Home
"Death Ridge" is proof of man-made climate change and global warming accordng to USA Today

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...death-ridge-scorch-southeast/1208562001/

Forget the 'Polar Vortex.' Here comes the 'Death Ridge' and record heat for the Southeast

Doyle Rice, USA TODAY Published 3:49 p.m. ET May 23, 2019 | Updated 12:04 p.m. ET May 24, 2019

[Linked Image]

A blistering, dangerous heat wave, which one expert calls a "death ridge," is poised to scorch the southeastern U.S. over the Memorial Day weekend.

While the central U.S. deals with floods and storms, some all-time record high temperatures for May could be shattered as highs rocket into the upper 90s to low 100s all the way from Alabama to Virginia.

"In what has been a warmer-than-normal May to date across the Southeast, temperatures will take a notable turn upwards through the end of the week and into Memorial Day weekend," AccuWeather meteorologist Max Vido said.

A few of the records that could be broken date back to the 1800s.

"Most high temperature records across the region stand in the 90s, so these cities are expected to consistently challenge records during the heat wave," Vido said.

In Charleston, South Carolina, the National Weather Service called it "prolonged and dangerous heat wave."

Weather.us meteorologist Ryan Maue referred to the heat as a "death ridge" that will bring calm winds and bone-dry conditions, in addition to the extreme heat. (A "ridge" is an area of high atmospheric pressure, one that prevents clouds and rain from forming.)

No cooling showers are expected, either: "The chance for precipitation will remain virtually nil," the weather service in Atlanta said.

The duration of the heat wave could make it "life-threatening," Weather.com meteorologist Jonathan Erdman said. "Minimize your time outdoors during the hottest times of day, typically from late morning through late afternoon. Drink plenty of liquids and wear light, loose-fitting clothing if you must be outside for longer periods of time," he advised.

Unfortunately, the unusual heat is predicted to continue baking the Southeast well into early June, according to the latest forecast from the Climate Prediction Center.
No No No - Per AOC it's that DC had a tornado watch. Watch, not warning. Like that's never happened before. And of course it never gets sweltering in the South. Try training at Ft. Benning in the summer, cool as a cucumber.
Oh NO!!! Heat is the Southeast? They may have to get air conditioning...
It seems to be obvious, bit if they are breaking 100-year old heat records it means it was that hot 100 years ago... Just sayin'...
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy
It seems to be obvious, bit if they are breaking 100-year old heat records it means it was that hot 100 years ago... Just sayin'...

+1 . . . but people with mental disorders, who are spewing this garbage, can't comprehend.
It is called weather and it is no proof whatever of EITHER climate change OR human-caused effects on climate.
Originally Posted by nighthawk
No No No - Per AOC it's that DC had a tornado watch. Watch, not warning. Like that's never happened before. And of course it never gets sweltering in the South. Try training at Ft. Benning in the summer, cool as a cucumber

Or Fort Gordon, Georgia. wink

L.W.
It is 96 degrees and no wind in Eastern NC and no rain in sight. Corn rolled up and in places brown. Canals that I have never seen dry are dust dry. We need a afternoon boomer.
pity
1994 me thinks it was I went to Camp Perry to shoot the long range matches. When I left North Louisiana it was 104F with 80% humidity! Having flown 900 hours that summer in an 'open cockpit Ag-Cat' with a 600 HP P&W radial engine emitting a good bit of heat, needless to say I got a good laugh when I walked out on the ranges upon my arrival at Perry as the loud speakers were blaring TAKE YOUR SALT TABLETS! TAKE YOUR SALT TABLETS! It was a COOL 80F degrees with about 40% humidity and there was a cool breeze blowing onto the range off of Lake Erie! Damn Yankees just couldn't take it as the dispensary filled up that afternoon with folks suffering from heat exhaustion!
And the proof that it is Man-made through CO2 emissions is found where?
Pipe some of that heat to Wyoming.

44 degrees here.
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
No No No - Per AOC it's that DC had a tornado watch. Watch, not warning. Like that's never happened before. And of course it never gets sweltering in the South. Try training at Ft. Benning in the summer, cool as a cucumber

L.W.

