Get a trial for $60 first year......

Plus taxes of course.......worth it ?

Using Pandora now in my Tacoma.......

[Linked Image]
Posted By: rong Re: XM Radio ????????? - 06/15/19
I have it and enjoy it,
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: XM Radio ????????? - 06/15/19
I've had it for years.

We have it in both pickups. But to be honest, I hardly ever listen anymore. I really only listen to 2 channels anyway... Willie's Roadhouse, and Prime Country.

I listen mostly to IHeart talk radio mostly. Rush, Hannity, etc.

I'll probably cancel after it runs out this time.
Posted By: dale06 Re: XM Radio ????????? - 06/15/19
I have had it in several new vehicles. I like it especially when traveling and you don’t know what non XM stations are available. And it works on remorse roads where you might get poor or no reception.
Having said that, I only use it when it’s free.
Posted By: RufusG Re: XM Radio ????????? - 06/15/19
I have SiriusXM and like it; consider the $11 a month or whatever we pay worth it. I have 15 different channels programmed into my buttons and just scroll through as needed.
Posted By: navlav8r Re: XM Radio ????????? - 06/15/19
Love it. I have it my current (3) vehicles and two others before that. It’s really nice when on the road.
Posted By: Owl Re: XM Radio ????????? - 06/15/19
I had it for 10-12 years. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I was paying something like $30 per year with a discount through my employer.

Then one day they wanted to jack the rates up to some ridicules amount like $125 per year and I dropped it. They kept calling
and emailing and sending fliers stating that they would give it to me for $60.00 per year, which was ok for me, but that vehichle
is no longer my primary transportation. I chose not to renew.

I just use the blue tooth in my phone now.
Posted By: CrimsonTide Re: XM Radio ????????? - 06/15/19
I am happy to pay for Willie's Roadhouse, the only channel I listen to.
Posted By: Lonny Re: XM Radio ????????? - 06/15/19
I had SiriusXM free for the first year and initially thought I wouldn't renew, but I kept it. Around here, the local AM/FM stations are quickly lost and pretty much suck and I wouldn't want to go back to that now. Satellite is nice for longer drives and always getting perfect reception. I listen to some talk radio, sports, and music. In some of the deeper canyons around here you lose it for a bit though.
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: XM Radio ????????? - 06/15/19
Many many hours... Listening to Tucker now.... I do a mix of music genres and a couple times a week I will listen to comedians.

They try to jack the price... Guy's say $60/year but I have not gotten that. I called this number 8666355020 and told punjab I want to cancel. Dropped to $8.60 or so a month which is fine by me in the grand scheme of living in the truck...

Eventually I feel like I have heard it all and will just shut'er off for a few hours of few hundred miles or whatever, then do it all over again..

It's fugging liberal usually but in odd hours I'll listen to some BBC, radio made as radio, not just TV without picture.
Posted By: jackmountain Re: XM Radio ????????? - 06/15/19
Have it in the Tacoma, but I only drive it three times a month. Wish I had it in my service truck. Listen to my iPod or Pandora in it. Love having fox business and cnbc plus classic vinyl, the joint, outlaw country etc.
Posted By: Springcove Re: XM Radio ????????? - 06/15/19
I have it in my truck and really like it. Works great when I go into the mountains and can’t get fm radio. Well farther in the mountains than I am already.
Posted By: Brazos Re: XM Radio ????????? - 06/15/19
I liked it a LOT better before they merged with Sirius and dropped XCountry.

But I still have it and use it...
Posted By: tikkanut Re: XM Radio ????????? - 06/15/19

well........$60 for the first year..........+ tax

may look into it......

Pandora is $6 month now........
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: XM Radio ????????? - 06/15/19
Have it on 2 vehicles, I can take it or leave it at times
Posted By: JMUPT Re: XM Radio ????????? - 06/15/19
I have had it pretty much since it came out 16+ years. I don't think I could do with out it in a vehicle. I drive about 25K miles a year so having the same stations everywhere i go make it nice. The smart phone app is great as well, I can replay past shows that I like and want to hear again or may have missed. When it comes time to renew your subscription call them and either threaten to cancel or ask for the best rate. You can usually get 6 months for about $30, the same as what 1 month will be if you let it auto renew month by month.
Posted By: elkchsr Re: XM Radio ????????? - 06/15/19
I have it in the work truck, my personal truck, and a radio that I move between the shop and my reloading room. Wouldn’t be without it.
Posted By: garddogg56 Re: XM Radio ????????? - 06/15/19
I listen to sports and Willies roadhouse and Sue listens to the old rock and roll.
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: XM Radio ????????? - 06/15/19
Had it for awhile.

Outlaw country.

Now the cell data is unlimited. Pandora.

Free. Though a few commercials. I have know idea how pandora knows.... i walk 3-5 miles a night. No commercials. Driving commercials ever so often.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: XM Radio ????????? - 06/15/19
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Had it for awhile.

