Home
Posted By: Beansnbacon33 Toothache. - 05/23/19
Good God almighty its hurting today. Started feeling some irritation a few days ago, but nothing really bad. Woke up this morning with some swelling and a pain that's driving me nuts. Can't get to the dentist till tomorrow. I dug through all the leftover hard xmas candies and pulled out all of the clove flavored ones. I've already eaten around 7 ibuprofen. No whiskey just clove candy which is helping a little sort off. Any ideas besides cutting my head off on the bandsaw?
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: Toothache. - 05/23/19
Might try 3-4 Motrin. That stopped the pain until I could see a dentist.
Posted By: ol_mike Re: Toothache. - 05/23/19
Call Pharmacy .
Posted By: ironbender Re: Toothache. - 05/23/19
Get clove oil. Leave the candy alone.
Posted By: Morewood Re: Toothache. - 05/23/19
All you need is a rock and an ice skate.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Toothache. - 05/23/19
Originally Posted by Morewood

LOL
Posted By: joken2 Re: Toothache. - 05/23/19

http://www.orajel.com/en/Toothache-Pain-Relief
Posted By: Beansnbacon33 Re: Toothache. - 05/23/19
Old lady had clove oil in her medicine/herb box. Rubbed it on and numb. Just kinda masks the hurt but its helping thanks. It's the roots down in the gum so this and bc powder till I go tomorrow
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Toothache. - 05/23/19
haven't had one in over 20 yrs, not fun.
Posted By: mjbgalt Re: Toothache. - 05/23/19
Yep clove oil is the best. Just tastes awful
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Toothache. - 05/23/19
I feel for ya brother.

The oragel is best.

No more sugar. Sugar aggravates a toothache.
Posted By: mathman Re: Toothache. - 05/23/19
Swelling and pain down in the roots: sounds like an abscess with accumulating pus pressuring the nerves. Root canal time!
Originally Posted by stxhunter
haven't had one in over 20 yrs, not fun.

Killing me man. [bleep] mood and check the fire here and there just to find that little bitch karl still at it.
Posted By: Magnum_Bob Re: Toothache. - 05/23/19
You have an infected root canal, the dentist can fix it for only $1200-1500 ,then he is going to bend you over again and tell you that it needs to be crowned for another $1000. It still going to hurt your jaw and bank acct.. Last time you had a check up were you wearing a t shirt that said "F**k Me now" and so it is.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Toothache. - 05/23/19
Take a butter knife handle and thump the side of that tooth, lemme know what it does
Posted By: T_O_M Re: Toothache. - 05/23/19
Originally Posted by Beansnbacon33
Good God almighty its hurting today. Started feeling some irritation a few days ago, but nothing really bad. Woke up this morning with some swelling and a pain that's driving me nuts. Can't get to the dentist till tomorrow. I dug through all the leftover hard xmas candies and pulled out all of the clove flavored ones. I've already eaten around 7 ibuprofen. No whiskey just clove candy which is helping a little sort off. Any ideas besides cutting my head off on the bandsaw?

Cocktail time. Take 500 mg of acetaminophen (Tylenol) and 600 mg of ibuprofen (Advil) together. Do not take this more than 3x per day w/o talking to your doc. You can't safely exceed this amount of either one, but since one is metabolized by the liver, one by the kidneys, you can take them together and gain effectiveness. No alcohol with this.

Tom
Originally Posted by slumlord
Take a butter knife handle and thump the side of that tooth, lemme know what it does

Ha! Yeah okay pal. Should I heat up a glowing red ice pick with my torch and stab it at the same time??! Schmit hurts..

Ha! Yeah okay pal. Should I heat up a glowing red ice pick with my torch and stab it at the same time??! Schmit hurts..

I'd go call the dentist and have him pull the damn thing... wink

Might charge you for an emergency visit, but anything beats spending the night like that.
Just got off the phone with mama. She's bringing me a couple of vicodin tonight. Won't be home till around 10, so keep on keeping on till then. Dr tomorrow. Just put the monster munchkin down for her nap so not going anywhere .
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Toothache. - 05/23/19
one time (23yrs old) i thought i had a bad toothache went to apple dental center they wanted 50 bucks to pull it. only had a little more than that on me, so i passed. the next day i hacked coughed up a bunch of nasty green bloody snoot out of my sinus and the pain went away. f=uckers were going to pull a perfectly good tooth.
Posted By: Cheesy Re: Toothache. - 05/23/19
Originally Posted by T_O_M

Cocktail time. Take 500 mg of acetaminophen (Tylenol) and 600 mg of ibuprofen (Advil) together. Do not take this more than 3x per day w/o talking to your doc. You can't safely exceed this amount of either one, but since one is metabolized by the liver, one by the kidneys, you can take them together and gain effectiveness. No alcohol with this.

Tom

Similar to my dentists cocktail. I’ll have to get home and post exact amounts.

You need antibiotics to kill the infection.

Keeping ice water continually refreshed in the gum helped me I’ve time. Dentist the next day said the ice water reduced the swelling which in turn relieves pressure on the nerve.
Posted By: Gringo Loco Re: Toothache. - 05/23/19
Hard to know precisely what your situation is, but if it were an abscess with pus causing the pressure, you might be able to reduce that pressure if you could squeeze some out. Maybe try flossing deep to see if you can rupture or puncture the abscess. Just a shot in the dark. It might be too deep and inaccessible. And the pain might be too great to try. Only you can decide. Orajel as previously suggested is also pretty effective.
Just got off the phone with mama. She's bringing me a couple of vicodin tonight. Won't be home till around 10, so keep on keeping on till then. Dr tomorrow. Just put the monster munchkin down for her nap so not going anywhere .

