Home
Posted By: shaman George Washington Mini-Series - 06/05/19
Back in 1984, CBS produced a 4-part mini-series on the life of George Washington. 2 years later, they brought back a lot of the original cast to do a 2-part follow-on about Washington's presidency.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoVCFt0HN9w

It's up on Youtube now. KYHillChick and I just finished watching it. It has the shamanic seal of approval.
Posted By: J23 Re: George Washington Mini-Series - 06/05/19
Thanks!!

I just put it on my "to watch" list for this evening after work.
Is he a negro in the new version?
Got a great great (however many greats) grandfather that was a buddy of his. Later in life he was one of Washington's pallbearers and afterwards was buried beside Washington, presumably with Martha on the other side.
Godogs57: Your kin probably knew my kin-- Shreves. They certainly knew KYHillChick's kin, the Balls. Washington's mom was a Ball. I forget which Ball it was that took off through the Cumberland Gap, but he left owing George 20 pounds. George forgave him in his will.

GTOM: George is played by Barry Bostwick. Patty Duke plays Martha.
Originally Posted by shaman
Godogs57: Your kin probably knew my kin-- Shreves. They certainly knew KYHillChick's kin, the Balls. Washington's mom was a Ball. I forget which Ball it was that took off through the Cumberland Gap, but he left owing George 20 pounds. George forgave him in his will.

and the irony of the campfire my people in the 1700's and early 1800's were around the cumberland gap area, homesteading under something called a "tomahawk homestead". this would have been the northeast corner of tennessee, and southeast kentucky. Lots of cemeteries around there with my family last name.
And here i sit in arizona.
Here's more info on the series:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086720/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_148

Yes, THAT Barry Bostwick. You may remember him from Rocky Horror Picture Show:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

. . . of course that was 10 years before this mini-series was made.
Originally Posted by RoninPhx

and the irony of the campfire my people in the 1700's and early 1800's were around the cumberland gap area, homesteading under something called a "tomahawk homestead". this would have been the northeast corner of tennessee, and southeast kentucky. Lots of cemeteries around there with my family last name.
And here i sit in arizona.

From what I understand, the Balls came through the Gap, said "F--- this sh--!" and settled a couple of miles on the other side and didn't budge for 70 years.
That was a good series.
I seem to recall another Barry Bostwick presidential role in something along the lines of "Franklin Delano Roosevelt, American Badass", but I may be imagining that. (Hitler and Mussolini were werewolves IIRC.) Slightly different concept from the GW pic.
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine

Latino

We might be cousins.

Col. William Payne was my kin....
Originally Posted by Godogs57

We might be cousins.

Col. William Payne was my kin....

I'll check with the 'HillChick.
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

Latino

Naah, a wise Latina.
Back in 1984, CBS produced a 4-part mini-series on the life of George Washington. 2 years later, they brought back a lot of the original cast to do a 2-part follow-on about Washington's presidency.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoVCFt0HN9w

It's up on Youtube now. KYHillChick and I just finished watching it. It has the shamanic seal of approval.

Hey, thanks for this, episodes one and two playing in the background helped a long and tedious paperwork/documentation session go by cool
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
That was a good series.

Bob!! I thought for sure you would be one of le dastardly Francois 'iding en le weeds avec les indiens hostiles a Fort Nécessité.

Then again, I was also looking for you among the rücksichtslose Hessische söldner in episode two. If I was there would dress up like that for the moustache alone.
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

Latino

Naah, a wise Latina.

A bi curious cross dressing wise Latina
"Then again, I was also looking for you among the rücksichtslose Hessische söldner in episode two. If I was there would dress up like that for the moustache alone."

Ja ein "Lange Kerls" mit der alte Fritz!!!!
I am a descendant of William Ball IV. His brother Joseph Ball was George Washington's great grandfather. Or you could say I am a descendant of William Ball the III, who was George's great great grandfather. William IV and Joseph were the ones to come to America. William came to Jamestown in 1650. I believe that Joseph was already here when William came.
So that chick on the Ancestry.com commercial is y’alls cousin????
Originally Posted by Scotty
I am a descendant of William Ball IV. His brother Joseph Ball was George Washington's great grandfather. Or you could say I am a descendant of William Ball the III, who was George's great great grandfather. William IV and Joseph were the ones to come to America. William came to Jamestown in 1650. I believe that Joseph was already here when William came.

Oh, my! I've got another in-law!
© 24hourcampfire