Home
Some are obvious.
Like using your actual name or some version of it.
The ones that are interesting are the other forms of usernames.

renegade50=
I hunted with a TC Renegade .50 cal for about 15 or 16 yrs .
Then I went over to the inline dark side about 2011.

Reason I started the thread.

Ain't been a thread like this for awhile it seems.

I"m not really sure...
A composite of my wife’s and my initials! memtb
Originally Posted by shrapnel

I"m not really sure...

SNORK! laugh
FieldGrade = nothing fancy, dependable, and gets the job done....
Shot quite a few deer with a Browning Micro Medallion 284 Winchester.
Niece couldn't pronounce my name, and it stuck with my friends.
"On the town, or on the campus, or just for pure smoking pleasure; smoking a Kaywoodie pipe is now the mark of the modern American male!”

My latest vintage Kaywoodie acquisitions. ( top model pre-1938).

[Linked Image]
Trades are OK, but CASH is mo' betta
Ingwe is the Shona and Zulu word for leopard. africans have a way of tagging you with a name, usually after some kind of misadventure.

I had a 'misadventure' with a leopard in Zimbabwe....
A rock chuck lives an ideal lifestyle (other than being shot at). They come out in the spring, eat themselves silly, make babies, spend the afternoons sitting up on the rocks whistling at pretty girls going past, then in August they go back down underground and sleep for 8 months. How can you beat that?
elk hunter nm

Pretty much explains itself.
Seems every time I go out in the woods with my buds it's my location when they pass gas. Uncanny!
I shortened my last name and added sr because my son made me a senior.

I desired something that would convey charismatic eloquence of thought and a steadfast moral
compass whilst remaining enigmatic and mysterious.
I fish a lot and enjoy my favorite beverage while doing so.
You guys took all the good ones before I got here. In frustration I tried the name that dad named the 10 acres that he bought up north in 1956 with a 3 acre 38' deep natural spring fed lake and 300' of lake frontage on an adjoining larger lake for $1,500. I sold it last October for a little more.
I'm kinda hoping "UncleSoapy" crazy from another thread participates in this.

crazy laugh wtf.....

This thread oughta get good ....
It's a Friday and the happy juice will be flowing all day and night.

laugh
My name is Tom and I’ve killed 264 people for asking dumb questions.
Originally Posted by Windfall
You guys took all the good ones before I got here. In frustration I tried the name that dad named the 10 acres that he bought up north in 1956 with a 3 acre 38' deep natural spring fed lake and 300' of lake frontage on an adjoining larger lake for $1,500. I sold it last October for a little more.

You sure your name shouldn't be Capital Gains?
It's none of your business.
95% German. Mothers maiden name was Opel, Fathers birth name was Hass.

I gravitate towards all things Germanic and several of my rifles have Krupp Lauftstahl barrels.
Hillbilly + Jack of all Trades = HillJack living in Ky.

The term HillJack refers to people who live in remote, rural, and somewhat mountainous regions of the United States (closely related to the people known as “Hillbillies” or “Rednecks”). A HillJack is competent at performing many skilled task (mostly manual labor), but is not the master of any one. The HillJack is described as an extremely proud American (somewhat backward and socially unsophisticated) who is willing to stand up for what He/She believes; never willing to compromise their integrity or values. HillJacks are a self reliant group who have been known to spend countless hours in pursuit of nature’s most prized creations: CATFISH, WHITE TAIL, and yes even a deer once in a while!
I'm an Amishman with an old W-head Chevrolet big block in my buggy
Beoceorl = Old English for Beekeeper
Originally Posted by ingwe
Ingwe is the Shona and Zulu word for leopard. africans have a way of tagging you with a name, usually after some kind of misadventure.

