Home
Posted By: Jahrs Christians on the fire - 03/08/19
I can’t help but notice that a good amount of Christians here who quote Scripture and talk of God, as if they know Him in certain Christian/Bible related threads, then in other threads, they’ll talk about drinking, bashing others, cussing like a sailor etc.
Being a Christian doesn’t mean that you are forgiven and then can go and act the fool once you’ve asked for forgiveness. I’ve been there before and there comes a time that you must get off of the fence.
Just an observation
Posted By: Gun_Geezer Re: Christians on the fire - 03/08/19
No argument from me. I'm a poor example to follow and I don't do a very good job of following Him. Guilty as charged.

But, I'll wake up tomorrow and try to live another day and likely fail again.
Posted By: deflave Re: Christians on the fire - 03/08/19
Christians are hilarious.
Posted By: jwp475 Re: Christians on the fire - 03/08/19
Originally Posted by deflave

You are hilarious
Posted By: efw Re: Christians on the fire - 03/08/19
Originally Posted by jwp475

You are hilarious

That’s cuz he’s born again.
Posted By: wageslave Re: Christians on the fire - 03/08/19
Originally Posted by Jahrs

Being a Christian doesn’t mean that you are forgiven and then can go and act the fool once you’ve asked for forgiveness.

Technically,
yes it does.
Unless you think you are worthy
or
A "Christians" sin isn't "as bad" as a non's.

Just my observation.....

Peace.
Posted By: 86thecat Re: Christians on the fire - 03/08/19
Seems to be an inverse relationship between bragging about being a Christian and being Christian.
Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by jwp475

You are hilarious

That’s cuz he’s born again.

And schit faced!
Were you taking seconds at communion again?
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Christians on the fire - 03/08/19
I can’t help but notice that a good amount of Christians here who quote Scripture and talk of God, as if they know Him in certain Christian/Bible related threads, then in other threads, they’ll talk about drinking, bashing others, cussing like a sailor etc.
Being a Christian doesn’t mean that you are forgiven and then can go and act the fool once you’ve asked for forgiveness. I’ve been there before and there comes a time that you must get off of the fence.
Just an observation

Are you Christian?
Posted By: huntinaz Re: Christians on the fire - 03/08/19
I thought drinking and bashing others were facets of Christianity? And good luck bashing someone without swear words. I've been effectively swearing at people since at least third grade.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Christians on the fire - 03/08/19
I am an Eskimo-ish..and Eskimos aint Christian.

Well, thats not how it went but he did tell me that Catholics aint Christians.
"Are you Christian?"

Yes.
One of the worst.
I told a cop that I was Jewish one time.

He had me for DUI and I said that we Jews often partake in wine at dinner time.

The things you come up with at 15 eh?
Posted By: Jahrs Re: Christians on the fire - 03/08/19
I am and I don’t see the freedom in living the way some do here.
Posted By: LeroyBeans Re: Christians on the fire - 03/08/19
Just an observation

What you haven't noticed yet is that 24hr is a place that valued hypocrisy above all else. So what you see as a conundrum is, in fact, the norm and a highly valued trait.
Just an observation

This is by no means limited to Christians, nor to member of The Fire.
Posted By: 16bore Re: Christians on the fire - 03/08/19
Whether you swear or murder, sin is sin.
I'd love to see this worthless POS get hit by a bus
[Linked Image]
HaHa, you crazy southern canookers.....

I carry a collar....

It has come in handy in multiple situations....

Father Vinny
This chapter makes a lot of sense to me and is how I see it.
Romans chapter 6

“What shall we say then? Are we to continue in sin that grace may abound? By no means! How can we who died to sin still live in it? Do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? We were buried therefore with him by baptism into death, in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might walk in newness of life. For if we have been united with him in a death like his, we shall certainly be united with him in a resurrection like his. We know that our old self was crucified with him in order that the body of sin might be brought to nothing, so that we would no longer be enslaved to sin.

Now if we have died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with him. We know that Christ, being raised from the dead, will never die again; death no longer has dominion over him. For the death he died he died to sin, once for all, but the life he lives he lives to God. So you also must consider yourselves dead to sin and alive to God in Christ Jesus. Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, to make you obey its passions. Do not present your members to sin as instruments for unrighteousness, but present yourselves to God as those who have been brought from death to life, and your members to God as instruments for righteousness. For sin will have no dominion over you, since you are not under law but under grace. What then? Are we to sin because we are not under law but under grace? By no means! Do you not know that if you present yourselves to anyone as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one whom you obey, either of sin, which leads to death, or of obedience, which leads to righteousness? But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness. I am speaking in human terms, because of your natural limitations. For just as you once presented your members as slaves to impurity and to lawlessness leading to more lawlessness, so now present your members as slaves to righteousness leading to sanctification. For when you were slaves of sin, you were free in regard to righteousness. But what fruit were you getting at that time from the things of which you are now ashamed? For the end of those things is death. But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves of God, the fruit you get leads to sanctification and its end, eternal life. For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭6:1-6, 8-23‬ ‭ESV‬‬
https://www.bible.com/59/rom.6.1-6,8-23.esv
Originally Posted by 16bore

The guy who swears, and other wise leads a good life, is in no way morally equivalent to this guy:

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...me-things-just-fill-you-with-rage#UNREAD

Maybe so, but some sin is a lot more fun than other sin.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Christians on the fire - 03/08/19
Fireball is too drunk to type out Bible verse right now.
Originally Posted by jackmountain
[Linked Image]

I'd sure feel sorry for the bus driver.

As a Christian, we have to be an example of how to live our lives and refrain from pointing fingers (judging) others.
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Christians on the fire - 03/08/19
Originally Posted by huntinaz
I thought drinking and bashing others were facets of Christianity? And good luck bashing someone without swear words. I've been effectively swearing at people since at least third grade.

The sins of the father will be visited on the sons through the (humm) 3rd or 4th generation. Doesnt matter. Im just the second gen. wink

Jesus didnt cuss when he whipped the money changers out of the sinnygog, but i aint Jesus.

In fact, i may not even be a Christian but i believe in Jesus Christ.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Christians on the fire - 03/08/19
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Orion2000 Re: Christians on the fire - 03/08/19
Just an observation

Has been an issue for the past 2000 years. Paul wrote about it in Romans. Not condoning it. Just part of the human condition...
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I told a cop that I was Jewish one time.

He had me for DUI and I said that we Jews often partake in wine at dinner time.

The things you come up with at 15 eh?

Did the Lord save your lying ass? grin
Originally Posted by Orion2000
Just an observation

Has been an issue for the past 2000 years. Paul wrote about it in Romans. Not condoning it. Just part of the human condition...

Just one more reason Christianity is so fractionated, Grace vs. Deeds.
No he did not.
Posted By: rosco1 Re: Christians on the fire - 03/08/19
Just here?
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig

As a Christian, we have to be an example of how to live our lives and refrain from pointing fingers (judging) others.

I believe you are half right
Just an observation

Im trying to do better. You did right by reminding us of our sin.
Posted By: Reloder28 Re: Christians on the fire - 03/08/19
Paul said, “Let no unwholesome word proceed from your mouth, but such as is edification for the moment.”

Moses said, “The Lord will not leave him unpunished that takes His name in vain.”

Certainly a true disciple of Christ abides by these tenets with no question.
We should be able to judge other Christians if they are in the wrong, And that is who I’m talking about.
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Just an observation

Im trying to do better,

That's all we can ask.

Perfection is not possible. I'm satisfied with the man who continues to make progress.
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Just an observation

This^^^. God bless you, AS, as your needs may be.

Please tell me what I left out.
Originally Posted by Reloder28
Paul said, “Let no unwholesome word proceed from your mouth, but such as is edification for the moment.”

Moses said, “The Lord will not leave him unpunished that takes His name in vain.”

Those are called goals....

but go for the perfection you proclaim.

Good luck.
No he did not.

Im sorry to hear that, Jim. May He bless you now.
Posted By: renegade50 Re: Christians on the fire - 03/08/19
12 pages at least.....
We should be able to judge other Christians if they are in the wrong, And that is who I’m talking about.

Which day was it that you achieved perfection?
And how many days were you righteous enough to judge others?

In your version of Christianity, do you not also have a duty to direct others toward a better life through leading them to Christ?
I think he told my mother. She was not happy.

Gotta have something to judge

Some clever cussing would have sharpened it up a bit
Originally Posted by renegade50
12 pages at least.....

Way low.
Way.
Posted By: Reloder28 Re: Christians on the fire - 03/08/19
Originally Posted by wageslave

Good luck.

Not goals, directives.

None of us are perfect, and we all judge.

Perhaps a more important question is why does one judge, is it to help the other person become better, know them down so you can dominate them, or justify your own bad behavior?

Not all forms and motivations of judgement are equal.

I think more than pointing fingers he is reminding us of His instruction.

Good luck.

Not goals, directives.

Wrong.

Good luck.

Not goals, directives.

An unachievable directive is just a goal.

Besides, Ephesians is a likely forgery, not written by Paul.
Reading from the Book of Armaments, Chapter 4, Verses 16 to 20:

Then did he raise on high the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch, saying, "Bless this, O Lord, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy." And the people did rejoice and did feast upon the lambs and toads and tree-sloths and fruit-bats and orangutans and breakfast cereals ... Now did the Lord say, "First thou pullest the Holy Pin. Then thou must count to three. Three shall be the number of the counting and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither shalt thou count two, excepting that thou then proceedeth to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the number of the counting, be reached, then lobbest thou the Holy Hand Grenade in the direction of thine foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it."

None of us are perfect, and we all judge.

