Home
Posted By: prplbkrr World's Largest Brat Fest - 05/24/19
This started in 1983 as a customer appreciation, over the Memorial Day weekend. $.50 brats, $.25 hotdogs and $.10 Pepsi. It was held in the parking lot of a local grocery store.
It has grown so large that it is now held at the Dane Co. fairgrounds in Madison, Wi. I don't know how many grills they use but there are a bunch and they are big, commercial grade units.

On Friday they fire up these grills at 6:00 A.M. for "Take your Brat To Work" day. It is very popular. Brats for breakfast? At work? Who woulda thunk? A lot of companies foot the bill for "breakfast" for there employees. It is pretty cool.

The record was in 2009 when over 209,000 brats were sold. Back then that would have been about a brat for every person that lived in Madison.

The proceeds go to local charities.

Link as requested by FatCity67

https://www.nbc15.com/content/news/Take-Your-Brat-to-Work-Day-kicks-off-Brat-Fest-510370131.html
Thats great a link is always appreciated.
Posted By: hanco Re: World's Largest Brat Fest - 05/24/19
That’s a bunch of brats, I like them!
Posted By: aalf Re: World's Largest Brat Fest - 05/25/19

https://www.bratfest.com/activity/take-your-brat-to-work2/
Posted By: JeffyD Re: World's Largest Brat Fest - 05/25/19
Oh, those kind of brats. I thought you were talking about the democraps in the 2020 presidential race.
They'd be better grilled as well.
Pronounced, “Brought” , not Brat as is spoiled child.
Posted By: stevelyn Re: World's Largest Brat Fest - 05/25/19
I have a metric schittload of them made from moose.
Originally Posted by steve4102
Pronounced, “Brought” , not Brat as is spoiled child.

Not really 'brought', more like brot.
I'd never heard of brats until I moved to Minnesota from Ohio. We sure eat a lot of them. Sounds like a cool festival. If I was closer, I'd definitely check it out.
Grilled out for the family last night. Hotdogs, metts, plain brats, beer brats, Jalepno cheese brats, and a couple flavors of steak. No one left hungry... laugh

ETA: Like brats almost as much as I like goetta...
Love traditional European brats !!

[Linked Image]
© 24hourcampfire