Home
Posted By: hanco Holiday weekend plans - 05/25/19
What is your plan for the weekend. We are going out dancing tonight, get the boat ready tomorrow for tubing Sunday. I plan on doing some ass sitting Monday
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: Holiday weekend plans - 05/25/19
Had already made plans to go to deer camp tonight and tomorrow.

Today at work. Guy asks if I’d like to go see Randy Rogers on the MS coast. Extra ticket.

My luck.
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: Holiday weekend plans - 05/25/19
Work all weekend.
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: Holiday weekend plans - 05/25/19
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Work all weekend.

Hope Monday is 2x time.
Posted By: Prwlr Re: Holiday weekend plans - 05/25/19
Working on clearing about half a cottonwood tree from the back yard - a victim of the 7" of very wet snow on Monday night.
Posted By: jackmountain Re: Holiday weekend plans - 05/25/19
Work. What's a holiday?
Posted By: hanco Re: Holiday weekend plans - 05/25/19
We saw Randy Rogers not long ago, great show!
Posted By: Cinch Re: Holiday weekend plans - 05/25/19
Triple time... no rest for the wicked...
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: Holiday weekend plans - 05/25/19
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Work all weekend.

Hope Monday is 2x time.

Boss is an [bleep] and says no. However I do get to sleep with the boss's wife ever night. grin

Kids are all gone and so wife decided to picked up a few double shifts at the hospital which is 2.5x. So fugg it Ill grind some [bleep] out of the office, of course with the PGA tour on and cold beers waiting in the early afternoon.
Posted By: las Re: Holiday weekend plans - 05/25/19
Anchorage to miles city and back. Whoopy! Leaving Billings now
Posted By: EdM Re: Holiday weekend plans - 05/25/19
Youngest son is home visiting. Doing a few things on my car and heading to a show on Monday.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Holiday weekend plans - 05/25/19
might go gar fishing.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Holiday weekend plans - 05/25/19
Trenching 1000' with the Sex-cavator tomorrow, Sunday off, not sure Monday.
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Holiday weekend plans - 05/25/19
We are in the process of figuring out a weekend branding plan.

Between the weather and holidays it is a pain in the ass.

Plan B is to go back to farming for a couple days.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Holiday weekend plans - 05/25/19
Seeding.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Holiday weekend plans - 05/25/19
Tear down an above ground pool and pool deck with a backhoe.

And burning said pool deck.
Posted By: Blackheart Re: Holiday weekend plans - 05/25/19
Little shootin, little fishin, flea market tomorrow morning, out to dinner tomorrow night. Plant flowers on grandparens graves. Go watch the parade Monday.
Posted By: xverminator Re: Holiday weekend plans - 05/25/19
Floating and camping the upper Jacks Fork River. Bass (mostly smallmouth) and squirrel season opens tomorrow. Gonna take the boys (young men) and see who can fill the pot at camp.

Recent rains should make the fishing part of the trip pretty epic, we'll see about the squirrels but they are usually there. Bringing a chainsaw for blow downs across the river.........

X-VERMINATOR
Posted By: sawbuck Re: Holiday weekend plans - 05/25/19
I'm going to watch Indy and the Coca Cola 600, maybe go bow fishing if the wind lays.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Holiday weekend plans - 05/25/19
Originally Posted by xverminator
Floating and camping the upper Jacks Fork River. Bass (mostly smallmouth) and squirrel season opens tomorrow. Gonna take the boys (young men) and see who can fill the pot at camp.

Recent rains should make the fishing part of the trip pretty epic, we'll see about the squirrels but they are usually there. Bringing a chainsaw for blow downs across the river.........

X-VERMINATOR

I'd rather go with you this weekend than work!
Posted By: viking Re: Holiday weekend plans - 05/25/19
Nothing, next weekend I will be in the Austin area. Then when I get back it’s moving to Fairview Montana.
Posted By: Birdwatcher Re: Holiday weekend plans - 05/25/19
Just got done with twice as much bird counting, twice the money but twice the time and travel needed, that’s been kicking my ma$$ the last two weeks, put me behind on other stuff.