Perhaps a more important question is why does one judge, is it to help the other person become better, know them down so you can dominate them, or justify your own bad behavior?

Not all forms and motivations of judgement are equal.

Amen. Thanks for that.
I have forgotten the question already.

Used to have a lot of fun partying with Jack Mormons.

Some of em would even party while wearing their special underwear. That was a trip.

We did not judge each other!
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Christians on the fire - 03/08/19
I believe in the good Lord, try very hard to live right, being a good husband, neighbor and friend, but, I am a judgmental, prejudice, cursing, drinking, cigar smoking, dirty joke telling, racist, conservative, narrow minded, male chauvinist pig bigot bastard.

One of these days when I quit all that stuff, I may join a church and start being nicer, till then No Sir, I'll not be a hypocrite poser. smile
Originally Posted by gunner500
I believe in the good Lord, try very hard to live right, being a good husband, neighbor and friend, but, I am a judgmental, prejudice, cursing, drinking, cigar smoking, dirty joke telling, racist, conservative, narrow minded, male chauvinist pig bigot bastard.

One of these days when I quit all that stuff, I may join a church and start being nicer, till then No Sir, I'll not be a hypocrite poser. smile

Haha! 10-4!

I never did care much for bad cigars though.....

Am you my friend do not straddle the fence.
12 pages at least.....

Way low.
Way.

I'm going with price is right rules.
Under but not over.....
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: Christians on the fire - 03/08/19
Just an observation

I just say “Get behind me Satan” and carry on...😎

When did Jahrs ever proclaim to be perfect? He is rightfully calling out other Christians.
Originally Posted by slumlord

Then did he raise on high the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch, saying, "Bless this, O Lord, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy." And the people did rejoice and did feast upon the lambs and toads and tree-sloths and fruit-bats and orangutans and breakfast cereals ... Now did the Lord say, "First thou pullest the Holy Pin. Then thou must count to three. Three shall be the number of the counting and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither shalt thou count two, excepting that thou then proceedeth to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the number of the counting, be reached, then lobbest thou the Holy Hand Grenade in the direction of thine foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it."

Thanks Fireball.
I didn't read it, but thanks.

In your version of Christianity, do you not also have a duty to direct others toward a better life through leading them to Christ?

My version of Christianity? No, I don't direct anyone to do anything. If I can live my life and be a good example to others, I'll be satisfied. Personally, I don't think I have the words to lead someone to Christ. If they will open the door and invite Him in, he will come. I struggle with my own personal weaknesses and failures. If someone has a question, I'll do what I can to answer it but I cannot convince someone to accept Christ. That's between them and Christ.
Brother Maynard!

Ha. You too? Well youre a sorry bastid. I already go to church, sometimes. smile
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter

When did Jahrs ever proclaim to be perfect? He is rightfully calling out other Christians.

Why should his critique be limited to Christians?

In every philosophical system the vast majority of adherents fall short.
“Get behind me Satan” I wanna get schit faced with Slave and make fun of midgets. 😂😎

Are you a Christian and a hypocrite and a fence straddler? Do you call yourself one of God’s people and then go and act like everyone else? I don’t think I was talking to you.
Good smokes only Big Jim.

And Yessir Jahrs, my Friend, I aint hard to figure, just ask. smile Plus, I've spoke to Mom about all that, She and Wife say, when one truly believes, and lives for the Lord, they wont even want to do all that stuff anymore.

Ha. You too? Well youre a sorry bastid. I already go to church, sometimes. smile

laugh

He wants and is biblically bound (according to him) to judge....

Can a thief call out a thief?
Can a fornicator call out a fornicator?
Christians can't live their own life righteous.....why confirm your hypocrisy to others?
My version of Christianity? No, I don't direct anyone to do anything. If I can live my life and be a good example to others, I'll be satisfied. Personally, I don't think I have the words to lead someone to Christ. If they will open the door and invite Him in, he will come. I struggle with my own personal weaknesses and failures. If someone has a question, I'll do what I can to answer it but I cannot convince someone to accept Christ. That's between them and Christ.

OS,
Perhaps "direct" was too strong a word. My thinking was along the line of First Peter 3:15:

...: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:....

"convincing" someone to accept Christ is a very high standard, especially with the call for meekness.
Are we boycotting fornication now too??

Are you a Christian and a hypocrite and a fence straddler? Do you call yourself one of God’s people and then go and act like everyone else? I don’t think I was talking to you.

Are you sinless...right now, today?

No.
Just the fat chicks.
All is well.

And Yessir Jahrs, my Friend, I aint hard to figure, just ask. smile Plus, I've spoke to Mom about all that, She and Wife say, when one truly believes, and lives for the Lord, they wont even want to do all that stuff anymore.

Gunner,

You can do all that stuff and still be a better Christian than a lot of Christians. Maybe not to Wife and Mom standards, but, does it really make you a net, net "bad" man?
Who wants to straddle a fence?
God made Eve.
I wanna straddle Eve.
Once.

“For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Is it not those inside the church whom you are to judge? God judges those outside. "Purge the evil person from among you."”
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭5:12-13‬ ‭ESV‬‬
https://www.bible.com/59/1co.5.12-13.esv

The guy who swears, and other wise leads a good life, is in no way morally equivalent to this guy:

Leading a “good life” without accepting Christ is not how it works.

Gunner,

You can do all that stuff and still be a better Christian than a lot of Christians. Maybe not to Wife and Mom standards, but, does it really make you a net, net "bad" man?

In the eyes of the good Lord, Yessir, I'm an unworthy sinning pos, I really don't believe a black hearted low life like me even belongs in church hanging around God's good folk. smile
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Christians on the fire - 03/08/19

Blasphemy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Christians on the fire - 03/08/19
Sick people need a doctor gunner. Ask me how I know! God loves you, I assure you.

Gunner,

In the eyes of the good Lord, Yessir, I'm an unworthy sinning pos, I really don't believe a black hearted low life like me even belongs in church hanging around God's good folk. smile

You are sufficiently self aware to admit your short comings. That's a good start. For many, that is the most difficult step.

Keep in mind, the world still needs the black hearts who can effectively deal with the unpleasantries of life so they cannot visit our wives and mothers.

OS,
Perhaps "direct" was too strong a word. My thinking was along the line of First Peter 3:15:

...: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:....

"convincing" someone to accept Christ is a very high standard, especially with the call for meekness.

I will answer questions to the best of my ability but make no claims to know as much as others. What I will do is make every effort to get a scriptural answer to any questions asked of me. I do not believe Christians should judge others and I believe there is scriptural back up for that.
Bottom line is that I'm a sinner and cannot make it on my own. I have to have Christ be my guide in order to make it.

Works just fine for many of us.
Posted By: Salty303 Re: Christians on the fire - 03/08/19
Christian police.. who knew?
[quote=Jahrs]I am and I don’t see the freedom in living the way some do here.

“For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Is it not those inside the church whom you are to judge? God judges those outside. "Purge the evil person from among you."”
https://www.bible.com/59/1co.5.12-13.esv[/quote?

OTOH, only God is good.
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Sick people need a doctor gunner. Ask me how I know! God loves you, I assure you.

I don't know about that JG, he does in fact know all. smile

OS,

I will answer questions to the best of my ability but make no claims to know as much as others. What I will do is make every effort to get a scriptural answer to any questions asked of me. I do not believe Christians should judge others and I believe there is scriptural back up for that.
Bottom line is that I'm a sinner and cannot make it on my own. I have to have Christ be my guide in order to make it.

I'll accept that answer.
Posted By: xxclaro Re: Christians on the fire - 03/08/19

Ah yes, always a personal favorite of mine, and source of inspiration lol

Gunner,

You are sufficiently self aware to admit your short comings. That's a good start. For many, that is the most difficult step.

Keep in mind, the world still needs the black hearts who can effectively deal with the pleasantries of life so they cannot visit our wives and mothers.

10-4, Thanks for that AntelopeSniper. smile

Well, for a little while anyway, but He wants you forever, AS.

https://www.bible.com/59/1co.5.12-13.esv

Be careful.

Matthew 7:3 reads, "Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?" ... 5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.
So how do the Catholic priest and Cardinal pee-pee touchers factor in to all this?
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Christians on the fire - 03/08/19
And this is why I don't take the fire seriously anymore. Buncha clowns on a christian bashing thread just to make trouble. Seems like christians never learn.

Jahrs, don't judge a person by what happens here, many here have learned that this place is a jungle and have quit casting pearls here among the pigs. If anything, Christians shouldn't even waste their time here.

I gotta go, happy hour deals almost over and I gotta drive home.

OS,

By accepting Christ, being a living example in fellowship, and speaking about Christ (answering questions) you ARE leading others. We are all weak, we all fall short.
Posted By: papalondog Re: Christians on the fire - 03/08/19
If you don't want to go to Heaven, go to hell. I fully believe if you seriously search and pray, the answers you seek will come.

Not for salvation.
Everybody knows how it works, what to do, what not to do, there's nothing left to talk about. Christians, get smart, the Campfire is a christian bashing forum. Don't waste your time and energy.
Originally Posted by Fireball2
And this is why I don't take the fire seriously anymore. Buncha clowns on a christian bashing thread just to make trouble. Seems like christians never learn.

Jahrs, don't judge a person by what happens here, many here have learned that this place is a jungle and have quit casting pearls here among the pigs. If anything, Christians shouldn't even waste their time here.

This made me laff....Drive safe Roy 😎
Originally Posted by Beaver10

I'll send you a text on my way home to let you know I'm safe.
Txt pics of any midgets at the bar, too 😎
My drinkin buddies were more comsiderate of my welfare after gettin shîtty.