Heard about that while waiting for the flood waters to recede.......great story. Mine is my initials + my college alma mater.
Cattle brand.
I hunt in Wilkes County, N.C.
Snakes and initials.
Mark Taylor. So Papa T.
24cf rejected persian_fugitive (TV show ) so i changed it to persian_dog
It seemed like everyone or at least most around here use different usernames than their own so I chose rainshot. I wanted lawndart but that was taken. It seemed at the time that every time I went hunting I got rained on.
Was in the fishing tackle business for many years.

"I took your mom home from the party" was already taken.
Last name and best score I ever shot in a NTI or Leg match when the wife and I were actively competing.
Plumbing company I started my apprenticeship with was was hanco inc.
My name's not Ken. I own and operate one of the largest dog boarding kennels in central WA. My wife gave me a military style dog tag with my user name on it the first year we were in business. Also the name on my truck license plate.
Originally Posted by Tom264
My name is Tom and I’ve killed 264 people for asking dumb questions.

That should be your sig line........
grin
I was part of a group of Kentucky fans that wanted the coach Tubby Smith fired and we all chipped in to take out an ad in the Kentucky Kernel paper saying so, that created a poopstorm of hatred toward us and I got banned from a forum I was on for several years so I came up with KFWA which stands for Kentucky Fan With Attitude with the sole purpose of being an irritant to the mods on the Kentucky message board. So I just kept it and used it for other stuff.
years ago I picked up a used 1983 Gibson Flying V with "killerv" on the truss rod cover.
About 15 years ago, when I was still not too bothered about recoil, I shot a 340 Wby and 338-378 Wby quite a bit so my hunting partner started saying 'hey , it's 340boy!" laugh
I guess the name stuck, though I have thought about changing it to 6.5X55 or 270 something or other?
My name Ozell Gary
but everybody call me the Can Man

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by slumlord
My name Ozell Gary
but everybody call me the Can Man

[Linked Image]

Hahaha!!!

Yours should really be.
" Tenant died in my rental "

Serve pro like it never happened.

Hahaha!!
Did International sales for years and was always going somewhere. Been in 51 countries and 47 States so I guess the name is justified.
The handle I wanted was taking, so took the easy way out and chose my MOS designator. At times I regret it.. especially with you giving me grief in when I was in Korea over that transgender lol you are a dick!
Initials and what I love to do
What do you need when the fire is going out?
I'm a world record holder, in bench press. Well, for the little old guys, anyway. 55-60, 181, multiply bench, 530 at 177 bodyweight, 58 years old, drug free.
Still no Uncle Soapy?????

WTF????
I was born extremely hetero.
Can't find a damn shirt that fits

Ain't what I heard..........
My favorite Cartridge, been shooting 44 mag since I was about 11 or so.
Here you go folks.....
Spoiler alert, it's going to be very anti-climatic....

Back around 15 years ago or so, myself and a group of fellow employees were sitting around the break room table thinking of the creepiest name we could come up with for a radio talk show host.
The name "Uncle Soapy" produced the most cringe.

When I signed up to become a member a 24 hour campfire, my brain drew a blank, I couldn't think of a user name that I haven't already used on other forums.
When trying to think of a name, it brought me back to that discussion of creepy radio host names.
I thought to myself, what the heck, I'll use Uncle Soapy

There you have it folks, sorry to disappoint, has nothing to do with pedophilic misadventure.

Tom, were you aware that Ingwe is also the name of a king in Tolkien's Silmarillion and therefore appropriate as a name for the Poobah? You could almost be Ingwe II. cool
Originally Posted by rost495
Last name and best score I ever shot in a NTI or Leg match when the wife and I were actively competing.

Not many can say they shot a score that good. I think my best was 490 before legging out. My best shot at leg points was sticking to it when the rain started, got a bronze at Perry once just because I wouldn't quit when it started raining and so many did. And that score included a miss, had a double in rapid fire.
So my handle came about because I'm really myopic but still shoot good.
Originally Posted by UncleSoapy
Here you go folks.....

Back around 15 years ago or so, myself and a group of fellow employees were sitting around the break room table thinking of the creepiest name we could come up with for a radio talk show host.

