Home
Rock on, brother....

Excellent.
And there are people who claim it never happened. It was predicted upon American discovery of the concentration camps, and surely has come to fruition.
Powerful message.
The Demon has spoken. My life was forever changed the first time I saw a picture of KISS, even before I heard the music. They have caught a lot of flack over the years, some of it deserved. My Methodist minister Grandfather preached on the evils of KISS during their hay day, but even as a 8 year old kid, I knew better. They were a band comprised of a Catholic, a Lutheran and two Jews. "Satan's Service" was not their agenda, but they played that role all the way to the bank. Gene in particular, has always thrived on controversy, again, some of it deserved, but there in no doubt in my mind that his words on the United States of America are straight from his soul, and the blood spitting, fire breathing Demon was a Mama's Boy at heart.
I watched a doc on Gene Simmons and how he came up, along with his relationship with his mother. She showed the tattoo on her wrist. Her work and dedication to raising her son is awe inspiring; especially after what she went through. KISS music never appealed to me with the Kabuki theater make-up and the seemingly same 3 chords, but Gene Simmons and his mother have my respect.
I love Gene Simmons but his music sucked!
Not to spoil it, but again, another celebrity whom we think matters.
Why do we listen to Gene and Ted but ignore or bash other celebrities?

Is it the message or the messenger?
Originally Posted by Hancock27

What do you think?
I wish my tongue was as long as his!

đź‘…
Kiss was an absolutely awful band.
I really like that guy. Years ago I never thought I would say that.

Because Gene and Ted aren't a total idiots like most celebs.
Originally Posted by deflave

Quite the opposite. KISS saved me, changed my life. First thing I ever heard that wasn't Lawrence Welk (geezer funeral dirges) or Hee Haw (slap stick lame ass excuse for country) ... that first unplanned meeting with KISS on the 8-track was a turning point of epic proportions for me. Never cared for the makeup 'til I saw them without it, then I was happy to have it back.

Tom
Originally Posted by T_O_M

Quite the opposite. KISS saved me, changed my life. First thing I ever heard that wasn't Lawrence Welk (geezer funeral dirges) or Hee Haw (slap stick lame ass excuse for country) ... that first unplanned meeting with KISS on the 8-track was a turning point of epic proportions for me. Never cared for the makeup 'til I saw them without it, then I was happy to have it back.

Tom

That's great but I grew up around a lot better music than fugking KISS.

They sucked.

Bingo....
Was there better, of course but "sucked" they didn't !

Originally Posted by reivertom
I really like that guy. Years ago I never thought I would say that.

Roger that.

What a mom he had. She understood what America was for many of us.

America!
jimy,

I had actually never listened to that one before.

My God did it fugking suck.

Thanks for nothing.

Lesson?
If you're going to be a stupid azzhole, expect to be skewered.
If you speak with intelligence and morality, you'll get praise from good people and scorn from bad.

Exactly. We have another has-been celebrity who's tested the political winds and comes out on the side of what he thinks will get him the most publicity. I don't care for the views of any famous person. If this was really important to him, he would have spoken up when Kiss was one of the bands and he had a large audience. Now he's just trying to stay relevant. Shut up and play the music.
Watch the Netflix “Chefs Table” documentary about Chef Christina Martinez.

Does she deserve the same accolades?

I’d say so.
I've always been under the impression that Gene is obsessed with making money and marketing his "brand".
Simmons appreciates his country and what he has been able to do in it. He also appreciates his fans, as he knows without them he has nothing. It's pretty clear his message is to be thankful. Celebrity or not, it rings true.
"I Was Made For Lovin' You" is a pretty good little number. Otherwise Kiss leaves me flat.
jimy,

Thanks for nothing.

Holy Schmoly eek

That was a smarmy one for sure. Haven't heard it in years, couldn't finish it, hopefully don't hear it again for a years.

Ranks right up there with David Cassidy and Neal Diamond pop "music" .

Geno
jimy,

Thanks for nothing.

Hey it really was nothing,
But for those of us that enjoy sack time with the opposite sex, in my case females, that song was played on the juke box more times after midnight than any other song that I can remember,
Originally Posted by jimy
jimy,

Thanks for nothing.

Hey it really was nothing,
But for those of us that enjoy sack time with the opposite sex, in my case females, that song was played on the juke box more times after midnight than any other song that I can remember,

So you have an affinity for songs that women adore?

Try Bette Midler.
ONLY song I think is good is God of thunder. Costumes and makeup was just plain ridiculous from the get go. And YES, the rest of their stuff still sucks.
The costumes and makeup were brilliant.

They never aged!
Originally Posted by reivertom

Because Gene and Ted aren't a total idiots like most celebs.

Read what Ted did to avoid the draft. When his country called he ate dog crap.

Sylvester Stallone left the country - coached girls soccer in Europe somewhere.
I don’t know about Nugent but Stallone never dodged the draft. He just wasn’t drafted.

Big difference.
He wasn't drafted because he was living in another country - switzerland maybe, coaching girls's soccer.

Nugent poisoned himself and refused to eat or bathe and messed with his health to avoid being drafted.

I'm not judging, it's ironic that certain celebrities are so Pro-American and others are labeled Anti-American yet their past actions speak volumes,

I personally don't care what any athlete or celebrity says - and I live in Georgia where the film industry is large and wants to boycott us over the heartbeat bill - but not NC over gender bathrooms, or states for removing Confederate Monuments..
© 24hourcampfire