Home
For me it's usually 4 to 5am.

Once I wake up, that's it. Might as well start the coffee... tired

Probably related to what time you get up, is what time you go to sleep... Usually I'm out by 10pm.

Age has lots to do with those times too. whistle

What are yours times for wake up and doze off?

I know there's a few early birds here!
I'm up between 5 and 6 and in bed between 9 and 11.
If I stay up too late, I'm "hungover" in the morning... Without even having the booze...

If I had to combine that with a booze hangover, I might just die... grin
3 to 4 am every morning.
Mostly, anything after 5AM is a bonus. When I was much younger, it took wild horse to drag me out, but of course, I was good till midnight.
Since I've been retired, I try to get up around 0600. During the springtime, I like being out on my back deck with my coffee, watching the world wake up, listening to the birds.
4:30-5:00am. Been getting up that early since I was about 40 years old now 56. When I go hunting or fishing early its just another day.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
For me it's usually 4 to 5am.!
Ditto.. All my life.
5 A.M.
4:30. At work at 6:00 AM
4:15-30 at work at 5:45
540 am. Make coffee, take oldest son to zero hour jazz band, come home & wake the youngest 2 up for school and take them to their school then off to work.
5:00 AM Goodmorning . But I am in bed at 9:00 PM
Up between 4:30/5 am. In bed, usually before 9 pm.
went to bed a little before 10 and got up at 3, always up before 5.
I thought I was pretty much the only soul stirring at 4:15 in the AM, but I guess I was just feeling sorry for myself. I've been doing it for years, but I still operate on autopilot until about 5 AM when I arrive at work.

On weekends I can sleep in, but usually am out of bed by 7 or so. I wonder what I'll do when I retire in a few years.
3:45 AM. I beat the morning and afternoon traffic, plus I have plenty of daylight left to work around the farm.
Bed at 8pm and up at 5am.
I work swing shift, 2:30 - 11pm. Just under an hours drive home, 45 miles one way. Usually hit the hay bout 12:30 am and am up by 5:30 most mornings. A little later on an off day.
Up at 2AM drive out to farm to check heifers and usually back at 3AM. Try to go back to sleep and then up again at 6AM to go to work.

This living the dream will wear a guy down.
3 am for me,out the door by 3:30 headed to work
Why the hell does everyone go to bed so early? I go to bed between 11:00 and 11:30 every night.

Even though I take Flomax, I get up between 4:00 to 6:00 every morning to pee, and can rarely go back to sleep. If I lay in bed for a half hour then I say screw it and get up.
5 AM
4-5 am sometimes can sleep till 6

In bed by 9-10

Yes it does appear I’ve gotten old 🤔😳
I'm a shift worker. Mornings are meaningless to me.

I sleep like a cat........Here and there, wherever.
Around 3.45 to 4.30, sometimes much earlier.
I recently retired, hard to break the 4AM habit.
When my dog Sophie tells me to. Usually around 7. I worked nights over 20 years. Mostly 12s. Then the last 10 I would get up at 4:30 in morning to work 12 hr days. Retirement is good. My sleeping ability will probably never come back but I enjoy laying there knowing there is no stress to get up to.
Usually around 5:00am.....slept in this morning until about 06:40. Too many short nights sleep recently! memtb
I like sleeping late, just don’t hardly sleep more than about 5 hours anymore
4 CST every morning during the week. Eat a protein bar, drink coffee and read the fire for a little while then train hard, eat again, shower and head to work. I'm "usually" in bed by 8 or 9 during the week....sometimes as early as 7....I'm like the chickens, when the sun goes down I'm heading to the roost. Weekends I'll stay up later but usually still wake up around 4.
Watch the 11 oclock weather , bed 11.30 up around 2 let the dog out , then nap in the lazy boy till 5 , let the dog out , feed the cats, listen to the Barred Owls complain about the turkeys in their pine tree nap till 730 when the wife's alarm goes off.
we have an alarm for 5:40 for my wife

but when I'm awake I'm up. I've learned over the past couple of months that if I am in bed before 9pm, the dog is going to wake me up around 2am wanting to be let out - and if I let him out, I can't go back to sleep for a couple of hours and it really messes my day up

so we make them go out around 10pm and they are on the floor next us when the alarm goes off

what sucks is I'm so regular I don't need the alarm. I will wake up +/- 10 minutes at 5:40 - not so great on Saturday and Sunday. Been doing that for probably 15 years now.
It was always 9-4 during my working life but now that I'm retired it's 10-5.