When I signed up to become a member a 24 hour campfire, my brain drew a blank, I couldn't think of a user name that I haven't already used on other forums.
When trying to think of a name, it brought me back to that discussion of creepy radio host names.

There you have it folks, sorry to disappoint, has nothing to do with pedophilic misadventure.

Suuuuure..........Don't pay any attention to the "Free Candy" sign on the side of the minivan.......
Rooster is the name of my 14 year old female pointing lab. She was an upland bird hunting dream in her prime.

I purposely named her Rooster because I planned on only hunting with my buddies and it would make them have to yell COCK!! instead of ROOSTER!! when a male pheasant got up.

Yes.

I'm childish.

Yes.

I laughed my ass off.

A LOT.
Mine is simply a result of confusion while signing up...and a desire for anonymity.

mike r
There's this tribe of pygmies in Africa, see. They live in four foot tall grass. Trouble is, they are only three feet tall, so they are constantly jumping up and down, saying "Fugawe? Fugawe?"
The state of affairs in the country at the time were a clusterfuuck. The phonetic alphabet for C is charlie and for F is foxtrot. It also applies to anything that is FUBAR and is actually the general state of being we live in.
Pennsylvania Hunter with a Rem 760. This has been my e-mail and username in various places for 21 years.
Comrade is too lefty.
Comerade - my revision and partner in Arms, and someone who has their back.
Why do I think the ingwe leopard thong was the misadventure and it's somehow tied to Uncle Soapy?
My family are all gamblers so Aces was a natural name for their first born, my middle name is Norsegod but it was too long so I shortened it to N, my family’s last name is Eights and they’re famous robin hood type outlaws. It’s a very sentimental name for me, mostly because of the tremendous weight it carries. 😁

Jim (first name) + Ontario (province where I live). At the time the Campfire said I had to include a numeral, so....1OntarioJim

Jim
Drew a blank and cool names like Ingwe and Mule Deer were all taken, so, branch of service and MOS a long time ago.
Well at one time I was a Sergeant and my call number was 217...
Did a stint pulling trailers for Jeep events around the country using Dodge's diesels. Kinda fits as I have been known to be stubborn and carry the heavy load.( or is it be a heavy load.)
My high school calculus teacher/assistant scoutmaster gave me the nickname due to my pace on a Grand Canyon hike and my red hair. The legs now move slower and the hair is whiter.
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
Why do I think the ingwe leopard thong was the misadventure and it's somehow tied to Uncle Soapy?

You meant to say unclegropey?
Mannlicher-Schoenauer Rifles. Always been a fan
Thought you "had renegade on Ignore since day 1"
I taught the Texas Concealed Handgun Licensing Course for over 20 years.
Originally Posted by shrapnel

I"m not really sure...

As Paul Harvey would say, "Page two, the rest of the story"...

Inquiring minds and such want to know.

Have heard rumors. It's just us, you can come clean... grin

Confession's good for the soul... cool

DF

Sam will ignore this comment. Thank you very much.

Who hasn’t? 😂
lol

Yeah, he is an attention whore.

Fixing up old guns and stuff, nobody cares about that.
I'm from Iowa and I like to fish.
So there I was doing the backstroke in my own personal pool, when all the sudden I go down thisdark tunnel and some jackass in a schmook is pulling me by the head and smacking me on the ass. Next think I know I'm in a coed mini dorm for all these others who had the same experience and im with this name tag, Richard Austin.

Speaking of that dorm, hey Jennifer, call me.
Originally Posted by blindshooter
Originally Posted by rost495

Not many can say they shot a score that good. I think my best was 490 before legging out. My best shot at leg points was sticking to it when the rain started, got a bronze at Perry once just because I wouldn't quit when it started raining and so many did. And that score included a miss, had a double in rapid fire.
So my handle came about because I'm really myopic but still shoot good.

It was a good score. Of course I knew every shot I dropped and.... and I dropped one at the 600, just pure damn nerves because I knew what I'd done.

