 Billion bucks a month works too.
Posted By: slumlord Re: govt shutdown - 01/22/19
Will you be ok?
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: govt shutdown - 01/22/19
Ron, what you say isn't surprising at all.

If the SHTF, and govt permanently stopped feeding, housing and providing medical care free for folks, the dead would be in the millions in a short matter of days.
Posted By: hanco Re: govt shutdown - 01/22/19
Trump has dug his heels in. He knows we need a wall.
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: govt shutdown - 01/22/19
No democrats yet.
Posted By: centershot Re: govt shutdown - 01/22/19
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
it could get interesting here in the near future. some of the snowflakes on a local forum i follow are opening discussing what happens if they can't get the free baby food and support from oz, such as the snap program.
I can understand the concern with feeding young ones, but still you would think there would be more self reliance.
discussing one of the old receipes with caro syrup, pet milk. and a couple of additives like a probiotic. guess caro syrup is bad for you these days. strange all of us made it to maturity.

Maybe get a job? There are help wanted signs all over where I live.
Posted By: watch4bear Re: govt shutdown - 01/22/19
Originally Posted by hanco
Trump has dug his heels in. He knows we need a wall.

He knew people didn't need bump stocks also.
Posted By: Swifty52 Re: govt shutdown - 01/22/19
Get a job my backside. That’s a laugh. The company I retired from we had a host of em. Would always take voluntary go homes if the work wasn’t there. Or call in sick for two or three days go to the doc, get an excuse on our dime to keep their income down so as not to lose benefits. EBT is the greatest fubar as there is no shame to it. Plus there was a change under bam bam that if the spouse was undocumented than any income brought in wasn’t counted.
And yes slummer I will be just fine, not on the government tit. Never have been, never will be. But back in 73-74 when we didnt Have this sheit it seems that Lincoln and Omaha had a lot of dogs disappear for some odd reason. Some said it tasted pretty good cooked up in a wok.
Posted By: slowmover12 Re: govt shutdown - 01/22/19
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Ron, what you say isn't surprising at all.

If the SHTF, and govt permanently stopped feeding, housing and providing medical care free for folks, the dead would be in the millions in a short matter of days.

And the world would be a much better place!
Posted By: rainshot Re: govt shutdown - 01/22/19
pity
Posted By: TBREW401 Re: govt shutdown - 01/22/19
What?? There's a shutdown?
Posted By: Greyghost Re: govt shutdown - 01/23/19
Federal court system is dusting off a 12 year old plan to try and keep the courts functioning that was meant to be put in force if a Pandemic occurred and employees were unable to come into work.

Trying to keep everything functioning through video feed.

Phil
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: govt shutdown - 01/23/19
They going to work from home too?
Posted By: Big Stick Re: govt shutdown - 01/23/19
I went to get my Poaching Permit today from The forest Circus and saw "The Shutdown" sign on their front door...laughed and walked the fhuqk away.

Too funny!...................
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: govt shutdown - 01/23/19
Originally Posted by Greyghost
Federal court system is dusting off a 12 year old plan to try and keep the courts functioning that was meant to be put in force if a Pandemic occurred and employees were unable to come into work.

Trying to keep everything functioning through video feed.

Phil

Evidently, RBG is working from home...
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: govt shutdown - 01/23/19
Active duty Coast Guard members have been working for nearly a month without pay. This is creating some hardships for some of the junior personnel. I just went and bought a couple $100 gift cards to donate to the local station.
Posted By: krupp Re: govt shutdown - 01/23/19
The sun is shining and the birds are singing and I am still depriving a pack mule of his job. The tit is dry and it's too late for an abortion.

....if they are still taking taxes out of your paycheck, the government is not shut down.
Posted By: deflave Re: govt shutdown - 01/23/19
SS and welfare will not stop getting payment. Ever. Whoever says otherwise is lying.

IRS "slowdowns" are total bullschit too. They are operating at 100% and always will.
Posted By: steve4102 Re: govt shutdown - 01/23/19
Originally Posted by deflave
SS and welfare will not stop getting payment. Ever. Whoever says otherwise is lying.

IRS "slowdowns" are total bullschit too. They are operating at 100% and always will.

...and Welfare funds do not run ob Federal dollars alone. City, County and State monies are also part of the Free Giveaway to the worthless.

States will continue to fund their own Welfare systems and those on the dole will be just as fine and just as useless as they were before the shutdown.
Posted By: Swifty52 Re: govt shutdown - 01/23/19

Fu*k flave you know so much. Maybe

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...ry-no-promises-march-if-shutdown-n956451

Food stamps covered through February, but no promises for March if shutdown goes on

https://moneyandmarkets.com/food-stamp-gone-february-shutdown/

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2019/01/09/shutdown-may-halt-snap-food-program-after-february/
Posted By: ackleydave Re: govt shutdown - 01/23/19
I personally think that the Dems will eventually give Trump the wall but first the welfare has to run out causing riots in streets. That way they can cement their base by saying that he would rather have your children starve to get a wall. They will then run that hard during the next election. Dave
Posted By: Steelhead Re: govt shutdown - 01/23/19
Originally Posted by ackleydave
I personally think that the Dems will eventually give Trump the wall but first the welfare has to run out causing riots in streets. That way they can cement their base by saying that he would rather have your children starve to get a wall. They will then run that hard during the next election. Dave

I don't think it will 'run out', I also don't know how they can expect people to work for 3 months with no pay. That ain't gonna fly either.
Posted By: curdog4570 Re: govt shutdown - 01/23/19
One word... Ringman.
Posted By: GunReader Re: govt shutdown - 01/23/19

Sounds like a plan!
Originally Posted by Swifty52

Fu*k flave you know so much. Maybe

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...ry-no-promises-march-if-shutdown-n956451

Food stamps covered through February, but no promises for March if shutdown goes on

https://moneyandmarkets.com/food-stamp-gone-february-shutdown/

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2019/01/09/shutdown-may-halt-snap-food-program-after-february/

You'll believe anything.

Will never happen.
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by ackleydave

I don't think it will 'run out', I also don't know how they can expect people to work for 3 months with no pay. That ain't gonna fly either.

Pelos and Schumer also claim refunds will be delayed or not happen.

It's a lie.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: govt shutdown - 01/23/19

It's a lie.

That's too easy.

Everyfugginthing they say is a lie.
Posted By: JoeBob Re: govt shutdown - 01/23/19
On another board, someone said that the government has been firing lots of the lower level workers so that they could get unemployment with the plan to hire them back once it’s over. I don’t know if that is true, but it sounds like a wonderful way to stealthily cut some dead weight if it is.
Originally Posted by JoeBob
On another board, someone said that the government has been firing lots of the lower level workers so that they could get unemployment with the plan to hire them back once it’s over. I don’t know if that is true, but it sounds like a wonderful way to stealthily cut some dead weight if it is.

False.
Posted By: JoeBob Re: govt shutdown - 01/23/19

False.

I’m not trying to be argumentative but do you know that for certain?
Posted By: local_dirt Re: govt shutdown - 01/23/19

It's a lie.

That's too easy.

Everyfugginthing they say is a lie.

No schit. Thought I'd catch up on some news last night. Schumer's speech came on. Couldn't watch it after about 30 seconds. Switched to last episode of Peaky Blinders.
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: govt shutdown - 01/23/19

Pelos and Schumer have never told the truth.

False.

I’m not trying to be argumentative but do you know that for certain?

Yes.
© 24hourcampfire