Home
......per day according to the little Chinese vice minister on FOX. Opening trade deals that are supposed to be good for our farmers. I don’t speak Chinenglish very well but that’s what I thought I heard.

Start growing Jim Conrad, you got a big order to fill. 👍
Soybeans are like crack cocaine to the chinese in their food products.
Let them eat rice.
Originally Posted by renegade50
Soybeans are like crack cocaine to the chinese in their food products.

#Raffoutrowd
Least year was the 1st year I hadn't seen at least one field of corn around here. All beans
[Linked Image]
Yay. Lots of tofu!
Five million tons a day, not happening.
Was in the grain business at a major corporation, but got out of that in 2000. So I don’t recall the numbers entirely, but 5 million a day would exhaust the words total supply in a few weeks.
We should do away with the ethanol scam and covert those fields to soy bean fields.
Posted By: JOG Re: 5 million tons of soybeans... - 01/31/19
I didn't see the news segment, but exports to China might reach 1 billion bushes/year:

1 billion x 60 lbs/bushel = 60 billion lbs = 30 million tons

30 million tons / 365 days = 82,192 tons/day
Originally Posted by JOG
I didn't see the news segment, but exports to China might reach 1 billion bushes/year:

1 billion x 60 lbs/bushel = 60 billion lbs = 30 million tons

30 million tons / 365 days = 82,192 tons/day

What
That sounds a little unreal!
...Nearly 90% of the soybeans...China consumed last year came from overseas — more than 100 million tons in total.
Pigs eat soybeans, chinaman eats many, many pigs.
They should follow japans lead

https://www.foodrenegade.com/scientists-create-meat-out-of-feces/
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
We should do away with the ethanol scam and covert those fields to soy bean fields.

Yes!

AMEN.

But better they eat our soybeans than our dogs.
Oh schit!

So the the soybean guys could go broke too?
Originally Posted by FatCity67
[Linked Image]

This.
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Let them eat rice.

I'd rather they eat soybeans, lotsa soybeans.
Originally Posted by dale06
Five million tons a day, not happening.
Was in the grain business at a major corporation, but got out of that in 2000. So I don’t recall the numbers entirely, but 5 million a day would exhaust the words total supply in a few weeks.

5,000,000 tons/day sounds terribly high. Seems like American farmers planted somewhere around 90 million acres of beans last year. I think we'd be out in about 3-4 weeks.

I'm just a small farmer, but it takes me a year to raise 600 +/- tons here in sw Iowa.

How little you know about farming.
They grow lots of soy in Brazil. I was talking to a friend about things we send to China snd mentioned soy. He said they don't use much over there and challenged me to name one thing besides tofu. I said soy sauce. At my old job we shipped quite a bit of high end fertilizer to China. I always got good rates on shipping containers headed that way because so many empty ones needed to go back. The trade imbalance with China is unbelievably huge ans they've been laughing all the way to the bank. I don't know how we could ever get it close to balanced.

I was reading about the opium wars the other night. One thing I read said the Brits started running opium to China to get some of their silver back. They had 27% of the Male population in China hooked on opium at one point. Now the Chinese are making tons of fentanyl and sending it our way.

Bb
Originally Posted by watch4bear

The schit (no pun intended) you learn on this site is unreal......
© 24hourcampfire