They'd always say "ok man...take the back roads ya *should* be aight"

I'll send you a text on my way home to let you know I'm safe.

Baller,
I for 1
won't judge your debauchery
but will instead praise your patronage
of the midget lap dancers.
You have a heart and care about midgets.

Slave

P.S. Text pics.
Best strip joint was a little roadside dump in Nampa, ID we stopped at heading back from pheasant hunting. One dancer just had a baby 8 weeks earlier and told us how her and her boyfriend hit a doe with their Ford Fiesta...They threw it in the back and took it home. She said it was awesome. 😎
Everybody knows how it works, what to do, what not to do, there's nothing left to talk about. Christians, get smart, the Campfire is a christian bashing forum. Don't waste your time and energy.

I ain’t scared of em. Not a one!
Best strip joint was a little roadside dump in Nampa, ID we stopped at heading back from pheasant hunting. One dancer just had a baby 8 weeks earlier and told us how her and her boyfriend hit a doe with their Ford Fiesta...They threw it in the back and took it home. She said it was awesome. 😎

Was she a midget?
Her stretch marks suggested she was experiencing a growth spurt. 😎
Who doesn't love fresh milk.
She did have a mustache afterwards...

[Linked Image]

“Get behind me Satan” 😎
Posted By: shootem Re: Christians on the fire - 03/08/19
Just an observation

Conundrum:

Romans 7:
14 For we know that the law is spiritual, but I am carnal, sold under sin. 15 For what I am doing, I do not understand. For what I will to do, that I do not practice; but what I hate, that I do. 16 If, then, I do what I will not to do, I agree with the law that it is good. 17 But now, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me. 18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find. 19 For the good that I will to do, I do not do; but the evil I will not to do, that I practice. 20 Now if I do what I will not to do, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me.

21 I find then a law, that evil is present with me, the one who wills to do good. 22 For I delight in the law of God according to the inward man. 23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. 24 O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? 25 I thank God—through Jesus Christ our Lord!

So then, with the mind I myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin.

I took my byline to at least have a reminder when I'm tempted and mostly it helps. There will always be temptations to think, see, say or do something I know I shouldn't. The biggest difference between now and the not so distant past is that it actually bothers me when it happens. And that's all I have to say about thayat.
Posted By: Bocajnala Re: Christians on the fire - 03/08/19
By their fruits you will know them.

-Jake
Originally Posted by Bocajnala
By their fruits you will know them.

-Jake

Sounds like you were at the same strip club Beav10 was at...
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Christians on the fire - 03/08/19
Just an observation

Jahrs, you make a good point........but, remember one thing......none of us are perfect, and that includes you. There has only been one perfect person, and he was crucified about 2000 years ago. Jesus died for our sins, and it is through our belief in him that we will be forgiven of those sins, and receive everlasting life. But, once again, we are not perfect and HE knows that, which is why HE gives us the opportunity to ask forgiveness for our sins. I find that I have to do that on a daily basis, just as I imagine most Christians do.

I think it is a mistake to believe you're better than other people just because you happen to believe the way you do. Just remember....."Judge ye not, lest ye also be judged." As my daddy always said.......believe only half of what you see, and nothing you hear......and to that I'll add, nothing you read on the internet.
Posted By: Hawk_Driver Re: Christians on the fire - 03/08/19
Let he who is without sin, cast the first stone.
Originally Posted by jackmountain
[Linked Image]

Hallelujer!!
Posted By: Hawk_Driver Re: Christians on the fire - 03/08/19
Me too.
Posted By: Orion2000 Re: Christians on the fire - 03/08/19
Just an observation

For the Christian, the two are inextricably intertwined.
How many regular pages this up to so far?
Got my smart phone set for 10 replies per page.
Its Friday, so tonight when everyone starts getting jesus juice in em
It's probably gonna go waaaaaaaayyyyyyy over the 12 I predicted for sure.

^^^This christian openly bashes his wife to strangers. ^^^
Although I don't shy away from talking about my faith in Christ and my daily walk with him, I think I'll back out of this thread and enjoy the fire for the things I joined it for and that it to learn about shooting, loading, and the other aspects of our sport.
Posted By: ElkSlayer91 Re: Christians on the fire - 03/08/19

How many pages would it take to fix America?

If Jesus Christ came back to run for President as an Independent in 2020, he’d still lose, because that is how sick this country is and how far away it has run from its founding principles.

I am the way,
I am the truth,
I am the life.
Originally Posted by ElkSlayer91

If Jesus Christ came back to run for President as an Independent in 2020, he’d still lose, because that is how sick this country is and how far away it has run from its founding principles.

I am the way,
I am the truth,
I am the life.

There could be some First Amendment issues with electing Jesus to the Presidency.
Posted By: RoninPhx Re: Christians on the fire - 03/08/19
Being a Christian doesn’t mean that you are forgiven and then can go and act the fool once you’ve asked for forgiveness

i have a couple of cousins, brother and sister. Sister is the finest kind of person, and one of those evangilistical type christians. Brother is a bible thumping piece of poop. Had a discussion with her one day, said to her do you really believe your brother can slap the bible down and apologize to the lawd about his latest transgression and all is forgiven? Yes, was the answer he is forgiven. So he can continue to do the same type of hurt to people time and time again, ask for forgiveness, and all his right? Yes was the answer, my reply was you forgot the last part about sinning no more. Continue bad behavior does not bring forgiveness.

Some of the worst people i have run across in my life like to slap that bible down, quote bible verse to justify any behavior, and all is okay with the world. It gives christianity a bad name, but it is also reflective of humanity.
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Christians on the fire - 03/08/19
Although I don't shy away from talking about my faith in Christ and my daily walk with him, I think I'll back out of this thread and enjoy the fire for the things I joined it for and that it to learn about shooting, loading, and the other aspects of our sport.

Good move. Don't cast your pearls before the swine.
Posted By: RJY66 Re: Christians on the fire - 03/08/19

The good news is when he does come back he is setting up a monarchy! laugh

I am the way,
I am the truth,
I am the life.

There could be some First Amendment issues with electing Jesus to the Presidency.

As long as the state does not establish a national religion, he'd be 100% eligible.

Many people are void of reading comprehension in the English language, and are clueless to the above fact with their separation of religion arguments.
Christians wise up, anything like this posted on the campfire turn into christian bashing threads, every, single, time. There's no point in it. It emboldens the idiots and grinds on christians unnecessarily. It does more damage than anything and there is nothing to be gained by it. It's like going to a muslim country and ordering pork chops. How much grief do you want?.

Is this a dick joke?

I am the way,
I am the truth,
I am the life.

As long as the state does not establish a national religion, he'd be 100% eligible.

Many people are void of reading comprehension in the English language, and are clueless to the above fact with their separation of religion arguments.

The idea of Jesus Christ coming back to run for the American presidency is extremely sound.
Christians wise up, anything like this posted on the campfire turn into christian bashing threads, every, single, time. There's no point in it. It emboldens the idiots and grinds on christians unnecessarily. It does more damage than anything and there is nothing to be gained by it. It's like going to a muslim country and ordering pork chops. How much grief do you want?.

Apostle Ballz hath spoken.

The idea of Jesus Christ coming back to run for the American presidency is extremely sound.

Ain't votin' for no joo no how.

The South

I am the way,
I am the truth,
I am the life.

Fugk I hope not.

Based on your posts I'd wager you have a single digit IQ.

I am the way,
I am the truth,
I am the life.

Fugk I hope not.

You're like my friends.
How much grief do you want?.

As much as Jesus went through on the Cross.
Posted By: Raeford Re: Christians on the fire - 03/08/19

You have impulse control issues.

Is this a dick joke?

Nah man, Matthew 7:6. One I've always lived by. I'm not gonna cast pearls if a bunch of pigs are watching. I know it doesn't seem like a big deal, especially for those of us who grew up on hog farms, but it's right there in Matthew. And rightly.

Sometimes, you know, you'll do anything for a pork chop.

Been there.

Good news! You will get it here and it will all be for naught.

Log off and drive to Somalia.

BWHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

LMFAO....

You have impulse control issues.

Is this a dick joke?

I've got alligator skin.

These little black dots that make letters, that make words can't / don't hurt me.

I'm a big boy.

The South

Wait, he's Jewish?

Well, Ted Bundy was a Mormon. Fun fact.

I'm a big boy.

You misspelled f a g g o t.

The South

Wait, he's Jewish?

FAKE NEWS!

He feigned interest in that church while committing murders in that community. He never actually became a Mormon. Just dabbled to stay off their radar.

I'm a big boy.

Travis, you are pretty much a flaming a s s h o l e with no redeeming qualities. I am done with your bullshit. Off to ignore.
Posted By: RickyD Re: Christians on the fire - 03/08/19
Just an observation

It would appear you discount what Jesus did on the cross for those who surrender to His sacrifice and accept Him as Savior. Or maybe you believe we must be saved over and over again as our humanity surfaces. But most problematic is what you cite implies that God's Grace is not sufficient in an of itself and that humans must supply some part of their salvation beyond acceptance, over and over again.

I believe the Lord's sacrifice is sufficient and if accepted with a contrite heart we are saved once and forever and our sins of the past, present and future are forgiven. If that were not so, how can the new testament be any better than the old? It can't, but we are told it is, because truly it is! The Bible tells me that once we are saved there is not anything that can take us from God's hand, and that would include ourselves.

God knows who He created. And He specifically created us to sin, as was done in the Garden. So His plan for salvation also accommodates who we are.

