Home
Posted By: wabigoon Wearin' Any Green Today? - 03/17/19
I was going to wear a green tie to church today. I seems I don't have a green tie! laugh
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Wearin' Any Green Today? - 03/17/19
Ya, my gheyass camo house gators Wife bought me. shocked
I wore a green tie and used St.Patrick as my opening illustration.
Of course, and a depiction of Saint Paddy casting out the democrats

[Linked Image]
Posted By: rem141r Re: Wearin' Any Green Today? - 03/17/19
camo count? or teeth?
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: Wearin' Any Green Today? - 03/17/19
My Irish eyes are smiling.
Posted By: hanco Re: Wearin' Any Green Today? - 03/17/19
Green underwear
Posted By: 700LH Re: Wearin' Any Green Today? - 03/17/19
Green Carhartt pocket Tee
There's some green in the camo shirt I'm wearing. Normally I view St. Patty's day as a totally useless holiday. This year something good came about because of it though. Senator Chuck Schumer marched in the St. Pats day parade in Binghamton NY. As he marched down the street, the crowds were loudly chanting "baby killer" and "build the wall" "build the wall". Schumer was not smiling and waving anymore once the chants began.
Posted By: 22250rem Re: Wearin' Any Green Today? - 03/17/19
Normally I can't stand the sight of Chuck Schumer but I would have paid admission to see him walk in the Binghampton St. Pats day parade and get what he got. Why in hell would he even be in a St. Paddy's day parade in Binghamton anyway? A big "thumbs up" for all the good folks in Binghampton who know a commie azzwipe when they see one.
Posted By: RickF Re: Wearin' Any Green Today? - 03/17/19
There’s a little Irish in everyone on St Patrick’s, except we Scottish. We’re still Scottish. wink
Posted By: celt375 Re: Wearin' Any Green Today? - 03/17/19
Moved to the U.S.A from Ireland and started high school when I was 14. Come Saint Patrick's day everybody in the school halls were asking me why I wasn't wearing green. I was confused, no idea what they were on about. I got with the program after that and started ditching school with my friends to go downtown to the parade and drink on Saint Patrick's day. We got busted and everyone else was suspended but I told the principal that since the Jewish kids got their days off I should get this one. It worked but that was many years ago and probably wouldn't fly now.
Posted By: 22250rem Re: Wearin' Any Green Today? - 03/17/19
Originally Posted by RickF
There’s a little Irish in everyone on St Patrick’s, except we Scottish. We’re still Scottish. wink

.............. My dad's parents were both born & raised in Scotland and I inherited the red hair from that side of the family, ( mostly auburn & grey now), but back in the early to mid '70's I became Irish once a year on St. Paddys day at a local hardcore Irish bar owned by a guy of Irish descent, of course. On St. Paddys day it would be full of Irish guys including a lot who'd been born there. They used to line up pitchers of green beer on the bar and everybody just drank. I would walk in and some old Irishman, complete with the accent, would see my red hair and say that I looked like a "fine Irish lad" and hand me a glass. I would agree with him and proceed to get tanked for free. Some of those older guys made sure the pitchers got refilled when needed and it was always a good time. I had such a good time I would have gone every year even if I had to pitch in for the beer. Never did tell them where I got that red hair from. Maybe it was my "thrifty" (AKA cheapskate) Scottish DNA but it was fun, ( and economical), being Irish one day a year.
Does a green camo tee shirt and green camo Crocs house shoes count? 🤠
I wore blue jeans and an orange shirt once again. I don't wear green as shades of blue was the original color of St Patrick and the color of the national government. Orange, well that is just to tick off the false Irish out there.
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Wearin' Any Green Today? - 03/18/19
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Does a green camo tee shirt and green camo Crocs house shoes count? 🤠

LOL, sure it does, same here except for a black pullover sweatshirt and jeans, oh BTW, NEVER wear socks with crocs/gators, they're nerdy enough as is.
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Wearin' Any Green Today? - 03/18/19
Green tractors.
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Green tractors.

Haha! Yeah.

I did wear my green suspenders....like always.
They run like champs when it's this warm!
Yep. Had both of mine going today.

Moving a little snow in case we need to get a heifer in the barn.

The little loader tractor even quit leaking oil out of the bucket cylinders.

I might even treat them to some No.2 dyed if this weather keeps up!
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Wearin' Any Green Today? - 03/18/19
How did I know this would come up? No pictures of those green Jockey shorts Sam? laugh
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Yep. Had both of mine going today.

Moving a little snow in case we need to get a heifer in the barn.

The little loader tractor even quit leaking oil out of the bucket cylinders.

I might even treat them to some No.2 dyed if this weather keeps up!

First calf on Friday, none since.

Put 15 gallons of #2 in the POS 6.0 Ford and it still is blowing smoke and running like chit. Turbo or a leak or a sensor. Too much idling and not enough running!

Green tractors are running smooth.....
My Great Grandfather was Irish, and my Great Grandmother was Scottish.

I came by my drinking "talent" quite naturally.

I did have on a green canvas shirt yesterday, and green Duluth traders boxer briefs undies, under my jeans.

And, I did enjoy some Irish coffee with Irish Whisky, and Irish cream yesterday. (GRIN!)

Virgil B.
Posted By: IndyCA35 Re: Wearin' Any Green Today? - 03/18/19
I wore orange yesteday. No offense against any Irish. I couldn't care one way or another. But it was pretty cold at the range and orange was the only color stocking cap I could find.
© 24hourcampfire