Home
Posted By: WayneShaw Major League Fishing - 02/02/19
I was flipping through channels, came across a tournament bass fishing show. Several of the guys had some kind of wrap around their neck, face and back of the head. Looked like ANTIFA people. What's up with that?
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Major League Fishing - 02/02/19
keep the sun off , mostly light complicit folks. you spend a lot of time on the water skin cancer is a big concern.
Originally Posted by stxhunter
keep the sun off , mostly light complicit folks. you spend a lot of time on the water skin cancer is a big concern.
I don't think it only applies to light skinned people. A lifetime of sun exposure plays it's hand later on. Not much fun having stuff cut off your face from exposure 30 years ago. The dermatologists are making a killing on the seniors.
Originally Posted by champlain_islander
I don't think it only applies to light skinned people. A lifetime of sun exposure plays it's hand later on. Not much fun having stuff cut off your face from exposure 30 years ago. The dermatologists are making a killing on the seniors.

true
one of my best friends Geoff Austin runs this. Leighton and Docrocket have met him.
Posted By: dennisinaz Re: Major League Fishing - 02/02/19
All my buddy's that bass fish wear them. They can stay on the water longer
I am on the water or ice around 180 days a year. I always wear a wide brim hat in the summer along with that neck, face shield. Winter I wear a balaclava type covering for both warmth and sun protection.
Posted By: nemotheangler Re: Major League Fishing - 02/02/19
I get it, just can't stand it. I fish 40 days a year or more and see plenty of those things. I use a cowboy hat, Ray-bans, and a bandanna. Same idea, I just look way cooler. Next they are going to say chewing tobacco and whiskey are bad for me! grin
Posted By: AcesNeights Re: Major League Fishing - 02/02/19
Originally Posted by champlain_islander

Roger was talking about light complicit folks.....which is different from deeply complicit folks.....which is different from their complexions because talking ‘bout dats jus’raciss. 😂

JK....Roger is correct in that time on the water in the sun is a recipe for skin cancer. I don’t wear the scarf and rarely do I use sunscreen so I usually burn. In fact I’m just finishing peeling from Maui. 😁
Posted By: NVhntr Re: Major League Fishing - 02/02/19
Gets kinda sunny at Lake Mead. I upgraded my sun gear this summer.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: gunzo Re: Major League Fishing - 02/02/19
I've fished daily for 12 days strait around the Florida keys. In March, if a powder white Kentuckian doesn't cover up to nearly towel head or Mexican dress, you won't last 5 days. Likely 3.
Posted By: nemotheangler Re: Major League Fishing - 02/02/19
Originally Posted by nemotheangler
I get it, just can't stand it. I fish 40 days a year or more and see plenty of those things. I use a cowboy hat, Ray-bans, and a bandanna. Same idea, I just look way cooler. Next they are going to say chewing tobacco and whiskey are bad for me! grin

Originally Posted by NVhntr
Gets kinda sunny at Lake Mead. I upgraded my sun gear this summer.

[Linked Image]

Thanks for proving my point...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: deflave Re: Major League Fishing - 02/02/19
They are a constant here.

Anybody that works outside wears them also. And more than a few can be seen walking with them during the summer. I guess if everyone's gonna have a gun they might as well look like bandits too.
Posted By: 1minute Re: Major League Fishing - 02/02/19
I thought pro bass anglers carried so many sponsor labels that sun damage was near impossible.

I'd rather get out with this crew.

Attractive fishing partners link
Posted By: NVhntr Re: Major League Fishing - 02/03/19
Yeah, very fashionable.

For 1890.
Posted By: Mr_TooDogs Re: Major League Fishing - 02/03/19
Gotta get me some of them NASCAR type fishing shirts with all the logos..........

ISO TallyWacker decals fer the boat too..................
BTW, most of the girls in that link above have BIG hooters...............like to show them my Reef Hawg & TallyWacker!
BigRoundButt....BRB
Posted By: ltppowell Re: Major League Fishing - 02/03/19
I wish I had remembered one today, or at least to apply sunscreen. It was one of those overcast, 65° days when you don't even think about it. I can feel it now though.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Major League Fishing - 02/03/19
I'll get a little burnt beginning of summer but then tan up. the only thing that i got to be careful with is my feet they burn.
Posted By: WayneShaw Re: Major League Fishing - 02/03/19
Makes sense guys. Just looks odd.
Posted By: nemotheangler Re: Major League Fishing - 02/03/19
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Yeah, very fashionable.

For 1890.

grin
Posted By: LeroyBeans Re: Major League Fishing - 02/03/19
Originally Posted by WayneShaw
I was flipping through channels, came across a tournament bass fishing show. Several of the guys had some kind of wrap around their neck, face and back of the head. Looked like ANTIFA people. What's up with that?

Muslim pro fisherwomen. Scoping out their next terrorism event.
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Major League Fishing - 02/03/19
I'll get a little burnt beginning of summer but then tan up. the only thing that i got to be careful with is my feet they burn.

Learned that lesson.
The tops of the feet will fry, had never considered it before.
Haven't forgot.

Read a story once,

A guy wad flats fishing in Florida, sun protected to the max.

Except.

Wearing baggy swim trunks, and fishing off a platform cantaleverd off the bow.

Sun reflected off the water,

Up his shorts...............
Posted By: nemotheangler Re: Major League Fishing - 02/03/19
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck

Learned that lesson.
The tops of the feet will fry, had never considered it before.
Haven't forgot.

Read a story once,

A guy wad flats fishing in Florida, sun protected to the max.

Except.

Wearing baggy swim trunks, and fishing off a platform cantaleverd off the bow.

Sun reflected off the water,

Up his shorts...............

I've read or heard that somewheres...
Posted By: butchlambert1 Re: Major League Fishing - 02/03/19
Had some more spots "burned" frozen last Tuesday. Yes, black people get sunburned also.
Posted By: bh444 Re: Major League Fishing - 02/03/19
One of my fishing buddies is as black as the ace of spades.I'm 100% Irish.When we are out fishing in the sun he's the one using the sunscreen.That kills two myths right there.Blacks don't burn and whites are smarter.loI
I don't use the scarf but should,helps in the wind too.
Posted By: OkieDokie Re: Major League Fishing - 02/03/19
most of the girls in that link above have BIG hooters

You know, I just looked again, and you're right. I must have focused on the red fish, tarpon, and those whopper dolphin the first time I followed that link.

Remarkable powers of observation there.
© 24hourcampfire