Both suck in the summer, so might as well throw in Ft. Stewart
More climate change lies. Since when does it not get hot in the SE USA?
90 here now, wind blowing from the south. It’s drying up fast here. It will be 85 plus with no wind very soon.
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
"Death Ridge" is proof of man-made climate change and global warming accordng to USA Today

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...death-ridge-scorch-southeast/1208562001/

Forget the 'Polar Vortex.' Here comes the 'Death Ridge' and record heat for the Southeast

Doyle Rice, USA TODAY Published 3:49 p.m. ET May 23, 2019 | Updated 12:04 p.m. ET May 24, 2019

[Linked Image]

A blistering, dangerous heat wave, which one expert calls a "death ridge," is poised to scorch the southeastern U.S. over the Memorial Day weekend.

While the central U.S. deals with floods and storms, some all-time record high temperatures for May could be shattered as highs rocket into the upper 90s to low 100s all the way from Alabama to Virginia.

"In what has been a warmer-than-normal May to date across the Southeast, temperatures will take a notable turn upwards through the end of the week and into Memorial Day weekend," AccuWeather meteorologist Max Vido said.

A few of the records that could be broken date back to the 1800s.

"Most high temperature records across the region stand in the 90s, so these cities are expected to consistently challenge records during the heat wave," Vido said.

In Charleston, South Carolina, the National Weather Service called it "prolonged and dangerous heat wave."

Weather.us meteorologist Ryan Maue referred to the heat as a "death ridge" that will bring calm winds and bone-dry conditions, in addition to the extreme heat. (A "ridge" is an area of high atmospheric pressure, one that prevents clouds and rain from forming.)

No cooling showers are expected, either: "The chance for precipitation will remain virtually nil," the weather service in Atlanta said.

The duration of the heat wave could make it "life-threatening," Weather.com meteorologist Jonathan Erdman said. "Minimize your time outdoors during the hottest times of day, typically from late morning through late afternoon. Drink plenty of liquids and wear light, loose-fitting clothing if you must be outside for longer periods of time," he advised.

Unfortunately, the unusual heat is predicted to continue baking the Southeast well into early June, according to the latest forecast from the Climate Prediction Center.

Really, I would have thought it was proof summer is on it's way...I must be slow today.

+1 . . . but people with mental disorders, who are spewing this garbage, can't comprehend.

+100

The day I graduated from HS in May 1978 the temp was 103. Nothing new. Just more tree hugger fake science Bullschitt.
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

+100

The day I graduated from HS in May 1978 the temp was 103. Nothing new. Just more tree hugger fake science Bullschitt.

Actually no...it is now a religion.

Seriously, do you think I am kidding?

Have a look at the mad fervour they present, if that is not religious frenzy I don't know what is.
And we have experienced 3 different snow storms in the last week.

Changes almost daily here.
Like most of your all's BS, article doesn't mention climate change (man made or any other). Just OP's more attempts to drum up hits on his BS.

Phil
It has been so cool and wet in west central WI the flowers are just starting to bloom. The ground has been so cold nothing is progressing in a normal manner.

The flowering crab trees just into full bloom yesterday. The reg. apple trees just starting. I would guess about a week to 10 days late.

L.W.

Or Camp LeJeune....and don't even think about Fort Jackson... It's hot there in January
Originally Posted by WYcoyote
Pipe some of that heat to Wyoming.

44 degrees here.

Warming nicely here too! grin memtb
Originally Posted by Greyghost
Like most of your all's BS, article doesn't mention climate change (man made or any other). Just OP's more attempts to drum up hits on his BS.

