Home
Saw this earlier today, if it’s real seems like a waste,
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-fIP_GL7jiY&feature=youtu.be

Ronnie
Well, he died with a hard-on, so not all bad.
a la verga
Good shot!!! Black Widow!
Guess they never heard of teasing the mare first That and putting gelding out with mares, dumb people doing dumb stuff
Is that where hung like a horse came from. HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa
No more horsing around for him
Probably just stunned him.
Originally Posted by Fanofthefortyone

Ronnie

I heard "morto, yeah." Doesn't sound good. Morto means dead.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

+1

He is laying there stiff legged (seizure?) if dead would probably be limp.

He didn't get the message that no means no.
Geez. Perfect kick. Nice looking stallion. Was
Must have been a Night Mare.
Looks like they're freasians too, spendy mistake there...
I've had that happen to me...…………......symbolically, of course....
He gone!
We need Jorge to do a proper translation for us.
Posted By: RDW Re: Horse kicked by another horse - 04/25/19
Knocked his d ! ck in the dirt

+1
Without more video, can't say for sure. Horses can survive some amazing things.
Horseplay gone awry?
😃
Posted By: DMc Re: Horse kicked by another horse - 04/25/19
Did that mare have red hair???
Never saw a horse drop like that that was not dead. Certainly not much of a blow if it did cold cock him....
They said it kilt him.

Fuggin horses. Seems about right.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Not really.

"It killed (it)" a couple times

"Where did it hit it" once

"Its dead" twice. Once with the interrogative "yeah?"
Posted By: okie Re: Horse kicked by another horse - 04/25/19
Teasing and a good set of breeding hobbles. What is just as bad is all the dumbasses walking around in there like they can not get hurt either.
Originally Posted by Scott_Thornley

Not really.

"It killed (it)" a couple times

"Where did it hit it" once

"Its dead" twice. Once with the interrogative "yeah?"

Yeah, I picked up "He's dead, yeah." Just from my Latin and Italian studies.
Posted By: ronc Re: Horse kicked by another horse - 04/25/19
My keen sense of hearing detected some farts being expelled after the kick.
That's a pretty good video of amateurs showing what not to do, and the consequences.

Some people just shouldn't be allowed to have animals.
Originally Posted by okie
Teasing and a good set of breeding hobbles. What is just as bad is all the dumbasses walking around in there like they can not get hurt either.

This! should have been hobbled.. Expensive and stupid mistake..
I didn't watch it, but I use breeding hobbles or pasture breed...if my instinct tells me to. Most stud horses get beat up during the season.
There is a longer version that shows him taking the halter off, doesn’t appear to be breathing anymore.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lIwoNkx3Guo

Ronnie
If one has lots of time and animal availability, it's interesting to spend a day watching the various interactions of wild horse bands on our western rangelands in the spring. Life is real pain for stallions what with breeding duties and defense of the band during that period. A hard life (pun intended).

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by okie

And not a drop of Modelo was spilled.
Originally Posted by Prwlr

+1

The few horses I’ve shot, in the brain behaved in the same manner, that’s a dead horse...
Originally Posted by ironbender

And not a drop of Modelo was spilled.

Heh..then again he'd already taken a healthy swig or two before his horse died.
Originally Posted by Judman
Originally Posted by Prwlr

+1

The few horses I’ve shot, in the brain behaved in the same manner, that’s a dead horse...

Yep...

Sad, sad deal. Dumbshttz and horses are a bad mix!

If you listen to the Mesican in the red shirt, he distinctly says "looks like tacos for dinner tonight"

That is decerebrate posturing, meaning severe brain injury and death.
Good to know.
Posted By: jpb Re: Horse kicked by another horse - 04/25/19
Well, neigh means neigh...

John
An oldie but a goodie.

Another oldie. Thix clown was lucky.

That stud horse prob’ly cost a lot of money.

I’m wondering if el jefe had any of the handlers shot.
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

Not going to watch the video because I can't see an animal killed for no good reason. Hopefully they were shot
Steel shod horses have killed many people with a kick to the head as well.

I VERY narrowly escaped that myself.

Horse kicked with both hind legs.. hooves went either side of my head, and took my hat clean off.

One of those Pulp Fiction "miracle moments"... I was very lucky. And more careful after that.
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
An oldie but a goodie.

That horse knew exactly how to navigate around those obstacles, and the man didn't realize the horse was so skillful.
When i was about 10 years old i walked up to my cousins horse with reins looped on the fence post. It turned its rear to me and kicked taking off my ball cap.

As a 5 year old and in the hospital for asthma at Robert Lee the ranch people next room over were dealing with their daughter who was in bad shape from a horse kick.

Very sad. They were in my room a bit visiting my folks. I think their daughter was in a coma.

Unreal.
Originally Posted by Fanofthefortyone

Ronnie

As many have stated, that's a very sad outcome.
Bad shiit can happen when you give a 1200 lb animal a brain the size of a walnut...
People usually scoff at me when I tell them horses are dangerous animals. There's nothing quite like watching a woman feed a horse Apple's from her mouth to theirs. Wonder if that dunbass still has lips.
Bad shiit can happen when you give a 1200 lb animal a brain the size of a walnut...

