Home
Posted By: Hammer2506 6.5 Creedlymore - 03/16/19
Know a few guys hunting with this round who were target practicing recently and killed all their deer just by shooting targets in the area. Folks be aware this round is not for the faint at heart and is very deadly so use with caution when busting it off, you could kill every animal within 2 square mile area that you are shooting. Animals just fall dead when the creedlymore is busted off.
Posted By: montanabadger Re: 6.5 Creedlymore - 03/16/19
GFY
Posted By: Quak Re: 6.5 Creedlymore - 03/16/19
I don't like a lot of the CM fanboys but to be honest its a great round. If it weren't as mainstream it would be the gun loony sweetheart
Posted By: Hammer2506 Re: 6.5 Creedlymore - 03/16/19
Such a brutal round!
Posted By: SKane Re: 6.5 Creedlymore - 03/16/19
The sphinctriloquist posts again.

Sooooooooo much butt hurt.
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: 6.5 Creedlymore - 03/16/19
Another mouth punker.
Posted By: Pahntr760 Re: 6.5 Creedlymore - 03/16/19
The OP is a clown
Posted By: Tom264 Re: 6.5 Creedlymore - 03/16/19
Originally Posted by Pahntr760
The OP is a clown

You give him way too much credit
Posted By: Borchardt Re: 6.5 Creedlymore - 03/16/19
It's one thing to be ignorant, but why call attention to it.
Posted By: viking Re: 6.5 Creedlymore - 03/16/19
Airburst eh
Posted By: montanabadger Re: 6.5 Creedlymore - 05/21/19
I can think of nothing a 25-06 will do that a "6.5 Creedlymore" won't do just as well, and I own them both, Hammer!
Posted By: hanco Re: 6.5 Creedlymore - 05/21/19
A 270 will outshine them both.
Posted By: GregW Re: 6.5 Creedlymore - 05/21/19
Originally Posted by hanco

Tell us how other than it's good on pigs...
Posted By: ldholton Re: 6.5 Creedlymore - 05/21/19
Originally Posted by Quak
I don't like a lot of the CM fanboys but to be honest its a great round. If it weren't as mainstream it would be the gun loony sweetheart

+1

I've owned several of those too, not in my experience.
The 270 will kill cshit out of pigs!!!
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: 6.5 Creedlymore - 05/21/19
So will .22 RF most days.

I'm not being disrespectful or snotty. The Creed would have been awesome back in Jurassic times. Almost as good as napalm.
Posted By: GregW Re: 6.5 Creedlymore - 05/21/19
The 270 will kill cshit out of pigs!!!

Right on cue! Awesome!
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: 6.5 Creedlymore - 05/21/19
Like having a canister round.....well, 4 or 5 canister rounds right at your finger tips.
Posted By: MickeyD Re: 6.5 Creedlymore - 05/21/19
I know what a 6.5 creedMOOR is. BWTH is a 6.5 creedMORE?
Most, it seems, appear to be singing the praises of this round and don't even know it's correct name.

Before any of you go looking for a rope and a stout oak tree, this all meant in jest....smile a little. grin laugh
Posted By: bigsqueeze Re: 6.5 Creedlymore - 05/21/19
Originally Posted by Hammer2506
Know a few guys hunting with this round who were target practicing recently and killed all their deer just by shooting targets in the area. Folks be aware this round is not for the faint at heart and is very deadly so use with caution when busting it off, you could kill every animal within 2 square mile area that you are shooting. Animals just fall dead when the creedlymore is busted off.
......................Well then!..............Everyone should empty their safes, sell all of their rifles and just buy a 6.5 Creed to use as a ONE RIFLE do all cartridge..................................This round walks on water!!
I have three, I could use another!
Posted By: Dirtfarmer Re: 6.5 Creedlymore - 05/21/19
Got a Creed, also a .270, just don't talk about that one much... blush

Even the red headed step child can be dangerous... grin

Deer and hogs cannot tell the difference, only here on the Fire...

DF
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: 6.5 Creedlymore - 05/21/19
30-06 covers it all.
Posted By: alwaysoutdoors Re: 6.5 Creedlymore - 05/21/19
257 Creed Roberts
Posted By: JamesJr Re: 6.5 Creedlymore - 05/21/19
I have a 6.5 Creedmoor. I have never considered the 22 centerfires to be adequate deer cartridges, yes, they'll most certainly kill a deer....on the other hand, so will a 22 rimfire. It has always been my belief that the 243 is the minimum deer cartridge, with the 270 being the perfect one. The 6.5 is a compromise, it has about as much killing power as a 270, with the recoil of the 243, and in a short action, which I prefer.

