Home
Posted By: Whelenman Little brother - 03/10/19
Little brother is beating up big brother. AGAIN!!!!

Go State Go
Posted By: gophergunner Re: Little brother - 03/10/19
Anyone but the Wolverodents.
Posted By: AJ300MAG Re: Little brother - 03/10/19
Originally Posted by Whelenman

Go State Go

Wanna bet who goes deeper in the big dance??? 😉
Posted By: Whelenman Re: Little brother - 03/10/19
Originally Posted by gophergunner
Anyone but the Wolverodents.

A Woverine is just a big weasel!
Posted By: Whelenman Re: Little brother - 03/11/19
Probably neither will go far!
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: Little brother - 03/11/19
But it is a damn mean weasel!
Posted By: gophergunner Re: Little brother - 03/12/19
Unless they're playing the Buckeyes in football.
Posted By: MontanaMan Re: Little brother - 03/12/19

This.

U-M has been very badly over-rated all year (as their football teams usually are too) & finally got exposed for the pretenders they really are as their 2 losses to MSU clearly show.

MSU has played some gritty ball at times w/o 2 of their 3 best players, & but completely went to sleep at other times like two losses to IN...............but given that 2 of their 3 best players are out, it's hard to really expect consistency.

Both will likely not make it past round 2, but U-M always seems to get very favored status as far as seeding & the region they get put into goes; MSU, just the opposite as the NCAA seems to really love to stick it to Izzo.

MM
Posted By: AJ300MAG Re: Little brother - 03/12/19
Originally Posted by MontanaMan

This.

U-M has been very badly over-rated all year (as their football teams usually are too) & finally got exposed for the pretenders they really are as their 2 losses to MSU clearly show.

MSU has played some gritty ball at times w/o 2 of their 3 best players, & but completely went to sleep at other times like two losses to IN...............but given that 2 of their 3 best players are out, it's hard to really expect consistency.

Both will likely not make it past round 2, but U-M always seems to get very favored status as far as seeding & the region they get put into goes; MSU, just the opposite as the NCAA seems to really love to stick it to Izzo.

MM

You've got that backwards my friend. Moo-u gets seed in a local regional while M has to travel. And looked who ended up in the final last year...

Imagonna send ouzo a case of crying towels to wipe up his tears when he's crying to the refs. 🤣
Posted By: Whelenman Re: Little brother - 03/12/19
Only crying will be from meeeeeechigan!
Posted By: MontanaMan Re: Little brother - 03/13/19
Originally Posted by AJ300MAG

This.

MM

You've got that backwards my friend. Moo-u gets seed in a local regional while M has to travel. And looked who ended up in the final last year...

Imagonna send ouzo a case of crying towels to wipe up his tears when he's crying to the refs. 🤣

U-M's bracket last year was cakewalk & their seeding was also much better in a weak regional....................that's just fact whether you like it or not.

So even though MSU had a closer geographical regional last year, they got hosed on seeding & their bracket was much harder; again just fact as it happened.

MM
Posted By: AJ300MAG Re: Little brother - 03/13/19

This.

MM

U-M's bracket last year was cakewalk & their seeding was also much better in a weak regional....................that's just fact whether you like it or not.

So even though MSU had a closer geographical regional last year, they got hosed on seeding & their bracket was much harder; again just fact as it happened.

MM

Moo-u's bracket was harder? 🤣

Didn't moo-u lose in the second round to a 13th seeded Syracuse, a team that wasn't even in the top 25?

🤣🤣🤣
Posted By: Whelenman Re: Little brother - 03/13/19
Proof it was a harder bracket !! wink
Posted By: AJ300MAG Re: Little brother - 03/13/19
Admit it Denny, they both suck. Moo-u sucks harder...
Posted By: MontanaMan Re: Little brother - 03/14/19
As we said before, neither is going to go very far.........if either does, it'll be a surprise to me.
State, with Ward & Langford, though is honestly a better team this year, though; w/o them, they're just mid-pack.

MM
Posted By: Whelenman Re: Little brother - 03/17/19
Boy you get tired of beating the same old team time after time. wink
Posted By: Morewood Re: Little brother - 03/17/19
Does this forum have a March Madness bracketology contest?
Posted By: Whelenman Re: Little brother - 03/18/19
Don't know!
Posted By: Ghostinthemachine Re: Little brother - 03/18/19
I watched the game.

Never discount the Izzo factor. Great coach.
Posted By: MontanaMan Re: Little brother - 03/18/19
And once again, MSU get's hosed in the brackets vs where UM ended up.....................not just me, all the experts are even talking about the huge discrepancies & wondering WTF the selection committee is doing.

MSU has played with a lot of heart, but they can't beat DUKE (best in the country) on their best day; UM gets the weakest #1 in their bracket & after losing 3 times to MSU, did not even deserve a #2 seed, besides.