Phil

It's all the hype about the terrible extreme weather, climate change not withstanding. Like the swarm of tornadoss in north Texas. You'd think it was end-times from what CNN reported. About 1970 I was in high school, and being an aviation nut, when watches severe enough to scramble aircraft from Perrin AFB I'd find my way to base ops and watch the systems roll in on the weather radar. More than once I'd watch a hook echo move directly overhead and go out to the ramp and watch the funnel cloud directly overhead. Wasn't an unusual event, funnels seldom touched down and when they did seldom hit anything except maybe a pole barn or a couple bins. And I'd be willing to bet most of that was straight line wind. Nowadays three cows fart at the same time and it's a headline story
Originally Posted by fuzzytail
It is 96 degrees and no wind in Eastern NC and no rain in sight. Corn rolled up and in places brown. Canals that I have never seen dry are dust dry. We need a afternoon boomer.

Yeah, it's "abnormally dry" this year, but the US overall has come out of a long drought:

https://droughtmonitor.unl.edu/
A drought here but not long. Typical more or less 11 year cycle.
Ya gotta love it..........."Death Ridge!!!!"

I always thought it was called a "Bermuda High". No major breaking news here, it happens every Summer.
Actually, we could use a longer stretch of some dry weather. The freaking rain for the past year is killing business.
Originally Posted by Greyghost

Phil

It's all the hype about the terrible extreme weather, climate change not withstanding. Like the swarm of tornadoss in north Texas. You'd think it was end-times from what CNN reported. About 1970 I was in high school, and being an aviation nut, when watches severe enough to scramble aircraft from Perrin AFB I'd find my way to base ops and watch the systems roll in on the weather radar. More than once I'd watch a hook echo move directly overhead and go out to the ramp and watch the funnel cloud directly overhead. Wasn't an unusual event, funnels seldom touched down and when they did seldom hit anything except maybe a pole barn or a couple bins. And I'd be willing to bet most of that was straight line wind. Nowadays three cows fart at the same time and it's a headline story

Awww, come on nighthawk...there's no connotation behind the innocuous reference to a weather pattern as a "Death Ridge."

*snork*
Originally Posted by hatari

L.W.

Both suck in the summer, so might as well throw in Ft. Stewart

Been to Ft. Polk in the summer?

DF

Or Fort Gordon, Georgia. ;)L.W.

or Quantico VA - Semper Fi
Wish about ten of those degrees would be dropped on the Pacific Northwest and upper Plains. It's been icky. Yesterday was the first time it felt like late spring.
I just wish my okra would grow faster!!!

Im getting kinda tired of yeller squash and green beans.

But I ain’t complaining!

😉
chiiiit come to south texas....
So some local experts were chewing the fat in the Hope Alaska cafe some years ago, arguing whether the winter was warmer, colder, or whatever, than”normal”.

The old boy sitting off in the corner finally chimed in with “Boys, I’ve been here nearly 40 years, and I can tell you this is the first normal winter we have ever had!”

Works for me. smile
90 degrees in Georgia in late May.

Oh, the humanity!
And this makes perfect sense, too

Young people blame climate change for lack of retirement savings

And coincidentally we have only been keeping weather records since the 1800’s. Go figure...
And my timing is perfect, as usual. A/C quit at home last night. Gonna fire up the portable A/C unit to keep the bedroom cool until I get it looked at. Have a feeling another compressor went TU. 2nd one in 5 years in a 5 year old system...........
I’m old enough to remember all the hype about another ice age and freezing to death.

Chicken Little just can’t decide which it’s gonna be.

DF
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
I’m old enough to remember all the hype about another ice age and freezing to death.

Chicken Little just can’t decide which it’s gonna be.

DF

This. I can remember as a kid in the late seventies that either "nuclear winter" or another ice age were going to kill us all.
I wish these damn 'do-gooder' libs would go the hell away.
I think that happened here February 2019...
Well, it's hot down this way, and about popcorn fart dry. Weird stuff for Floriduh. Heat indices running in the 100-107 range locally, temps in the mid to upper 90's. Bit off the mark for May, can't wait for July/August.
The US Air Force used to have a GS employee that was a retired NCO that taught the Weather Radar course and his name was Deathrage, pronounced, Death Ridge. This article was posted on a Facebook page and people are saying I thought he taught radar, etc., and the really old former Air Force Weather personnel aren't getting the joke on this.
Let's see... A few months ago it was really cold up north. Now it's getting really warm down south... I think that is called "Weather"...
You know that record from the 1800’s, the one that stood for 100 years? I wonder what drove those temps up, and I wonder if people back in the 1800’s predicted we would not be here today?
Originally Posted by Barkoff
You know that record from the 1800’s, the one that stood for 100 years? I wonder what drove those temps up, and I wonder if people back in the 1800’s predicted we would not be here today?

