Home
The events were so out of the victim's view of what's possible that he couldn't believe it was actually happening, so essentially did nothing to preserve his own life.

Could be a gang initiation. People do things that make sense to them at the time. In other words, the perp HAD a reason.
Why didn't the guy in the white car back over him?
Originally Posted by smarquez

That's what I was thinking. Likely too cowardly, fearing he'd turn his gun on him if he didn't immediately incapacitate him.
The victim had ZERO situational awareness. None at all.

By the time alarm bells were ringing in his head, it was too late.

I think a large percentage of people today go through life like that.

There's no accounting for the motive the killer had. Normal people cannot compute "crazy"... They have to give it a reason.

It may have been nothing more than the guy wanting to know what it feels like to kill someone. Motives a lot of times don't fit into a handy bin. Sometimes only the perp knows why... Or he may not even know himself.

Ever look around when sitting at a red light - see how UNAWARE the vast majority of people are ?

Lots of young people with anger issues , sad about the the innocent victim , as stated he just went into shock disbelief as to what was happening .
People like the shooter hugely deserve to be tortured for many years .
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

There's no accounting for the motive the killer had. Normal people cannot compute "crazy"... They have to give it a reason.

It may have been nothing more than the guy wanting to know what it feels like to kill someone. Motives a lot of times don't fit into a handy bin. Sometimes only the perp knows why... Or he may not even know himself.

Yep.
9 months ago ...what became of this ?
Originally Posted by atvalaska
9 months ago ...what became of this ?

He was arrested and charged.
[Linked Image]
https://kfor.com/2018/09/17/watch-witness-risks-life-to-stop-suspect-in-fatal-el-reno-shooting

I to am surprised nobody was carrying a handgun to stop this murder. There is a good chance the driver of the dark pickup, who attempted to spin the perp's car around, was armed.

El Reno man killed Friday in shooting

By Ray Dyer | September 19, 2018

The man suspected of killing Ryan Randall Johnson on Friday evening, fired multiple times, several rounds from close range, police said.

Zachary Khea Huber, 25, is being held in the El Reno municipal jail. Information will be presented to the Canadian County District Attorney for consideration of formal charges.

El Reno police arrested Huber just after midnight Saturday morning after tracking him to a local residence. Police Chief Ken Brown said Huber was arrested at the home of a relative. The arrest was made without incident.

Police would not release a motive for the shooting, but social media discussion suggested the pair may have been involved in an earlier altercation.

“There’s a lot going on on social media,” Brown said.

Police had originally listed Huber’s birth date as being in 1983, but that was corrected Monday morning to 1993. He apparently turned 25 on Aug. 8.

Johnson was 37 years old, police said.

The shooting happened outside Ruddie’s Quick Stop, 1524 W. Elm, just before 7 p.m. Johnson was taken by ambulance to Mercy El Reno Hospital where he died.

Survellience cameras recorded the shooting. Police released a photo showing a man, presumed to be Huber, standing behind a vehicle at the gas pumps and aiming a semi-automatic handgun in the direction of the store.

Brown said it is believed the shooter fired twice at Johnson, knocking him to the ground before continuing to fire at closer range. Johnson was shot “multiple times,” police said.

Brown said as “many as three people” tried to intervene “in some form or fashion” to assist Johnson. One witness to the shooting reportedly jumped on the hood of Huber’s vehicle in an effort to stop him. The man was reportedly thrown off the vehicle and into the middle of Elm Street. He was not believed to be seriously injured.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Most have no idea what could be waiting for them every morning they go out the front door.
Guy jumping on the hood was about a genius.
He musta wanted to die too
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Could be a gang initiation. People do things that make sense to them at the time. In other words, the perp HAD a reason.

Drug deal gone bad, or revenge for a tryst could also be the reason. Or mistaken identity.
Probably a road rage incident earlier between the two. As much as we want to flick dumb drivers off, blow horns, etc....we just don't know what it might escalate to these days.
The article said a lot was happening on social media. Looks like one of them unfriended the other.
More evidence that the survival instinct is slowly being bred out of humans.
Originally Posted by chesterwy

"Damn! You shot me! What the hell, dude??"
If I had been in the silver truck that mf'r would be ground meat!

Why would anyone interfere with an undercover agent taking down a bad guy that had just killed four innocent people in a farm house?.....

No, that's Not what it turned out to be, but did anyone other than the victim and the perp have ANY inclination as to what was going on?.. and the victim could be excluded from that knowledge too....
that stuffs just crazy
BS...the dead guy never raised his hands or made any indication the fk'r shooting was a cop.

And to be truthful, if a cop was shooting an un-armed non-threatening guy (in that instance based on the video) he deserves to be run over, backwards and forwards...that was cold blooded murder.
Originally Posted by chesterwy

At least the vic didn't start stabbing himself.
Originally Posted by tndrbstr

Why would anyone interfere with an undercover agent taking down a bad guy that had just killed four innocent people in a farm house?.....

