Home
... And go to work, Boy! grin

Damned wild hogs are getting brazen! mad

Time to go take care of business this evening! smile

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Damn, them little ones would be tasty.

....dang, gonna seed the ground with lead to get em all.

Happy chooting!
Need some help? wink
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
Need some help? wink

Any time brother!
There’s some great bbq sized hogs in that herd. Shoot the little ones and let the big sows walk.
Git some!
Originally Posted by Daveinjax
There’s some great bbq sized hogs in that herd. Shoot the little ones and let the big sows walk.

The big sows are the factories.

Gonna kill as many as I can.

I usually don't eat them anyway. I put a pile in a net fenced area I have and trap/shoot coyotes off them.
Holy crap

How bout a remote detonated Claymore
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

I usually don't eat them anyway. I put a pile in a net fenced area I have and trap/shoot coyotes off them.

...crafty, crafty. I like it. Pass the ammunition!
Whats a smoke wagon?
Shooting gallery--
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Whats a smoke wagon?

Getting brazen? Hell man, you're feeding them!

How many you figure you can get before the survivors high tail it into the brush?
Originally Posted by MadMooner

How many you figure you can get before the survivors high tail it into the brush?

I dunno...

It's a crap shoot. Brush is close.

I usually try and line them up before shooting.

Got 4 that way in one shot last year.

Using an AR10 .308.
Now that looks like fun! How many are you allowed to shoot?? No wild pigs up here....I assume those are wild??
You need a big round trap. You can catch a bunch that way!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by yukon254
Now that looks like fun! How many are you allowed to shoot?? No wild pigs up here....I assume those are wild??

They are wild.

Invasive species here. No season, no bag limit. Kill 'em all.
Originally Posted by hanco

Yeah, I need to get some panels and build one.

I volunteer to drive and bring KenElkhunterNM.
Originally Posted by Border Doc

Whenever you guys are ready!

We'll go fishin' in the pond, too. wink

[Linked Image]
Last time I saw that many hogs was at a feminist march, but they all had vaginia's on their heads.
...Hanco....Oink! Assassin.
Tons of fun to have a pen full of them. This was last weekend. Didn’t set this trap gate, was hoping to get an aoudad. I killed 4 anyway and a coyote

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Caught this one in a cage trap. Weighed 195. I’m going for three days in the 19th. I will have 4 round pens and the cage trap set. I hope to catch a bunch.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by MadMooner

I dunno...

It's a crap shoot. Brush is close.

I usually try and line them up before shooting.

Got 4 that way in one shot last year.

Using an AR10 .308.

Lay out a bag of feed in a line and set up parallel to it. I bet a heavy WFN hard cast at a relativity sedate velocity would go through a whole bunch of pork before it came to a rest!
I’ve gotten 3 with a Barnes bullet before! Went through all 3
That sure looks like a good time! no hogs in Montana yet. I hope to make it to Texas someday to hunt a few. You and Hanco seem to have it down to a science.
Originally Posted by shortside
That sure looks like a good time! no hogs in Montana yet. I hope to make it to Texas someday to hunt a few. You and Hanco seem to have it down to a science.

I just kill what I can.

Hanco and GW have more of a passion for killin' hogs than I do.
I believe hogs can run as fast as a deer, if not, damn close. You get one shot most times, sometimes two. Occasionally a dumb one will come back.
Dang you guys live in a target rich environment!! Hanco is that a 300 Savage??

308 E model, just bought a nice 308 F. I’m gonna sell the E. I like the dark walnut on the F models.
[Linked Image]

I can't be the only one thinking Tannerite might be a giggly application here?

Hold,my beer...................................................................

Check this out......................

Poof Soot!

Video, or it didn't happen.
Wow hog shooting & Cat Fishing Time for a road trip! Like the pic with the 99 my fav. rifle!

308 E model, just bought a nice 308 F. I’m gonna sell the E. I like the dark walnut on the F models.

how much?
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
Last time I saw that many hogs was at a feminist march, but they all had vaginia's on their heads.

wit rosie odonnel in the lead
I see several delicious ones prime for my pit!
Need some help? wink

Any time brother!

Great! smile
Two of my favorites, hogs and catfish.
Originally Posted by Border Doc

Whenever you guys are ready!

