Home
Posted By: OrangeOkie college women's softball - 05/25/19
Just flipped through ESPN and saw the Alabama v Texas Regional. That's alot of beef/pork on the hoof. Them gals should have found a way to get to West Point. grin
LOL 😁
Posted By: 5sdad Re: college women's softball - 05/25/19

It's interesting that many coaches seem to favor players of a given body type that varies from coach to coach.
Posted By: Reloder28 Re: college women's softball - 05/25/19
Have always noticed the pitchers have pretty large booty’s.
Posted By: kroo88 Re: college women's softball - 05/25/19
ESPN had to repeatedly pan up to avoid some Florida State camel-toe.

Gotta love those white uni’s.
Posted By: reivertom Re: college women's softball - 05/25/19
Originally Posted by kroo88
ESPN had to repeatedly pan up to avoid some Florida State camel-toe.

Gotta love those white uni’s.

I know...bunch of homos...
Posted By: 5sdad Re: college women's softball - 05/25/19
One thing that I really appreciate about the softball players is that they wear for-real, honest-to-God "baseball" pants instead of those ridiculous pajama bottoms that baseball has adopted.
Posted By: hanco Re: college women's softball - 05/25/19
Yep they have some big units out there.

Big assed gurls playing hard!!!
Posted By: rong Re: college women's softball - 05/25/19
This is a fun time for Softball,tourney wise,
I have always enjoyed watching,not sure why don't have any daugters that played.
They didn't have fast pitch softball in Florida high school when my daughter was going through. I wish I had started her in golf. She swam before high school, but ended up in the pom squad through high school.
Posted By: sactoller Re: college women's softball - 05/25/19
Originally Posted by 5sdad
One thing that I really appreciate about the softball players is that they wear for-real, honest-to-God "baseball" pants instead of those ridiculous pajama bottoms that baseball has adopted.

Truth!!!!!
Check out this video of Texas pitcher getting hit in the face . . . . ouch!

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/26816157/texas-pitcher-doing-well-being-hit-face
Total fastpitch junkie here. Minnesota took out LSU yesterday and can clinch the series by beating them again. It would be their first ever birth to the Nationals. Love to watch the game. The pitchers are really impressive. Our daughter was a pretty darned good pitcher, but she'd not even make the practice squad on these programs. GO GOPHERS!
Posted By: 22250rem Re: college women's softball - 05/25/19
I clicked onto this thread thinking that there might be some uproar about some dude getting on the college women's softball team because he "identifies" as female. I'm actually glad that wasn't the case because I'm getting sick of that ridiculous B.S..
Congrats to the Gopers for knocking out LSU 3-0 to clinch the series. The Gophers now head to the championship tournament for the first time. GO GOPHERS!
Posted By: memtb Re: college women's softball - 05/26/19
Originally Posted by gophergunner
Congrats to the Gopers for knocking out LSU 3-0 to clinch the series. The Gophers now head to the championship tournament for the first time. GO GOPHERS!

gophergunner, I started a separate post early this morning, congratulating your young ladies! I guess that I’m a Gopher fan for the rest of the playoffs! memtb
Posted By: memtb Re: college women's softball - 05/26/19
Total fastpitch junkie here. Minnesota took out LSU yesterday and can clinch the series by beating them again. It would be their first ever birth to the Nationals. Love to watch the game. The pitchers are really impressive. Our daughter was a pretty darned good pitcher, but she'd not even make the practice squad on these programs. GO GOPHERS!

My granddaughter had a chance to play for LSU (she wasn’t a pitcher), but with her major being Chemical Engineering.....she couldn’t play and keep up her studies! memtb
Posted By: Sharpsman Re: college women's softball - 05/26/19
Need to check some of those 'Dorks' to see their sex!!
Florida beat Tennessee, and is in the Women’s Softball World Series.
Posted By: Sycamore Re: college women's softball - 05/27/19
Originally Posted by memtb

My granddaughter had a chance to play for LSU (she wasn’t a pitcher), but with her major being Chemical Engineering.....she couldn’t play and keep up her studies! memtb

good for her!

hope she is doing well in her chosen field.
Posted By: memtb Re: college women's softball - 05/27/19
P
Originally Posted by Sycamore

good for her!

