Home
Posted By: stxhunter Afib - 05/23/19
has hit me twice in the last week and half. yesterday lasted 8 hrs bp 92/70 pulse 145.
Posted By: Batchief909 Re: Afib - 05/23/19
Hit me in February. They had to cardio-vert me to get it back to normal. My resting pulse rate was 150. Get checked out, Roger....nothing to play with.
Posted By: VernAK Re: Afib - 05/23/19
The Cardio-Vert never worked for me even with several attempts assisted by meds.

Eight years ago I had an ablation and it worked like magic......after sixty days those stray
impulses subsided and I've never experienced rhythm abnormalities since. Life went back to normal.
Posted By: RiverRider Re: Afib - 05/23/19
I'm not one who will willingly go to a doctor and use prescription meds, but I think that needs immediate attention. I'd go!
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Afib - 05/23/19
Originally Posted by RiverRider
I'm not one who will willingly go to a doctor and use prescription meds, but I think that needs immediate attention. I'd go!

already on bp meds. i'm going to go get it checked out.
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: Afib - 05/23/19
Go see doctor ASAP!
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Afib - 05/23/19
You need to be referred to a good cardiologist, Roger.

PDQ.

Keep us posted, Amigo.
Posted By: reivertom Re: Afib - 05/23/19
Don't mess around....see a doctor now. A-fib can cause strokes and is no game. If you aren't on any blood thinners, start taking low dose aspirin every day until you see a doctor. I had bouts years ago and had to cut down on caffeine from pop, tea, and chocolate. I haven't had problems since. I don't eat or drink anything with caffeine after 1 or 2 o'clock most of the time and I sleep better also.
Posted By: BigPine Re: Afib - 05/23/19
Do not ignore it. My Dad had a couple rounds with it and ended up passing out and went cold on a cement floor in a Home improvement store. He was gone for aprox 3 minutes until they brought him back. They put a defib/pacemaker in and He's been fine for 9 years . The Doc who treated him was still panicked when i got there in 40 minutes...from about 70 miles away.
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Afib - 05/23/19
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
You need to be referred to a good cardiologist, Roger.

PDQ.

Keep us posted, Amigo.

And no more whiskey.
Posted By: hasbeen1945 Re: Afib - 05/23/19
Had a bout a couple of years ago. IV’s would not bring down my heart rate. Had to stop it and restart it with The paddles. Been good ever sense. Put me on Eliquis to prevent clots from forming in heart chambers. Hasbeen
Posted By: Tom264 Re: Afib - 05/23/19
You need to quick wacking off too.
Posted By: hunter4623 Re: Afib - 05/23/19
Snippy might’ve given you something when he was biting your ears at 2 am 😬
Here’s wishing for a speedy recovery.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Afib - 05/23/19
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Originally Posted by RiverRider

already on bp meds. i'm going to go get it checked out.

Good for you Rog.

If I would have tried to tough it out and keep going last January I probably wouldn't be here today.

Besides you have a new son to raise............

Good Luck.
Posted By: tzone Re: Afib - 05/23/19
Get it checked out before you stroke out.

My mom suffers from it. She's had a bunch of treatments. All of which have only helped on temp basis.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Afib - 05/23/19
Originally Posted by Tom264
You need to quick wacking off too.

He's as good as dead if that's the case! laugh

Quit screwing around and go get checked out Roger.
Posted By: rost495 Re: Afib - 05/23/19
You can live with it, but the sooner they try to get you back in normal, the better the chances. Mom has fought it for a year. No luck on anything holding and they don't want to try an ablation for some reason.

So she lives with it. MANY people do, but its not great and while you can deal with it, getting rid of it would be much better.
Posted By: rosco1 Re: Afib - 05/23/19
My dad has been living with it for 20 years. Treatments from meds to actually burning nodes on the heart in multiple surgeries.

They meds they gave him 10 yeas ago left him nearly blind. He now has a pacemaker of some sort designed for afib. It seems to do a better job than all the other experiments they tried on him.

Bad deal because he’s always kept himself fit and active. Good luck with it but be wary of the meds they put you on.
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Afib - 05/23/19
You are going to drop dead Roger. Get thyself to a cardiologist.

I take meds and have an ICD for that very reason.
Posted By: bufaf Re: Afib - 05/23/19
Since July of last year I've had 4 cardioversions and in February I had pulmonary vein isolation ablation. The ablation has been holding it in check so far. Hope it continues. Went from taking 0 medicines to 12 a day. Down to 7 pills a day at the moment. Fun stuff...

Get it taken care of, it will kill you.
Posted By: BOWHUNR Re: Afib - 05/23/19
More dangerous than the abnormal heart rhythm are the clots that are potentially forming in your heart chamber. Get in sooner than later!!
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: Afib - 05/23/19
AFIB put my mother in the hereafter, mostly because she didn't want to be bothered by docs. It led to multiple strokes. End of story.
Posted By: bufaf Re: Afib - 05/23/19
My doctor said that AFIB itself is not really dangerous. What kills you is the blood in your heart that doesn't get fully pumped out can form clots. Those clots can eventually get pumped out and go to your brain causing a stroke.

Every time they've done a cardioversion on me, they do a transesophogeal echocardiogram to make sure there are no clots hiding out in my heart. Very unpleasant experience. Camera on a tube down your throat and they want you to be awake and swallow the tube before they put you to sleep.
Posted By: GeoW Re: Afib - 05/23/19
Better safe than sorry. It can be fixed!
Take care Rog.

g
Posted By: 340boy Re: Afib - 05/23/19
Take care, stx. Let us know how you are doing?
Posted By: usull Re: Afib - 05/23/19
Good Advice so far : Go see a Cardiologist ASAP or if feeling bad , go to an ER . As previously suggested , take the Aspirin ASAP . You will probably be put on a Blood Thinner eventually . If you are in AFIB , the normal BP/ Pulse Meters do not work but there are special Meters designed for AFib . Sometimes , the normal Meters show a very high Pulse . The better way to check your Pulse is the finger on the Wrist Method and time it for a Minute . This is not exact , but will be close and you can actually feel the irregular Heatbeat . Good Luck !
© 24hourcampfire