Home
A memorial to 140 Confederate soldiers who died while being held as prisoners of war in Wisconsin is to be removed from the cemetery plot where they are buried.

It's pretty obvious that America lost the Civil War.

https://www.wpr.org/madison-city-co...ission-votes-remove-confederate-monument
Idiot Yankees.
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Idiot Yankees.

Unfortunately, it ain't just the Yankees. It's everywhere.
Anybody touching that monument should be shot.
As they erase history they are killing the future.
Originally Posted by deflave

This
Well, it's Madison. Not at all surprising.
How about them green bay packers. grin

[Linked Image]
I wonder if this one will be allowed to stay:

Standing about 10 yards from my Grandfather and Grandmothers' grave.........

Cause of demise memorialized................. in stone!

[Linked Image]
I'm good with it. I hope everyone on the Fire has Muslim son-in-laws.
"There are white supremacists in our federal government and klansmen in our streets, things that might have been acceptable before Charlottesville are no longer OK," Levitan said. "Rebel soldiers who fought to preserve slavery should have their graves respected, but they are not entitled to a large marble monument in Madison's municipal cemetery."

Every.Single.Time.

The denial of history seems to be a huge part of mental illness.
The Communist Manifesto says that one step to gain control over a population is to erase their common history and replace it with one of your revised versions.
And NOBODY will raise a hand to stop it.
Doesn't this amount to desecrating a grave? Does Wisconsin have any law against that?

Twice.

One thing I would like to understand is are black folks really this thin skinned or is it guilty white people that make the Blacks thin skinned?
Originally Posted by jorgeI

Exactly, so fugg them all in their locale. I don't give a shiet if their kids a Muslim slaves.

Sad but so true.
This actually makes me mad in a way that the whole statue kerfluffle didn’t. This is a fugcking gravestone. If you remove it, you more or less remove the very existence of these men who did nothing more than fight for their country as they see it.

This is Stalinist. These guys are now as anonymous as those poor guys who died in some Siberian gulag.
Any way you care to cut it the men that fought for the South did so with honor and died with honor just as those that fought for the North did. That war settled the proposition of slavery once and for all. We have been fighting that war far too long. Let the dead rest in peace and remember them all for the price they paid. Ultimately they paid for slavery with their blood. Their monuments should be revered and honored for what they are, a remembrance of what the ultimate outcome of that terrible war was and the price of freedom. Freedom for the slaves and reuniting our country under one flag.
Originally Posted by watch4bear
How about them green bay packers. grin

[Linked Image]

Brilliant and SO germane...

Not in Madison.
Originally Posted by Bristoe
A memorial to 140 Confederate soldiers who died while being held as prisoners of war in Wisconsin is to be removed from the cemetery plot where they are buried.

It's pretty obvious that America lost the Civil War.

https://www.wpr.org/madison-city-co...ission-votes-remove-confederate-monument

Liberal Revisionist American History to fit their narrative. The only way to stop it is to make them accountable, and vote them out of office.
They won’t stop, never, never!!

Brilliant and SO germane

Thanks; ant time really

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ny...ional-anthem-black-lives-matter.amp.html
Nobody stopped them taking the headstone of Nathan Bedford Forrest off his grave in Memphis, it is not just up north...the statue was actually his headstone.
Originally Posted by rainshot
We have been fighting that war far too long. Let the dead rest in peace and remember them all for the price they paid. Ultimately they paid for slavery with their blood. Their monuments should be revered and honored for what they are, a remembrance of what the ultimate outcome of that terrible war was and the price of freedom. Freedom for the slaves and reuniting our country under one flag.

+1
Madison is F$#%#D

This is total BS. Sadly its not just happening up north. The history of the CSA is being removed and destroyed all across the country

I hate Wisconsin south of 8

Now see, that is the response I expect from Americans.

In case you are wondering, it is also the correct response.
The removal of the existence of the Southern soldier should mean there was no war ------ therefore no reparations due.
Originally Posted by Raeford

This

Originally Posted by Raeford

This

Yep.
© 24hourcampfire