We'll go fishin' in the pond, too. wink

[Linked Image]

Pigs and Cats!
Brisket going on the pit in the morning. Plenty room for a shoat or 3!!!! Oh Lawdy! They is delicious.

Edit! Got full tank of propane for fish fryer too!!!!

Yeah, I need to get some panels and build one.

or a belt fed 6x45!
Originally Posted by slumlord
Holy crap

How bout a remote detonated Claymore

I was thinking bucket of Tannerite, but he's got heifers.
Need some help? wink

Any time brother!

Hey Ken, pick you up on the way?
LOL, you need to warm the barrel on that AR-10 RBB, looks like fun. smile
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Brisket going on the pit in the morning. Plenty room for a shoat or 3!!!! Oh Lawdy! They is delicious.

Edit! Got full tank of propane for fish fryer too!!!!

You're making me hungry! smile
Kill em all ! 🤠
To bad you can't run down to the local gun shop and get a nice full auto,
Good luck tonight
I took Bandit with me out back and put the game camera back, and threw out a can of corn to keep them busy...

No sooner had we settled in than the whole sounder pictured in the OP came running in. Piglets first, then the sows.

Best laid plans, right? Those sows got spooky. Must have smelled us there by the feeder. Hadn't been but a few minutes since we were there. They bolted for the brush. blush

There was a couple of boars following the sounder in that hadn't made it up there yet. They just froze in place when the sows bolted.

One was a cripple. Had a bum hind leg. I settled on him... Beats no hog atall, right? grin About 160 pound boar taken at 150 yards.

Bandit was on him PDQ. cool That dog does love to hunt! He bites 'em on the balls to see if they'll get up and run... laugh

[Linked Image]

Bum leg on the boar.

[Linked Image]

I've killed several cripples like him here before.

Bet that sounder is spooky as hell for awhile now. wink
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Kill em all ! 🤠

It’s hopeless!
Nice shootin' rock!
Originally Posted by deflave
Nice shootin' rock!

Thanks Travis!
Originally Posted by Ranger_Green
Need some help? wink

Any time brother!

Hey Ken, pick you up on the way?

Yup,then we can pick up Border Doc!
Thats the 3 legged pig that saved that farmer from drowning last fall!!!

Pig like that you don’t eat all at once!

Jez stuck the brisket on da pit!!!! 😉
Thats the 3 legged pig that saved that farmer from drowning last fall!!!

Pig like that you don’t eat all at once!

Jez stuck the brisket on da pit!!!! 😉

One ham at a time! laugh
good lord, that's a stringer of fish, good eatin fish even. You guys need to keep after them hogs, keep em from spreadin' this way to fast, although eastern Colo. doesn't have much for em to hide in, so they would be easier to control.

nah, kill every damn one of 'em. smile

the gift that keeps on giving!
Originally Posted by kid0917

the gift that keeps on giving!
Almost as good as the jelly of the month club!
We killed a three legged pig a few years ago, blown off by a bullet I suppose.

Probably what happened to this one.

Knowing my method of shooting into groups of hogs seeing how many I can get, it makes the possibility pretty strong.

Found a long, black hog tail after killing hogs like that last year. Maybe I'll kill one with no tail later on... smile
Good job Barry.....you may not have gotten as many as you wanted to but at least you have some Coyote bait and the pigs will be back.

We don't have any Hogs (thank God) but I did kill a three legged Coyote a few years back.

[Linked Image]

Barry,

Like I was tellin’ you other day. I dunno where in the hell he came from, but there was an honest to god javelina across the road out in the hayfield Monday morning. Neighbor up the hill kilt one in his garden back in March of 2017. And the local hog trapper caught some in his trap he had set on a clients place just south of Elgin about the same time my neighbor shot his. And I swore I saw some (3) in Carroll Sansoms old hayfield at Webberville about 10 years ago. But I wrote em off as seeing things.

Only two places remotly close where I knew some were was down in the Sand Hills of Caldwell county and over in the Salt Flats just east of Luling (same county). Them places are 25 to 40 miles away from here.
Barry,

Like I was tellin’ you other day. I dunno where in the hell he came from, but there was an honest to god javelina across the road out in the hayfield Monday morning. Neighbor up the hill kilt one in his garden back in March of 2017. And the local hog trapper caught some in his trap he had set on a clients place just south of Elgin about the same time my neighbor shot his. And I swore I saw some (3) in Carroll Sansoms old hayfield at Webberville about 10 years ago. But I wrote em off as seeing things.

