Home
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/429525-lawmakers-reach-agreement-in-principle-to-avert-shutdown

Lawmakers said on Monday night that they had reached an agreement "in principle" to avoid a second partial government shutdown set to begin on Saturday.

“We’ve had a good evening. We’ve reached an agreement in principle,” Sen. Richard Shelby (R-Ala.) told reporters.
which means the swamp gets its way and the people get stretched
No details until Wednesday...
The word, principle, makes me want to laugh.

Let’s see what Trump decides is a deal.
That’s the senate not the house. There is no deal if the house isn’t on board. I’m betting on another shutdown.
The House was involved in this agreement, from the article.

The breakthrough came after Sens. Shelby (R-Ala.) and Patrick Leahy (D-Vt.) and Reps. Nita Lowey (D-N.Y.) and Kay Granger (R-Texas)—the top members of the Senate and House Appropriations Committee—met three times on Monday night in a last-ditch effort to get a deal.

Negotiators refused to discuss the particulars of the deal and Lowey said staff were still finalizing the details. Lowey said she hopes for legislation to be released on Wednesday.
ShutR Down.
Originally Posted by local_dirt
ShutR Down.

This^^^^

Win/win!!
A congressional source told The Hill that the bill will include $1.375 billion for physical barriers, the same amount included in the 2018 fiscal year bill. The tentative agreement, according to the source, also specifically prohibits the use of a concrete wall. But, senior Congressional aides separately noted that it will fund approximately 55 new miles of barriers along the U.S.-Mexico border in the Rio Grande Valley sector.
Ha. Very funny.
Originally Posted by Daveinjax
That’s the senate not the house. There is no deal if the house isn’t on board. I’m betting on another shutdown.

No way.
Originally Posted by Squidge
A congressional source told The Hill that the bill will include $1.375 billion for physical barriers, the same amount included in the 2018 fiscal year bill. The tentative agreement, according to the source, also specifically prohibits the use of a concrete wall. But, senior Congressional aides separately noted that it will fund approximately 55 new miles of barriers along the U.S.-Mexico border in the Rio Grande Valley sector.

lol, yeah a real win.
take some now, get some more later, get more after 2020, pretty soon you get it all. Just don't stop pushing.
Originally Posted by hatari
take some now, get some more later, get more after 2020, pretty soon you get it all. Just don't stop pushing.

We were offered 1.6 billion months ago, and turned it down ?
Originally Posted by Squidge

What a joke.
What would Lincoln do?
Originally Posted by watch4bear
What would Lincoln do?

Send Federal troops to invade and burn Texas?

Actually, according to his writings on disposition of the slaves, he would send the Mexicans back. (As long as it wasn't cost prohibitive).
Originally Posted by 86thecat
What would Lincoln do?

Send Federal troops to invade and burn Texas?

I think Watch4bear was thinking Polk, not Lincoln.
Trump says in spite of the deal, we are building the wall anyway
That is a joke cut wall money, cut bed money, cut ice money, cut border patrol money, and they think trump will sign it. The democrats lied to the government running for 3 weeks. I would not sign the bill.
Originally Posted by Oakster

That’s exactly how I’d like my president to speak.

Trump doesn't want to get curb-stomped again by Nancy Pelosi. He will accept ten yards of picket fence in exchange for not getting pimp-slapped again.

Enjoy the make believe wall.
Originally Posted by Toddly
Originally Posted by Oakster

That’s exactly how I’d like my president to speak.

Lol. laugh
I like the fact he said we are going to build the wall anyway. But democrats should pay for lying.
LMAO... That's what THEY want... Trump's not gonna sign THAT... But I don't think there'll be a shutdown... I think he'll declare a national emergency, build the wall, then tell Pelosi to stick it up her azz...
After the last 'shutdown'........... his approval numbers went UP!?!?!?!?

Just start the emergency building............
Just build the wall. Funded or not. Congress is playing politics, and has no intention of doing anything to stem the flow of illegals.

He should declare a national emergency and build a wall, deport all persons who are here illegally, and while he's at it, deport Pelosi and every Democrat in Washington as well.
Originally Posted by Bwana_1

We were offered 1.6 billion months ago, and turned it down ?

6 months ago the GOP and Paul Ryan ran the House. We should have expected a better deal of them. Now that we have Pelosi to deal with, it's a different ballgame.
Don't get me wrong, I want to fund the whole thing asap, but piecemeal works over time as long you stay on task and don't drop the subject. The Dems have proven that over the years.