Sticking to it counts! Hell in my books it counts more than a good score. I'd have gotten points once with a miss if I hadn't gotten bent out of shape mentally over what I thought at the time had to be a pit scoring fault... but that was years ago and I'm more mature, and tend to ignore things I can't change ( easily anyway) these days.

I sure thought as I got even better I'd shoot a 500 eventually, but as I got to where the only thing holding me back was not shooting above 98 standing usually, and that was on perfect days, we just quit shooting and took up life again.
Son's jersey number in football and baseball.
I used to make 5 trips a year to Montana to shoot 1000 yard benchrest competition...….therefore, lngrng (long range).
Because I'm a fan of the 260 Remington cartridge?

I could have just as easily been the 25WSSMGuy, but the 25 WSSM hadn't been introduced, let alone discontinued, when I signed onto this site for the first time.
Bought a '79 Ford Fairmont for 20 bucks. The little 4 popper was about shot. I first put a 2.3 turbo out of an '81 mustang cobra in it but that motor went south. So I yanked the 360 big block out of a '71 Ford F250, Put 390 crank and pistons in it and shoehorned it into that little Fairmont.....Along with an 8-point cage, frame connectors, custom clutch system and really funky dual exhaust. My buddy who was in the Air Force was home on leave when I got it running with the 390 in it. He said...."I thought you were sick when you put the turbo motor in that piece of junk. Now I know that you're Psychotic". I change the spelling and put Sykotik on the license plate.
I like guns, and 50 has long been my favorite bore.
Originally Posted by 79S
The handle I wanted was taking, so took the easy way out and chose my MOS designator. At times I regret it.. especially with you giving me grief in when I was in Korea over that transgender lol you are a dick!

I fugged with you so hard on that.
I used one of those really super sharp Japanese Treble hooks!!!

Lmfao!!!!

Sorry man, but I got ya good on that marilyn manson Warrant Officer!!!
If it ever went down over the border, the NORKS woulda sent it back that same day. Even they wouldnt keep something like that for ransom.

laugh laugh grin

Orion, the hunter, is my favorite constellation in the winter sky. 2000 just to differentiate..
Kolofardos is Greek slang for someone who's got horseshoes up their ass. I had a streak of getting 5 2 point moose 5 years in a row (1 or 2 points are the only ones legal for the general open season, everything is else is by lottery). A couple of bitterly envious hunting partners started calling me Kolofardos. Some guys hunt years without seeing 1 or 2 point moose, so I guess I've been extremely lucky!
Here you go folks.....

Ummmmmmm....
Yah that is legit for sure.....

"UncleSoapy".
Any regrets about that username on a international hunting website at all??? crazy

What was your name on other sites? It surely had to be something better than " UncleSoapy".
Should have used one of those.
It sounds like a character out of a Rob Zombie movie.
Definately nailed the creepy factor radio show host thing for sure.

Gawd............

crazy laugh
It occurred that I didn't have all my digits, but Digitless Dan just didn't strike me the right way. Ah HA! It is the digital age....and I can count to 9-1/3 on my fingers.
2 user name here

‘Twas back in the day before all the sock puppet bs going on around here.

Started out as 1akhunter, cause that’s what I was just one of many hunters in AK

When my post count reached 13,666. I thought man that’s a lot of posts and 13 stands for unlucky and 666 stands for the devil.

Yep great way to retire 1akhunter as one unlucky ole devil

But I screwed up and forgot when I posted from my phone that it was still under 1ak so it’s several posts over 13,666 🤦🏼‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

When I made the switch the car radio had just finished playing 2legit2quit by MC Hammer ( I think that’s who sings it )

And since I’m about the most unoriginal bastid I know I just used it

Seen a lot of changes on the fire over those many years, as well as in our nation

But I can tell you one fing thing

I’m 2legit2quit. 😱🤔😂
Shot a buck in a November lighting snow storm in Maine, which is pretty unusual. To this day, I have never seen lightning during a snow storm.
Because I live in the Champlain Islands.
Originally Posted by 340boy
About 15 years ago, when I was still not too bothered about recoil, I shot a 340 Wby and 338-378 Wby quite a bit so my hunting partner started saying 'hey , it's 340boy!" laugh
I guess the name stuck, though I have thought about changing it to 6.5X55 or 270 something or other?