As an aside.....anybody use an alarm clock? I haven't used one since I was in high school.
Originally Posted by FieldGrade

As an aside.....anybody use an alarm clock? I haven't used one since I was in high school.

I have one, but it is rare for it to go off before I wake up on a work day.
I worked crazy night shifts for so many years that it's made me a night owl. Up late, sleep late.
I have been retired for 20 years and still get up between 4am and 5. Once I wake up, Im up. The first hour of daylight is the best part of the day.
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Up at 2AM drive out to farm to check heifers and usually back at 3AM. Try to go back to sleep and then up again at 6AM to go to work.

You might be a good candidate for one of those ranch camera setups.
I don't understand the question.
5:30
3:45 AM.
Ain’t nobody body going to show up on this thread and tell you, “oh, around 9:00 AM”.
Usually before 0500.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by SamOlson

You might be a good candidate for one of those ranch camera setups.

I hate calving out heifers.

Nearly as bad as I used to hate getting up at 2am to go change the irrigation.
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Ain’t nobody body going to show up on this thread and tell you, “oh, around 9:00 AM”.

I wake up around 9am all the time.

To piss.

There's those that get up after 9am, but won't comment, and move on to the next thread though... laugh
Bed by about 8:00 in the evening, Awake by about 5:00 AM

Worked an early day shift, and was awake by 3:30 AM for over 40 years.

Got so I didn't even need an alarm clock.

Seems that "automatic clock" is still waking me up early.

Virgil B.

Yes, I have to use an alarm if I need to be up, sometimes, when everyone in God knows how many different time zones gets on the ground at the same time for a CC it could be anytime here, 1, 2, 3, 4, am, so yessir, I set the clock so I wont sleep the day away.
I had to get up at 4:30 and be at work, ready to go by 6:00 when I was working. I get up when I want to, now days. If it's 6:00 or 9:00, it's up to me.....no guilt involved for sleeping in....I earned it.

0600...........gotta get the wife off to work............ grin
Originally Posted by tikkanut

laugh
I am up at 3 and cannot go back to sleep, I go to bed at 10 latest
My grandad despised anyone that slept late.

He used to tell me the only people that made money in bed were whores... laugh

laugh

He may be one of those go-getters I read about here, take Wife to work, then go-get her ; ]
I'm up, for the day, around 6:00 am daily. Piss calls anytime.
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

If I wake up and my belly's growling I'm done, best put on the coffee and have breakfast, cant go back to sleep with an idling Stihl in the bed.
Originally Posted by gunner500

laugh

He may be one of those go-getters I read about here, take Wife to work, then go-get her ; ]

not me......she has her own Tacoma........... grin
Right around 11 PM, and have done for the last quarter century.

laugh

Reminds me of the old joke:

What do mature women do before having great sex?

Take their husbands to the golf course
. grin
LOL, Damnit Tikkanut!

Hell Yeah RBB, cueing poolboy. grin

If I wake up and my belly's growling I'm done, best put on the coffee and have breakfast, cant go back to sleep with an idling Stihl in the bed.

Yep, since I am on the sleep machine I must get entirely too much good rest. Body simply does not need anymore. Going to hit the Gym at 3 am and work out before I go to work.

Yep, since I am on the sleep machine I must get entirely too much good rest. Body simply does not need anymore. Going to hit the Gym at 3 am and work out before I go to work.