His Power is total and unlimited, and so is His Grace which extends as far as the East is from the West. It is forever to those who believe.

None of that is to sanctify sin. Never! But we are who we are, and that is perfect for God's plan. So in that, we are also perfect, though not perfected yet. That will come when, "In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

Travis, you are pretty much a flaming a s s h o l e with no redeeming qualities. I am done with your bullshit. Off to ignore.

NOOOOOOO!!!

PLEEEAASE!!!!

I take it all back!!!!

I'm a big boy.

You seem to know a lot about the sphincter muscle. Must come from your probing?
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Christians on the fire - 03/08/19
Thank you Rick.

The South

Wait, he's Jewish?

FAKE NEWS!

He feigned interest in that church while committing murders in that community. He never actually became a Mormon. Just dabbled to stay off their radar.

[Linked Image]via Imgflip Meme Generator

You seem to know a lot about the sphincter muscle. Must come from your probing?

Bumped into a looooot of Texans in my time.

I am the way,
I am the truth,
I am the life.

Fugk I hope not.

You're like my friends.

Your friends are asswholes? frown

I am the way,
I am the truth,
I am the life.

Fugk I hope not.

You're like my friends.

Your friends are asswholes? frown

You're a liar............................like my friends.
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Thank you Rick.

My pleasure, Friend!
Posted By: Gus Re: Christians on the fire - 03/08/19
one must turn from der debil and run away!
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
my reply was you forgot the last part about sinning no more. Continue bad behavior does not bring forgiveness.

Again, people.

That is a goal.....

and an unattainable one at that.

Who here has met that goal?

Anyone? Anyone?
Posted By: Rooster7 Re: Christians on the fire - 03/08/19
I've been effectively swearing at people since at least third grade.

TFF
if one could become increasingly "pure" before leaving urth, one could be pronounced a saint.
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
my reply was you forgot the last part about sinning no more. Continue bad behavior does not bring forgiveness.

Again, people.

That is a goal.....

and an unattainable one at that.

Who here has met that goal?

Anyone? Anyone?

Liars appear to, if they choose to lie about not sinning. And even if one never sinned, they'd likely boast about it and that is sinning.

There is no escaping sin but one can easily escape sin's penalty by accepting Jesus Christ as their savior with a contrite heart.
Originally Posted by Gus
if one could become increasingly "pure" before leaving urth, one could be pronounced a saint.

"Saints" are usually pronounced a martyr first. wink
Posted By: Rooster7 Re: Christians on the fire - 03/08/19

NOOOOOOO!!!

PLEEEAASE!!!!

I take it all back!!!!

The South

Wait, he's Jewish?

FAKE NEWS!

"In August or September 1975, Bundy was baptized into The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, although he was not an active participant in services and ignored most church restrictions.[146][147][148] He would later be excommunicated by the LDS Church following his 1976 kidnapping conviction.[146] When asked his religious preference after his arrest, Bundy answered "Methodist", the religion of his childhood.[149]" -Wikipedia

I'm gonna call us both right. I'm not gonna pretend his intentions with that baptism were any degree of earnest, however, interestingly (to me) he WAS real afraid of dying. Because of God. He believed in Christ.

Anyone 'spose he made it to Heaven?

The Netflix Bundy Tapes documentary + his Wikipedia page (plus various other resources about him) is an extra interesting was to spend 5 hrs if anyone is interested.

Anyway don't mean to hijack this thread on exactly how Christian members of the 'fire are to behave. Carry on fellers.
Posted By: Calvin Re: Christians on the fire - 03/08/19
Pretty awesome, I must say.

My concerns are with me, and the conduct of my family as we approach the return of Christ.
Originally Posted by RickyD
Originally Posted by Gus

"Saints" are usually pronounced a martyr first. wink

yes, some denominations place greater emphasis on the attainment of sainthood than others, or so it seems.

to become sainted is a pretty high rank in the hierarchy. some people enjoy receiving awards.

others much prefer to stand in front of the audience and hand out the awards.
Interesting once a guy's been on here awhile, and is familiar with posters. Some are consistent in what they post, nary a curse or blaspheme, or any off color post.

Others posts depend on the thread. Sometimes they for instance laugh about being drunk and shooting cats from windows while in college, or speak in sexual terms of women not their wife. But then spout bible verses and play at being a Christian man, not even pausing at condemning their fellow posters who at least are consistent in their positions. wink

Hypocrites and liars are worse than ______ insert what you like. I'll take the company of an honest, yet base and unchristian companion over a [bleep] and weak liar any day.
Posted By: nighthawk Re: Christians on the fire - 03/08/19
Who wouldn't want to be a saint? All it means is you mad it to heaven. Can't be a saint before you die.
In the old Keswick holiness conventions they would preach up Romans 6 for weeks on end.
Grace upon Grace and Romans 6 7 8...
Posted By: Muffin Re: Christians on the fire - 03/08/19
Originally Posted by nighthawk
Who wouldn't want to be a saint? All it means is you mad it to heaven. Can't be a saint before you die.

2 Cor 1:1
Col 1:2
Eph 1:1
Jude 1:3
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Interesting once a guy's been on here awhile, and is familiar with posters. Some are consistent in what they post, nary a curse or blaspheme, or any off color post.

Others posts depend on the thread. Sometimes they for instance laugh about being drunk and shooting cats from windows while in college, or speak in sexual terms of women not their wife. But then spout bible verses and play at being a Christian man, not even pausing at condemning their fellow posters who at least are consistent in their positions. wink

Hypocrites and liars are worse than ______ insert what you like. I'll take the company of an honest, yet base and unchristian companion over a [bleep] and weak liar any day.

Cauliflower?

I hate cauliflower.
Posted By: Raeford Re: Christians on the fire - 03/08/19

Cauliflower?

I hate cauliflower.

No dummie, broccoli
Posted By: bludog Re: Christians on the fire - 03/08/19
All Christians should strive to "walk in a manner worthy of the Lord". We fail, but we're sorry when we do fail. Some seek to please man rather than God, hence the coarse jokes, off color comments, and deserved accusations of hypocrisy. Jesus was very critical of hypocrites - "brood of vipers" etc. I've been a hypocrite at times in my Christian walk. When I was young, more often than I care to remember. I still fail. We all do. But that doesn't stop us from knowing that God loves us anyway - because His Word tells us that. So much that He came to earth and died for us. Doesn't sound hilarious to me.
Originally Posted by muffin
Originally Posted by nighthawk

2 Cor 1:1
Col 1:2
Eph 1:1
Jude 1:3

we've heard of folks being called sainted while here on earth. i guess it depends upon interpretation in the english language. so much stuff now seems to depend upon interpretation nowadays. at any rate, i don't believe there's much confusing saints with haints, but a little of it might still be going on.

Yep and...

Originally Posted by bludog
All Christians should strive to "walk in a manner worthy of the Lord". We fail, but we're sorry when we do fail. Some seek to please man rather than God, hence the coarse jokes, off color comments, and deserved accusations of hypocrisy. Jesus was very critical of hypocrites - "brood of vipers" etc. I've been a hypocrite at times in my Christian walk. When I was young, more often than I care to remember. I still fail. We all do. But that doesn't stop us from knowing that God loves us anyway - because His Word tells us that. So much that He came to earth and died for us. Doesn't sound hilarious to me.

Yep; well said.

We aren’t saved by our works (thank God!) but we certainly should have life-changing gratitude for the gift we’ve been given. Shame on me when I don’t show it.
Posted By: RiverRider Re: Christians on the fire - 03/08/19
Hypocrisy is just one facet of the human condition. Condemning immoral behavior is just that...it's owning up to the truth.

Just because one may have committed an immoral act does not obligate him to defend or justify it for all time.

However much righteousness a man might claim, he still has little---if any.

So, to the OP: you oughta just tend your own mitten.
But I kinda like broccoli!
Posted By: 79S Re: Christians on the fire - 03/08/19

I'm a big boy.

CONSUELA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where in the HE DOUBLE HOCKEY STICKS!!! Is my Stryper album "To Hell with the Devil" AT?????? I need to calm my nerve that Deflave done pissed me off!
But I kinda like broccoli!

likeing broccoli but condemning cauliflower is no excuse.

ya can't like one, and condemn the other.

they both in the same family.

i like kale lots.
Originally Posted by efw

Yep and...

Yep; well said.

We aren’t saved by our works (thank God!) but we certainly should have life-changing gratitude for the gift we’ve been given. Shame on me when I don’t show it.

Honest question....
When you are in this fallen state
are you removed from heaven at that moment?

Honest question....

Sorry I don’t understand what you’re asking can you rephrase the question?

What’s “this” fallen state?

Posted By: IZH27 Re: Christians on the fire - 03/08/19
What does the non Christian think should be representative of a Christian?
My fault. Sorry.
I was responding to your agreement with bludog on failing, even as a Christian.

In your failed state, at that moment, are you able to enter heaven.

Originally Posted by efw

Yep and...

[quote=bludog]All Christians should strive to "walk in a manner worthy of the Lord". We fail, but we're sorry when we do fail. Some seek to please man rather than God, hence the coarse jokes, off color comments, and deserved accusations of hypocrisy. Jesus was very critical of hypocrites - "brood of vipers" etc. I've been a hypocrite at times in my Christian walk. When I was young, more often than I care to remember. I still fail. We all do. But that doesn't stop us from knowing that God loves us anyway - because His Word tells us that. So much that He came to earth and died for us. Doesn't sound hilarious to me.
Originally Posted by IZH27
What does the non Christian think should be representative of a Christian?

vel, i don't think they are allowed to like broccoli. i mean cauliflower, sorry i made a mistake.

i think they should be armed with a sword, but i'm only human so what could i possibly know?
Posted By: hanco Re: Christians on the fire - 03/08/19
I certainly believe in God and Jesus. I pray to them, I’m not as good as I would like to be, but I’m better than I was when I was young. I don’t really know what a Christian is. I call myself a believer.