Friggin’ spring brush pick up by the city is on Monday (really?) and even on my postage stamp trees grow like weeds down here so I gotta cut and stack it on the curb. Could take awhile.

Per usual I gotta find the time to work the playground circuit with the grandkid too.

They’re moving rooms at school next year and I got a bunch of equipment, so there went Monday. Gonna be one of them days when work feels like work.
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Holiday weekend plans - 05/25/19
Crushing hogs tomorrow, then family stuff Sun and Monday.
Posted By: Salmonella Re: Holiday weekend plans - 05/25/19
I'm guiding trail rides all weekend.
Took some real fun girls today...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: savage24 Re: Holiday weekend plans - 05/25/19
Dinner at my brother’s house Saturday with extended family. My favorite uncle’s granddaughters are going to be there. Uncle was 15 years older than my dad and I was dad’s youngest, so the granddaughters are older than me. I have only seen them a few times over the years, so looking forward to spending time with them that is not at a funeral.

Memorial service and potluck at the cemetery were Dad’s Family is buried (and my mother as well) on Sunday.

We are off all week and had planned a camping trip, but the weather is chitty everywhere we want to go so we are just gonna come home Sunday. Might take a shorter trip later in the week if it ever stops raining.
Posted By: xverminator Re: Holiday weekend plans - 05/25/19
Everyone is welcome around my campfire..........

X-VERMINATOR
Posted By: WeimsnKs Re: Holiday weekend plans - 05/25/19
We are diving in Cozumel. Rough life.
Posted By: hanco Re: Holiday weekend plans - 05/25/19
Originally Posted by WeimsnKs
We are diving in Cozumel. Rough life.

Wifey and her best friend will be diving there Monday.
Posted By: gophergunner Re: Holiday weekend plans - 05/25/19
Half my crew's out sick, so unfortunately, I'll be working. We've got some nasty crud going through us that just won't go away and leave us alone. I'll work today, and be off tomorrow and Monday, provided someone else is healthy enough to work. Planning on fishing, lots of yardwork, and a visit with some dear older friends who fought for our freedom in places like Korea, Viet Nam, and the battlefields of Europe. I'll be going to the VA to spend time with our vets.
Flinging to Philadelphia for business. Sucks
Posted By: TBREW401 Re: Holiday weekend plans - 05/25/19
Put up banners and flags on porch.
Reflect for a minute on those who served and are no longer with us.

Do the usual, something in the smoker, pot o beans, and a cold Yuengling, or two.
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: Holiday weekend plans - 05/25/19
Nothing special planned for us. Got up at daylight and disked about a acre and a half, before it got hot. Probably cut grass today. Watch girls play softball on tv and maybe shoot a little. Might try to call in a crow or two.
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Holiday weekend plans - 05/25/19
Am in Lake Forest, IL to see our niece graduate. Thought we had escaped the rain in OK but it appears to have followed us up here. Saw the Cubs play yesterday. In spite of the 3 homers hit by the Cubbies, they lost late in the game due to a poor bull pen.
Posted By: SockPuppet Re: Holiday weekend plans - 05/25/19
Taking the fam to some indian ruins today. Going to get hay tomorrow. Hopefullly I can go fishing on Monday before working on the well plumbing.
Antibiotics , painkillers, soup, and work.
Posted By: GreatWaputi Re: Holiday weekend plans - 05/25/19
Pulled in late yesterday from hunting bears in northern Idaho. Pretty much a bust, went one for four in an area where we can usually selectively fill every tag. Weird year and not much sign around, plus it was a lot drier than expected given the amount of snow they had. Ticks outnumbered bears 1,000 to 1. Doing laundry and putting away my gear this morning.

Fishing this afternoon if the weather holds out.

