Home
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/05/...utm_source=quora&utm_medium=referral
I like it. Glad I got out before I had to buy another uniform though. I've got at least 6 different uniforms taking up space in the closet as it is.
The United States Army wanted a spiffy new service uniform, one that would stand out in a tough recruiting environment and polish the Army’s image after a generation of grinding and divisive wars.

Who ever wrote that should have his dick cut off and made to eat it.
Originally Posted by watch4bear
The United States Army wanted a spiffy new service uniform, one that would stand out in a tough recruiting environment and polish the Army’s image after a generation of grinding and divisive wars.

She probably doesn't have one, but in today's Army, who knows.
Are they actually going to do it? I remember the Army Times running stories about a possible change to that style uniform in 1996. Of course, back then people bitched about the green Class A uniform. But I think the impetus was frinally the switch to what had formerly been the dress blues as a full time duty uniform. It was awful. And given the fact that most people wear the jacket too big so that has no form, it really looked like a fancy bus driver’s uniform or a hotel bellhop. Amazingly bad...

So, now we finally get to go to a more classic look. To bad we didn’t do when there was so much WW II nostalgia in the 1999s and early 2000s.
Originally Posted by watch4bear

https://www.military.com/kitup/2018...rm-2020-after-army-finalizes-design.html
talk about gay ? rainbow rangers are next

69th battalion of "the fightin' fa ggots"
Why not bring back the khaki uniform?
Any website other than the paywalled NYT?
Now I can't even view it in private mode.
They all look the same to me, completely gender neutral.
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Any website other than the paywalled NYT?
Now I can't even view it in private mode.

Look at Craigsters link above, it worked for me.

I would put the one I have in the closet on and model what they looked like 51 years ago, but it was designed to fit a much smaller person!
Originally Posted by lastround

I would put the one I have in the closet on and model what they looked like 51 years ago, but it was designed to fit a much smaller person!

Amazing how much clothing can shrink over the years when simply hanging in the closet. whistle
Originally Posted by jnyork
Originally Posted by lastround

Amazing how much clothing can shrink over the years when simply hanging in the closet. whistle

It is not limited to uniforms nor does it take fifty years. Ten years has resulted in notable shrinkage in simple work duds...
If you're gonna keep the women in the Army, at least put them back in skirts, and enforce the weight standards. I was at the Air Force Exchange yesterday, eating lunch with my wife, and I swear I thought I saw a couple of female hippos waddling by in Air Force camo. Wouldn't want to see those in skirts any time soon.
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
If you're gonna keep the women in the Army, at least put them back in skirts, and enforce the weight standards. I was at the Air Force Exchange yesterday, eating lunch with my wife, and I swear I thought I saw a couple of female hippos waddling by in Air Force camo. Wouldn't want to see those in skirts any time soon.

DFB,s
Disgusting fat bodies...
On pt/med profiles temp or perm
Male and female alike
Soft shell MOS,s mostly.
Give a 21 or 22 yr old combat arms type that has been in the schitt an honorable discharge after his 2- 4 yrs his GI bill and other vet benefits when he ETS,s.

Give duds who are fat, fail to advance, cant pass a pt test or whatever, a huge benefit package with separation money, preferential .Gov hiring, and extended ID cards benefits ect ect ect.
Seen it during the RIFs in the early 90,s.
Both daughters (officers)say it is going on again.

Nothing ever changes.....
Bring back puttees!
Originally Posted by renegade50
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie

DFB,s
Disgusting fat bodies...
On pt/med profiles temp or perm
Male and female alike
Soft shell MOS,s mostly.
Give a 21 or 22 yr old combat arms type that has been in the schitt an honorable discharge after his 2- 4 yrs his GI bill and other vet benefits when he ETS,s.

Give duds who are fat, fail to advance, cant pass a pt test or whatever, a huge benefit package with separation money, preferential .Gov hiring, and extended ID cards benefits ect ect ect.
Seen it during the RIFs in the early 90,s.
Both daughters (officers)say it is going on again.

Nothing ever changes.....

Back in '95 I wasn't riffed but the writing was on the wall. Despite a fine career Clinton's DOD was shrinking my odds to advance. Base Realignment and Closure (BRAC) had seperated me from the wife. The only time I saw her in two years was when I went home to bury my mother. So I ETS'ed with an honorable Discharge. I signed out of Division next to a PFC who two months earlier was a twelve year Staff Sergeant. He read the reports and decided to come to work at 1300 hours every day until he was busted from E-6 to E-3. Then, having passed the Retention Control Point for paygrade E-3, the Army bought out the rest of his recently extended enlistment. At the finance window I picked up my check for unused leave. I had $237 dollars to make it back to the west coast. He in turn picked up a check for $35,000. He bought me a coffee to start my journey home.