MM
Posted By: CharlieFoxtrot Re: Little brother - 03/19/19
Give me Beilein any day over Izzo. B lost a bunch of players after the National Championship last year and still went to the Big 10 championship beating Villanova and North Carolina along the way. Head to head, Michigan Agricultural won 3 and UM won the 3 before that. It's all about how you do in the dance. Izzo's magic has passed him by...Middle Tennessee State anyone? Beilein has been to the NC 2xs in the past 5 years and a sweet 16. Pretty solid.

Oh, and little bro is still down all time 100-84. wink
Posted By: MontanaMan Re: Little brother - 03/19/19
Yeah, I generally agree about Izzo, but he did out-coach Belien this year 3 times, & coaching did matter this year, but even though MSU has been decimated by injuries, UM has been pretty badly over-rated all year & got most favored status in the NCAA bracketing.

Having said all that, given their bracket & the opposition makeup, if they play decently, UM has a much better chance to beat Gonzaga & get to the final 4 than MSU does...............they cannot beat DUKE; actually, unless they go to sleep, no one else will either.

DUKE should be the tournament winner.

MM
Posted By: Theeck Re: Little brother - 03/23/19
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
Give me Beilein any day over Izzo. B lost a bunch of players after the National Championship last year and still went to the Big 10 championship beating Villanova and North Carolina along the way. Head to head, Michigan Agricultural won 3 and UM won the 3 before that. It's all about how you do in the dance. Izzo's magic has passed him by...Middle Tennessee State anyone? Beilein has been to the NC 2xs in the past 5 years and a sweet 16. Pretty solid.

Villanova won the Championship last year.
Posted By: m_stevenson Re: Little brother - 03/23/19
Yeah, I generally agree about Izzo, but he did out-coach Belien this year 3 times, & coaching did matter this year, but even though MSU has been decimated by injuries, UM has been pretty badly over-rated all year & got most favored status in the NCAA bracketing.

Having said all that, given their bracket & the opposition makeup, if they play decently, UM has a much better chance to beat Gonzaga & get to the final 4 than MSU does...............they cannot beat DUKE; actually, unless they go to sleep, no one else will either.

DUKE should be the tournament winner.

MM

There you go speaking truth over fandom. What in heck are you doing sullying this thread with all that sense making? wink
Posted By: CharlieFoxtrot Re: Little brother - 03/23/19
Originally Posted by Theeck

Villanova won the Championship last year.

Yep and UM beat them this year in a rematch.
Posted By: MontanaMan Re: Little brother - 03/23/19

A day late & a dollar short....................new year, new teams; that means less than nothing.

MM
Posted By: CharlieFoxtrot Re: Little brother - 03/23/19
When you beat last years NC on the way to a 17-0 start it means UM is better than anyone expected them to be after graduating their best players. FWIW, UM has good D but not so much on O. I have them going to the F4 because of their bracket. I have MooU going to the Sweet 16. North Carolina to win it all.
Posted By: Theeck Re: Little brother - 03/23/19

A day late & a dollar short....................new year, new teams; that means less than nothing.

MM

Villanova lost their 4 best players. I wouldn’t really call it a rematch. Last year’s Villanova team was on another level. Michigan is good this year, though. I have them in the final 4 in my pool. I optimistically have Villanova winning tonight but losing their next game. Realistically, I think there is a good cgance they lose tonight.
Posted By: AKwolverine Re: Little brother - 03/23/19
As we said before, neither is going to go very far.........if either does, it'll be a surprise to me.
State, with Ward & Langford, though is honestly a better team this year, though; w/o them, they're just mid-pack.

MM

Surprise!

3 years in a row...

I will concede, you are consistent in your dislike for UM.
Posted By: tpcollins Re: Little brother - 03/23/19
Originally Posted by AKwolverine

MM

Surprise!

3 years in a row...

If the Gophers beat the Spartoons tonight I might jerk off for 3 days straight!
Posted By: MontanaMan Re: Little brother - 03/24/19
Originally Posted by AKwolverine

MM

Surprise!

3 years in a row...

You're right, UM is a badly misguided liberal cesspool that has defied rulings to stop its preferential enrollment practices that badly discriminate against white males...............all the while using my tax $$$.

In addition, the fawning media falls all over themselves, as they do with football, to make them out to be better than they ever really are. Had season ticket during the Schembechler era until I got tired of seeing them lose bowl games to teams they should never have lost to.

So today, MSU get's all my money.

But I will take back what I said about them not going far, not because they are a great team this year, but once again, as with last year, they get the absolute softest bracket, while MSU gets the hardest.................even the analysts have been shaking their heads trying to understand the logic of the selection committee.

It's easy, really...............the NCAA does not like Izzo & so they get penalize by the bracket assignment, again.

So, yes, fu^ck UM.

PS: I just fired another UM grad egomanic who couldn't check his ego at the door everyday when he came to work & couldn't get along with anyone on staff.

MM
Posted By: Whelenman Re: Little brother - 03/30/19

Go State Go

Wanna bet who goes deeper in the big dance??? 😉

I should have taken you up on that!!!!
© 24hourcampfire