Church and smoking something on the grill tomorrow.

Fundraiser breakfast and fishing on Monday
Im going to cook up some good vittles and wash my truck. Other than that I will watch Band of Brothers ,Saving Private Ryan and a few other shows.
It hot as heck down here so its inside time of year for me.
Posted By: bobwhite Re: Holiday weekend plans - 05/25/19
Grilling some ribs today....church tomorrow.....floating in the pool with a cold beer on Monday.
Posted By: SockPuppet Re: Holiday weekend plans - 05/25/19
Originally Posted by Beansnbacon33

Party animal!
Posted By: Rick n Tenn Re: Holiday weekend plans - 05/26/19
Crappie fishing Sardis today and tomorrow .
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Holiday weekend plans - 05/26/19
Seeding a little wheat tomorrow and got a branding/roundup crew setup for Monday. Trucker is good to go for Tues/Wed......

This bailout farming bullchit is more work than you'd think!
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: Holiday weekend plans - 05/26/19
bailout - needs more of everything.
Posted By: navlav8r Re: Holiday weekend plans - 05/26/19
This morning my wife and I went by the LGS and picked up some new dies and then on to Wally world and saw a lot of pork(ers) 😀. After lunch, took a little nap and watched the Cubs win. It was pretty effin’ HOT for this early in the year.

Right now I’m working on a little Knob Creek Single Barrel and getting some deer backstraps ready to cook.

Tomorrow I’ll go shooting at our deer club with a new Wiley Clapp Commander 45, test some loads in a 35 Whelen CDL stainless and probably a couple of others to allow cooling time between groups. It’s supposed to be pretty effin’ HOT...in the mid-90’s tomorrow afternoon.

Monday our members are going to plant some soy beans on about 15 of our fields at the deer lease. It’s gonna be effin’ HOT!

Did I mention it’s gonna be HOT!
Posted By: Cretch Re: Holiday weekend plans - 05/26/19
Heading to Indy in the morning for the 500. Hope they can get the race in between the rains.
Posted By: Cruiser1 Re: Holiday weekend plans - 05/26/19
Originally Posted by Cretch
Heading to Indy in the morning for the 500. Hope they can get the race in between the rains.

CRAP; hope the rain stays away, one of my favorite sports watching days of the year, bloody mary's, cold beer, ribs on the BGE and THE 500, All American weekend
Need to go one year.
Posted By: hanco Re: Holiday weekend plans - 05/26/19
I hope it doesn’t rain today, taking boat out.
Posted By: kid0917 Re: Holiday weekend plans - 05/26/19
Originally Posted by SockPuppet
Originally Posted by Beansnbacon33

Party animal!

ROFL, I am on my hard pain meds too, this weekend. Church picnic tomorrow if I can stand and walk.
Posted By: EdM Re: Holiday weekend plans - 05/26/19
Tomorrow, a car show for me, golf for my wife.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Holiday weekend plans - 05/26/19
Finally got my organic wheat in yesterday.

Get my sprayer going today....maybe get some safflower preplant done.

I would like to give my crew a bit of time off.....
Posted By: lvmiker Re: Holiday weekend plans - 05/26/19
We have been in Cody, Wy. since the 16th hiking every day on both sides of the N. Fork of the Shoshone River.
My wife has had both knees replaced since Dec.3 and this trip is her final stage of rehab. We did 5.2 miles up Sweetwater Creek yesterday w/ 620' of elevation gain. It was our 1st day free of rain/snow and was absolutely gorgeous. We celebrated her progress w/ drinks at the Irma and dinner at the Proudcut. Today we will take it pretty easy and head for Lander on Tuesday.

mike r
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Holiday weekend plans - 05/26/19
Originally Posted by stxhunter
might go gar fishing.

well everyone wanted brisket today so i been up since 12:30am building a fire and cooking brisket is almost ready to get wrapped in a towel and go in the cooler to rest. So,so much for going fishing.
© 24hourcampfire