Home
We closed the other day!

1.79 acres, house, garage, modest pole barn and a shed. Out by Canyon Ferry lake on the upper Missouri River in the rain shadow of the Elkhorns.

Still sinking in as I didn't see as possible even a few years ago. grin

Anyways, pretty jazzed it came together and wanted to share with all you landed gentry types. Bye bye rent, hellooooo mortgage... Move in next weekend. Note, it has thawed out since the pic, for awhile.

Thanks for looking.
[Linked Image]
Congratulations!
Congratulations, that is a beautiful place.
Everybody needs a place to hang their hat.
good for you and the family
Congratulations ! That’s a great area to live.
congratulations!

is that anywhere near Mann Gulch where the firefighters died in the 50s?

Sycamore
Congrats and God bless
Congratulations! I built our first house a year after we married. In this area rent is 30% higher than the mortgage payment would be if you purchased that same property. Asked my banker why anyone would pay $2,500/month to rent a 2000' house. He said I'd be surprised how many high income families can't save the down payment.
Most folks live check to check.
Congrats, beautiful area! I have some land and a cabin about 30 miles east of Canyon Ferry. If I could spent all of my time in that locale, I would. Here's to many years of happiness for you.
Rejoice! Now you can vote.
Oh yeah, remember to keep an eye out for that 1971 Craftsman snowblower in your travels. Now is the time to buy.
Cool! That's a great feeling. Beautiful place.
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
Rejoice! Now you can vote.

Full vote? LOL

Thanks guys!

Syc. I am not familiar with Mann Gulch. RIP

Resmen. I was informed that if I would go further east it'd be alone! Door to door we're about 300 yards to grandparents. Our 5-year old and them think it's pretty cool.

JackM. Should have been doing this thirty years ago but I was being a F'off. It is what it is. I feel grateful for the opportunity!

Thanks for sharing in the good times...
Living the dream. Nothing wrong with any of that! Good for you.
Beautiful! I know you are happy. What state is that?

Does it have a wood stove?
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
Beautiful! I know you are happy. What state is that?

Does it have a wood stove?

Montana.... No wood cutting necessary. Shop might get one but the house is rolling propane heat. It's a windy place. I look forward to looking out at the sideways snow next winter a fair amount more than shoveling! Heck, I'll be on the road, hopefully the wife gets into snow removal. Will be driving my ass off, getting it done.

A few more tidbits. Fully fenced for a dog. We're looking. Has some yard irrigation, we're planning some upgrades and more plantings. . Otherwise it is a prickly pear flat... We think this was the 3rd or 4th place put in out here so we have some established trees the fancy new places won't for some time.

Friends of the family, fsbo, unlisted.... Found out about it the same day we pulled out of another deal. Yahoo.
That's a nice place, congrats!
👍
Congrats boom boom.
that's a really nice place, great views and good country. Congratulations!
Congrats, nice place you have there.
Congratulations!!
Congratulations!
House and with all of the requisite outbuildings.
With all that comes with ownership, may you always enjoy and be happy!
Congrats!

You already looking at tractors? grin
Congrats !
Am envious, congrats on your house!!
Well done mate, good to put down roots , helps to have family close by too
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
We closed the other day!

1.79 acres, house, garage, modest pole barn and a shed. Out by Canyon Ferry lake on the upper Missouri River in the rain shadow of the Elkhorns.

Still sinking in as I didn't see as possible even a few years ago. grin

Anyways, pretty jazzed it came together and wanted to share with all you landed gentry types. Bye bye rent, hellooooo mortgage... Move in next weekend. Note, it has thawed out since the pic, for awhile.

Thanks for looking.
[Linked Image]

Looks beautiful! Congratulations!!!!
I'll put in for moose there again now that I know I have a place to stay.
Nice looking place. Congratulations.
Congratulations and God bless!
Very nice.

Be sure to add an extra $100 towards principal every month.

P
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Congrats!

You already looking at tractors? grin

Anything that can move snow catches my eye! Kind of spoiled, step dad has a dandy John Deere backhoe and is very handy with it. We're already plotting!

Appreciate all the comments. Just thrilled about it all. BTW came camping out here in 75 and 76 with my maternal grandparents before any of the development. It feels right.
Like my buddy says “Buy land. They’ve stopped making it.”

Good on ya!

I expect nothing less! Hey, when's that deadline? Oh, we'll need a fishing boat too. And not a crappie one, one for walleye, perch and trout.
Maybe Mule Deer has one we can borrow.
Nice! Congrats!
Congratulations, well done!
Very nice.

Hey, when's that deadline?