I’ve heard people in business say Christians will Fuuck you quicker that anyone. They say they won’t do business with a Christian. I don’t want people saying that about me. So, is that what Christians do???? Has anyone else heard that about Christian’s??? I’m not trying to offend anyone. Just saying what I’ve heard.
I'm still in the flesh, who knows what I'll say or do.

In business, it was always Koreans mostly that tried to fûck me over. They's a lot of them here our military town.
I'm still in the flesh, who knows what I'll say or do.

In business, it was always Koreans mostly that tried to fûck me over. They's a lot of them here our military town.

South Koreans will sell their first born to make a dollar...
My fault. Sorry.

In your failed state, at that moment, are you able to enter heaven.

Originally Posted by efw

Yep and...

[quote=bludog]All Christians should strive to "walk in a manner worthy of the Lord". We fail, but we're sorry when we do fail. Some seek to please man rather than God, hence the coarse jokes, off color comments, and deserved accusations of hypocrisy. Jesus was very critical of hypocrites - "brood of vipers" etc. I've been a hypocrite at times in my Christian walk. When I was young, more often than I care to remember. I still fail. We all do. But that doesn't stop us from knowing that God loves us anyway - because His Word tells us that. So much that He came to earth and died for us. Doesn't sound hilarious to me.

Romans 10:9: that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.

If you don't believe that, oh well, it will still be true for all eternity.
The bottom line of my intent in posting what I did was to challenge Christians to take their relationship with Christ seriously and not to abuse it and depend on forgiveness as an excuse to deliberately sin, therefore being hypocritical.
As far as myself I am probably one of the Chiefs here as far as sins committed. I have not only broken all of the 10 commandments in theory but personally as well. I’m ashamed of the things I’ve done. But a deliberate continuation of sin, once saved, is just a slap in God’s face. We will never be sin free but God will break the bondage to sin if we will let him.
To the non Christians
The Wages of sin is death but the gift of God is eternal life through the payment that Jesus Christ has made if we will only repent and believe and except. The wages is the payment for the sin that you’ve committed which is death or you can except the gift of God and not pay for that wage but except the free gift that Christ has already paid on our behalf and you will then receive eternal life, that is my desire for all!
My fault. Sorry.

In your failed state, at that moment, are you able to enter heaven

Depends upon who you ask but since you asked me I’ll give you my answer which I believe is the biblical one.

The classical Protestant answer is that Christians are saved by the work of Christ who actively & passively fulfilled God’s Law... that is, He earned our righteousness by His work; our salvation has everything to do with His work not ours.

So our moment to moment performance doesn’t effect our eternal standing and a saved Christian 5 minutes ago who is acting unchristian now would be welcomed into heaven.

Romans 3:21-26 is a great place to see this. The idea of Christ’s righteousness imputed to His people is central to the reason the Protestants protest and why we continue to be under the condemnation (we are anathema or hell bound) of Rome as per the Council of Trent.
As far as myself I am probably one of the Chiefs here as far as sins committed. I have not only broken all of the 10 commandments in theory but personally as well. I’m ashamed of the things I’ve done. But a deliberate continuation of sin, once saved, is just a slap in God’s face. We will never be sin free but God will break the bondage to sin if we will let him.
I don't think so, Jahrs. He knows who we are. He made us with a plan, for a purpose. This is not just about us, but mostly about Him. I do not condone or excuse sin, but the effects of sin for the believer remain in and effect this life, not the next. I do agree with you that with prayer, fasting, and keeping our eyes on the cross, sin will fade, but neither should our focus be on sin, but on Him. Far to many denoms put so much emphasis on sin as if we could be perfect. We can't. Take a look at all the mighty men of faith in the OT. Most had huge sins in their lives and yet, God did not abandon them. That tells me it's not the sin that's nearly as important as how we treat each other. That is the message that Jesus brought: to love our neighbors as ourselves and to pray for those who persecute us. . These things are hard, but worth working towards. God takes us as He finds us, and provides salvation for those who ask, without recourse. That means each of us is infinitely better off to move forward from that point and not look or be concerned with our failings but only to do right as we can. Thanks for starting this though and may God bless you for it!

Cauliflower?

I hate cauliflower.

Phooey cauliflower, and broccoli. Unless it's pickled Then it's ok.

Except broccoli. It ruins anything it comes in contact with.
Originally Posted by efw

Yep and...

Yep; well said.

Honest question....

Honest answer:

No man on here is qualified to answer. Except to say what they personally believe to be true.
Posted By: Starman Re: Christians on the fire - 03/08/19
...We are all weak, we all fall short.

ALL sinners are the wicked and hostile ENEMY of GOD.

I get a laugh when they march around this here fire pretending to fight Gods battles for Him.

Id say God trusts such pretenders about as much as the campfire 'Christians' would trust a jihadist.

Everybody knows how it works, what to do, what not to do, ...

Paul made it very clear in Romans that he could not do what's correct and pleasing to God.
he found himself doing the wrong things despite very well knowing better...

The sons of Adam are born into the world to resist God.

God declares himself to be a holy and a jealous God; a God who wants to be exclusively exalted and honored,

sorry to say, he chose humans that are not interested in doing such, rather they prefer
to follow the evil in their own hearts.
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Christians on the fire - 03/08/19

of course I believe in God.........

here I am on my way to Church...........

pic #3.......said a prayer here............

pic 4.........lunch & cold beer here.........

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Old_Toot Re: Christians on the fire - 03/08/19
Originally Posted by tikkanut

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

That be Brother Love’s Traveling Salvation Show , I do believe.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Christians on the fire - 03/08/19

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I'm a Believer

Like you.

Geno
Jesus is Lord.
Posted By: Ringman Re: Christians on the fire - 03/08/19
Just an observation

I noticed the same thing here and in general life. Repentance is either not taught or not understood in the modern church.

went to Church here once........Henry Mtn's on skyline..........

[Linked Image]

The Henry Mountains 'move'...............

again on skyline..........

[Linked Image]

for anyone that doubts God.........

spend a day on or near the Henry Mountains in Utah........

https://www.summitpost.org/henry-mountains/592740

Damn! I got 1-5 & 8-10 (3 at least 10 times a day) but 6 & 7 no. If I broke 6 the old lady would break 7 though.
I ever get terminally ill I'm gonna take #7 to the next level though.
Posted By: deflave Re: Christians on the fire - 03/09/19
CONSUELAAAA!

Lmao.
Posted By: Jahrs Re: Christians on the fire - 03/09/19
Originally Posted by RickyD
I don't think so, Jahrs. He knows who we are. He made us with a plan, for a purpose. This is not just about us, but mostly about Him. I do not condone or excuse sin, but the effects of sin for the believer remain in and effect this life, not the next. I do agree with you that with prayer, fasting, and keeping our eyes on the cross, sin will fade, but neither should our focus be on sin, but on Him. Far to many denoms put so much emphasis on sin as if we could be perfect. We can't. Take a look at all the mighty men of faith in the OT. Most had huge sins in their lives and yet, God did not abandon them. That tells me it's not the sin that's nearly as important as how we treat each other. That is the message that Jesus brought: to love our neighbors as ourselves and to pray for those who persecute us. . These things are hard, but worth working towards. God takes us as He finds us, and provides salvation for those who ask, without recourse. That means each of us is infinitely better off to move forward from that point and not look or be concerned with our failings but only to do right as we can. Thanks for starting this though and may God bless you for it!

I agree with you but I think you are missing my point of continuing and deliberately sinning thinking that we are covered by Grace. We are covered by Grace but not when you have that mindset.

“For if we go on sinning deliberately after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins,”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭10:26‬ ‭ESV‬‬
https://www.bible.com/59/heb.10.26.esv

“No one who abides in him keeps on sinning; no one who keeps on sinning has either seen him or known him.”
‭‭1 John‬ ‭3:6‬ ‭ESV‬‬
https://www.bible.com/59/1jn.3.6.esv

“No one born of God makes a practice of sinning, for God's seed abides in him; and he cannot keep on sinning, because he has been born of God. By this it is evident who are the children of God, and who are the children of the devil: whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is the one who does not love his brother.”
‭‭1 John‬ ‭3:9-10‬ ‭ESV‬‬
https://www.bible.com/59/1jn.3.9-10.esv

“"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. On that day many will say to me, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?' And then will I declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.'”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭7:21-23‬ ‭ESV‬‬
https://www.bible.com/59/mat.7.21-23.esv
Posted By: nighthawk Re: Christians on the fire - 03/09/19
Is it controversial to say one should do his best to live his faith, not just mouth the words?
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Christians on the fire - 03/09/19
The bottom line of my intent in posting what I did was to challenge Christians to take their relationship with Christ seriously and not to abuse it and depend on forgiveness as an excuse to deliberately sin, therefore being hypocritical.

Agreed Jahrs, I know men in this community that are dirty business dealing back stabbing greedy dogs, dope heads, alcoholics, womanizing adulterers, then they look at their watches and say, HEY, it's Sunday morning, time to go to church brother. sick

That very level of hypocrisy is another reason I don't go to church, that said, I don't care to hang around people like that anyway, anywhere.