Change it to 007. wink
Originally Posted by lightning
Shot a buck in a November lighting snow storm in Maine, which is pretty unusual. To this day, I have never seen lightning during a snow storm.

Thunder snow.
Grew up in Maine myself have heard it about 2 or 3 times.
It is rare.
At least ya had tracking snow on the ground.
Some Novembers up their you dont get squat and that sucks...
If you can't figure it out, I can't help you.
Navy fighter pilot for 21 years.
Once I began using computers which created the need for usernames & .............Following the pattern of alpha-numeric titles for Hercules Reloder powders........& being a reloader ............& my birth day being 28. Hercules had not yet claimed the number 28, so I did.

I should trademark it so they’d have to pay me for it if they wanted it.
My username translates too “he who watches birds”.
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
My username translates too “he who watches birds”.

Thank you so much for clearing up that conundrum.
I live in the upper peninsula of Michigan, usually referred to as the U. P. The people here are call yoopers. Yooper was already taken on the first sight I registered on, so I took Youper, and stuck with it on subsequent sites.
One of the more interesting threads on the fire!
My last name, State I live in, employee number at one of my many jobs. Not very exciting.
Originally Posted by renegade50
Here you go folks.....

Ummmmmmm....
Yah that is legit for sure.....

"UncleSoapy".
Any regrets about that username on a international hunting website at all??? crazy

What was your name on other sites? It surely had to be something better than " UncleSoapy".
Should have used one of those.
It sounds like a character out of a Rob Zombie movie.
Definately nailed the creepy factor radio show host thing for sure.

Gawd............

crazy laugh
kellory PM you yet?

Hahahahahahaha

"Hey lay off my dungeons and dragons dungeon master, he's legit"
I have a gun addiction.I have a lot of Remington 700 stainless rifles. I am working on my 9th custom build. My 10th custom will be for my grandson.
From a girl I know.
Originally Posted by Gunaddict
I have a gun addiction.I have a lot of Remington 700 stainless rifles. I am working on my 9th custom build. My 10th custom will be for my grandson.

that's not an addiction , it's just being a man.
I’m like Superman. Intergalactic strength.

I can bend steel with my bare hands.
No reason.

[Linked Image]

Hint..............
I didn't want people to know who I really am so I made up a dorky sounding name.
Originally Posted by tdbob
From a girl I know.

Are you sure she said “T” and not “V”? 😂jk
I'm a flawed protagonist.
From a girl I know.

That reminds me of the scene in the movie 5 easy pieces where Jack Nicholson’s character comes up from banging hookers and his T-shirt reads.... TRIUMPH.
🤣
Originally Posted by persiandog
Originally Posted by Gunaddict

that's not an addiction , it's just being a man.

No [bleep]
I'm Black
I bought this pre-64 M70 from an out of work guy with a family to feed.
I was from the Sacramento area and my Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever...

The one in my Avatar, Maggie.
The current one Abigail is guarding the booze!
I used to be obsessed with Salmon fishing.
From April through December, I'd be on northern California rivers pursuing these great gamefish.

I've diversified in recent years....well sort of.

[Linked Image]
Some are obvious.
Like using your actual name or some version of it.
The ones that are interesting are the other forms of usernames.

renegade50=
I hunted with a TC Renegade .50 cal for about 15 or 16 yrs .
Then I went over to the inline dark side about 2011.

Reason I started the thread.

Ain't been a thread like this for awhile it seems.