I do like the look of that uniform. My dad and Uncles were WWII vets. I'd never be as good as them, but I would at least like to look like them.

America!
They should have gone with the Jew Jersey State Troopers uniform. Best US uniform.
Originally Posted by Theo Gallus
Bring back puttees!

Have you ever worn puttees?????
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
They should have gone with the Jew Jersey State Troopers uniform. Best US uniform.
The US Marines might have something to say about that, they have THE sharpest dress uniform in the US. As for this new Army uniform, I dig it.
I hope they get rid of all berets except for the original Green Berets who earned that right. I don't keep up with military news anymore so hopefully they have already gotten rid of them. I had to wear that stupid fatigue cap that Gen. Westmoreland wore. I hated it.
Ridgway caps were kinda cool! Even Fidel liked em!
How long will the Army keep these uniforms? They sure like to waste money on their ever changing taste in fashions.
Never thought I would see the day…
Always thought that would be a damn good idea. Now give the Army its own air support instead of depending on the Air Force.
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
The US Marines might have something to say about that, they have THE sharpest dress uniform in the US. .

You got that right !

Semper Fi
Originally Posted by tdbob
How long will the Army keep these uniforms? They sure like to waste money on their ever changing taste in fashions.

Absolutely. Pick a damned costume and keep it. How about spending money on training to fight, win, and survive the battlefield.

We should not let REMFs make decisions.
Originally Posted by Ranger_Green
Originally Posted by tdbob

Absolutely. Pick a damned costume and keep it. How about spending money on training to fight, win, and survive the battlefield.

We should not let REMFs make decisions.

Warriors make remfs nervous,

mike r
Craigster: I like the looks myself... but, I would rather the Army spread the money around to the troops not the uniform makers!
The troops could spend these monies better in other ways.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
I hope they are getting rid of the silly berets; let the special forces keep them. They will look even worse with WWII style uniforms.
I still have my Dad's WW2 Army Air Corps Blouse.
Your papas, please.

[Linked Image]
Patterned after Nazi German uniforms. True story.
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Never thought I would see the day…
Always thought that would be a damn good idea. Now give the Army its own air support instead of depending on the Air Force.
They do, they're called helicopters and drones.
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Craigster: I like the looks myself... but, I would rather the Army spread the money around to the troops not the uniform makers!
The troops could spend these monies better in other ways.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

I agree, and I also agree with dumping the berets. Let the Frogs wear 'em.
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by stevelyn
Why not bring back the khaki uniform?

I was just thinking that. I handed mine down to my nephew when we couldn't wear them anymore. I liked khakis a lot better that the mint green shirt and class A trousers.
Glad I’m retiring before I have to buy yet another uniform. But I do like the retro look.

Old70
I think the new Army uniforms look real spiffy.
Are the shoes going to be black or brown ?
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

The NJSP uniform projects the attitude and image of the Schutzstaffel with a different color. I guess it's fitting since they act like it.
The Army doesn't need to change their uniforms, they need to change their toxic leadership and emphasis on stupid chit like flu shots, annual online training BS, constant don't rape anyone briefs, don't kill yourself briefs, personal vehicle inspection forms, having to ask to go out of town on your day off, and checking boxes of other dumb things to do. Get back to mission essential tasks.
Originally Posted by Taco280AI
The Army doesn't need to change their uniforms, they need to change their toxic leadership and emphasis on stupid chit like flu shots, annual online training BS, constant don't rape anyone briefs, don't kill yourself briefs, personal vehicle inspection forms, having to ask to go out of town on your day off, and checking boxes of other dumb things to do. Get back to mission essential tasks.

I agree with you 100% I’m still in about to drop my retirement. A cheesy ass uniform is not going to fix chitty leadership, chitty morale. I don’t know who the SMA talked to but it sure in hell wasnt regular ol joes down on the line. Some ph ucktard at the pentagon came up with this idea, no one wanted to tell them what a ph ucked up idea it was. To hey look at this uniform.. Mandatory wear date isn’t until 2024 anyhow..
lol... the Good Idea Fairy struck again. At least someone will get an OER bullet for it
Spiffy and uniform was a s far as I could stand to read.
I always wonder if it is not based on "spending money" for something important rather than all that "silly old combat gear".
© 24hourcampfire