Home
On GRIT TV

“Bend Of The River” at 7:00 pm

“Night Passage” at 9:00 pm with Audie Murphy
Outstanding. Have them both and just watch "Night Passage" two weeks ago.
Yes, Stewart was both a great actor, and an American hero flyer. As much as I enjoy John Wayne, Stewart was what Morrison was not as far as serving America at war.
Originally Posted by Ranger_Green
Outstanding. Have them both and just watch "Night Passage" two weeks ago.

It’s probably my second favorite Jimmy Stewart movie!
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
On GRIT TV

When I read the title, I guessed Winchester 73 and The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance.
Stewart was great in Westerns

Winchester '73
Bend of the River
The Far Country (which was very similar to Bend of the River)
Man from Laramie
The Naked Spur

and my favorite - Destry Rides Again

I'm sure there were more
Even though it’s not so much a Jimmy Stewart Movie, as much as it’s a John Wayne Movie, “The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance” is my favorite Jimmy Stewart Movie.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
On GRIT TV

When I read the title, I guessed Winchester 73 and The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance.

Those 2 were on last week
The Cheyenne Social Club was on earlier
GRIT TV shows some great ole Westerns!

Since I don’t have Cable or Satellite at the Ranch, it keeps me entertained.
Originally Posted by Tracks
The Cheyenne Social Club was on earlier

Yep. Another good one. With Henry Fonda and a young Shirley Jones.
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by wabigoon
[Linked Image]

He was a REAL life American Hero!
The story goes, he wore his own hat in all the westerns, and rode his own horse, Pie.
yea I had heard an interview with him where he always had the same horse
I might be getting too old, but, "who's gonna fill their shoes"?
Yes, Stewart was both a great actor, and an American hero flyer. As much as I enjoy John Wayne, Stewart was what Morrison was not as far as serving America at war.

Lots of reasons some did not serve in the military in WWII. My dad was 30 almost 31 with a wife and two kids and worked at Caterpillar. He did not serve and made top wages at a couple defense plants.

On Dec. 7, 1941 John Wayne was 34 years old, had a wife and 4 kids and a bad shoulder. He wrote letters trying to get in anyway. Several people have been blamed for his letters to volunteer not being accepted, including his wife and director John Ford
Several movie stars with the same problems did serve. But Wayne’s war time movies probably did more for the war effort than he could have done in service. He made at least 18 of them between 1941 and 1945.
Originally Posted by KFWA
yea I had heard an interview with him where he always had the same horse

Didn’t know that. Pretty cool trivia. Thanks!
How The West Was Won ,Steward was a trapper taking his beaver pelts in a canoe to sell.
Shenandoah was great.
Originally Posted by pete53
How The West Was Won ,Steward was a trapper taking his beaver pelts in a canoe to sell.

Yep. Went in the cave to see the “critter” and the gal stabbed him in the back and pushed him in the “hole”.

Great movie with tons of big stars!
I would like to find the clip of Stewart's horse in The Far Country walking with the bell on the saddle horn.
I liked him in S.A.C.
On GRIT TV

Both are great movies.

This is one of my favorite Jimmy Stewart movies.

Jimmy Stewart is my favorite actor. The guy was great in whatever role he took on. And by all accounts he was a great person in the real world also.
He's pretty good in the old radio show "The Six Shooter" from the early 50s. The whole series is online.
Rear window was a good one.
Originally Posted by WTF
He's pretty good in the old radio show "The Six Shooter" from the early 50s. The whole series is online.

XM radio... I still listen to them and did when a young guy.
A great American and a great entertainer. His movies always get the nod when I’m flipping through the channels.
Just finished watching Hondo on Prime. Never saw it before. Pretty good. One of the best John Wayne films I've seen.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Just finished watching Hondo on Prime. Never saw it before. Pretty good. One of the best John Wayne films I've seen.
Hondo was a Louis L'amour novel. The movie was pretty close to the novel. Certainly in my top 100 westerns of all time.

"Whatever wells of gentleness might lie within him were guarded and deep. "
I might be getting too old, but, "who's gonna fill their shoes"?

was that a Bill Anderson song? If so we are both getting pretty old.
© 24hourcampfire