Hope it works for you.

I never had any pain med ever put a dent in a bad toothache.
Posted By: oldtrapper Re: Toothache. - 05/23/19
There's some pretty good advice here, just not much of it appropriate for you. Cloves do bring relief for a vital pulp which you almost certainly don't have. Candy can aggravate a vital pulp, which you don't have, but hey you could start on a new cavity and then cloves might help. Be careful of overtaking OTC drugs as they can kill you in high doses. Had a family member die of liver failure from taking tylenol like M&Ms. If you get a fever, more swelling or redness, go to the ER. Things like this have been known to kill folks. Retrograde brain infections and mediastinal infections via fascial planes and spaces. Remember the ER is a possibility. Godspeed.
Thanks
Posted By: Cheesy Re: Toothache. - 05/23/19
My dentists cocktail they told my wife to have me take prior to seeing them the next day.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Swifty52 Re: Toothache. - 05/23/19
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Hope it works for you.

Agree.
Posted By: renegade50 Re: Toothache. - 05/23/19
Btdt

Only cure is have the mutha fugger yanked.
If it is erupting outta socket and you can feel a big old bump in the gum line around it

Pop that mutha fugga swollen bump by pressing on it with your finger as hard as you can and as fast as you can.
You better get it the 1st or 2nd try
Cause if ya think it hurts now and it dont pop and drain
You pain will be exquisite....
Legendary ...
Unforgetable.....
Posted By: hatari Re: Toothache. - 05/23/19
Listen to OT

He is a dentist after allπŸ‘

Originally Posted by oldtrapper
There's some pretty good advice here, just not much of it appropriate for you. Cloves do bring relief for a vital pulp which you almost certainly don't have. Candy can aggravate a vital pulp, which you don't have, but hey you could start on a new cavity and then cloves might help. Be careful of overtaking OTC drugs as they can kill you in high doses. Had a family member die of liver failure from taking tylenol like M&Ms. If you get a fever, more swelling or redness, go to the ER. Things like this have been known to kill folks. Retrograde brain infections and mediastinal infections via fascial planes and spaces. Remember the ER is a possibility. Godspeed.
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Toothache. - 05/23/19
Originally Posted by Morewood

Dentist hunting bud told us about one of his patients pulled several of her teeth with a pair of catfish skinners and a bottle of Jack Black. Cedar chopper chick from up Llano county.
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Toothache. - 05/23/19
Originally Posted by Swifty52
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Hope it works for you.

Agree.

I have!!! Dunno what hell it was but got it from sis in law. In didn’t give a schidt about anything!! Man it was some good stuff!!! And I was hurtin’ baaaaaad!
Posted By: Swifty52 Re: Toothache. - 05/23/19
Originally Posted by renegade50
Btdt

If it is erupting outta socket and you can feel a big old bump in the gum line around it

Pop that mutha fugga swollen bump by pressing on it with your finger as hard as you can and as fast as you can.
Legendary ...
Unforgetable.....

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Just went through this sh*t.
Posted By: oldtrapper Re: Toothache. - 05/24/19
Btdt

Legendary ...
Unforgetable.....

Did Mel Brooks write this for ya?
Posted By: Kyhilljack Re: Toothache. - 05/24/19
My uncle had a good remedy for that . He said to pour and rub some kerosene on your legs.
Then light it off.
Said it worked wonders with chiggers too.
Posted By: oldtrapper Re: Toothache. - 05/24/19
Originally Posted by Kyhilljack
My uncle had a good remedy for that . He said to pour and rub some kerosene on your legs.
Then light it off.
Said it worked wonders with chiggers too.

Almost made me pee my pants. ;-{>8
Posted By: slumlord Re: Toothache. - 05/24/19

If you was my hometown bud, I'd hook you up with some gooooooood pain pills.

Ask renegade, I let him ride Space Mountain last couple of rotten teeth he had.

πŸ˜„πŸ˜„
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Toothache. - 05/24/19
Toothaches sound unpleasant.
Posted By: renegade50 Re: Toothache. - 05/24/19

πŸ˜„πŸ˜„

Yep.
Got me thru 2 of em till I could get em yanked.
Have lost 4 molars and one lower front to periodontal disease since 2010.
Got a denture tooth for the front one when I need to be presentable
And not look like a jackolantern.
It ain't fun when one erupts ......
Draining it is the only relief till ya can get into the dentist.
It takes some desperation to drain one for pain relief.
Last one pulled was about 3 week ago.
Thing about slumlords pharmacy is the stuff kills pain.
But I sleep about 2 hrs ,wake and toss and turn.
And they make me feel mean as fugg also.
Been losing a tooth about every 2 yrs.
Thing that kills me about it is I am a brushing and flossing nazi at least twice a day since I was a kid.

Posted By: Beansnbacon33 Re: Toothache. - 05/24/19

πŸ˜„πŸ˜„

Yep.
Got me thru 2 of em till I could get em yanked.
Have lost 4 molars and one lower front to periodontal disease since 2010.
Got a denture tooth for the front one when I need to be presentable
And not look like a jackolantern.
It ain't fun when one erupts ......
Draining it is the only relief till ya can get into the dentist.
It takes some desperation to drain one for pain relief.
Last one pulled was about 3 week ago.
Thing about slumlords pharmacy is the stuff kills pain.
But I sleep about 2 hrs ,wake and toss and turn.
And they make me feel mean as fugg also.
Been losing a tooth about every 2 yrs.
Thing that kills me about it is I am a brushing and flossing nazi at least twice a day since I was a kid.

Yes sir mamas bringing me a couple of something better than aspirin. As long as I can sleep alright and get to the dentist in the morning I'll be alright.
© 24hourcampfire