Having been paired with many horses on elk hunts, I can only second this. I’ve been kicked at, bucked off, gone down with a horse on ice and snow and I have had them tried to bite me. No matter what I’m assured off, I have refused to approach or move closely behind one.

Call me cautious but call me alive and intact with no fractures.🙂
Stud horses in particular are crazy. Mares in season are crazy.

What could go wrong? crazy crazy

I saw a stud horse brought in to an equine facility to extract straws of semen one day.

The stud went crazy in a very high dollar aluminum trailer... The kind that has the living quarters. That trailer was no match for the stud horse. The horse tore that trailer up. Totaled it. Killed himself in the process. Kicking ragged holes in thin aluminum and dragging your legs back though tends to make some pretty bad wounds. Best I can remember, the stud and the trailer loss combined were a smooth quarter of a million dollars.
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

Having been paired with many horses on elk hunts, I can only second this. I’ve been kicked at, bucked off, gone down with a horse on ice and snow and I have had them tried to bite me. No matter what I’m assured off, I have refused to approach or move closely behind one.

Call me cautious but call me alive and intact with no fractures.🙂

If you ever make it here, George, I invite you for a visit. We don’t put up with any chit because a person could get hurt. Our horses will balance your perspective.
In fact, a couple years ago, I made a video of Alaskan horse bathing.

I was using my power washer. No problem. I think he enjoyed it.
When I lived in NV there was a fellow down the road from me that raised Quarter Horses.

He had an outfit similar to a squeeze chute he used for breeding.

I never saw it in operation but from the looks of it the mare wasn't going anywhere.

He said it was worth every penny he paid for it and after seeing that video I believe it.
Originally Posted by shrapnel

If you listen to the Mesican in the red shirt, he distinctly says "looks like tacos for dinner tonight"

Hahahah. Tff.

Btw, Shrap, wheres Travy? Is he ok,. please?
Originally Posted by jaguartx

Hahahah. Tff.

Oh look. A man-crush. Is t that cute!

smile
My neighbors son was killed by a horse a couple years ago. Horse kicked him in the chest. Broken ribs driven through his lungs.
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

Not going to watch the video because I can't see an animal killed for no good reason. Hopefully they were shot

Wow, you want people who made a mistake killed because a stupid horse accidentally died?
Horses are stupid and big. The combination is dangerous, period. The best survival method, besides staying away, is to keep them on the other side of the fence from you, at least until you've had a good chance to read them. I'm good with horses, but I trust darn few. I always try to be low-key but assertive, watching for lip curl and ears, the usual signals. If they are in the least agitated, I'm nowhere near. Just not worth it, how fast they can turn and pull the trigger. Makes me shudder just thinking about it.

That stud was dead even before his feet left the ground. That's a lesson for everyone.
Oh the “bombproof “ horse!!! Haha

Yep they’re bombproof til they’re not.. then somebody gets seriously injured, seen it time and again, my ol lady has several stories from 20 years as a er nurse... that kick to the face was probably equivalent to gettin shot in the face with a 45/70...

Hahahah. Tff.

smile

Ok, fer Iron.

Hey Shrap, do you know if that asswhole funny guy is ok or not? If you do, spill da freakin beans, kapisch!

Tellim i hope he didn't trade a sheep fer a horse.
Guy near Cortez my brother and i rented horses from in elk season had some a little green. Last time we called his place we found he had been in the hills and one reared up and fell backwards smashing his head on a rock. That ended his life on earth.
Originally Posted by xxclaro

Wow, you want people who made a mistake killed because a stupid horse accidentally died?

NO but they deserve a good ass kicking. Do you think those idiots should have been around horses?

I thought he wanted the injured horse shot.

I thought he wanted the injured horse shot.

I don't think the horse needed to be shot, the azzholes took care of that.
I have seen horses kill horses , horse kill cattle, donkeys chasing coyotes. ...an mules kick a warning shot , cow kick the hat off my head. The Equine brain is pretty amazing, but it takes an experienced man to decipher it.
A ready mare, might not favour that particular Stallion.
Life is tough.

Hahahah. Tff.

smile

Ok, fer Iron.
Hey Shrap, do you know if that asswhole funny guy is ok or not? If you do, spill da freakin beans, kapisch!

Trav texted me. He’s just busy with household chores.
Originally Posted by comerade
I have seen horses kill horses , horse kill cattle, donkeys chasing coyotes. ...an mules kick a warning shot , cow kick the hat off my head. The Equine brain is pretty amazing, but it takes an experienced man to decipher it.
Life is tough.
Originally Posted by comerade
Life is tough.

The mare is always the boss.

You’re right in that a lot of people don’t know chit about horses.
You could have the gentlist horse in the world but if he's standing there sleeping and you startled him awake you could end up wearing hoof prints
Originally Posted by jpb
Well, neigh means neigh...

John

"Mare #"

Hahahah. Tff.

smile

Ok, fer Iron.