Outlaw country.

Now the cell data is unlimited. Pandora.

Free. Though a few commercials. I have know idea how pandora knows.... i walk 3-5 miles a night. No commercials. Driving commercials ever so often.

Likely their tied into google/apple and not only do they know that you walk every night, they know where you are and with the maps available know if you just stepped into a restaurant, gun store, or the public johns at the park.

Geno
Posted By: Terryk Re: XM Radio ????????? - 06/15/19
My opinion. I had it for free trial in my 14 Outback, and service was poor in some areas, so I preferred Pandora over bluetooth. Bought a 18 4runner last year, same deal, service was worse than the cell connection to pandora, so I tried, but pandora/spotify win again. I just use the free service because commercials don't bother me. So overall in my area with mountains and valleys, the cell service is better, and free. Both Pandora and Spotify offer free unlimited for 3 months all the time, and I think their service is something like 60/year.
Posted By: deflave Re: XM Radio ????????? - 06/15/19
Depends where you live.

Some places it's essential, others you'll never use it.
Posted By: SockPuppet Re: XM Radio ????????? - 06/15/19
I have it and like it. I drive over 30K miles per year in some very remote areas and it always has a good signal. I put a reminder in my phone when it's getting close to the renewal date, then call to cancel. I usually end up at about $60/year which is acceptable.
Posted By: TxHunter80 Re: XM Radio ????????? - 06/15/19
It's worth it. There's tons of music and talk channels. I rarely listen to am/FM anymore. Gotta watch them though. They'll increase the price after the first year. Just call to cancel and they'll knock it back down to about $85. I make them send me a paper statement so they don't auto debit the $244 regular price, which they will do if your info is on file
Posted By: fishdog52 Re: XM Radio ????????? - 06/15/19
I have had Sirius/XM several times over recent years, with different vehicles and home subscriptions. I have concluded that I would not take another subscription even if it were free.
Their play lists have gotten very short, to many repeats and songs I don't like.
Discovered Pandora had an annual subscription plan (that was less expensive) that permits me to download to my phone. Over several months, I have accumulated about 350 songs, NOT 1 of which I don't like, over several different themes, that play over the bluetooth in our vehicles, or at home. Plus at home, over wifi, there are infinite stations available.
I particularly despise Sirus/XM's renewal system if they get your credit card number.
Since Pandora was purchased by them, I am wary of renwing later this summer. Might be time to take a hard look at Spotify.
My point is, there are several good options to Sirius/XM.
Posted By: JTman Re: XM Radio ????????? - 06/15/19
Originally Posted by SockPuppet
I have it and like it. I drive over 30K miles per year in some very remote areas and it always has a good signal. I put a reminder in my phone when it's getting close to the renewal date, then call to cancel. I usually end up at about $60/year which is acceptable.

I don't drive near that far in a year but I do the reminder in the phone thing also...call them about a week before it's supposed to renew and negotiate a cheap rate (between 60 and 70 a year if I'm not mistaken).

However the stations I listen to all are typical radio, same songs played day after day. Getting kind of tired of it actually.
Posted By: johnw Re: XM Radio ????????? - 06/15/19
I did a 4 month free trial when i bought the Subaru. It just expired and will not be subscribed to or paid for.
Found 6 channels that were decent. All classic rock, more or less.

Thing is they claim no ads, but they sure self promote.

And all 6 of the classic rock channels I selected seemed to share programming. What I heard on ch25 yesterday is on ch32 today.

What they offered didn't seem expensive, but I wound up listening more to local broadcast stations anyway. I let the trial lapse and have no plans to ever try it again.
As long as local broadcast is available to me...
Posted By: slumlord Re: XM Radio ????????? - 06/15/19
I had sirius, always liked sat radio

Just wondering, do the "i never got a text message in my life" crowd partake of satellite radio?
Posted By: tikkanut Re: XM Radio ????????? - 06/15/19

I send/receive text mssg's

easier than calling normally plus pics are easy to send

currently use that same phone for Pandora in my Taco truck

Used Amazon for a while......not sure which was/is better

Sounds like the XM is easy....give Vin # and go fur it
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: XM Radio ????????? - 06/15/19
I only listen to Prime Country and Willie’s Roadhouse. And to one of their 70’s Classic Rock stations every great once in a while.
Posted By: slumlord Re: XM Radio ????????? - 06/15/19
Originally Posted by tikkanut

I send/receive text mssg's

easier than calling normally plus pics are easy to send

currently use that same phone for Pandora in my Taco truck

Used Amazon for a while......not sure which was/is better

Sounds like the XM is easy....give Vin # and go fur it

Youre good man, I wasn't throwing the stink bait out for you.