Take the deal, the year is almost half over, build the wall, repeat next year. Nobody wins in a shutdown. He's not going to get full funding, take this, go, repeat next year.
I've been watching House of Cards the past few weeks. Only on season 3 at the moment

Seems like some of what Trump does has already happened in that show

The last episode I watched, Underwood (the president) raided $3.3b in FEMA money by declaring a national emergency for a jobs program he wanted stating that people starving and committing crimes was a national emergency and as president he had power to enact it

Congress in a bipartisan effort immediately tried to stop him by writing a bill that would define what was and wasn't a national emergency
The Fart of the Deal.
Originally Posted by RollingThunder

Back in 1978 Coach Lynn Ray told us we needed to back off the undergrads when ^%^&* nearly choked to death on loads from blowing the offensive line on the bus coming home from our playoff game against South Warren (Bowling Green).

Our team would be put in jail for the ritual we put people through back in the day.

When I played football for Covington Catholic (Park Hills) in Kentucky we used to make plebes like ^%^&* lick our balls in the shower as a rite of passage. Most of the plebes hated it like hell but guys like ^%^&* pretended to hate it but actually got hard while doing it.

This!
Take a little now, get more later sounds familiar. It's what's screwed the Conservatives for years, because we never get the "more."
Originally Posted by 280shooter

Back in 1978 Coach Lynn Ray told us we needed to back off the undergrads when ^%^&* nearly choked to death on loads from blowing the offensive line on the bus coming home from our playoff game against South Warren (Bowling Green).

Our team would be put in jail for the ritual we put people through back in the day.

When I played football for Covington Catholic (Park Hills) in Kentucky we used to make plebes like ^%^&* lick our balls in the shower as a rite of passage. Most of the plebes hated it like hell but guys like ^%^&* pretended to hate it but actually got hard while doing it.

Makes you wonder what Rolling Thunder just admitted to doing Before he was on "the team"..
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Take a little now, get more later sounds familiar. It's what's screwed the Conservatives for years, because we never get the "more."
EXACTLY!!

Nope.. Now - or never... Time to stick the wall right up Pelosi's azz... This can's been kicked down the road so often it's gone coast to coast - and BACK! ENOUGH!
Some things in the "deal" are things Trump has said he would not support period so it is up to McConnell to squash it. Trump is going to have to declare the emergency and build the wall without congress. Voters fixed that in stone the last election. We won't be getting anything from the house for the next two years. As for the continuing resolutions; they're here to stay. we couldn't get a funding bill with Paul Ryan as speaker and a majority and we sure as hell won't with Pelosi and her majority of twits.

Trump doesn't want to get curb-stomped again by Nancy Pelosi. He will accept ten yards of picket fence in exchange for not getting pimp-slapped again.

He's NEVER been curb-stomped by Nancy Pelosi, or any dumocrat, for that matter. You're just too phugking stupid to realize that. Your entire political education consists of cnn and msnbc, after which you come over here to blather and make a complete phugking moron of yourself.

Do carry on. It's at least entertaining.

Trump gets a 1.3 billion down payment now and goes back in eight months, October, for a second payment.
Starts moving serious money from other programs to the border. This will get easier as 2020 voters see the wall is working just as the experts said it would.
Nancy is playing chess, DJT is playing with himself.
Originally Posted by Redneck
EXACTLY!!

Nope.. Now - or never... Time to stick the wall right up Pelosi's azz... This can's been kicked down the road so often it's gone coast to coast - and BACK! ENOUGH!

It's not about sticking anything up Pelosi's azz, it's about doing what is good for this country.
He gave his speech and his popularity went back up

Clearly the answer isn't shutting down government, its taking charge and just doing what needs to be done, anyway he can get it done - and not giving a flying phug about what Pelosi OR McConnel thinks about it.

I was reading a story where Riebus and Ryan told Trump to drop out for the good of the country after that grab 'em by the ...... tape came out.

Listen to the people, not the career politicians Trump - its what got you the presidency in the first place.
curb stomping is what I'd like to do those son of a bitches waving Mexican flags at Beto's rally in El Paso
Originally Posted by Steelhead
EXACTLY!!

It's not about sticking anything up Pelosi's azz, it's about doing what is good for this country.
No chit, Sherlock...
Originally Posted by tankerjockey

Makes you wonder what Rolling Thunder just admitted to doing Before he was on "the team"..

These are just the preferences that he has publicly admitted. Maybe he was trolling and hoping?
Originally Posted by Steelhead
EXACTLY!!

No chit, Sherlock...

Well it sure ain't apparent from you. Who cares about tit for tat.