Man has ruined the Church.
Posted By: BOWSINGER Re: Christians on the fire - 03/09/19

[Linked Image]

Donnie, there's an awful lot of God lying around in these mountains.
Glen Dyrland Jackson Hole guide
Posted By: efw Re: Christians on the fire - 03/09/19
There would be no Church without sinful man.

God called the Church out from a sinful world that they would (and could) seek likeness to & communion with Him. If we weren’t sinful He wouldn’t have needed to establish His Church.
Posted By: huntinaz Re: Christians on the fire - 03/09/19

[Linked Image]

Beautiful.

Did you see any huge bucks?
Originally Posted by efw

God called the Church out from a sinful world that they would (and could) seek likeness to & communion with Him. If we weren’t sinful He wouldn’t have needed to establish His Church.

Agreed, but I agree with Jahrs, those that use it as an excuse to repeat the same old dirty lifestyle week after week, I know not to screw someone on a business deal, I know not to cheat on my wife, I know not to do drugs, I know not to be an alcoholic, so, why do they?
Posted By: Reloder28 Re: Christians on the fire - 03/09/19
Humorous how so many start crying about being judged when the topic of Jesus comes up. If you feel judged, there is a reason for that.
Posted By: Starman Re: Christians on the fire - 03/09/19

Some can't even follow, they have to be carried.

Originally Posted by Salty303
Christian police.. who knew?

Its all about onward Christian soldiers, so id say they are MPs
Man’s opinion holds no quarter over the Word of God.
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Christians on the fire - 03/09/19

[Linked Image]

Beautiful.

lookin in my files............

[Linked Image]
Posted By: RiverRider Re: Christians on the fire - 03/09/19
Humorous how so many start crying about being judged when the topic of Jesus comes up. If you feel judged, there is a reason for that.

If you DON'T feel judged, you have more reason to worry IMO.
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Christians on the fire - 03/09/19

these aren't huge.........

but still rather majestic !

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by efw

Agreed, but I agree with Jahrs, those that use it as an excuse to repeat the same old dirty lifestyle week after week, I know not to screw someone on a business deal, I know not to cheat on my wife, I know not to do drugs, I know not to be an alcoholic, so, why do they?

I'll say this. If I believed in Christ, and thought my salvation hinged on my behavior, I'd make a damned concentrated effort to toe the line and stay in His graces. Seems pretty fuggin' important. So many people half-ass it... that seems way more blasphemous to me than just saying hey I think this is bullschit.

I of course won't speak for any other non-Christian, but part of what is so off-putting to me is to see people preaching one day about Jesus and sinners, and then banging their neighbor's wife or stealing or lying or just being a general dirtbag.

Hypocrisy is just a universal human trait, but to have a self-proclaimed Christian being an obvious hypocrite especially regarding Christian ideals, well, that's just extra grating.

I make it a point sometimes to be a sarcastic dick, I mean this is the internet, but mostly I judge people on how big a dirtbag they are and not whether their philosophy is in line with mine. Freedom of speech and religion are a big part of what makes this country great.

these aren't huge.........

but still rather majestic !

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

They ain't small either
Originally Posted by efw

I can get myself mighty worked up when focusing on the sins of others so I find it best for my peace of mind and serenity to focus upon mine since those are the only ones I can do anything about, and resting upon the fact that those who use God as a cover for sin will be judged much more harshly by Him against whom they’ve sinned than by me.

Now obviously this doesn’t address the fact that church is for worshipping God and (or by?) making community around Him which would be impossible in a congregation full of charlatans, but I’d be hard pressed to find a church where the Bible is faithfully preached that is FULL of them.

Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by efw

I can get myself mighty worked up when focusing on the sins of others so I find it best for my peace of mind and serenity to focus upon mine since those are the only ones I can do anything about resting upon the fact that those who use God as a cover for sin will be judged much more harshly by Him against whom they’ve sinned than by me.

Now obviously this doesn’t address the fact that church is for worshipping God and (or by?) making community around Him which would be impossible in a congregation full of charlatans, but I’d be hard pressed to find a church where the Bible is faithfully preached that is FULL of them.

huntinaz and efw, I agree with what you guys say, but, these are the same people that used to try and get me to go to church with them, they, in fact, through their actions, cause 'me' to be judgmental. crazy

I think they're weak, self serving, immoral, hypocritical dirt bags, I just don't hang with folk like that, look at it as judgmental self preservation.

Posted By: Calvin Re: Christians on the fire - 03/09/19
People who self-identify as Christians often bear fruit that shows them to be frauds. If a person is living an openly sinful lifestyle with no remorse or attempt at repentance, they are christian in name only.

... off-putting to me is to see people preaching one day about Jesus and sinners, and then banging their neighbor's wife
or stealing or lying or just being a general dirtbag.

Does having genuine repentance/remorse for ones transgressions each time one sins, make one a better person than the one who
doesn't have any remorse for all the sins in their life?

IE; If one doesn't depart from sin, what good is remorse after each sin, if one still remains an active repeat offender?
Originally Posted by Starman
... off-putting to me is to see people preaching one day about Jesus and sinners, and then banging their neighbor's wife

Does having genuine repentance/remorse for ones transgressions each time one sins, make one a better person than the one who

IE; If one doesn't depart from sin, what good is remorse if one still remains an active repeat offender?

I'd call it a tie, if that person believes in Christ and knows the sin beforehand and afterwards and knows they are sinning.

You think a consequence is hell, and you do it anyway and just don't care? Repeatedly? Dumbass (although that's pretty rock'n'roll)

You know you are going to hell for eternity and do it anyway? Dumbass

I have a theory that half of Christians don't really believe is schit, they just don't want to go to hell so they say they believe but don't actually care about God.

IE; If one doesn't depart from sin, what good is remorse if one still remains an active repeat offender?

I'd call it a tie, if that person believes in Christ and knows the sin beforehand and afterwards and knows they are sinning.

You think a consequence is hell, and you do it anyway and just don't care? Repeatedly? Dumbass (although that's pretty rock'n'roll)

I have a theory that half of Christians don't really believe is schit, they just don't want to go to hell so they say they believe but don't actually care about God.

Hunt, that's what Mom and Wife said, if you truly have Christ in your heart, you wont act that way or do those things.
Paul said he couldn't help himself from sinning, he knew better but couldn't bring himself to do better.

If he shows remorse after each time he sins, is he a liar or just being honest with himself that he is wicked
and sorry for being such...and can't possibly please God through his actions as a flawed human?

Hunt, that's what Mom and Wife said, if you truly have Christ in your heart, you wont act that way or do those things.

Then we can safely say every human claiming to have Christ in their heart whilst leading a life of sin
is living a lie?
Ted Bundy is an interesting case

He believed in God

He killed 30 to possibly 100 women and raped the crap out of them

He was scared to die (the obvious reasons)

Lotta people say if he accepted Christ, he’s chillin in heaven. And I’m bound for hell. Ain’t that about a bitch?

The human condition is interesting as hell. Pun intended.
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Christians on the fire - 03/09/19

He believed in God

Lotta people say if he accepted Christ, he’s chillin in heaven. And I’m bound for hell. Ain’t that about a bitch?

Satan knows a whole lot about God, and believes in Him too. That doesn't mean he will reside in heaven for eternity either. Human behavior has been the same since the dawn of mankind. God made man perfect, man screwed it all up, and God sent Jesus to make it right. It's really that simple. Accept it or reject it, it's up to each person individually. God knows your heart, man does not.

Not for me to judge. But I still do.I just don't think it's a sin. To judge.

Can't imagine believing in Christ and committing sin every chance I got. But, I'm just a simple man.

Agreed Jahrs, I know men in this community that are dirty business dealing back stabbing greedy dogs, dope heads, alcoholics, womanizing adulterers, then they look at their watches and say, HEY, it's Sunday morning, time to go to church brother. sick

That very level of hypocrisy is another reason I don't go to church, that said, I don't care to hang around people like that anyway, anywhere.

What a cop out! Geeeez. Stay away from church because if a few hypocrites. crazy So much for the vast majority of fine folks that are busting their butts to improve this world. Church is FULL of opportunities to make a difference, serve, and improve the lives of others. Not to mention the opportunity to work on your own spirituality, among others doing the same. My suggestion would be to give church another try, while employing an open mind. Focus more on the lessons and those trying to serve others, and less on the imposters.
Paul said he couldn't help himself from sinning, he knew better but couldn't bring himself to do better.

If he shows remorse after each time he sins, is he a liar or just being honest with himself that he is wicked
and sorry for being such...and can't possibly please God through his actions as a flawed human?

Then we can safely say every human claiming to have Christ in their heart whilst leading a life of sin
is living a lie?

I'm not a Biblical scholar. I'm with Hemingway:

"That Saint Paul... He was a rounder and a chaser and when he was no longer hot he said it was no good, When he was finished he made the rules for us that are still hot."
-Hemingway, A Farewell to Arms

Not for me to judge. But I still do.I just don't think it's a sin. To judge.

Can't imagine believing in Christ and committing sin every chance I got. But, I'm just a simple man.

Same here Man.

He believed in God

Satan knows a whole lot about God, and believes in Him too. That doesn't mean he will reside in heaven for eternity either. Human behavior has been the same since the dawn of mankind. God made man perfect, man screwed it all up, and God sent Jesus to make it right. It's really that simple. Accept it or reject it, it's up to each person individually. God knows your heart, man does not.

He was more afraid of dying than I am. Then again, I'm not set for the chair. I also haven't raped or killed anyone. I've just never thought any of it made sense. Just how Jesus made me.

If it's all true, and He is infallible and omnipotent etc, I expect he coordinated my life entirely. Seems to me like I was framed.

Bundy is in though.

