Home
Posted By: Steelhead Getting Sporty - 02/22/19
Yesterday about this time. River has come up 3 feet since then and as of now we still have another 5-6 feet to go.

[Linked Image]

This morning, a restaurant down river about 7 miles.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: logger Re: Getting Sporty - 02/22/19
They're forecasting an atmospheric river event to hit here next week, but nothing like that. We'll have some flooding as the heavy rain combines with melted snow. It hopefully will help to mitigate our current drought and help lessen the upcoming fire season.
Posted By: Cariboujack Re: Getting Sporty - 02/22/19
I hope you don't get flooded. I can't imagine, what a horrible situation that is for people just trying to live. We have so much snow in the mountains they are talking about flooding here, but I don't see that effecting us personally. Stay safe, be prepared to leave.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Getting Sporty - 02/22/19
Damn, You're going to be an island again arn't you.
Posted By: Morewood Re: Getting Sporty - 02/22/19
Better untie your boat from the trailer and tie it to a tree.
Posted By: hanco Re: Getting Sporty - 02/22/19
Wow.
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Getting Sporty - 02/22/19
One of the floating rafts of fire ants I saw a few minutes ago.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: 2legit2quit Re: Getting Sporty - 02/22/19
Good luck. Hopin you folks stay dry
Originally Posted by Cariboujack
I hope you don't get flooded. I can't imagine, what a horrible situation that is for people just trying to live. We have so much snow in the mountains they are talking about flooding here, but I don't see that effecting us personally. Stay safe, be prepared to leave.

Thanks, we should be good to go. It has 5 more feet to go till crest and another 20 to get to the house.

We have 3 ways of egress from here, 2 are flooded out, the remaining route should stay open.
Posted By: TNrifleman Re: Getting Sporty - 02/22/19
Keep your powder dry!
Posted By: Batchief909 Re: Getting Sporty - 02/22/19
Good luck Scott! Stay safe!
Posted By: MontanaMarine Re: Getting Sporty - 02/22/19
Damn, that looks awful.

I really like that we are on a hilltop, 200 ft above the river (Missouri River).

We catch the full-value wind, but thankfully flooding is not a concern.
Posted By: Raeford Re: Getting Sporty - 02/22/19
Heading to E.Tenn in an hour or two. Spoke to a owner a little bit ago, said the lower end of our neighborhood has some water flowing in yards but from 4 doors below me to the river all of the houses are on 7' pylons. There is a swale for backed up water 2 doors down from mine and it is starting to hold some water.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Getting Sporty - 02/22/19
Originally Posted by Steelhead
One of the floating rafts of fire ants I saw a few minutes ago.

[Linked Image]

i had one of those hit me while i was wading running a trot line..... no fun, found out how long i could hold my breath.
Posted By: David_Walter Re: Getting Sporty - 02/23/19
Good luck Scott.
Posted By: Old_Toot Re: Getting Sporty - 02/23/19
Won’t help you folks too much if at all but the Corp is opening Bonnet Carre spillway next week. Morganza is on hold and they’ve maxed out the outflow at the Old River lock structures in Concordia. Sumbitch is starting to look like 2016 all over again.

Keep y’all’s head above water, Steelie.
Posted By: memtb Re: Getting Sporty - 02/23/19
Isn’t it a little early to be seeing these levels on the river? I hope my cousin doesn’t lose his camp.....again! Bonnet Carre won’t get him, but if they open up Morganza.....it may get ugly!

Scott, I wish you the best....stay high and dry! memtb
Posted By: Old_Toot Re: Getting Sporty - 02/23/19
Originally Posted by memtb
Isn’t it a little early to be seeing these levels on the river? I hope my cousin doesn’t lose his camp.....again! Bonnet Carre won’t get him, but if they open up Morganza.....it may get ugly!

Scott, I wish you the best....stay high and dry! memtb

It is early , February, what is typically seen in May +- and then at this present level in what is considered a ‘high water year ‘.
Posted By: fuzzytail Re: Getting Sporty - 02/23/19
I missed being flooded by our last to Hurricanes by 1 foot and 26"on last one. It is a tough experience. Stay safe on good luck.
Posted By: mmgravy Re: Getting Sporty - 02/23/19
Ouch!!

Stay safe and dry Scott....
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: Getting Sporty - 02/23/19
Whole lotta a rain here as well. Still have tonight and tomorrow before it looks like a break. We're in no danger on the mountain (aside from trees falling in the soaked ground) but the valley's are catching the rain plus the run off.....TVA has been about as great as a gov agency can be in what they've accomplished. Dams are saving a whole lot of property right now. Of course they are run like a corporation so that makes a difference in how efficient they are.

Hope it stops well short of y'all Scott.
Posted By: blanket Re: Getting Sporty - 02/23/19
Good Luck Scott, us Yankees will be sending a lot more water south before it freezes again Sunday
Posted By: wilkeshunter Re: Getting Sporty - 02/23/19
Every creek and every river between the Atlantic Ocean and central Arkansas is full or flooded. I have never seen anything like this, as we have more rain coming. Best wishes to you all in flood threatened areas.
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: Getting Sporty - 02/23/19
We've gotten 4.7" in the last 2 days. That's not a whole lot, considering the scope of things, but it doesn't help anyone south of us either. The water that falls here, goes into the Ouachita that feeds the Black, and the Black runs into the Red, just above the Old River Structure.
Posted By: Nebraska Re: Getting Sporty - 02/23/19
Not good....hope all turns out well for you guys.
Posted By: Jamie Re: Getting Sporty - 02/23/19
Stay dry Scott.
Posted By: mark shubert Re: Getting Sporty - 02/23/19
I wish you folks would quit hogging the water!
But, seriously - prayers, best wishes, and an admonition to be safe - to all of you!
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: Getting Sporty - 02/23/19
Spring is not here yet. That is when Arkansas gets a lot of rain. Sand bag up and get ready. Good luck.
Posted By: Seafire Re: Getting Sporty - 02/23/19
Best of luck Scott...hope your family and property stay safe and miss all the potential destruction...

lotta potential here, but I think we will be okay unless it turns for the worst...

if it does, I sure hope all of our dope smoking tree huggers, loose all of their dope crop...
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Getting Sporty - 02/23/19
Lots of stories so far, but so far, so good.

A whole bunch of people running around in boats trying to find a barking dog in the flooded stuff. They got him.
Posted By: gophergunner Re: Getting Sporty - 02/23/19
I'm sure I don't need to tell you to be careful man, but with only one path of egress, please watch that route closely so you don't get trapped sir. I hope you have all your valuable stuff in the lower levels of the house and other buildings up a level or two and secured. Looks like a rough few days ahead of you. Be careful.
© 24hourcampfire