Trump would be a fool to not sign this, the public (in general) does not have the appetite for another shutdown, he gets funding, some of it, which D's have said "not one cent" all along. There is more money for other aspects of border security, which this is supposedly all about.

Take the money, spend it on the wall, ask for another piece/rest of it in the next budget cycle.

No, they screwed themselves because they took a little and then dropped the subject. They never keep up the pressure. They remained satisfied that they got "something". "Something" for them was the finish, not the beginning. Big difference. GOP got "satisfied" with something. Dems never stop pushing, be it gun control or abortion or whatever. They never get satisfied.
Nope Veto it and then shut the government down again. Make all those corksucker repukes try to override the veto.

Politically no better time to do it.
I heard the propaganda box talking about how bad the shutdown was. But I never met a soul that gave a damn about it.
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I heard the propaganda box talking about how bad the shutdown was. But I never met a soul that gave a damn about it.

Plenty bitching about it here.
The only question for me is,.."What will politically benefit Trump more?"

I don't think another shutdown will hurt Trump politically as much as allowing the Communists to force him to compromise will.

The wall is his key issue. The Communists know that they have to shut it down in order to have a chance in 2020.
Just build the wall. Funded or not. Congress is playing politics, and has no intention of doing anything to stem the flow of illegals.

He should declare a national emergency and build a wall, deport all persons who are here illegally, and while he's at it, deport Pelosi and every Democrat in Washington as well.

No joke. The only way to get the DEMs to negotiate anything is have ICE ramp up deportations and not just deport convicted criminals. Im talking ramp up the wall building through executive order and start deporting any and everybody here illegally and get it all over the news. The DEMs get nothing that way...

I don't think another shutdown will hurt Trump politically as much as allowing the Communists to force him to compromise will.

The wall is his key issue. The Communists know that they have to shut it down in order to have a chance in 2020.

Good points. The Dems clearly don't care about the country's best interest, at least in this situation. They will keep opposing wall funding simply because they think it hurts Trump.

Frankly, I don't see any downside to Trump in not shutting down the government, but also coming up with a severely controlled budget, plus declaring an emergency . He gave them their chance. Now he should lower the boom.

After all, I am reading that W and O each declared multiple emergencies for far more trivial matters.
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

People should learn not to use words they don't know the meaning to, particularly politicians..........
Another way of saying we shafted the American people again dickweeds.
Stomp all over their principle.
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by Daveinjax

No way.

I’d be shocked if there is another shutdown. Trump blinked and they knew it.

The original $5 B number was “some” no where near “all”.

The Pres mishandled this and no, that doesn’t mean that I won’t vote for him. It just means that voting for and supporting someone sometimes means offering critical feedback. And yes I’ve contacted the Whitehouse to voice my disappointment.
Schumer says funding for border wall will never pass, 'not today, not next week, not next year'

Pelosi: No wall money, period. Trump: 'Stop playing political games!'

But Trump caved. Got it. Looks like compromise.

This is what confounds me; why he capitulated in the first round.

Shoulda been down on the border daily talking about how soft Ds are on natl security.
Schumer says funding for border wall will never pass, 'not today, not next week, not next year'

Pelosi: No wall money, period. Trump: 'Stop playing political games!'

But Trump caved. Got it. Looks like compromise.

Where are the mind melders? We needs to know whats going on with the band aid.

[Linked Image]
Trump, the Senate, the House, and every other swinging dick in Washington is doing nothing but kicking the can down the road on the wall and illegal immigration.

I could care less who's toes get stepped on, or who's feelings get hurt. or who comes out the winner. WE...the American people deserve better.
Trump accepts the deal, he wins in 2020.

Trump vetoes the deal, shuts down the government again, he loses in 2020.
Originally Posted by Kimber7man

He promised a wall, there will be no wall, he promised Mexico would pay, they will not pay.

Piss poor showing from everyone involved. D's and R's alike.

The deal includes $1.375 billion for 55 miles of fences along the border, compared with $5.7 billion Trump had sought for more than 200 miles of walls.
Lots of commie trolls and pussies on here. It is gonna shut down and a national emergency will be declared and the wall will be built. It will be fast tracked through the courts, and while that is going on Piglosi will cave and so will Schumer, to open it up. As in, the funding will come from Congress. 5B is a lot less than he can pull from other sources.
Originally Posted by Kimber7man

I do not agree...

If he refuses to deal and starts building the wall with DOJ money, tells them he is not kidding the Ds will get nothing. The wall building will be advanced. All Trump supporters will be behind him. Ds will have to accept the fact they lost.