Only two places remotly close where I knew some were was down in the Sand Hills of Caldwell county and over in the Salt Flats just east of Luling (same county). Them places are 25 to 40 miles away from here.
Natural migration or something the F&G has transplanted?

Not necessarily. You just don't want to eat a good pig all at once...
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Barry,

No transplants. Prolly closer to natural migration thing. I think The ones I knew about have been isolated pockets that had always been there. Until recently they were in pretty isolated and large ranch land. Thick postoak motts. Heck the sand hills are still full of loblolly pines too. Furtherests southern extension of them. I think pressure from habitat loss has em moving around. Those big ranches are gettin’ broken up.
I kill every hog I see, sows, piglets and boars, never pass any up. Piglets are the most fun, when you can line a few up for one shot. It should be legal to dynamite all the sob's as they are a scourge to all agriculture everywhere.
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Barry,

No transplants. Prolly closer to natural migration thing. I think The ones I knew about have been isolated pockets that had always been there. Until recently they were in pretty isolated and large ranch land. Thick postoak motts. Heck the sand hills are still full of loblolly pines too. Furtherests southern extension of them. I think pressure from habitat loss has em moving around. Those big ranches are gettin’ broken up.
How close is your place to the Katy railroad-or what used to be?
Always wanted to hunt wild boar. I know they are nuisance but I would like to hunt them outside of a enclosure.
Originally Posted by kingfisher
Always wanted to hunt wild boar. I know they are nuisance but I would like to hunt them outside of a enclosure.

What's an enclosure?

Fences don't stop 'em much. Don't even slow 'em down.
" How close is your place to the Katy railroad-or what used to be?"

EE

As the crow flies I’m about 4 or 5 miles due west of the old Elgin to Bastrop leg.
Here's the javalina habitat map.

It's total BS though.

Some areas they show as having them... Don't.

Some areas they say don't... Do.

I've killed way more javalina in the "white area" that isn't supposed to have them than anywhere else... Hudspeth Co. Tx, and Otero Co. NM.
They are thick there.

[Linked Image]
LOL! Thanks Barry! Yeah that map made me chortle! I also like the way they stop at the NM state line!!!!
LOL! Thanks Barry! Yeah that map made me chortle! I also like the way they stop at the NM state line!!!!

Yeah!

Those animals won't cross a state line, for sure! smile

I cheated NMG&F out of a couple or Oryx that had crossed the line into Texas on our north ranch there.

Oops! shocked

In NM they are a highly coveted Big Game Once in a Lifetime draw..

In Texas they are a non-game animal. No season. No bag limits. grin
LoL yeah. Archaeologist son did a big azz shovel test contract on White Sands one year. They walked their collective azzes off. Were tripping over the oryx. Said they saw em over every dune they crossed. Said all the guys ridin’ around in Mules couldn’t find em. Heck they even tried to tell em where they had seen em. ( Also told em to get outta the mules and try hunting!).
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Kill em all ! 🤠

It’s hopeless!

No doubt! I can kill one every day on our Ranch and still not make a dent in the population. Like Barry, I try to shoot the sows first, as they are prolific breeders.

Yeah!

Those animals won't cross a state line, for sure! smile

I cheated NMG&F out of a couple or Oryx that had crossed the line into Texas on our north ranch there.

Oops! shocked

In NM they are a highly coveted Big Game Once in a Lifetime draw..

In Texas they are a non-game animal. No season. No bag limits. grin

Those Oryx are mighty good eating too ! 🤠
" How close is your place to the Katy railroad-or what used to be?"

EE

As the crow flies I’m about 4 or 5 miles due west of the old Elgin to Bastrop leg.
I worked on it when I was a kid and looked like my avatar.
Wild hogs have balls the size of a goddam grapefruit. Weird to see.
And your doggie bites 'em by the balls! I think your hound is a little bit of a pervert.
Dog likes to get their attention in a hurry.

Apparently, despite their name, javelina don't speak Spanish either.

A bit off track, Frank Hamer was said to have had a pet javelina. But I'm pretty sure what I saw in "the Highwaymen" was a pig. If not, it was a Boone and Crockett javelina.
© 24hourcampfire