Thanks! But, going into her senior year, with a real good GPA, she decided she’d rather teach HS chemistry and physics. I was a little bummed! But, it’s her life! memtb
Posted By: AZcows Re: college women's softball - 05/27/19
I left Tucson 30 + years ago, but still like to watch my Wildcats. BEAR DOWN!!
Posted By: DMc Re: college women's softball - 05/27/19
Ouchie

[Linked Image]
Posted By: JamesJr Re: college women's softball - 05/27/19
My granddaughter has played high school softball since she made the team as a seventh grader. Unfortunately the team she plays on has had it's share of ups and downs with coaching problems and injuries to key players. She also plays travel ball in the off season. She is a natural athlete, but doesn't push herself hard enough to take it to the next level. She's good enough to play college ball, and although she will just be a junior this year, has had a college scout take a look at her. Yes, there are some manly looking softball players, but there are also some very pretty girls that play the game. I enjoy watching the girls play.
Posted By: Tarkio Re: college women's softball - 05/27/19
P

good for her!

Thanks! But, going into her senior year, with a real good GPA, she decided she’d rather teach HS chemistry and physics. I was a little bummed! But, it’s her life! memtb

Dang!

Just Dang!

I am having regular conversations with my daughter now as she tries to decide what course of study to follow and we talk regularly about aiming high in her career path.

Glad she made the correct choice. Sadly, once college is over, there's very little chance of these amazing athletes making any money playing fastpitch. She's much better served pursuing her field of study.
I still like to watch the game when it's played well. My daughter was definitely not a "finesse" player. She absolutely hated being told to bunt. She played hard, and very physical and made no apologies for it. If a pitcher hit one of her teammates, that pitcher would get one in return the next time she batted. Never met an umpire she liked, even the ones that called good games for her. I coached her through 12 U but after that she was beyond what I could do to help her improve.

Last year of 12U, she's pitching in a tight game and struggling. Our other pitcher is warmed up and ready to go. Ellie had thrown over 200 pitches that weekend, and it was time for the switch. I made the walk to the mound as she glared at me with contempt. I got out to the circle, and she's shooting daggers at me. She says WTF are you doing on MY MOUND! I said to her, "I figured I'd better come get you before you killed the umpire!" She gave me that schidt eating grin and says, "you know, you're not as dumb as Mom says you are!"
Posted By: deflave Re: college women's softball - 05/27/19
The only time it's acceptable to watch or take interest in soccer, or women's softball is if you have a child or grandchild participating in the respective sport.
I’m very proud of her. She just seems to have a desire to teach. She did some tutoring while in college, to help support herself through schooling, and coached girls softball during the summer! Though, I really did want to see her play on ESPN! grin memtb
Posted By: viking Re: college women's softball - 05/27/19
Originally Posted by deflave
The only time it's acceptable to watch or take interest in soccer, or women's softball is if you have a child or grandchild participating in the respective sport.

Preach it Brother
Both of my daughters played softball since the age of 6, their HS team was state 4A champions twice during their HS playing careers the youngest daughter was team captain the year they won for the 2nd time. Both played in college, the oldest daughter's team went to the NCAA World Series of Women's College Softball and the youngest girls team won their conference championship and a birth to NAIA Nationals in her senior year. Softball paid for one college education with the scholarships both had, they both remain active playing for their employer's co-ed teams.
Posted By: tndrbstr Re: college women's softball - 05/27/19

Thankfully that rule does not apply to woman's volleyball
Originally Posted by 22250rem
I clicked onto this thread thinking that there might be some uproar about some dude getting on the college women's softball team because he "identifies" as female. I'm actually glad that wasn't the case because I'm getting sick of that ridiculous B.S..

[bleep].

Most of the varsity and U16 softball players I know would kick
a trannies ass.

These girls are inspiringly tough.
You see tears (they are girls after all), tears of joy, disappoint, or just female emotional crap.
You don't see tears of pain.
They take nasty hits, hurt themselves running, and you see little drama from most players.

I watched a 13 year old catcher take a full force throw square in the mouth, blindsided.
Knocked her down, removed several front teeth by the roots.
She whimpered a bit going out of the gym.

Nope, trannies better tread lightly.
Posted By: deflave Re: college women's softball - 05/27/19
Originally Posted by tndrbstr

Thankfully that rule does not apply to woman's volleyball

Not in the least.
Originally Posted by gunswizard
Both of my daughters played softball since the age of 6, their HS team was state 4A champions twice during their HS playing careers the youngest daughter was team captain the year they won for the 2nd time. Both played in college, the oldest daughter's team went to the NCAA World Series of Women's College Softball and the youngest girls team won their conference championship and a birth to NAIA Nationals in her senior year. Softball paid for one college education with the scholarships both had, they both remain active playing for their employer's co-ed teams.