Birth certificate. It was sorta hard and tricky, but I figured it out.
Ditto what Leroy said.
I have a Beretta Mato In 7mmRem Mag. Hence 7mmMato
I have a horse named Flossie.
I took a dump and named it Paddler.
I love fine Cigars...
Was in shooting class and was told "Average shooter can't..." So i'm a Dave an average guy.
I'm a charter boat Captain on Lake Michigan and my nickname is Butch.
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

When he was born his momma yelled at the doctor.

"Dont flush it, It's got eyes".
The state of affairs in the country at the time were a clusterfuuck. The phonetic alphabet for C is charlie and for F is foxtrot. It also applies to anything that is FUBAR and is actually the general state of being we live in.

I thought for sure it had something to do with your love for the Spartan Nation! Go Green go White!
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

When he was born his momma yelled at the doctor.

"Dont flush it, It's got eyes".

Just corn.
I worked 35 years as an electrical Lineman. The last 25 of those years was as a Serviceman. My customers called me Lightman!
From a girl I know.

Are you sure she said “T” and not “V”? 😂jk

Lol
I raised pinto bean seed for 25 years.
Left eye doesnt turn left. Had great vision so is play on Hawkeye.
My first name and initial from my last. Had a few good ones from 30 years working in the firehouse but to filthy for a family site like the fire.
I used to hunt and kill quite a few wild hogs. So back in the days before texting when we used radios (still do some places) that what my handle was.
It kind of stuck as a nickname in some circles. I been associated with it for probably 30 years.
Mine was the name of the big footed dog in my avatar. He didn't need it anymore.
Still miss him after a lot of years.
Cutting logs for a living logging...
had a sky=eyed siberian husky, red wooly variant.

named him gus for some strange reason.

also: Georgia, us A.
First initial “R”, first 3 of last name “Ing” and I’m the third so Ring3. Way back when I chose this as it was easy to remember on all the boards which interested me. Stuck with it for all these years.

Rob Ingram
Cause sometimes you don't need to overthink it. Just shootem.
I love to stalk in the woods!!
Started out this way.
"Enjoy collecting vintage pocket watches and Savage 99's 303's"

Now because of my age and count total of ladies in my life. wink grin GW
Tried about 5-6 diffrent Handles, all were taken. I joined because I wanted to learn more about Savage 99s, had a 1899 303 Saddle ring Carbine next to me so tried Saddlering, and it Took!
Last name is Yates, and I've been blessed with no shortage of body hair, so my nickname in the Army became Yetti. Added the t to differentiate from the coolers and bikes.
My favorite snack food.
I'm from Minnesota. U of M mascot is Goldy the Gopher. The other half comes from my interest in all things gun related.
From this guy,..my great grandfather,...Noah (Noey) Bristoe.

[Linked Image]
I started a group of my old highschool grads from 1970. I nicknamed us the rustyzipper club. We would go out to dinner together about once a month. The name sort of happened. I took it up for some internet forums. We still have walker and wheelchair races now and then to see who gets to the dinner table first! We were in our 50s when we started it. Now we are near 70. God Bless. Rusty
live in south texas, last name hunter.
Goes way back to the old Prodigy days. Tex-Mex for "ghost"
Not quite birth certificate easy but close GRF George Robert Fairs
I am but one of a legion of gun owners.
Cool picture Bristoe.

Tobacco?
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Cool picture Bristoe.

Tobacco?

Yeah.
The good old days.
Old man I use to sale coons and foxes I trapped too. He called me Fuzzytail. Said If it had a fuzzytail I could catch it in a trap, College money!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
The good old days.

lol,...only if you've never worked in tobacco.
Tongue in cheek.
I think this is an easy one to figure out.
Our boxer.
We named him Dillon.
His papers called him Buck.
From a gal at work!
A couple of years before I discovered the Campfire, and joined the group, I had wandered into a large gun store that stocked lots of used rifles, looking for something that I had been lusting after: a Savage M-99 in 250 Savage. I had recently inherited my Grandfather's Savage M-99 in 30-30 Winchester. That sparked my interest in the Savage lever-actions. The more I learned about them, the more interested I became in acquiring one in 250 Savage.

