Home
https://www.wthr.com/article/north-carolina-camping-world-facing-fines-hanging-giant-american-flag
Uh-Huh, fugg em!
I don't view this as an attack on freedom, or an attack on patriotism or attack on anything for that matter.
The city ordinance gives the appropriate size for a flag that is flown near the highway, plain and simple they are in violation of that code.
Originally Posted by UncleSoapy
I don't view this as an attack on freedom, or an attack on patriotism or attack on anything for that matter.
The city ordinance gives the appropriate size for a flag that is flown near the highway, plain and simple they are in violation of that code.

Their ceo is a lebanese born leftist democratic muzzie POS that has a bad case of TDS and has pissed off a lot of customers with his Trump trash talk, oh no, we love everyone when we're losing money!
Not to mention he's anti 2nd Amendment.
But I appreciate he's flying our flag. Still, last place I'd buy a camper at.
Looks like a private property issue to me.
Camping World seeks publicity.
I love seeing this flag while driving the interstate. I hope they keep flying it. There’s one that is about as big at a dealership in Salisbury.
F them.

Will never buy any parts, supplies etc from them.

See gunner's post.
My thoughts about Camping World! Far too little......far too late! Fugg’em! They can’t get an American flag large enough to get my support! memtb
We used to have a car dealership along a busy street that always flew a huge flag. I don't think it was that big, though. On a windy day, it would reach over 2 lanes of traffic. This one is 80' long, more than twice the size of an official garrison flag.

Your opinion is way too rational for this forum.
Originally Posted by nighthawk

Your opinion is way too rational for this forum.

+1...….bob
Originally Posted by gunner500

Their ceo is a lebanese born leftist democratic muzzie POS that has a bad case of TDS and has pissed off a lot of customers with his Trump trash talk, oh no, we love everyone when we're losing money!

THIS
Originally Posted by toltecgriz
Not to mention he's anti 2nd Amendment.
But I appreciate he's flying our flag. Still last place I'd buy a camper at.

And THIS
Doesn't appear to be within 100' of the highway?
Originally Posted by stevelyn
Looks like a private property issue to me.

if its nothing else it still comes down to this and I approve of anyone giving the finger to .gov over issues concerning freedom of expression.

useless carpet tops included
Here's another shot of the pole. It's nowhere near being within 100' of the street. However, when the flag is fully extended by the wind, it could be within 100' of the street. Also, they could be counting that sidewalk as part of the street right of way. Either way, the suit appears to be just BS.

[Linked Image]
It’s funny that what they sell are called campers.
Originally Posted by gunner500

Exactly. Screw him and the camel he rode in on! I flushed Camping World when he first started spouting his never trump crap.
Agree,

He's the same anti trump liberal looking for all the publicity he can garner.
Same garbage who now owns Gander
All I can say is that I probably haven't taken my last dump in one their campers on their sales lot.
I've seen the large flags flying at many of their locations and liked it plenty.
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Here's another shot of the pole. It's nowhere near being within 100' of the street. However, when the flag is fully extended by the wind, it could be within 100' of the street. Also, they could be counting that sidewalk as part of the street right of way. Either way, the suit appears to be just BS.

[Linked Image]

Pretty sure that's not the Statesville location. The Statesville Gander RV location is just up I-77 from me and I pass it fairly regularly. I doubt the flag pole is within 100 ft of the Interstate but it well may be within that distance from the right of way. Have to take a closer look next trip by. Gander Outdoors here in town flys one that looks to be about the same size but I doubt Mooresville would sue to take it down anyway. Nice bit of color in a good breeze. Good reminder of what we have others want to take. But the CEO is begging publicity. Just back the pole up to minimum distance and carry on. With a flag that size even another 100 ft won't matter. Or line up 5 or 6 in the same spot but in spec. Dumb fight to pick.
In this case, I am on the side of the POS owner of Camping World. Won’t be buying anything there, but I support flying BIG American flags.

[Linked Image]

That's a garrison flag. The dimensions are 20'x38'.
Posted By: g5m Re: Camping World seeks redemption - 05/23/19
Some elected officials might want to rethink their positions on this issue.
Originally Posted by shootem

[Linked Image]

Pretty sure that's not the Statesville location. The Statesville Gander RV location is just up I-77 from me and I pass it fairly regularly. I doubt the flag pole is within 100 ft of the Interstate but it well may be within that distance from the right of way. Have to take a closer look next trip by. Gander Outdoors here in town flys one that looks to be about the same size but I doubt Mooresville would sue to take it down anyway. Nice bit of color in a good breeze. Good reminder of what we have others want to take. But the CEO is begging publicity. Just back the pole up to minimum distance and carry on. With a flag that size even another 100 ft won't matter. Or line up 5 or 6 in the same spot but in spec. Dumb fight to pick.
That showed up on A Google search as the one. However, here's another one that's captioned as the Gander RV. Because of the camera angle, it's hard to judge how large the flag is.

[Linked Image]
They are on my permanent Sh** list along with Dick's.
Originally Posted by shootem

[Linked Image]

That showed up on A Google search as the one. However, here's another one that's captioned as the Gander RV. Because of the camera angle, it's hard to judge how large the flag is.

[Linked Image]

Yeah that looks more like it. Don't know the dimensions of the flag but it's BIG. And looking at that pic the flag pole has to be way over 100 ft from pavement but I'm not sure about right-of-way. Could be the chain link fence. In that case if ROW is the standard they need to back it up a little. Just don't see a big issue. They're not banning the flag, just keeping big stuff back off the road.
If they measure from the pole, I don't see a problem. However, if they measure from the full extent of the flag, which is 80' long, it could be a problem. That would be 180' from the pole. From looking at this photo, I'd call the whole thing BS. That flag isn't endangering anyone.
Originally Posted by g5m
Some elected officials might want to rethink their positions on this issue.

They are probably getting paid to raise a stink by the Commie owner.
Walmart of campers.

That said...the one by my house does fly a GIANT flag.
© 24hourcampfire