What a cop out! Geeeez. Stay away from church because if a few hypocrites. crazy So much for the vast majority of fine folks that are busting their butts to improve this world. Church is FULL of opportunities to make a difference, serve, and improve the lives of others. Not to mention the opportunity to work on your own spirituality, among others doing the same. My suggestion would be to give church another try, while employing an open mind. Focus more on the lessons and those trying to serve others, and less on the imposters.

No cop out wilkes, you must have missed the part about me 'not' wanting to be a hypocrite, I'm a cursing, cigar smoking, drinking, dirty joke telling, judgmental, prejudice, racist, male chauvinist pig, bigot bastard, as i said earlier, when/if I stop those things someday, then maybe i'll join a church.

I WILL NOT straddle the fence of hypocrisy.
Posted By: renegade50 Re: Christians on the fire - 03/09/19
I sinned this morning checking out Riley Reed on XNXX.
Some of her early stuff.....

Please forgive me God.
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Christians on the fire - 03/09/19

IE; If one doesn't depart from sin, what good is remorse after each sin, if one still remains an active repeat offender?

A lot may have remorse but recognize they will always fall short and have come to the point of accepting they are sinners and cant be otherwise and just move past beating themselves up over it, accept it and forgive themselves and move on.

I will be the last to say i know the best or correct way.

Please forgive me God.

LOL, never heard of it, this PC is tied into a huge network of computers at Wife's work at the hospital, if I went on big boobies dot com, my ass would get caught. laugh

Please forgive me God.

You spelled Reid wrong

My vision is terrible, for all who are interested

Wait... WAIT! Don’t prostitutes not count? We have scripture for this?
I am Roman Catholic also.
So I definately did a bad thing again,,,,,,,,,,, this morning when I flushed.

Posted By: slumlord Re: Christians on the fire - 03/09/19
Lemme give ya a tip

Check out Ashley Sinclair

compact and stacked and not stingy with the punani
Lemme give ya a tip

Definitely not hubbing her now
I am Roman Catholic also.
So I definately did a bad thing again,,,,,,,,,,, this morning when I flushed.

Amen

Please forgive me God.

You spelled Reid wrong

My bad....
Lemme give ya a tip

Give me about 10 minutes..

Hahaha!!!!
Youre welcome

Check her out in "happy graduation present to stepson"
Lemme give ya a tip

Give me about 10 minutes..

Hahaha!!!!

3 minutes is all ya need

Please forgive me God.

You spelled Reid wrong

Mary Magdeline ????

She had it going on .....

No cop out wilkes, you must have missed the part about me 'not' wanting to be a hypocrite, I'm a cursing, cigar smoking, drinking, dirty joke telling, judgmental, prejudice, racist, male chauvinist pig, bigot bastard, as i said earlier, when/if I stop those things someday, then maybe i'll join a church.

I WILL NOT straddle the fence of hypocrisy.

10/4. I got ya.
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Christians on the fire - 03/09/19
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Christians on the fire - 03/09/19
OK, who's loaded tonight?
Who looked at a pretty woman today?
Who cursed today?
Who cheats on their taxes?
Who thinks about it?

Jesus said you think it, you done it.

Take a number.
Youre welcome

Check her out in "happy graduation present to stepson"

Ok so I Google- fu
"Ashley Sinclair happy graduation present to stepson"

Gotcha

Might save that one for tommorow mornings sinning session....
I left a floater in the chic fil a terlot,

I wanted Corky to see it, am i bad a person?
This mofo ain't getting past 12 PAGES without a radical subject change.
Who cursed today?
Who thinks about it?

Take a number.

Yes
Yes
Yes
I plead the fifth
Yes
Don't care

Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Christians on the fire - 03/09/19

Gawd almighty......you have to ask??
Poor Corky
Who cursed today?
Who thinks about it?

Take a number.

Not yet.
Every chance I get.
Most days, but some how I missed that one today.
Not today.
Avoid yes, cut corners, yes again.
On this count the writers of the NT are wrong. Thinking about murder is in no way morally equivalent to actually doing it.
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Christians on the fire - 03/09/19

He believed in God

He was more afraid of dying than I am. Then again, I'm not set for the chair. I also haven't raped or killed anyone. I've just never thought any of it made sense. Just how Jesus made me.

If it's all true, and He is infallible and omnipotent etc, I expect he coordinated my life entirely. Seems to me like I was framed.

Bundy is in though.

He gave you, me, and every other human free will to choose, and that's how we conduct our lives, and we will be judged accordingly. He wants us to choose to love and follow Him.
Lol
[Linked Image]
See what I mean about christian bashing? ^^^^And you guys keep coming back for more. And gain nothing as it concerns others, and lose some concerning yourselves.
Point on the meme what’s incorrect

Are we pretending that Christians in this country or even this forum are the group that’s most persecuted?
Victim mentality
Show me on the doll where the holy spirit touches people.

Besides their wallets.
Show me on the doll where the holy spirit touches people.

Besides their wallets.

Praise the Lord and pass the offering plate brother...
[Linked Image]
Posted By: 79S Re: Christians on the fire - 03/09/19
So what was the question again???
Religous hyprocrites.
Just an observation

Nothing more worse than a judgmental christian they are worse of the bunch..
Religous hyprocrites.

So is fireball a religious hypocrite, he did say his wife Consuela was lazy and didn't carry her weight at hotel/motel fireball inn?? But she also said he was lazy and didn't help out much either so does that make them both bad Christians?? Im super confused now..
All of us are I geuss......
This thread has went south

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by 79S
Religous hyprocrites.

So is fireball a religious hypocrite, he did say his wife Consuela was lazy and didn't carry her weight at hotel/motel fireball inn?? But she also said he was lazy and didn't help out much either so does that make them both bad Christians?? Im super confused now..

Didn't she get cracked over the head with a "fullie" ?
Posted By: Rooster7 Re: Christians on the fire - 03/09/19
Originally Posted by hanco
I certainly believe in God and Jesus. I pray to them, I’m not as good as I would like to be, but I’m better than I was when I was young. I don’t really know what a Christian is. I call myself a believer.

I’ve heard people in business say Christians will Fuuck you quicker that anyone. They say they won’t do business with a Christian. I don’t want people saying that about me. So, is that what Christians do???? Has anyone else heard that about Christian’s??? I’m not trying to offend anyone. Just saying what I’ve heard.

You're thinking of Hutterites Gus. Hutterites.
The usual character assassins just love talking about my marriage but Oh my gosh let's not involve family whatever we do!

Fucque you.
How was work today?

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Originally Posted by hanco

You're thinking of Hutterites Gus. Hutterites.

How many times have any of us.
Known that good religious self professing abiding person of whatever faith.
Show a total different side of themselves in matters concerning monetary benefit or gain...

Hmmmmmm......
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Christians on the fire - 03/09/19
So Jesus to the prostitute to go andvsin no more.

Did she believe?

Was she successful? Did she sin no more? Do you sin no more?

How many have gone on living and sinning and beating themselves up over their failure to the point they said to hell with it and quit trying and turned from the Lord rather than continue to face their shame at their shortcomings?

Is salvation free or does one have to dig out their eye or cut off their tongue? Is that not works? Anf if thats done does their mind not committ sin? What is the remedy then - suicide?

Hey, then one would sin no more.

You are a smart man Gunner.

[Linked Image]

Beautiful.

lookin in my files............

[Linked Image]

Thats creepy af
The bible is truly gods words VERBATIM.....

People in positions of power and authority thruout time have NEVER had any influence in what they wanted and didnt want in it.
Or creating all the spin off series of religions.
God did all that.........

BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!
Those gnomes always remind me of mannlicker
The bible is truly gods words VERBATIM.....

People in positions of power and authority thruout time have NEVER had any influence in what they wanted and didnt want in it.
Or creating all the spin off series of religions.

BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pump the brakes
I wish the jehovah's or mormon,s would do the neighborhood save some souls tour.

It's been awhile.

Love to have a smoke and a cup of coffee on the porch and listen to em again.

Im just wondering who got banged on this holiday inn ottoman i got my slice of pizza sittin on.
Im just wondering who got banged on this holiday inn ottoman i got my slice of pizza sittin on.

That Sinclair porn star chick maybe????
Im hoping nobody

I better double my napkin
I wish the jehovah's or mormon,s would do the neighborhood save some souls tour.

It's been awhile.

Love to have a smoke and a cup of coffee on the porch and listen to em again.

I enjoy meeting them with a copy of The Skeptics Annotated Bible in hand.
He knows what will happen then and now, it is His will.

Why would I worry about it?

Regarding spin off series, I mean, I don’t know why you would raise an eyebrow over men arguing* about God. Why wouldn’t men argue over the ONE enduring universal purest truth? Especially when they could pray about it?

*arguing (if we read history) may =arguing/killing/enslaving/torturing/raping/ruling/hating

For an extra hilarious history lesson, research Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon. The Book of Abraham is especially hilarious.
Still waitin to hear about those Catholic pee-pee touchers; men of the cloth yet. Teach me. Bring me to the promised land.

Regarding spin off series, I mean, I don’t know why you would raise an eyebrow over men arguing* about God. Why wouldn’t men argue over the ONE enduring universal purest truth? Especially when they could pray about it?

*arguing (if we read history) may =arguing/killing/enslaving/torturing/raping/ruling/hating

For an extra hilarious history lesson, research Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon. The Book of Abraham is especially hilarious.

Has anyone actually seen old Joe's gold tablets???
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
Still waitin to hear about those Catholic pee-pee touchers; men of the cloth yet. Teach me. Bring me to the promised land.