Another rifle I had on my want list was a sporterized Springfield 30-06. A friend had one, and I liked the Mauser features and I particularly liked the practical, knurled knob on the end of the bolt to facilitate uncocking the firing pin. I just thought it was a cool idea, and I liked the look.

So, this particular day, I walked into the gun shop and asked the man behind the counter if he had any used Savages in 250 Savage in stock. He said, "Why, yes I do. I have a nice one you may be interested in."

I naturally expected him to produce a M-99 lever-action. Instead, he handed me one of the lightest, trimmest, little bolt action rifles I had ever held, and it had every appearance of being a miniaturized Springfield, right down to that knurled knob on the end of the bolt. I was informed that it was a first-year, Savage Model 1920, made in 1920. (Trimmer and finished better than the version introduced in 1926). It was well used, but had obviously been well taken care of. The bolt slid back and forth as smooth as glass. The price was reasonable and I bought it without hesitation.

I had a lot of fun working up loads for its slow-twist barrel. A friend who was a retired gunsmith created a scope mount that anchored into the rear sight dovetail so that I could mount a scout-scope on the rifle with out any drilling or permanent alteration to the rifle. The rifle's best load used the 75 gr. V-Max bullet and would consistently group just a little over an inch for 5 shots at 100 yards using the scout scope, in spite of the fact that the rifle had a very worn throat, and lots of light pitting the full length of the barrel. (I already had a Hawkeye Borescope in my gun room). I shot many ground squirrels with it in a rocky burn area where most shots were in the 50 yard to 125 yard range. I became a big fan of the 250 Savage cartridge, eventually acquiring my M-99 as well as a Rem M-700 Classic. (My modest collection today also includes 3 Springfield Sporters in 30-06. One is a Sedgley. So, that itch eventually got scratched, too).

So, when I joined the Campfire, that nifty 250 Savage Model 1920 was what had been keeping me busy in the loading room and at the range. It is still a favorite of mine.
It was on my Father in Laws funeral bulletin when I signed in. 1935-2012
Mine was my Navy rating and rank, and my last name, OpticalMan Chief. It was a small, specialized rating that worked on everything that the Navy put glass in (except eyeglasses!) Binoculars, NVS, optical gun sights, compasses, sextants, stadimeters, alidades, big eyes and submarine periscopes. In 2000, the rate was disbanded and the Navy started using more modern binos that were not meant to be worked on, farming everything else out to DOD contractors. I guess I could have snagged a job at the east coast periscope repair facility, but Newport, RI? No, thank you...
Mine is Complicated.......
Originally Posted by OMCHamlin
Mine was my Navy rating and rank, and my last name, OpticalMan Chief. It was a small, specialized rating that worked on everything that the Navy put glass in (except eyeglasses!) Binoculars, NVS, optical gun sights, compasses, sextants, stadimeters, alidades, big eyes and submarine periscopes. In 2000, the rate was disbanded and the Navy started using more modern binos that were not meant to be worked on, farming everything else out to DOD contractors. I guess I could have snagged a job at the east coast periscope repair facility, but Newport, RI? No, thank you...

I was working at the submarine mast and antenna shop at MARMC in Norfolk, I think that's where we sent the periscopes.anyway thats where I was when I signed on here the first time. I was a Colorado resident in The Navy. the best horse I ever rode was owned by a company and his identifying brand was 1135. So that's how my name was made.
In Spanish Alamosa means Cottonwood tree.
Sometimes I will camo up my duck hunting kayak to look like a floating alamosa i.e. cottonwood.

I'm a dentist in a small town in rural Alabama. Thought it sounded pretty good when pronounced.
Blatantly stolen from Varmint_Al who maintained an awesome shooting/varmint hunting website. Was BAT_Boy for several years until I sold one of my BAT actioned custom rifles to a fellow in TX. I had 5 such rifles at the time and when he told me that he owned 13 BAT rifles already, I dropped the moniker because I felt unworthy of the name.
© 24hourcampfire