That sounds like a solid plan that's working out well for you OEH, Congrats! smile

I had Wife drop four farm eggs cooked in olive oil on a slab of homemade wheat toast covered in her last falls canned apple butter, put it all down with near a quart of raw cows milk, working of mug number four of coffee right now, i'll get the tomatoes and peppers planted in the garden today, mow the yard, then run into town for a bit.
6 - 6:30 unless I do the muscle relaxer thing for my back then maybe 7:30, rarely past 8 regardless of what time I go to bed. I'm rarely in bed before 11.
Loved to sleep in during my younger years, delicious, though rarely could due to work and play. As I've aged I wake up earlier and am usually up by 5:00, rarely later than 6.

If I need to wake up earlier, like a fishing trip tomorrow at 4:00 AM, I just set my mind to wake up at 3:30 and do. Have always been that way re alarm clocks and don't own one now, though had one for insurance during the years I had to work early.

I'm retired and nap if and when I feel like it, seldom look at a clock whether when going to bed or getting up.

Edited to add: all these early risers add to my suspicions that a lot of us here are old coots from a blue collar sub-culture.

Never know. Only set an alarm for Sunday worship. Or an early doctors appointment. The rest of the time when I wake up. Hasbeen

then once the wifey is gone to work..................... smile

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I worked shift work, so my “body clock” was disfunctional! When working day shift I had to get up at 03:50 am. Hated my job, stayed up too late avoiding sleep to give myself more awake time away from job!!! memtb
Since I retired, whenever I feel like it. Meaning the dog and/or I have to pee. Usually around 7 plus or minus an hour, often depending on when I went to bed. Keep in mind that this time of year our time zone is daylight, daylight time. Solar noon is 2 pm by the clock.

She goes to bed 9 to 9:30, I'm an hour or two after that, unless really pooped. Then we retire together. My wife is usually up until 11 or later for some unfathomable reason.

When I was a teen and well into my 20's I could set a mind clock and wake up within 10 minutes of when I wanted to, but have long since lost that ability.

For the first time in months I set an alarm last night for 6. Have some calls to make in a few minutes, when businesses open up in mid-west. Dog beat the alarm by 3 minutes. I have no idea how she does that, but it is not unusual.

When she has to get up in the morning, she shakes her head. Only then does she use that signal to go out. Works every time, too, so that is usually my "alarm". If it is before 6:30, I may go back to bed. Or not.

There's those that get up after 9am, but won't comment, and move on to the next thread though... laugh

Can't make it to 9 but weekends I'll sleep till 8 sometimes. Weekdays I get up 5:30 but not by choice! Ideal for me would be bedtime around midnight and up at 7:30, maybe a little earlier in the summer. I'm not one of those guys that thinks sleeping 45 minutes a night is some sort of badge of manliness. I've had enough trouble sleeping that I appreciate a good nights sleep!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

You lead a charmed life, I am envious.
5 AM on a good night. 3 AM is not unusual but leaves me feeling tired usually. Go to bed 10 to 10:30. Being retired sure makes the not so good nights easier to handle.
With the exception of days I get up early to hunt or fish, I get up with the sun. So the time varies with the seasons.
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
Since I've been retired, I try to get up around 0600. During the springtime, I like being out on my back deck with my coffee, watching the world wake up, listening to the birds.

Much like OSU, now since I retired 12 yrs ago, we get up about 6:00-6:30, make some coffee, and watch the new morning unfold in our little valley. Amazing what you can see if you just stop and look.
Usually down by 9 and up by 4.
Generally I'm awake & headed to the coffee pot by 1000hrs. = I'm writing a book & go to bed about 0300hrs.

yours, tex

I had Wife drop four farm eggs cooked in olive oil on a slab of homemade wheat toast covered in her last falls canned apple butter, put it all down with near a quart of raw cows milk, working of mug number four of coffee right now, i'll get the tomatoes and peppers planted in the garden today, mow the yard, then run into town for a bit.

what do I have to do to get that gig?
5am ...in bed Before 10 ...after 10pm i turn into a pumpkin...
The only way to be the absolute winner (and therefore have a bigger dick than everyone else) is to get up before you go to bed sometime the day previous to the day in question.
Originally Posted by KFWA

Inherit a farm would be my guess.
Originally Posted by Salmonella

I thought you were retired.
Bugle plays at 0400 hrs!
In bed by 10-10:30. Once the weather is done on the news the TV is off and I usually lie awake until 11:00 or so. Alarm is set for 5:45 but I'm usually awake and turn it off before it goes off.