The abuse of power in the pursuit of sexual gratification at the expense of the innocent is beyond inexcusable. But again, this problem is not limited to the Catholics, nor Christianity. Parts of the Muslim world take this to an entirely different level.

As the story goes, didn't they get whisked away to heaven after he was done reading them?
Those gnomes always remind me of mannlicker

He's ignoring those mountains
The usual character assassins just love talking about my marriage but Oh my gosh let's not involve family whatever we do!

Fucque you.

Well gees that is not very christian like. If it helps my wife cries every night cause she is married to me..

As the story goes, didn't they get whisked away to heaven after he was done reading them?

Wasnt their some alien dude involved from 50 or 80 k years ago.

Amazing what old dudes can come up with for others to beleive for access to young pussy.....

JFC even God and Jesus had to have laughed at that! I have tears!
Posted By: Salty303 Re: Christians on the fire - 03/09/19

Livin large slum. lmao!

Wasn't their some alien dude involved from 50 or 80 k years ago.

Amazing what old dudes can come up with for others to believe for access to young pussy.....

Naa. You are confusing the Mormons with the Scientologist:

They are next level crazy:

Here's the short version:

And here's the long version:

Scientologists are so nuts that in the South Park episode when they talked about their believes, they flashed red letters on the screen that they were tell what they really believed, and were not making it up.

Originally Posted by Rooster7

JFC even God and Jesus had to have laughed at that! I have tears!

I can't quit laughing!
Originally Posted by efw

.... If we weren’t sinful He wouldn’t have needed to establish His Church.

Some see church as a museum for saints, ..others see it as a hospital for the sick ...some see it as a morgue for the dead.

Sinners are the evil dead...all are born dead in sin.

that is unless you know some church going folks who have become genuinely 'dead to sin'...?

Paul explains that those who are in Christ, by faith and through baptism participate in his death on the cross.
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans+6%3A1-6%3A23

Romans 6: (KJV)

1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?

2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father,
even so we also should walk in newness of life.

5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:

6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.

8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:

9 Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.

10 For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.

11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.

13 Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive
from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.

14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death,
or of obedience unto righteousness?

17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.

18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

19 I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh: for as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness
and to iniquity unto iniquity; even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness.

20 For when ye were the servants of sin, ye were free from righteousness.

21 What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death.

22 But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.

23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
See what I mean about christian bashing? ^^^^And you guys keep coming back for more. And gain nothing as it concerns others, and lose some concerning yourselves.

Look who's back!

Fucque you.

Always a victim.
How was work today?

[Linked Image]

I wish you'd be this funny more often.

Fucque you.

Always a victim.

Wasn't their some alien dude involved from 50 or 80 k years ago.

Amazing what old dudes can come up with for others to believe for access to young pussy.....

Naa. You are confusing the Mormons with the Scientologist:

They are next level crazy:

Here's the short version:

And here's the long version:

Scientologists are so nuts that in the South Park episode when they talked about their believes, they flashed red letters on the screen that they were tell what they really believed, and were not making it up.

My bad. It's all pretty confusing.

Sort of...

See he couldn't show anyone the gold plates or they would die. So he translated (from behind a curtain) like 100 pages and lent the manuscript to a friend/investor and the idiot lost them. So the angel Moroni was pissed. So he took away the gold plates forever. And old Joe had to translate the rest with a seer stone that he put in a hat that allowed him to read the words. See, he had a seer stone to help him find buried treasure. Not for himself, he would sell that information to treasure hunters. As you would.
Originally Posted by 79S

What a stupid, stupid statement.
Posted By: Sauer200 Re: Christians on the fire - 03/09/19
Originally Posted by 79S

Yeah because judgemental "christians" shed such a positive light and really draw others in.

Originally Posted by Sauer200
Originally Posted by 79S

Yeah because judgemental "christians" shed such a positive light and really draw others in.

I much prefer the hypocrites who aren’t Christian “because Christians are SO judgmental”, as they judge those Christians by the standards their irreligiousness disallows them from upholding.

There are just as many hypocritical and judgmental people inside religion as outside. The factor that really makes Christians stand out is their willingness to hold themselves to a higher standard.

Everyone whether Christian or humanist or whatever would greatly improve the world if they worried as much about their own behavior as they do “those horrible other people”.
Posted By: IZH27 Re: Christians on the fire - 03/09/19
Maybe Christianity gets such a bad name because self righteous moralists don’t realize that they are actually sinners as they strut around in their righteous robes.
Maybe Christianity gets such a bad name because self righteous moralists don’t realize that they are actually sinners as they strut around in their righteous robes.

When self proclaimed Christians do that they’re condemned by Christians not just anti-Christians. You’re preaching to the choir.

Maybe the reason anti-Christians get such a bad name is because self righteous moralists don’t realize they are actually sinners as they strut around in their righteous robes.

My point being that the sins committed by Christians are committed by all people.
Posted By: JSTUART Re: Christians on the fire - 03/09/19
Originally Posted by 79S

Correct, it should have been "the worst".
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by 79S

Well yeah after thousands of years spent editing the Bible so as to maximize the power we can exert over unsuspecting dolts we have learned proper grammar and spelling.

At least give us that.
Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by 79S

Well yeah after thousands of years spent editing the Bible so as to maximize the power we can exert over unsuspecting dolts we have learned proper grammar and spelling.

At least give us that.

True...a crutch for the weak and a stick to beat the stupid with.
Let's keep the christian bashing thread up top so everyone can see where they always go.
Let's keep the christian bashing thread up top so everyone can see where they always go.

Religous zealots are like poofs...they should keep it to themselves and not decide to convert everyone around them.

Apparently neither seem to be able to resist the temptation though.

Religous zealots are like poofs...they should keep it to themselves and not decide to convert everyone around them.

Apparently neither seem to be able to resist the temptation though.

Who has tried to convert anyone on this thread?

Are you saying that a group of people with similar beliefs having a discussion in a public forum that you choose to look at or not look at are “trying to convert everyone around them”?
Originally Posted by efw

Are you saying that a group of people with similar beliefs having a discussion in a public forum that you choose to look at or not look at are “trying to convert everyone around them”?

Consider yourself a religous zealot huh?
Originally Posted by efw

Consider yourself a religous zealot huh?

Ha!

Good non-answer.

Everyone is religious; even the anti-religious.

Especially those who see a thread that “offends” their tender sensibilities and are drawn like a moth to the flame. Zealot would be an appropriate characterization.

You protest too much. It’d be therapeutic to bend the knee; it will bring you peace. Seriously.
Originally Posted by efw

Ha!

Good non-answer.

Everyone is religious; even the anti-religious.

Especially those who see a thread that “offends” their tender sensibilities and are drawn like a moth to the flame. Zealot would be an appropriate characterization.

You protest too much. It’d be therapeutic to bend the knee; it will bring you peace. Seriously.

Let you in on a little secret, I am deeply religious...I just generally like to keep it between myself and my maker.
Originally Posted by efw

When self proclaimed Christians do that they’re condemned by Christians not just anti-Christians. You’re preaching to the choir.

Maybe the reason anti-Christians get such a bad name is because self righteous moralists don’t realize they are actually sinners as they strut around in their righteous robes.

My point being that the sins committed by Christians are committed by all people.

A strong argument can be made it’s not self proclaimed Christians who are moralist but people who actually believe in Christ. I don’t know if any person who perfectly obeys the Ten Commandments for a single hour yet most denominations teach that Christianity is a better morality than other religions. They tell a person that they need grace but that they stay in good standing by being good moral people. That message certainly isn’t consistent with the Gospel. .

A strong argument can be made it’s not self proclaimed Christians who are moralist but people who actually believe in Christ. I don’t know if any person who perfectly obeys the Ten Commandments for a single hour yet most denominations teach that Christianity is a better morality than other religions. They tell a person that they need grace but that they stay in good standing by being good moral people. That message certainly isn’t consistent with the Gospel. .

Without being too simplistic, most cannot seem to separate religion and church.

One is a personal relationship with your maker, the other is control.

Without being too simplistic, most cannot seem to separate religion and church.

One is a personal relationship with your maker, the other is control.

It’s certainly been abused that way for centuries. Then there are the modern people with 25 lb KJV Bibles that like to batter people around. Batter is good for fish, not people.
Posted By: AcesNeights Re: Christians on the fire - 03/09/19
These threads always crack me up. There’s nothing quite as funny as seeing one of the Queens subjects from Australia feel emboldened enough on an American hunting and firearm website to join the pig pile in virtually every “Christian” bashing thread. The feeling of freedom is his mirage, may he drink till he’s full from his cup that runneth over. 😂

You’re overgeneralizing here and in doing so you’re mixing different teachings of different factions within the Christian tradition. It’s far from monolithic, and when you ignore that it makes for a convenient straw man whether intentionally or ignorantly.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by efw

You’re overgeneralizing here and in doing so you’re mixing different teachings of different factions within the Christian tradition. It’s far from monolithic, and when you ignore that it makes for a convenient straw man whether intentionally or ignorantly.

If you’ve never read Christian Smith I’d suggest googling his name with the word moralistic. You’ll want to find the article written by him about moralism within the Christian faith in America.
i always trust a Christian.
Originally Posted by efw

If you’ve never read Christian Smith I’d suggest googling his name with the word moralistic. You’ll want to find the article written by him about moralism within the Christian faith in America.

Yep I have moralistic therapeutic deism. I agree with a lot of what he says I was raised with a lot of that non-sense.
Yep. And it still dominates. I believe that is the reason that skeptics have a great argument on the fire.

I will admit that I’m generalizing but the generalization fits the majority if only by default.
© 24hourcampfire