If he folds he loses a lot of support.
He will sign, he caved.
Originally Posted by bigfish9684
Lots of commie trolls and pussies on here. It is gonna shut down and a national emergency will be declared and the wall will be built. It will be fast tracked through the courts, and while that is going on Piglosi will cave and so will Schumer, to open it up. As in, the funding will come from Congress. 5B is a lot less than he can pull from other sources.

Where you gonna move to when THIS prediction turns out to be wrong?
Originally Posted by curdog4570

I thought you would be praising Beto again instead of attacking Trump supporters

More name calling of course.
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

People should learn not to use words they don't know the meaning to, particularly politicians..........

Similar to seeing these bastards sitting in committees and name tags with the word “Honorable “ in front of their names. Makes you wanna puke.

Don't know. Where in your little mind do you think? You ain't charging me any rent. I never said I was moving anywhere, except back to the midwest. And I did it. Take your tube sockpuppet callnumbnutz and put her to good use with your internet connection.
Originally Posted by callnum

More name calling of course.

Sure, I can move to that place, you [bleep].

Ji zzrag
There is a large amount of support from the public for a wall. I think building it is in Trump's and America's best interest.
he will sign, he has to, he's already been making the noise to show he's ready for a deal, he's changed his tune recently and now he's saying "we're already building it" and "finish the wall", he's even calling it barrier not wall.

IF this passes house and senate, then he will sign, to not sign shows he is the obstructionist. Another shutdown, despite what people on here say, effects the same Americans we are protecting. If you didn't see effects of it, good, but I have friends who worked without pay, savings was being used, but there's only so long that goes on, it matters.

Take the money, extend the wall, get more later. I don't see Trump as the guy who stops with "some". He will keep pushing, pushing it to the front.

If he vetoes and declares a national emergency, I think he loses in 2020. That will be spun as obstruction and dictatorial and un-American. MSM will be all over it and the D's will all pounce all 2938489843 of their candidates. It will take the focus off them and onto Trump. Not a good plan.
Originally Posted by Bob_H_in_NH
he will sign, he has to, he's already been making the noise to show he's ready for a deal, he's changed his tune recently and now he's saying "we're already building it" and "finish the wall", he's even calling it barrier not wall.

IF this passes house and senate, then he will sign, to not sign shows he is the obstructionist. Another shutdown, despite what people on here say, effects the same Americans we are protecting. If you didn't see effects of it, good, but I have friends who worked without pay, savings was being used, but there's only so long that goes on, it matters.

Take the money, extend the wall, get more later. I don't see Trump as the guy who stops with "some". He will keep pushing, pushing it to the front.

If he vetoes and declares a national emergency, I think he loses in 2020. That will be spun as obstruction and dictatorial and un-American. MSM will be all over it and the D's will all pounce all 2938489843 of their candidates. It will take the focus off them and onto Trump. Not a good plan.

This is why team R always loses. They do what you just spelled out.

^^This^^
Has turtle head McConnell reneged on not voting on a bill Trump won't sign? Not to my knowledge. If Mitch holds, this joke of a bill won't get a vote in the senate.
Originally Posted by FatCity67

Plenty bitching about it here.

Yet you'll not suffer in the least to move from your shiethole.

Lots of bitching about the border too, but I don't see no illegals around here.
He will get no more money this year if he signs it.

So you're saying she is off the bus?

Thought y'all were tired of winning?
I wonder if he would cave on the wall funding to try to get some "good will" from Pelosi and friends on his trade deals passing through Congress? That's the next battle coming and it is going to get ugly....The DEMS know that will be a huge win for him, even bigger than getting the Wall done...Billions of dollars at stake...

What the freak were the Republican controlled House and Senate doing the last 2 years? The 2 biggest issues Trump ran on and won were Trade and the Wall, and they are still outstanding. Now the freaking DEMs can stall both of them. This is why (R's) always lose. The infighting over stupid [bleep] between Rhinos and ultra Conservatives...We could have had 25 billion dollars plus worth of wall by simply giving the DACA kids amnesty, but the freaking ultra Conservatives wouldnt have that...They wanted nothing resembling amnesty...Now you will be lucky to get a barbwire fence you dumb idiots...
Originally Posted by callnum

Thought y'all were tired of winning?

Nah, it has only been 2 years. 6 more for sure. Cur, you should really stick to one screen name. You don't sockpuppet well.
Originally Posted by Rockymtnhigh
I wonder if he would cave on the wall funding to try to get some "good will" from Pelosi and friends on his trade deals passing through Congress? That's the next battle coming and it is going to get ugly....The DEMS know that will be a huge win for him, even bigger than getting the Wall done...Billions of dollars at stake...

