Home
Posted By: mjbgalt Megan the beagle part 2 - 05/08/19
Took her in today to have the vet look at her for a blood test for which meds to give for her cushings disease. He Took one look at her and said something else is going on here.

He was right. X-ray found tumors in her lungs. Poor thing has been miserable and I thought it was all the cushings. Now waiting on the vet to come to the house and put her to sleep. Wanted my wife to get a chance to say good bye so i brought her home first. Vet gave her something to help her feel better for a few hours.

Damn this sucks
Posted By: Magnum_Bob Re: Megan the beagle part 2 - 05/08/19
My condolences. MB
Posted By: mjbgalt Re: Megan the beagle part 2 - 05/08/19
And you guys shut the [bleep] up about that rainbow bridge. Sloppy and teary enough over here. Lol
Posted By: ingwe Re: Megan the beagle part 2 - 05/08/19
BTDT...I feel for you...
Posted By: BamBam Re: Megan the beagle part 2 - 05/08/19
Sorry to that, RIP, Megan.
Very sad. Rest in Peace, Megan the Beagle.
Posted By: vapodog Re: Megan the beagle part 2 - 05/08/19
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
My condolences. MB

add me to this list.....+2
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
Very sad. Rest in Peace, Megan the Beagle.

Plus one, Cheers NC
Posted By: tdbob Re: Megan the beagle part 2 - 05/08/19
My condolences to you and your wife.
Posted By: jdunham Re: Megan the beagle part 2 - 05/08/19
I feel for you, never easy to do but you are doing right by her.
Posted By: Mac84 Re: Megan the beagle part 2 - 05/08/19
Terrible news. Sorry man
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Megan the beagle part 2 - 05/08/19
Hate to hear that! frown
She yelped In pain a few times when they put the juice in. That tore my wifes heart out. Sweet peaceful thing never hurt a fly. Good dog Megan. We love you.
Posted By: RickyD Re: Megan the beagle part 2 - 05/08/19
That's sad! Very sorry, but you're doing the right thing.
Posted By: 44mc Re: Megan the beagle part 2 - 05/08/19
I am sorry for you and your wife
Posted By: renegade50 Re: Megan the beagle part 2 - 05/08/19
Sorry about your dog.
Get a pup and give another one a great life.
Made me weepy reading this. My condolences.
No [bleep]...that hurts more than anything I can think of. Lotta people I would rather see in the ground than that dog for sure. good dog.
frown
Posted By: NDsnowman Re: Megan the beagle part 2 - 05/08/19
I'm sorry.
Posted By: SockPuppet Re: Megan the beagle part 2 - 05/08/19
I'm sorry to hear about your dear friend.
Man, do I feel for you guys Matt. You've got enough going on, and now this. I hope you guys get through this. Maybe another dog down the road. Beagles are so cool.
Posted By: FieldGrade Re: Megan the beagle part 2 - 05/08/19
It's never easy.

Sorry man.
Posted By: mjbgalt Re: Megan the beagle part 2 - 05/09/19
We have a husky and a shepherd husky mix still. They are adjusting.
Posted By: Poconojack Re: Megan the beagle part 2 - 05/09/19

Good girl Megan.

Very hard to lose a good dog.
Posted By: JeffyD Re: Megan the beagle part 2 - 05/09/19
One of life's tougher things to go through. Just tonight, coming home from dinner, The Mrs. and I drove past the vet's office where Petey the Lab. was put down a year and a half ago. Yeah, I got teary eyed just driving past the place. I understand your hurt.
Posted By: bbassi Re: Megan the beagle part 2 - 05/09/19
Sorry Bud. We've all been there and know your hurt. That doesn't make it any easier though.
Posted By: OMCHamlin Re: Megan the beagle part 2 - 05/09/19
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
No [bleep]...that hurts more than anything I can think of. Lotta people I would rather see in the ground than that dog for sure. good dog.

That's for damn sure.
I won't give you the Rainbow Bridge gig, but I'll tell you, I just lost my two old collies within a month of each other, and now my buddy is down to the last one or two days before he puts his faithful old gal down, and as many times as I've watched her while he was on travel, it's going to hurt me some too. It damn near always hurts me more to put a faithful dog down then it does to go to a funeral.

Plenty of people would take big exception to those feelings and my priorities, but I don't GAF, I'm wired as I am wired. I'm also not one to say immediately run out and get another dog, but after a respectful time, maybe consider it.
Remember, it's not just a one way street, dogs were meant to be with people, they need us like we need them, from that very first wolf that came close to that caveman's campfire so many thousands of years ago...

Sorry for your loss, thank you for putting her well being first.
Posted By: WestMont Re: Megan the beagle part 2 - 05/09/19
Oh how I feel your pain...…. I just lost my 15 year old best friend a week and a half ago and still waiting for the day I can get through the day without tearing up. She was super special much like I believe Megan is to you and your family. So sorry for your loss.
Posted By: sactoller Re: Megan the beagle part 2 - 05/09/19
Sorry for your loss.

Never easy
Posted By: mjbgalt Re: Megan the beagle part 2 - 05/09/19
She is under some shade trees in our yard in a quiet spot. I imagine we will visit often...picnic table there and it's peaceful. Thanks guys. Boss threw a fit that I wasn't there. What an [bleep]. Already had a half day scheduled for the vet and when I got that news i texted him as requested. Wanted to know why I didn't just do it earlier so i could come in. Wtf is wrong with some people.
Posted By: Hudge Re: Megan the beagle part 2 - 05/09/19
Sorry about your loss, sounds like your boss is a jackass and not a good leader.
Posted By: Virginian2 Re: Megan the beagle part 2 - 05/09/19
Sorry man. Sad day.
© 24hourcampfire