AOC had not been born back then.

Even their craziest were no way THIS crazy.

So, seems new records, for sure, are being set.

DF
We’re moving to SC this summer no matter how damn hot it is.
Was watching Deadliest Catch a few weeks back, the captains were all commenting that this was as early as they had seen ice in their careers, and the coldest temps they had ever fished in...of course cold is no proof of climate, that is just weather, only heat is considered climate.
B astards don’t know what hot is! They need to drag a ten foot cotton sack all day picking that s hit!!
Been there, done that, and hoeing that stuff too. Long days. miles
Hoeing horseradish in the heat and humidity of an Illinois August was no picnic, either. Nick a root and it was like getting tear gassed.
'Polar Vortex.'

'Death Ridge'.

'Bomb Cyclone'.

Media Buzzwords.

The sky is falling! eek
Had a few warm days here in n.d. but still waiting on rain and warm. Did hit 63 yesterday and gonna hit 70 today so that’s nice. Ed k
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2003/aug/29/france
They're calling for 86 degrees here Father's Day. Hardly a scorched earth event...
You know what would be a great, if someone could invent something that would cool the air in someone's house. Man that would be great!
The "Death Ridge" was total BS. We had 3 days over 90* and nobody died as a result of it that I know of. When I was growing up, we didn't have AC and we survived. Nowadays, if someone loses AC, you'd think it was the end of the world.

It's 61* and raining right now and it might break 70* today. It was 72* yesterday and ain't gonna get much over 80* the rest of the week. I'd say that's pretty damn good for the middle of June.
So...now that the scary "Death Ridge" has passed, does that prove that there ISN'T human-caused climate change? If not, why not?

BTW, this weekend there were hard freeze warnings for parts of Utah just a few miles from here. It is 48° right now at 8 a.m. Is that proof of human-caused cooling?
I live in North Carolina. Gott Sei Dank I survived the Death Ridge, as I took a two week vacation to Yellowstone during that Spring Time inferno from hell.
I did see on the news, where it hit 90 degrees at my house. Dear God! And in fact I did have to hire a gal to come over and water my chestnut trees during that time.

However, I returned a week ago and the Monsoon came with me. For the past week it has rained every day, flooding near by, and a high of 74 degrees every day.

It is the damndest thing, the weather changes every day.
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
I live in North Carolina. Gott Sei Dank I survived the Death Ridge, as I took a two week vacation to Yellowstone during that Spring Time inferno from hell.
I did see on the news, where it hit 90 degrees at my house. Dear God! And in fact I did have to hire a gal to come over and water my chestnut trees during that time.

However, I returned a week ago and the Monsoon came with me. For the past week it has rained every day, flooding near by, and a high of 74 degrees every day.

It is the damndest thing, the weather changes every day.

That damn climate change will get ya every time.
It has actually been pretty decent temp wise around here so far.
I'm sure the days in the high 90,s with 90% or better humidity are on their way.
Next couple of days temp wise high 70,s low 80,s
Low 60,s and high 50,s at night.
It could be worse it could be better.
Record snow packs and rainfalls causing major flooding inthe midwest.
Wonder what the extent of the artic ice pack is this year and the last several ones.
Fugging eco nazi,s .......
Ya man has impact on the environment to a certain extent...
It sure as fugg ain't our country destroying the planet at the rate of decades ago.
They need ta go crusade in China, India and the 3rd world schitt holes around the Pacific rim......

Solar minimum and solar maximum cycles have more to do with weather than what they wanna say.

Something they conveinantly sweep aside for their agenda.

© 24hourcampfire