Home
Posted By: 1Longbow Anyone remember? - 03/03/19
Anyone remember that coffee that you put in a percolator,that looked like donuts? The coffee came packed in its own filter and you slid it over the pipe in the basket of the percolator. Are they still being made? Thanks
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Anyone remember? - 03/03/19
That's new to me.
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: Anyone remember? - 03/03/19
Yup remember my grandparents and parents using them. Still have a percolator. Haven't used it since the late 1980's though.

Wife even remembered the name

[Linked Image]
Posted By: slumlord Re: Anyone remember? - 03/03/19
Didnt Sanka cause cancer?
Posted By: fester Re: Anyone remember? - 03/03/19
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Yup remember my grandparents and parents using them. Still have a percolator. Haven't used it since the late 1980's though.

Cowboy coffee?
Posted By: Reloder28 Re: Anyone remember? - 03/03/19
I remember those doughnuts.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Anyone remember? - 03/03/19
A friend wanted a percolator. Without spending a lot of money, they are hard to find. Then I found two within a month.

He has a gas stove, and Ontario One has planned outages every so often.
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: Anyone remember? - 03/03/19
Originally Posted by fester
Originally Posted by FatCity67

Cowboy coffee?

Corningware electric perk is what I was referring to.

I have a camp perk pot though.
Posted By: ol_mike Re: Anyone remember? - 03/03/19
Originally Posted by slumlord
Didnt Sanka cause cancer?

Noh it was Nescaface .
Posted By: joken2 Re: Anyone remember? - 03/03/19

We've used the prepackaged in filter percolator coffee inside back in our early years of marriage. Wife collects old metal stove top percolator coffee pots and has several in different styles and sizes.

What we called "Cowboy" coffee was a palm full or so of coffee grounds just thrown lose into the pot and brought to a boil for a couple of minutes, let set for a few more minutes to let some of the grounds settle to the bottom of the pot, then drank. Back in the day a lot of country folks would pour a little bit of coffee at a time out of their cup into a saucer to let it cool a enough to drink then sip it from the saucer. Less coffee grounds wound up in your mouth sipping it from the saucer, too.
© 24hourcampfire