Congratulations to both, you and your daughters. It’s truly inspiring to watch your kids/grandkids excel at a sport they love. Or, excel in whatever they love .....academics, sports, or whatever! memtb
Posted By: Sycamore Re: college women's softball - 05/27/19
P

good for her!

keep telling her, she's only 2 semesters away from that Chem E degree. pay down a lot of student loans with that kind of dough! she can always go back for 9 months of college!
Yes, and this is why many of the pitchers wear a modified catcher's mask to protect their face (though it is primarily designed for protection against bated balls - 40 ft. to home plate - rather than a throw to second from the cacther.
P

good for her!

keep telling her, she's only 2 semesters away from that Chem E degree. pay down a lot of student loans with that kind of dough! she can always go back for 9 months of college!

I think that for her, it’s more fulfilling to teach.....than be involved in big industry. Much less money, but it’s her decision! I worked jobs I hated for 50 years....chasing security and a few bucks! Actually working a job I would’ve loved.....somehow didn’t enter the equation! memtb

The Grand Buffoon has spoken and we should all fall in line now......
Posted By: deflave Re: college women's softball - 05/28/19
I walked into a bar a weekend or two back all the men were sitting there screaming at the TV's watching women's fugking softball. I said "What is this fugking schit? Put the PGA on."

Their heads hung low. They felt shame.

As they should.
Posted By: JGRaider Re: college women's softball - 05/28/19

It's a common reaction when people have absolutely no clue what's going on on the field. I doubt he ever stepped foot on a competitive playing field in his life.
Posted By: 1minute Re: college women's softball - 05/28/19
Regardless of the sport or endeavor, I find it rewarding to view world class competition. Be it brick laying or the college world series one sees the best mental and physical tactics possible. On subject, those ladies can flat out play. Missing it this season, but with opportunity, I'd not view it as a waste of time.
Posted By: Sharpsman Re: college women's softball - 05/28/19
All their vehicles need shocks and springs on drivers side!

They stop at local Quick Stops and come out with a gallon of choc milk and couple of Honey Buns!!
Originally Posted by JGRaider

It's a common reaction when people have absolutely no clue what's going on on the field. I doubt he ever stepped foot on a competitive playing field in his life.

Reverend,

I’m glad you’re here. I had a question.

Your friend Tom264 says Catholics aren’t christians. Is that true?
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
All their vehicles need shocks and springs on drivers side!

They stop at local Quick Stops and come out with a gallon of choc milk and couple of Honey Buns!!

I think a lot of them are pretty good looking.
Posted By: memtb Re: college women's softball - 05/28/19
Yes, there are some big girls playing softball, but certainly not all. My granddaughter, who decided “not” to play for LSU, was very involved in “cross-fit” .....finished 8th in the Southeast Regionals. Could do hand stand push ups against a wall, had a six-pack that most men would be envious of, could pull herself up into a static strength hold on gymnastics rings, had a much higher vertical jump than I have ever dreamed of, and was very competitive in many other forms of competition.....all this from a girl barely 5 feet tall and likely not 100 pounds. So....not all female softball athletes are “farm stock”! memtb

Reverend,

I'm not a reverend.
Tom264 is a good guy.
I'm not THE judge.
Have a good day.

Reverend,

I'm not a reverend.
Tom264 is a good guy.
I'm not THE judge.
Have a good day.

Then stop acting like one, you fugkin' dick head.

Good at what? Bein' a prick?

Thank Christ for that.

GFY.
Takes one to know one there deacon brother. Or was that another of your charades like recovering alcoholic?

Thank Christ for that.

GFY.

Nice to see the resident troll is alive and well. As I told you before, if people of your character liked me I would indeed have something to worry about.

Nice to see the resident troll is alive and well. As I told you before, if people of your character liked me I would indeed have something to worry about.

Thanks, Reverend.
Takes one to know one there deacon brother. Or was that another of your charades like recovering alcoholic?

Are you and Raider Deacons?

I would find that hard to believe.
What would you know about being a Deacon?
Posted By: Raeford Re: college women's softball - 05/28/19
I like college softball as well as college baseball.
My favorite time of year sports-wise.
I like most all college sports, softball, women's soccer and football are my favorites.
What would you know about being a Deacon?

I know EVERYTHING about being a Deacon.

Are you a Deacon at your church?
I like most all college sports, softball, women's soccer and football are my favorites.

There's a shock.
if you know everything about being a Deacon how come you can't seem to express yourself without using profanity? No Deacon that I know uses the vulgar language you do nor tells anyone to GFY.
Posted By: deflave Re: college women's softball - 05/29/19
if you know everything about being a Deacon how come you can't seem to express yourself without using profanity? No Deacon that I know uses the vulgar language you do nor tells anyone to GFY.

Don't judge me.