May 1, 2020...
I'm happy for you. Everyone needs their own house.
Boomer,
That's a nice looking place! And the mountains in the background. Very sweet.
You are living the dream. And dont forget, you are also living OTHER peoples dream.

Congrats. Enjoy.
Well done, I would bet that you will pass many of those long hours on the road planning your time at home. It takes a lot of the pain of hard work away when you feel like you are meeting goals.

mike r
Congrats, Boomer!
Congratulations!
Boomer, first of all congrats on the house, it is a great feeling to stop renting and start building equity!

Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Very nice.

P

This is great advice.

My wife and I bought a small house 10 years ago and we have one payment left on would was a 30 year mortgage.

Paid extra EVERY month and that makes a big difference when you start chopping away at the principle.
Awesome Sam! 10-Years saved you a bunch!

Appreciate the encouragement.

Likewise, I appreciate folks' good comments! That's the place right down there, 1/3 from the right! Our's is just a speck, but by golly it's OUR'S (as long as WE make the payments per the 1-inch stack of papers singed!).

[Linked Image]
Beautiful place mtnboomer. Congrats to you and your family. I could certainly get used to that view that's for sure.
Boomer, drive an old pickup and put extra money down on the damn house payment!

Unless you overpaid(which I doubt...) your house is gonna appreciate.
Congratulations!!

Now you can be a rancher with them 2 acres!!
that kid needs a dog good luck to your family in your new ranch
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Congratulations!!

At least 2 horses.
Congrats!!!!

First thing I'd do is put Bristo on speed dial.
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Congratulations!!

At least 2 horses.

Mainly going for bird habitat. The neighbors are going to freak when I transplant sage brush! Darndest thing they'll ever done seened!
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Congrats!!!!

First thing I'd do is put Bristo on speed dial.

No chit right! LOL
Congrats boomer!

Hey, when's that deadline?

May 1, 2020...

Chit! Guess I saved the app fee.... Again. LOL
Congratulations Boomer! That’s great!
Nice;)
Congratulations, and nice looking place. The wife and I have bought two houses, the first tin 2005 in Arkansas, and the second in Alaska. I never get tired of the views in Alaska. My brother-in-law from FL loves to come and visit. In the summer, he will just sit out in the back yard for hours in awe of the mountains.
Congrats. There's no place like home!!!!!
Boomer:

May we assume that you’ll be back in the stock painting painting, grinding, rehabbing business?

Great move. Best.

Bob
DAMN! Congrats Boomer, nice spot, guess id have the back of that house piled with 8' high with firewood stacks.
Awesome Sam! 10-Years saved you a bunch!

Appreciate the encouragement.

Likewise, I appreciate folks' good comments! That's the place right down there, 1/3 from the right! Our's is just a speck, but by golly it's OUR'S (as long as WE make the payments per the 1-inch stack of papers singed!).

[Linked Image]

I see they even threw in a free kid! Good deal.

Congrats.
Looks like a nice place, hellava location! Grats
Congrats Carl !!!
Congrats, well played.
beautiful place with a nice view.
Originally Posted by Setterman
Boomer:

May we assume that you’ll be back in the stock painting painting, grinding, rehabbing business?

Great move. Best.

Bob

Bob, Time is my biggest challenge (see signature line). Once set up to handle things smoothly I'll give it a try. We'll see. Longterm, that pole barn has me thinking... Cheers.

Guys, All the kind words and support are appreciated! It's a great thing.
MtnBoomer: Congratulations on the new place.
Good for you.
With that view, that clean air and that low stress area to live in, it will add greatly to your quality and LENGTH of life!
"Big Sky" is where "it's" at!
Enjoy and thanks for sharing.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
(59725)
Congratulations! Looks like beautiful area to live and raise your family.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Very nice.

P

That is very good advice. I think we did $200 - made our 100K 30 year morgage paid off in 15, with about $100K saved in interest.

Twice! smile
That is great advice. Just an extra $100 a month, you will pay off that note years earlier. You will save a fortune in interest.
Congrats! Feels good to not share walls with other folks, and to not have to ask permission to change paint colors. wink enjoy it. It feels good to know it's actually yours.
Was in an outstanding thunderstorm near there once.....
We figured out why all the boats were heading for shore when they saw the black clouds comin'.....afterwards. smile

Good times.

Enjoy.
Our lake view is a bit interrupted. Wife thinks we'll need a tower of some sort. I've added it to the list.

First load of gravel coming this week.... For the pole building. Working on truck parking next.

A few pics of the north side spread, lol, without snow. Toys are the PO's.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The perfect spread is one where you can justify owning a tractor, but don't absolutely NEED a tractor.

Looks like you found one.

Good on ya.
© 24hourcampfire