Having said that, no cartridge is magic, as the performance of ANY cartridge falls directly upon the man behind the gun. There are a host of cartridges that will work perfectly for deer sized game, and I've used a bunch of them. Just as there are those who are stupid enough to believe that the 6.5 Creedmoor has some kind of magical properties that make it far better than anything else, there are those who are stupid enough to pretend it doesn't exist. It's here to stay, it's a good cartridge, just as there are a host of other good ones as well.
Posted By: RIO7 Re: 6.5 Creedlymore - 05/21/19
JamesJr, It's good you know your limitations. Rio7
Originally Posted by JamesJr
I have a 6.5 Creedmoor. I have never considered the 22 centerfires to be adequate deer cartridges, yes, they'll most certainly kill a deer....on the other hand, so will a 22 rimfire. It has always been my belief that the 243 is the minimum deer cartridge, with the 270 being the perfect one. The 6.5 is a compromise, it has about as much killing power as a 270, with the recoil of the 243, and in a short action, which I prefer.

Having said that, no cartridge is magic, as the performance of ANY cartridge falls directly upon the man behind the gun. There are a host of cartridges that will work perfectly for deer sized game, and I've used a bunch of them. Just as there are those who are stupid enough to believe that the 6.5 Creedmoor has some kind of magical properties that make it far better than anything else, there are those who are stupid enough to pretend it doesn't exist. It's here to stay, it's a good cartridge, just as there are a host of other good ones as well.

What is this "moor" chitt?

I got more, wanna fight about it?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Get a 270 Weatherby
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: 6.5 Creedlymore - 05/21/19
And all this time I thought that it was just another popular medium case capacity cartridge.
Get a 270 Weatherby

Bud has one, Shilen barrel on old Ruger tanger 7RM. I’m going to load 140 Fed Trophy and Accubonds as 130’s were a bit expansive at those speeds. That round is a hammer. With 130’s it’ll just about match the 26 Nosler with140’s. Deer and hogs can’t tell 130’s from 140’s.

DF
Posted By: tikkanut Re: 6.5 Creedlymore - 05/21/19

just buy a 6.5x55

the original 6.5mm.......

will be here long after the CM dies off.......

https://www.ballisticstudies.com/Knowledgebase/6.5x55.html
Originally Posted by tikkanut

just buy a 6.5x55

Aren't there 6.5mm military cartridges older than the 6.5x55?

If so, wouldn't the earliest of them be the original 6.5mm.......?
Good thing they told you where the battery was!
Posted By: tikkanut Re: 6.5 Creedlymore - 05/21/19
Originally Posted by 260Remguy

just buy a 6.5x55

......?

not sure...the Swede I think is the most popular
Posted By: centershot Re: 6.5 Creedlymore - 05/21/19
First 2 groups from the Bergara Woodsman in 6.5 Creedmoor last weekend testing OAL. Should probably get rid of it and buy a 260 Rem.
[Linked Image]

just buy a 6.5x55

......?

Just read that the Swede is the oldest 6.5 round currently in use.

So, don't know which was the first.

DF
Posted By: local_dirt Re: 6.5 Creedlymore - 05/21/19
Originally Posted by SKane
The sphinctriloquist posts again.

Sooooooooo much butt hurt.

sphinctriloquist ?

Gotta remember that one.

You're killin' me, dude. smile

LMAO.
Posted By: RickyD Re: 6.5 Creedlymore - 05/21/19

Having said that, no cartridge is magic, as the performance of ANY cartridge falls directly upon the man behind the gun. There are a host of cartridges that will work perfectly for deer sized game, and I've used a bunch of them. Just as there are those who are stupid enough to believe that the 6.5 Creedmore has some kind of magical properties that make it far better than anything else, there are those who are stupid enough to pretend it doesn't exist. It's here to stay, it's a good cartridge, just as there are a host of other good ones as well.

It has the same "magic" that all 6.5 rounds do: Long for caliber projectiles. That gives a 6.5 more push through quarry and makes it appear to hit above it's class, because it does. I have two 6.5x55's and a 6.5x284. All are tack drivers with most any load I work up. The only Creedmore I may make some room for in my safe would be an AR10 variety.

just buy a 6.5x55

......?

I'd agree that the 6.5x55 made the transition from military to sporting cartridge more successfully than any of the others in the group of six 6.5mm bore military cartridges that were introduced between 1891 and 1904.