Those carp will eventually filterfeed into the spillway. 😄👍
Posted By: Reloder28 Re: XM Radio ????????? - 06/15/19
Have had Sirius since 2005. I purchased the lifetime subscription. Have not paid a dime since then. My radio head is dockable in any of my vehicles.
Posted By: BluMtn Re: XM Radio ????????? - 06/15/19
I have had it sence it came into being. Pickup, Travel trailer, combine, quadtrack, and in the semis. Still listen to talk radio when I can just to keep up with what is going on, but when I am traveling or camping the XM is on all the time.
Posted By: luv2safari Re: XM Radio ????????? - 06/15/19
I got it in 2009 with my then new Chev HHR. I got it, and I bought a second subscription in a promo they had that gave me a Snap radio and the second subscription, all for $11/mo. The Snap radio was free. I move it to my other vehicles and use the heck out of it when I travel all over out here, where there are few strong broadcast channels.

I especially like the old time radio channel and the baseball channels that let me follow my team while traveling. There's something for anyone, and it works well, except when you're in big cities with tall buildings or in canyons and high mountains.
It is nice to be able to listen to ball games when your traveling.
Posted By: boliep Re: XM Radio ????????? - 06/15/19

I am surprised that no one is using a thumb drive with songs on it for their vehicle listening.

Mine has almost 1500 songs on it and I enjoy each and every one of them. There are still more that I wish I had.
Posted By: Salty303 Re: XM Radio ????????? - 06/15/19
Originally Posted by deflave
Depends where you live.

Some places it's essential, others you'll never use it.

This. Used it a lot from pretty much the start of it when I lived and worked up the coast with next to no radio available. Moved down to civilization and pulled the plug. Prices where getting up there and I can probably pull in 30 stations around here why bother.
Posted By: thumbcocker Re: XM Radio ????????? - 06/15/19
I just cancelled in my truck, and got streaming on my phone. $14.00 for six months. am fm radio sucks around here.
Originally Posted by thumbcocker
I just cancelled in my truck, and got streaming on my phone. $14.00 for six months. am fm radio sucks around here.

That’s pretty cheap. Where did you find that offer?
Posted By: johnw Re: XM Radio ????????? - 06/26/19
I have about 22 hours of music on the sd card in my phone. It plays well with the vehicles and any number of devices.

No ads
No promotions
No chatter

Theoretically I could drive to Wyoming and back and never hear the same song 2wice.
Posted By: Redneck Re: XM Radio ????????? - 06/26/19
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
I've had it for years.

We have it in both pickups. But to be honest, I hardly ever listen anymore. I really only listen to 2 channels anyway... Willie's Roadhouse, and Prime Country.

I listen mostly to IHeart talk radio mostly. Rush, Hannity, etc.
Ditto..

I'll probably cancel after it runs out this time.
Tell 'em you wanna cancel - all of a sudden you'll be offered a 'deal'... Negotiate further and the price will be even cheaper... If they won't do it - just say "bye".... Within a week you'll be getting unreal offers... Trust me... smile
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: XM Radio ????????? - 06/26/19
Originally Posted by tikkanut

well........$60 for the first year..........+ tax

may look into it......

Pandora is $6 month now........

How do you get pandora in your pickup?

Bluetooth or something?

We had three subscriptions at one time and loved them.

All our schit is old so we had to have the stand alone radio that transmitted to a set channel.

It was a pain switching it all the time. Just got to be too much hassle and money.
Posted By: Stan V Re: XM Radio ????????? - 06/26/19
Elvis and The Beatles!!!!
Posted By: TBREW401 Re: XM Radio ????????? - 06/26/19
I have it in two trucks
Mostly listen to Woody's Roadhouse-- I like real country music
I also like Bluegrass too
Oh yeah-- no damn commercials!
Posted By: Dave_in_WV Re: XM Radio ????????? - 06/26/19
We pay $30 for 6 months all inclusive rate. You can barter with them.
Posted By: alwaysoutdoors Re: XM Radio ????????? - 06/26/19
I used to and enjoyed it.
Posted By: ERK Re: XM Radio ????????? - 06/27/19
Yes in 3 vehicles. Edk
Posted By: rem141r Re: XM Radio ????????? - 06/27/19
i've had it for years but the past year or so all the talk radio does is piss me off and the music seems like the same old schit over and over, which it is. if i didn't commute an hour each way i'd drop it for sure. i cannot listen to regular radio anymore. or watch tv for that matter. or read the paper. or talk to people.
Posted By: cra1948 Re: XM Radio ????????? - 06/27/19
I like it. Traveling (2 trips recently over 1000 miles from home) I don’t have to dick around looking for local fm stations that are out of range in an hour. At the shop I keep a high quality Bluetooth speaker in the top of my Gerstner chest and run he Sirius online through my phone....drive the kids in the shop nuts with jazz, classical, sixties and traditional country music. Come home at night, put my phone on the charger and tune whatever the wife wants for cocktails and dinner music. Love it.
Posted By: jnyork Re: XM Radio ????????? - 06/27/19
I really like it in my pickup. I can drive from Wyoming to Arizona and not miss a minute of Fox News. grin
© 24hourcampfire