Wouldn't happen to have a picture of him in his apron vacuuming would you?
That mare had high principals. Just said 'NO' to big, black COCK......
Originally Posted by RichardAustin
[

Hahahah. Tff.

smile

Ok, fer Iron.

Wouldn't happen to have a picture of him in his apron vacuuming would you?

I actually do . That big bearded bastard in nothing BUT an apron!

Oh, wait. That was gruff.
Posted By: okie Re: Horse kicked by another horse - 04/26/19
Had a pretty good tease pen set up at the old place, stood more than a few stallions. One older APHA we had had covered a lot of mares in his day and got to where if the mare gave any resistance he would go back in his pen until she was hobbled. I swear he would come out and literally check the ties on the hobbles before covering.....Smart guy!!!
Originally Posted by RichardAustin
Guess they never heard of teasing the mare first That and putting gelding out with mares, dumb people doing dumb stuff

dumb asses for sure , to large an area , stud not behaving , mare not tied, I won,t go on
Have not used horses for years, but in the past it seemed that about every six months or so one would figure out a way to drop me on the ground.
Originally Posted by 1minute
Have not used horses for years, but in the past it seemed that about every six months or so one would figure out a way to drop me on the ground.

Did you own horses? How often did you ride?
every six months......
Hey Juan Valdez, stick to pickin coffee beans.
You know I don't know schitt about horses, other than I know I'm scared as hell to walk behind one..which looks like I might know more than some.
Like I said, I don't know much, but aren't mules stronger, tougher feet, better climbers and go longer without water, why don't more people use mules for hunting trips instead of horses? What is the downside, they unpredictable or something?
Some horses are fuuckin' asssholes.

Some are great.

Either one is big enough to kill you.
Originally Posted by 1minute

Me either.

Some guys could get bucked off and not land head first.

That was not a skill I possessed.

Ever.
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Like I said, I don't know much, but aren't mules stronger, tougher feet, better climbers and go longer without water, why don't more people use mules for hunting trips instead of horses? What is the downside, they unpredictable or something?

horses will kill you on accident, mule will kill you on purpose if'n it dont like you

Horse..or mule?

You rather be killed accidental or on purpose?
My friends dad has a string of pack mules.

Some riding mules too.

I have always wanted a riding mule.

Some riding mules too.

Me too Jim.... I rode a gorgeous buckskin tobiano paint, fuucker was awesome. I drank a lot of beer, hauler a lot of meat on him, only horse I truly “liked”.....
Festus rode a mule named Ruth.

John Boy had a white mule named Blue.

I've never ridden a mule.
Know a gal who swears by Sorrel Mules.
Never asked her if Sorrel was color or breed? smile

Some riding mules too.

Me too Jim.... I rode a gorgeous buckskin tobiano paint, fuucker was awesome. I drank a lot of beer, hauler a lot of meat on him, only horse I truly “liked”.....

The fellow I worked for with the BLM has a string of mules. They are surprisingly numerous!

I reckon a mule would be near the only thing that could pack me around!

Dad would not speak to me if I got a mule!
Jim the Canadians run some big stock, usually crossed with Percheron, big boned tough bastards that are pretty gentle.... my ol paint was 14.2, fuucker had heart as I’m not a lil guy either.... grin
I'd like to show that chick the ol' buckskin.....
Originally Posted by SamOlson
I'd like to show that chick the ol' buckskin.....

[Linked Image]
A mulesicle interlude

Amazing, isn't it? Two species (horse and donkey) separated by about four million years of genetic isolation are still able to produce offspring (even if infertile). A few more million years of isolation, and that likely wouldn't have been possible.
Barkoff
Sorrel is the color- a red chestnut. Both horses and mules. Not very common in mules, IME.

Amazing, isn't it? Two species (horse and donkey) separated by about four million years of genetic isolation are still able to produce offspring (even if infertile). A few more million years of isolation, and that likely wouldn't have been possible.

Oh brother!

Anyway, was on an elk hunt once and I was switched from a horse to a this giant sorrel-colored mule about half-way through. It was like going from riding a jack-hammer to floating on a tall cloud. They really are smooth. Mules are supposed to much more sure-footed also.

Well,..while I and the guide were riding on a flat, meadow path, in bright day-light, the guides mule tripped, tripped! Throwing the guide right over its head, landing hard on the ground, thankfully unhurt. But with a headache for a day.

It made the muddy, switch-back trail, with a thousand foot drop in the dark, that much harrowing from then on.

Heap big animal - small brain - makes my heart soar like .........the other way.
I have quite a bit experience with mules- even roped of them.
There are pros and cons in the bush, no wither so they need a crupper or someway of keeping the saddle from riding forward.We once entered a ranch Rodeo and all timed events were with mules- once. I have seen well bred mules and they can look pretty good
I like all Equine and usually ride daily. Good subject

There was a nice palomino filly in the video too... smile
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

There was a nice palomino filly in the video too... smile

I went to horseback riding summer camp, and remember the good looking girls who are into horseback riding.
© 24hourcampfire