Home
Anyone else here watched it at least 100 times??? Number 1 on my top ten list.
Good movie, they were good together!
The Inlaws, Peter Faulk.

Hopscotch Walter Matthau
No interest in watching those two commie fuggs
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

Newman too?
If an actor is pretty good, I'll tend to overlook political leanings to some extent. Redford and Newman are good examples of this. I always liked Tom Hanks and to some extent, Denaro, but after 2016 both are off my list.
I despise Jim Carey and a few others for their political stances.
The Sting is one of my favorites, but then I'm kind of a movie buff and I got a lot of favorites.
Cool Hand Luke was on last night, and that's another I've seen dozens of times.
Truly great movies just never get old.
7mm
Great movie! The Sting doesn't top my list but its gotta be in my top 10 or 20 of all time. Let's not forget Robert Shaw's contribution. He, too, was a very talented actor.
Originally Posted by inland44
Probably at least 50 times... It's outstanding..
Always thought the twist with the hit woman that bedded Redford was strange.
I don't care if an actor is liberal until he quits acting and tries to play politician. They have the false idea that being in front of a camera qualifies them as smart.

Movies are not a source of history or news, they are nothing more than entertainment. If you don’t watch movies because of liberal actors, you better not eat at any restaurant in Seattle and most restaurants on either coast, because you are being served by and your food is prepared by nothing but liberals and homosexuals...
watch it a couple of times movie was to me just ok,i like Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid better. i am more of a John Wayne cowboy movie lover, Lonesome Dove to me might have been the best western movie ever made so far Tommy Lee Jones and Robert Duvall were excellent in that movie.
Seen it a couple of times. Liked it both times. Might be time to watch it again.
I always thought this movie sucked.
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

How about?

Robert Shaw as Doyle Lonnegan
Robert Earl Jones as Luther Coleman
Charles Durning as Lt. William Snyder, Joliet P.D.
Ray Walston as J.J. Singleton
Eileen Brennan as Billie
Harold Gould as Kid Twist
John Heffernan as Eddie Niles
Dana Elcar as FBI Agent Polk, aka "Hickey"
Jack Kehoe as Erie Kid
Dimitra Arliss as Loretta Salino
James J. Sloyan as Mottola
Charles Dierkop as Floyd (Lonnegan's bodyguard)
Lee Paul as Lonnegan's bodyguard
Sally Kirkland as Crystal ("Hooker's hooker")
Avon Long as Benny Garfield
Arch Johnson as Combs
Ed Bakey as Granger
Brad Sullivan as Cole
John Quade as Riley
Larry D. Mann as Train Conductor
Leonard Barr as Burlesque House Comedian
Paulene Myers as Alva Coleman
Joe Tornatore as Black Gloved Gunman
Jack Collins as Duke Boudreau
Tom Spratley as Curly Jackson
Kenneth O'Brien as Greer
Ken Sansom as Western Union Executive
Ta-Tanisha as Louise Coleman
William "Billy" Benedict as Roulette Dealer

How about appreciating the work of the several hundred others that put effort into creating a great story that was filmed well? I'm just trying to figure out how to track all the hate and disdain people have. Not especially picking on you Sam, just wondering how people draw lines. Some amazing talent in this film. I'm shocked that no one has tried to remake it (and actually glad).
If a restaurant advertised its leftest standings while deriding conservatives, I wouldn't ever go. I don't need to eat there nor say my belly takes precedence over enriching those who are intolerant.

The same goes for actors or actresses.
Originally Posted by tomk
If a restaurant advertised its leftest standings while deriding conservatives, I wouldn't ever go. I don't need to eat there nor say my belly takes precedence over enriching those who are intolerant.

The same goes for actors or actresses.

When is the last time you attended a gay rally or any other deviant assembly of losers in Seattle or any other liberal cesspool? Those people preparing your food, fixing your car and performing many other services for you are those pathetic liberal pukes that hate everything you like, you just don’t recognize them because they aren’t on a big screen. Just because you don’t recognize them doesn’t mean they aren’t there...
That is exactly my point. I can tolerate people who don't condemn me because of my views. When they become intolerant and use their livelihood to promote bashing me, it is a whole different level of aggressive behavior.
When we ran a fab plant, I had no issue hiring a young man who was openly gay. I had one condition. No evangelism. We all respect each other as the goal was producing a quality product for the customer while making a living, not promotion of self-ideals.

Our product went out to white table cloth down to burger joints. I had young drivers and they fit right in with the young cooks and waitresses and I got plenty of feedback. If you think for one moment that you can walk into a restaurant with an owner and staff who openly promote intolerance wearing your magna hat while thinking they won't spit on your food, I assure you that is very unlikely.

Originally Posted by tomk
When we ran a fab plant, I had no issue hiring a young man who was openly gay. I had one condition. No evangelism. We all respect each other as the goal was producing a quality product for the customer while making a living, not promotion of self-ideals

While you pat each other on the back, congratulate each other on a job well done and cash checks for your combined efforts in Capitalism, he votes and lives a lifestyle that is ruining America. This misplaced tolerance of an unacceptable lifestyle is what is wrong. Anyone that says “what he does in his own home is none of my business” is sorely mistaken, as he is actively tearing down what millions of Americans spent hundreds of years to build...
So, instead of a movie with an interesting plot and a sound track based on classic American rag time music, "The Sting" is actually a secret plot to promote communism and homosexuality in America!?

Damn.
Originally Posted by inland44

My all time fave as well, have a copy. I smile just thinking about the poker game.
Shrap: no one was patting each other on the back and capitalism is our system. You are getting a bit mixed up. I don't see you giving away Swaro scopes, you capitalist pig.

Tolerating an individual is one thing while promoting the intolerance or punishment of traditional conservative views via business or through the leverage of being a celebrity is quite another. That was the subject matter of my posts and as I already said, a whole different level of aggression.

Check out Sneaky Pete. A con man deluxe!
Originally Posted by shrapnel

Movies are not a source of history or news, they are nothing more than entertainment. If you don’t watch movies because of liberal actors, you better not eat at any restaurant in Seattle and most restaurants on either coast, because you are being served by and your food is prepared by nothing but liberals and homosexuals...

Do as you will. I don’t support my enemies.
I once googled Hasbro's political contributions and haven't played Monopoly since.
Shrapne - " ... you better not eat at any restaurant in Seattle and most restaurants on either coast, because you are being served by and your food is prepared by nothing but liberals and homosexuals.."l

And if they know you are not a good far left wing Democrat liberal, they pee in your clam chowder. grin

L.W.
© 24hourcampfire