6.5x50 Japanese 1897
6.5x52 Italian 1891
6.5x53R Dutch & Romanian 1893
6.5x54 Greek 1903
6.5x55 Norwegian & Swedish 1894
6.5x58 Portuguese 1904

Old guys like me can remember when you could mail order firearms and ammo from outfits like Klein's. Lots of surplus military firearms, some good buys and some not so good.
Posted By: 16bore Re: 6.5 Creedlymore - 05/21/19
Killing animals, poking holes in paper, and ringing steel is very complicated.
Posted By: Armednfree Re: 6.5 Creedlymore - 05/21/19

just buy a 6.5x55

Technically I believe the Carcano is slightly older.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Good thing they told you where the battery was!

Ya can't have lightning bolts w/o electricity.
Posted By: 340boy Re: 6.5 Creedlymore - 05/21/19
Originally Posted by DigitalDan

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Oh wow, daddy is home and he brought his toys! Let's go play!!
grin
Originally Posted by 340boy
Originally Posted by DigitalDan

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Oh wow, daddy is home and he brought his toys! Let's go play!!
grin

Looks like a Texas hog hunter....

DF

just buy a 6.5x55

......?

I'd agree that the 6.5x55 made the transition from military to sporting cartridge more successfully than any of the others in the group of six 6.5mm bore military cartridges that were introduced between 1891 and 1904.

6.5x50 Japanese 1897
6.5x52 Italian 1891
6.5x53R Dutch & Romanian 1893
6.5x54 Greek 1903
6.5x55 Norwegian & Swedish 1894
6.5x58 Portuguese 1904

Old guys like me can remember when you could mail order firearms and ammo from outfits like Klein's. Lots of surplus military firearms, some good buys and some not so good.

Yep, those were the days.

Wish I had a pile of those $40 Lugers we saw, plus all those cheap military rifles stacked in a barrel.

Knowing what I know now, would like to revisit those sources.

DF
Posted By: Theeck Re: 6.5 Creedlymore - 05/21/19
Originally Posted by montanabadger
I can think of nothing a 25-06 will do that a "6.5 Creedlymore" won't do just as well, and I own them both, Hammer!

I own both too but I favor the 25-06 slightly. You can get more speed from it and shoot lighter bullets. The 25-06 is my favorite cartridge to shoot. I know the ballistic coefficients of some of the 6.5s give it an edge when the ranges get real long but I am not a long-range shooter.

What I prefer in the Creedmoor is that it is a shorter rifle. Not just the action but the 6.5 shoots well out of a shorter barrel compared to the 25-05. My 25-06 is a 24" barrel and I have heard that you lose a lot by going shorter.

They are both good rounds. There is nothing magic about any of them. I don't understand why some people seem anti-Creedmoor.
Originally Posted by Theeck
I don't understand why some people seem anti-Creedmoor.

They probably resent all the hype the CM has garnered.

And people can be protective of "their" brand, Chevy guys bad mouthing Fords, etc.

So if one has a .260 that they love, and someone tells them a CM is better, they tend to fuzz up... blush

Just human nature.

Boys will be boys...

DF
Posted By: 340boy Re: 6.5 Creedlymore - 05/21/19
As a long time 6.5X55 shooter, I welcome the advent of the Creedmore, as it has brought a lot more suitable component bullets to the market? Though my memory might be a bit fuzzy on this, when I bought my first Swede(2003?) I would be surprised if there were more than 10-12 bullets available? Much better environment for us reloaders/shooters nowadays.
Posted By: g5m Re: 6.5 Creedlymore - 05/21/19
For the long range massed deer attack:

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog...05-21&utm_campaign=Weekly+Newsletter
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: 6.5 Creedlymore - 05/21/19
I'm quite fond of it. Very accurate, very efficient, very well designed case, very good bullets, very available, low recoil....it's hard for me not to like it.
Have posted this before. I have a Creed and a Swede, both with Shilen barrels.

The Creed shoots most everything MOA, a number of loads sub MOA.

The Swede shoots selected loads MOA, especially likes the 139 Scenar and 155 Mega, in Lapua brass. I think that gun is a Lapua snob... blush

The bottom line, both are accurate, the Creed is easier to load for, likes more combos than the Swede. Otherwise, no difference on game.

DF
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: 6.5 Creedlymore - 05/21/19
[quote=montanabadger] I don't understand why some people seem anti-Creedmoor.

Oppositional Defiant Disorder.
Originally Posted by Fireball2
[quote=montanabadger] I don't understand why some people seem anti-Creedmoor.

Oppositional Defiant Disorder.

+1

They just can't help themselves.