No, that's Not what it turned out to be, but did anyone other than the victim and the perp have ANY inclination as to what was going on?.. and the victim could be excluded from that knowledge too....
that stuffs just crazy

Good point.
M
Originally Posted by RDW
BS...the dead guy never raised his hands or made any indication the fk'r shooting was a cop.

And to be truthful, if a cop was shooting an un-armed non-threatening guy he deserves to be run over, backwards and forwards...that was cold blooded murder.

I think you missed my point. The guy in the white car had no phuggin idea what was going on to base any kind of decision on other than to get the hell out of there.
From the posted article it says that the two had some kind of social media squabble going on.

I didn't think that it looked like a random shooting. The shooter was intent on shooting the victim and nobody else.
Originally Posted by Bristoe
From the posted article it says that the two had some kind of social media squabble going on.

I didn't think that it looked like a random shooting. The shooter was intent on shooting the victim and nobody else.

He defiantly had his sites set on him.
I'll never understand why somebody will just throw their life away,....as is the case with a lot of the shootings that are going on these days.

There's a lot of young men out there these days that just aren't wired right,....and they seem to have an uncontrollable rage in them.

There's always been violent people. But it just doesn't seem to take too much to set a lot of young men off these days.

It's a different world. I think it's much more different than a lot of us older folks realize.
Originally Posted by tndrbstr
M
Originally Posted by RDW

And to be truthful, if a cop was shooting an un-armed non-threatening guy he deserves to be run over, backwards and forwards...that was cold blooded murder.

I think you missed my point. The guy in the white car had no phuggin idea what was going on to base any kind of decision on other than to get the hell out of there.

I did, I was looking at it from the persective of the driver of the silver truck.
M
I'll never understand why somebody will just throw their life away,....as is the case with a lot of the shootings that are going on these days.

There's a lot of young men out there these days that just aren't wired right,....and they seem to have an uncontrollable rage in them.

There's always been violent people. But it just doesn't seem to take too much to set a lot of young men off these days.

It's a different world. I think it's much more different than a lot of us older folks realize.

I think we live in an instantaneous environment now days. There is no time to step back and take a breather, or lots of folks just never learned how to.
After his arrest, it appears that the defendant underwent a competency evaluation. He was found competent and arraignment is set for next week.

http://www.oscn.net/dockets/GetCase...n&number=CF-2018-625&cmid=403146
Hope out new Governor breaks out Old Sparkey for this one!

NIH.gov.:
More than 2 in 3 adults (70.2 percent) were considered to be overweight or have obesity

Around here there's only a handful of -not fat females- and the competition for them is fierce . I've heard all about it from some young lads I know .
In the minds of the guys being overweight makes them a 'big ole boy' the thinking is different for a 'big ole girl' . No young guy wants a fat girl even if he's overweight ..
So you have a lot of head-butting with millenials and Gen. Z will get worse .
Once the guys who are popular and have money have scooped up the few good looking women the regular joe's walk around empty handed with a chip on their shoulder .

A young guy on a youtube video broke it down very well , he mixed in school shootings/transgender/suicides/living in parents basement types/etc. with this generational problem .
He mentioned a friend from high school he ran into who had just graduated college - guy works out - promising career etc. - with a fat girl . Said he could tell his old friend had to just settle for whatever he could find and the happy go lucky personality his friend had was gone .

It's only getting worse , overweight/obesity has risen 8% in 10 years - no end in sight .
So indeed your words

It's a different world. I think it's much more different than a lot of us older folks realize.[/quote]

are correct .
Originally Posted by ol_mike
. . . . No young guy wants a fat girl even if he's overweight . . . .

Au contraire mon ami . . . I can see you are not from West Texas . . . grin

I've lived south of I-10 for 40 years . . . . . . .... smile

Obama did it. "The Snapping of the American Mind", bears that out rather well.

One thing that I notice is that these young men are not being taught how to control themselves in any way, they were allowed to have temper tantrums with no consequences.

It's a parenting problem mostly.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

That's what I was thinking. Likely too cowardly, fearing he'd turn his gun on him if he didn't immediately incapacitate him.

You would have no real or certain idea why the shooting is taking place, yet you would see fit on the spur of the moment
to determine or alter the outcome by killing someone yourself....LOL.

For all you know it could have been a father who was dealing with someone who molested his young children.

If anything the shooter desperately needed instruction on how to do it with far better efficiency.. .. grin

Seems he didn't want to get too close incase he got recognized before acquiring target-opening fire,, a hired gun could
have got up real close and done the deed with far less fuss....all looked amateur and desperate from the get go.
“There will be some people inconvenienced.”

P
I'm a little surprised John C. couldn't see that this was an amateur hit of passion. It was targeted and very personal. The perp was waiting for one guy and then needed to empty out on him at close range. A pro would not likely have done this in such a messy and uncertain fashion.
© 24hourcampfire