Home
Gone With The Wind is on Turner Classic tonite at 7 CDT. Frankly my dear, I'm surprised they're still showing it.

I might just watch it for the umpteenth time. It was the first movie I ever remember seeing. My grandparents took me to see it when I was about 3 years old.
I kinda figured you were a clam.
Fabulous movie!
Never heard of it.
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Never heard of it.

It fugking sucks.
Platoon is pretty good...
Stars Clark Kent.

well hell............

Originally Posted by JamesJr
Gone With The Wind is on Turner Classic tonite at 7 CDT. Frankly my dear, I'm surprised they're still showing it.

I might just watch it for the umpteenth time. It was the first movie I ever remember seeing. My grandparents took me to see it when I was about 3 years old.

I only ever watch the first third of that movie.

sorry man......jumped too fast on keyboard.........tonight ..........oh
Saw it once, several decades ago that musta been enough as I haven't watched it again
The best part is it's a four hour love story.

Such fun.

Would you believe that I’ve never seen it. Went to the drive in one time when it was showing......didn’t see the movie! memtb
Never seen it.

You want a good movie to watch??

Blue Streak with Martin Lawrence.

That or maybe The Grand Budapest Hotel.
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Stars Clark Kent.

I thought Clark Kent fell off his horse and broke his neck?
Grand Budapest is hilarious.
Never understood the allure of GWTW,

May have been decent in 1940,

The same way a Model T was epic in 1930,

decades later, not so much.
Never saw it...Never will...
I watched it 40 years ago. Thought it sucked.
What to do...NHL playoffs on at the same time...decisions...
One of the first "Chick Flicks", but regardless a pretty good movie.
A while ago I found an original DVD in a good will store, and bought it to watch with Wifey.
If you've never seen it, you just might find it worthwhile. Good acting, great plot, and Vivian Leigh is gorgeous.
7mm
It is obviously not a truthful representation of events in that the slave owning southerners did not have horns and pitchforks.
Zulu is the best movie of all time. First color movie I ever saw, was seven, me, my brother and some more unwashed urchins, ages 9 to 6, walked clear across downtown Blackpool to see it (kids did that back then).

We was just blown away, when they let the soldiers live at the end that was just the coolest thing cool

The Champ - with Jon Voight and Ricky Schroeder.

Make sure you have plenty of tissues on hand.
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Zulu is the best movie of all time. First color movie I ever saw, was seven, me, my brother and some more unwashed urchins, ages 9 to 6, walked clear across downtown Blackpool to see it (kids did that back then).

We was just blown away, when they let the soldiers live at the end that was just the coolest thing cool

I can't believe someone said Zulu. I thought I was the only person who loved that movie. I think The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance is the best movie ever but I love Zulu.

Gone with the Wind is pretty dull and I love black and white movies.
Originally Posted by JoeBob
It is obviously not a truthful representation of events in that the slave owning southerners did not have horns and pitchforks.

Nope.

But they sure were boring.
Originally Posted by 19352012

I can't believe someone said Zulu. I thought I was the only person who loved that movie. I think The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance is the best movie ever but I love Zulu.

The thing about Zulu is you have no group that you want to see win.

Total indifference to what you're watching.
It's no Blazing Saddle....
Originally Posted by calikooknic

I believe that the sentence: "Hey, where da white women at?" Is spoken in both films.
Originally Posted by 19352012
Originally Posted by calikooknic

I believe that the sentence: "Hey, where da white women at?" Is spoken in both films.

It was also spoken in The Rifleman.
Hey membt,
I missed it at a drive-in once too. Still remember it........not the movie.
You know it's my wife's favorite, but I have never seen it..just always had it pegged for a chick-flick. Is it a movie a dude would enjoy?
Originally Posted by Barkoff
You know it's my wife's favorite, but I have never seen it..just always had it pegged for a chick-flick. Is it a movie a dude would enjoy?

Yes, if you are 22-24 yrs old at a drive-in movie theater with a hot little chick.
“The Number One Movie Of All Time”... Are you fugking kidding me?
Ya no thanks.
Originally Posted by lastround
Originally Posted by Barkoff

Yes, if you are 22-24 yrs old at a drive-in movie theater with a hot little [Red-headed] chick.

Fixed it!
Originally Posted by JoeBob

Which is why SJWs hate it.
The whole movie. You can skip the rest of it.

Earned its rating by being so far ahead of its time. Nobody had ever seen anything like it. 1939.

Did you know: "Gone with the Wind" is the highest-grossing film of all time in Canada and the US (202,110,200 estimated admissions). wikipedia.org
if its not classic european film, its not art.... and all film is suppose to be redemptive.
now....choose again.
What the bloody hell are you on about?
some of the best all time flicks have sub titles.
Originally Posted by bobski
some of the best all time flicks have sum titties.
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Originally Posted by bobski
some of the best all time flicks have sum titties.

I saw that!
Out dated and it sucks.
Several versions of the best movie in the World here; two where she becomes an illegal immigrant, one where she joins a women’s beach volleyball team, one where she is being starved to death by the Joos and another where she infiltrates the Teamsters Union. I like the one where she opens up a convenience store the best tho....