And there's a code for that... frown

DF
Posted By: TBREW401 Re: 6.5 Creedlymore - 05/21/19
The Creedmore will not do a damn thing that the 6,5 Swede will do-- if you insist on a short action-- get a 260
Posted By: mathman Re: 6.5 Creedlymore - 05/21/19
Originally Posted by TBREW401
The Creedmore will not do a damn thing that the 6,5 Swede will do-- if you insist on a short action-- get a 260

To what end?
What end do you want?
Do you not read your tag line??
Posted By: mathman Re: 6.5 Creedlymore - 05/21/19
My tag line would have somewhat get the 6.5 Creedmoor, not the 260.
The swede will not do a damn thing that the 6.5 Creedmoor won't do-- if you insist on a short action-- don't get a 260

Fixed it for ya
No difference
Posted By: Higginez Re: 6.5 Creedlymore - 05/21/19
There is only a difference if you are paying attention.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: 280shooter Re: 6.5 Creedlymore - 05/21/19
I've never been offended by another cartridge offering.
They are all capable cartridges. They will all kill cshit out of pigs. I’ve killed pigs with all but a Swede.
Your m 79 round looks to have a dent in it.

I assume its a m79 round.

I dont know why.....but I find that funny as hell.
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: 6.5 Creedlymore - 05/22/19
It is and it does. Toys for the gunner, mebbe he was jugglin' during lunch?
Posted By: Dirtfarmer Re: 6.5 Creedlymore - 05/22/19
Originally Posted by montanabadger
The swede will not do a damn thing that the 6.5 Creedmoor won't do-- if you insist on a short action-- don't get a 260

Fixed it for ya

Technically I'd go Creed in a SA. That was the whole idea for the Creed.

If I was building a .260, I'd use a medium length (3") action, fast twist barrel and shoot long bullets. Or modify a SA.

DF
Posted By: Dirtfarmer Re: 6.5 Creedlymore - 05/22/19
They are all capable cartridges. They will all kill cshit out of pigs. I’ve killed pigs with all but a Swede.

Swede kills'em, too... grin

DF
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: 6.5 Creedlymore - 05/23/19
No difference

I can come up with four differences without thinking too hard:

1. Lots of cataloged firearms chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor compared to very few firearms cataloged in 260.
2. Lots of commercial ammunition options offered in 6.5 Creedmoor compared to few commercial ammunition options offered in 260.
3. 6.5 Creedmoor commercial ammunition widely available at high volume retailers like Wal-Mart compared to none in 260.
4. The shorter 6.5 Creedmoor case allows for longer VLD style bullets to fit in a 2.85" magazine box better than they do when loaded in the 260 case. When you're loading longer VLD style bullets there needs to be a balance between case length, bullet length, and magazine length.

Or so it seems to me, a guy with 25 260s.
Posted By: mathman Re: 6.5 Creedlymore - 05/23/19
But you're being rational, not afflicted with CBHS.
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: 6.5 Creedlymore - 05/23/19
Originally Posted by mathman
But you're being rational, not afflicted with CBHS.

What is CBHS?

The older that I get, I find the path of least resistance more appealing.
Posted By: mathman Re: 6.5 Creedlymore - 05/23/19
Creedmoor Butt Hurt Syndrome
Posted By: longarm Re: 6.5 Creedlymore - 05/23/19
Originally Posted by mathman
Creedmoor Butt Hurt Syndrome

No kidding! I can't believe grown men are still pissing themselves about this. Wow..
Posted By: efw Re: 6.5 Creedlymore - 05/23/19
I was at the store today looking for pistol ammo and saw that they have 30-30, 30-06, 270, 243, 223, 22-250, and da Creed. Was pretty shocked.

If I were looking for another rifle right now I’d take a hard look at a Tikka so-chambered. Can’t imagine why not especially compared to the 25-06.

CBHS indeed... crazy
Posted By: Jim in Idaho Re: 6.5 Creedlymore - 05/23/19
Went to Cabela's early last summer and was perusing the factory ammo shelf. They had one (1) factory load for the .260 with only three boxes of that present, but 15 different factory loads for the 6.5 Creedmoor with boxes stacked 8 or 9 high and two deep front to back for each load.

Proof positive that the .260 Remington is so much more popular than the 6.5 Creedmoor that it sells out too quickly for a major retailer to even keep any ammo for it on the shelf.

Well, there might be another reason... wink
Posted By: centershot Re: 6.5 Creedlymore - 05/23/19
Originally Posted by Higbean
There is only a difference if you are paying attention.

Or want to buy ammo at a sporting goods store...........
© 24hourcampfire