Are you a Deacon or not?
I don't presume to judge you sir, just stating the facts but then you can't handle the facts can you. But carry on living in your profane little fantasy world, every village needs its idiot. FYI I never claimed to be a Deacon and I just realized you made a post without profanity, keep up the good work. Just like a recovering alcoholic, one step at a time.
Are you a Deacon?
Posted By: Tom264 Re: college women's softball - 05/29/19

Reverend,

I'm not a reverend.
Tom264 is a good guy.
I'm not THE judge.
Have a good day.

Thank Christ for that.

GFY.

You are the prick, worthless foul pos...
If you want a good laugh. Google softball pitcher playing dodgeball.
Originally Posted by Tom264

Are you a Deacon?
Originally Posted by Tom264

Are you a Deacon?
I am. I also am pretty hypocritical since I often ogle pretty girls posted in as little as Ric will allow and I also dislike a lot of folks on the site. I am wont to call these worthless POS [bleep] bad names also. Right now I just got done cursing at my cell phone.
So now I gotta put a space in between the k's in fu k k witt's? Really? We have to suffer THAT? Wtff?
Ever notice that the same bad actors show up and befoul thread after thread?
I played baseball as a kid. When my daughter got old enough to play my wife, who had played softball as a kid and a young adult, wanted her to play. I wasn't real turned on to the whole softball at five years old thing. I ended up coaching. I am still not enamored of girls or boys starting out as young as they do.

All that said, I'd really rather watch softball than baseball. It's a lot faster paced and there is more enthusiasm. There are too damn many rules.
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Ever notice that the same bad actors show up and befoul thread after thread?

Sorry Sam. You know I love you brother.
Posted By: Tyrone Re: college women's softball - 05/29/19
Originally Posted by DMc
Ouchie

[Linked Image]
Thank goodness she kept her teeth! Beautiful young lady!
Facemasks should be made mandatory for everybody on the infield. I'd not be unhappy about just saying "everybody" and having the outfield wear them too. The f u c k ing worthless shixtstain who coached my daughter's softball team didn't like them. I'd like to see that f u c k e r take one to his cockholder.

When I was coaching one of our players out at shortstop took one right in the face. Line drive. She was okay but I'll never forget the sickening "smack" of ball hitting flesh.
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Facemasks should be made mandatory for everybody on the infield. I'd not be unhappy about just saying "everybody" and having the outfield wear them too. The f u c k ing worthless shixtstain who coached my daughter's softball team didn't like them. I'd like to see that f u c k e r take one to his cockholder.

When I was coaching one of our players out at shortstop took one right in the face. Line drive. She was okay but I'll never forget the sickening "smack" of ball hitting flesh.

I totally agree on the facemasks. The infielders shouldn't be given the option. It should be mandatory. My daughter pitched for 10 years, and had a couple very close calls.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss the days at the field. Ellie worked out every day, bar none. When it got too cold to pitch outside, we rented gym time for her. She was a dedicated student of her craft. Now she teaches young girls how to pitch, how to hit, how to play the game. My kid worked her butt off to be the best player she possibly could, and I'm sure there's a lot more daughters of our members here that do the same.

Good luck to all the young ladies working hard to be the best players they possibly can.
My daughter while at bat wearing a batting helmet with facemask took a fastball to the head, it knocked her off her feet. Fortunately for her she was fine, a little dizziness which subsided after an innings rest in the dugout and she was able to play the remainder of the game. Only takes an incident like that to make you a believer in face masks. Another girl fouled a ball off the plate while wearing a helmet without a facemask, she went down and for a few minutes had lost her eyesight. You better believe she wore a helmet with facemask from then on. I'm with the above poster when it comes to facemasks being mandatory for infielders and every batting helmet should be equipped with a facemask. Don''t want to wear a facemask then you don't play period!
Posted By: JamesJr Re: college women's softball - 05/30/19
My granddaughter plays third base, and pitches. In Kentucky, face masks are mandatory for those two positions, as well as first base, and of course, the catcher always wears one. You sometimes see second basemen and shortstops wearing them as well. I have seen some very hard hit line balls smack the pitcher before they had a chance to react. In one of the last games of the season, my granddaughter was hit on the ankle by a line drive, and knocked down. It's been 3 weeks, and she still has a knot there.

I know there are people who probably laugh at the idea that anyone can get hurt playing softball, but we're not talking about the kind of softball you play at family reunions, but about fast pitch where that ball is moving much faster than most people realize. The better pitchers can really sling that ball, and the good hitters can knock the crap out of it. I've seen how bruised up some of the catchers get, trying to stop those balls. So, yeah, that face mask is a very good idea.
Best of luck to the Minnesota Gophers as they take on the rest of the best in the championship tournament. If I can sneak out of work early today, I'll be somewhere watching the game and cheering on the Gophers. GO GOPHERS!
© 24hourcampfire