The classics are far better than this bullcrap with medieval creatures causing mayhem and mischief. People morphing into creatures with the strength to fight fictitious creations. Whoever writes that crap must be on an LSD trip. People have the intellect of a cockroach.
“If I have to lie, steal, cheat, or kill, as God is my witness, I’ll never be hungry again.”

Oh, so she moved to tha ’Hood......
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

I only ever watch the first third of that movie.

Same here. I could never get through the whole thing. The dialogue seemed so sophomoric.
I'm proud to say that I've never seen it. 😎
I'll tell you which movie holds up as a big production and historically accurate, TORA, TORA, TORA. For 1969, it was very well done.
Here's a scene from the #1 movie of all time.

Here I thought that Kelly's Heroes was on...
No, here’s the greatest movie scene of all time....

Ya just gotta pretend not to hear that way out of range pileated woodpecker that calls a couple of times in the movie.
Oh, Jeebus.

You would pick a Redford movie.....wouldn't ya?
Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn.

Originally Posted by 340boy
I'm proud to say that I've never seen it. 😎

And ignorance is bliss. cool
7mm
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Oh, Jeebus.

You would pick a Redford movie.....wouldn't ya?

Naah, I picked a Crow movie, some of them guys coulda been actual Crows, like the singer maybe, or this guy....

Heh....the Crow are overrated.

The got themselves stuck on a reservation a couple hundred miles south of me.
AFI (American Film Institution) has it ranked at #6 of all time. Of course they've got "Citizen Kane" at #1, which is highly overrated IMHO.
Just the same, GWTW is most definitely in my top ten, although I've never thought about ranking them.
I just know what I like, and this is one of my favorites. "Giant" with Rock Hudson and James Dean, "Cat On a Hot Tin Roof" (Newman and Liz Taylor) and a couple others.
Movies like these are still considered classics, and rightly so. They've stood the test of time.
Really, the only movies out in the last 3 years I've wanted to see first run were "The Mule", (never got a chance) "Unplanned", (we'll see if we can schedule) and "Chapaquidic", (we made that one).
Basically, there's not many the Wife and I see advertised that we'll try to match up schedules and spend $30 bucks on tickets. I love going to the Drive Inn, but there again, there's nothing I wanna drive 60 miles for, let alone a double feature!
If you like the movie, so much the better, if you don't, you're entitled to an opinion.
If you haven't seen it, and don't want to, why are you compelled to post on a thread about it?
7mm
GWTW? Been about 50 years since I last saw it. I'd like to see it again.
Originally Posted by Bristoe

Absolutely!
I'd rather watch Laurel and Hardy or W.C Fields 4 hours is too long
I'd watch The Waterboy, Happy Gilmore or Billy Madison any day of the week before I'd sit through GWTW again.
Originally Posted by Bristoe

+1
Guy on a Buffalo-o-o

Hey lady, wanna baby?
Thought the OP might be more of a "Birth of a Nation" type movie dude.
Nuther vote for Zulu. Found it amusing? that of all (eleven I think??) the VCs awarded for that single action, the Sgt Mgr? did not get one.

He was "just doing his job". That's a sergeant for you....

There was a sci-fi book out some years ago along same lines, with Zulu as it's inspiration.
Anyone recall this timeless classic........? It was way better.

Chris 'frankly dont give a damn'...in a way that words cannot express... grin ...>>

What else can follow The Magnificent Seven? Couldn’t find a good youtube clip of the original....

~I saw it in the window and I just couldn't resist~

I was gonna say the best part of gone with the wind is when Carol Burnett walks down the stairs wearing the curtains.
Everybody knows that "Debby does Dallas" is the number one film of all time.
Originally Posted by Huntz

Yep
Originally Posted by Huntz

Bout time somebody got it right. The uncut Caligula ain't bad as well.
Paul B.
Originally Posted by Morewood
Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn.

The King of Hollywood. wink

L.W.
All of the top 10 have Denzel Washington, Russell Crowe, or Tommy Lee Jones in the lineup

Number 11 is The Wild Geese, with Richard Burton, Richard Harris, and Roger Moore
FWIW, my mom liked GWTW...
My all time favorite for many reasons...the acting, the script, the production quality, the timelessness of the story, the political correctness...the list goes on forever.

Patton
Traci Lords movies were good!
“The Searchers” is the greatest movie of all time! 🤠
Originally Posted by hanco
Traci Lords movies were good!

Better not own one of her early movies. eek eek
Legends of the Fall and Godfather I & II
I’ve never been able to get through more than about 20 minutes. Imo there no best movie but there’s some great movies that stand above the rest and Gone With The Wind isn’t one of them.
C
I grew up in Atlanta, Missed the premier of this movie by 14 years, sadly.
I went to see it at the Fox Theater when I was twenty. Walked out half way through. Can't stand this goddam movie.
What a [bleep] that Scarlett was.

Problem was, when I was going to college in Georgia in the seventies, all the girls saw Scarlett as a role model.

What a [bleep].
© 24hourcampfire