Weekends I try to wait till 11:00 to go to bed thinking I can try to make it to 7:00 on a Saturday but find myself falling asleep in my chair! Typically up by 6:00-6:30.

Elk Country
Off to next Monday

Ain’t getting up early
Too many years of catching a crummy...the coffee is generally on by 3:30AM.

Hint.................
Whenever I feel like it. I'm retired so it's usually around 10.
Up at the crack of noon.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

LOL, You need to ride that rig over to UtahLeftys and watch his birds do some hunting. smile
Originally Posted by KFWA

LOL, don't know, I'm going with God helping my sorry ass fall into a deal that good.
4:15
Out the door by 4:30
bed by Midnite normally up at 5
Between 6 and 6:30 usually.

Earlier if I have to go spraying.
3:30-4. Too damn early
Originally Posted by deflave

I retired from full time butchering last year after 40 years, I do it two days a week and now get paid to have fun playing cowboy, guiding trail rides and feeding horses three days a week.
Sometimes I have to slap myself because I enjoy my work so much.😁

[Linked Image]
For 30 years it was in bed by 10:30 and up at 6:00. Then it was in bed by 11:00 and up by 7:30 for 12 years. Now that I have retired, I go to bed WIDWP and the same for waking up.
When I feel like it.

16:45 That's quarter of five in the afternoon.
Go to bed at 7AM. Get up at 3:30PM.
Up between 0330 to 0500 each day, every day!
For me it's usually 4 to 5am.

Once I wake up, that's it. Might as well start the coffee... tired

Probably related to what time you get up, is what time you go to sleep... Usually I'm out by 10pm.

Age has lots to do with those times too. whistle

What are yours times for wake up and doze off?

I know there's a few early birds here!

I'm the same way, usually 4 or 5 am. if I sleep until 6 I consider it a miracle and "sleeping in" I usually go to bed by 10 or so, but if by some chance I stay up late my wake up time doesn't change. takes a couple days to recover from the loss of sleep. rarely do I sleep more than 7 hours in a night and 6 is more typical. tried everything to sleep a little longer, nothing seems to work.
Originally Posted by deflave

I retired from full time butchering last year after 40 years, I do it two days a week and now get paid to have fun playing cowboy, guiding trail rides and feeding horses three days a week.

[Linked Image]

Looks like another good Gig. Congrats

[Linked Image]

Sal, I think you'll enjoy that!

Guiding dudes was my first job out of high school. Worked for the Chisos Remuda there in Big Bend Natl. Park.

Being young and cowboy, I found out that city slicker gals kinda liked to live out their cowboy fantasies while on vacation... wink

Didn't do that too long. Had to go start an education I wish I could sell to someone else now... laugh
2am-5 am. Depends on what's going on.
Usually when I need to piss I get up. At work between 4 and 5AM. At home I stay up later 6 or 7AM
when I feel like it between 6 and 8. Seems to be 7:20 these mornings since they dicked with the time change.
5-530 sometimes sleep as late as 6:00. Taking care of kids and emails. In bed whenever the family, job and body allows. 9:30pm is early and 11:30 is normal. Sleeping late means I am able to sleep until 6:30am.

laugh

Reminds me of the old joke:

What do mature women do before having great sex?

Take their husbands to the golf course
. grin

Lol!
5am get up and in bed between 9 and 11.
6:00 to 6:30 most days, earlier if hunting or fishing.
Wake up at 10:00 am look at the stocks and the local news on my iPhone until 11:00 then get out of bed, wash up and make my coffee and oatmeal and watch Fox News in the lazy-boy.
Work thirds. Usually try to go to bed around 9a and usually up at 3p to get kids off the bus.

It's a drag

-Jake

At my desk by 0430-0445.
Up at 8:00 this morning. I could get used to this.
© 24hourcampfire