What the freak were the Republican controlled House and Senate doing the last 2 years? The 2 biggest issues Trump ran on and won were Trade and the Wall, and they are still outstanding. Now the freaking DEMs can stall both of them. This is why (R's) always lose. The infighting over stupid [bleep] between Rhinos and ultra Conservatives...We could have had 25 billion dollars plus worth of wall by simply giving the DACA kids amnesty, but the freaking ultra Conservatives wouldnt have that...They wanted nothing resembling amnesty...Now you will be lucky to get a barbwire fence you dumb idiots...

God you just don't get it. There will be no good will from team commie in Congress, nor from the cuck side of team R.
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2019/02/12/mcconnell-i-hope-trump-signs-immigration-deal/

I think this is the play.

God you just don't get it. There will be no good will from team commie in Congress, nor from the cuck side of team R.

Which side of team 'R' are we supposed to root for? The dumb ultra conservative, "it's my way or the highway", never gets any crap done Republican? ..Or, the dumber Rhino Republican that is a somewhat closet Democrat? ...Seems like the party is lost at this point. They arent smart enough to negotiate, and come together as one team so they are getting their arses handed to them by the DEMs...

They had opportunities to get a lot of what they wanted in the past but pissed it away over infighting and hatred of Trump...

The DACA amnesty would have been a huge winner for Republicans. Something they could say the DEMs and Obama couldn't get done, and something that would have appealed to the hispanic population. The fastest growing and mostly conservative population in the country...It would have been a huge win to sway hispanic votes to the R side. They were too stupid to see this?

Which side of team 'R' are we supposed to root for? The dumb ultra conservative, "it's my way or the highway", never gets any crap done Republican? ..Or, the dumber Rhino Republican that is a somewhat closet Democrat? ...Seems like the party is lost at this point. They arent smart enough to negotiate, and come together as one team so they are getting their arses handed to them by the DEMs...

They had opportunities to get a lot of what they wanted in the past but pissed it away over infighting and hatred of Trump...

The DACA amnesty would have been a huge winner for Republicans. Something they could say the DEMs and Obama couldn't get done, and something that would have appealed to the hispanic population. The fastest growing and mostly conservative population in the country...It would have been a huge win to sway hispanic votes to the R side. They were too stupid to see this?

So the R's are to blame for the commies rejecting trump's DACA deal? That is some brilliant logic. I hope you don't vote.
IF this passes house and senate, then he will sign, to not sign shows he is the obstructionist. Another shutdown, despite what people on here say, effects the same Americans we are protecting. If you didn't see effects of it, good, but I have friends who worked without pay, savings was being used, but there's only so long that goes on, it matters..

I guess you missed the part where they get back pay. Something the private sector does not get.

So the R's are to blame for the commies rejecting trump's DACA deal? That is some brilliant logic. I hope you don't vote.

I hope you don't vote because apparently you haven't seen the previous 2 immigration proposals that the Republicans snuffed out...That is what I'm talking about, not the latest failed desperate attempt at DACA amnesty by Trump.

In the previous 2 proposals there was billions of dollars for an actual Wall. Not a barrier or fence but a "WALL". 23 billion dollars to be exact...One of them was snuffed in June, 2018 just because the freedom Caucus (ultra Conservafives) had Ryan by the balls, and they didnt want amnesty for DACA kids...Now we are in the middle of this current circus because of that and the D's are kicking the R's arses again....You'd think the Republicans outside of Trump would eventually learn how to win...

Here is an article about what im talking about -

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...ostpone-vote-immigration-bill/722127002/

[Linked Image]

"Spock, I've just had a vision of our country with Hillary as President!!"

Ringman, yes, they get back pay, but they have to live that long. Some can, for a long time, some can't, some in between. My friends (ATC) were ok, but if a shutdown keeps going, they keep working and not getting paid. Savings shrinks. How long can you go on working without pay?

If this is signed, I'd consider it a win. I personally don't care for "Team R" or "Team D", I care about what's right for team USA and both R/D only care about them. With Trump in office I am finding myself mostly siding with "Team R", this is a win, money for the wall when Pelosi said "never", we don't shutdown the government again and we can move on to other issues with the money allocated to the wall is spent to build some of the wall.

Trump will be asking for more later, but it's time to move to the next thing. Wall/Immigration is only one issue we hired Trump to fix.
© 24hourcampfire