Home
Posted By: stxhunter i knew. - 06/18/19
Posted By: Texczech Re: i knew. - 06/18/19
I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it.
Posted By: slumlord Re: i knew. - 06/18/19
What...no yamaha banshee 350 atv in the line up?

😄
Posted By: achadwick Re: i knew. - 06/18/19
No funny cars either.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: i knew. - 06/18/19
power to weight ratio, a powerful bike will almost always win in strait line acceleration, to a point.
Posted By: ol_mike Re: i knew. - 06/18/19
BS unless F-1 car has been SUPER DETUNED , years ago F-1 cars turned mid 7 second 1/4 mile times and aren't set up for drag racing .
Heavy 3500lb. 1000+ hp street cars will outrun H2 , hayabusa , s-1000 bwm .
I have a yamaha r-1 in the garage and have ridden and raced them for years although not as fast as the H-2 it's no slouch - but not even in the same realm as a REAL F-1 car .
Posted By: stxhunter Re: i knew. - 06/18/19
Originally Posted by ol_mike
BS unless F-1 car has been SUPER DETUNED , years ago F-1 cars turned mid 7 second 1/4 mile times and aren't set up for drag racing .
Heavy 3500lb. 1000+ hp street cars will outrun H2 , hayabusa , s-1000 bwm .
I have a yamaha r-1 in the garage and have ridden and raced them for years although not as fast as the H-2 it's no slouch - but not even in the same realm as a REAL F-1 car .

i said almost always.
Posted By: deflave Re: i knew. - 06/18/19
Originally Posted by stxhunter
power to weight ratio, a powerful bike will almost always win in strait line acceleration, to a point.

Outside of a top fuel dragster I don't know what could be an H2R.

But to be fair I don't think the H2R can be purchased. Then again I don't think an F16 can either.
Posted By: ol_mike Re: i knew. - 06/19/19
Roger , I wasn't saying BS to your comment [slow typer] - was saying I think the video is BS .

Listen to the F-1 car @ 1;20 second mark did he miss a gear 3-4 times ?
F-1 car out ahead on the start then gets passed by the grey street car in the far left lane ...?

Not trying to dispute or prove anybody wrong just saying a race tuned F-1 car is an ABSOLUTE MONSTER .
I've read about a motorcycle racer getting behind the wheel of a F-1 car with it turned down and the veteran racer said it scared the hell out of him . They showed the motorcycle racer his throttle imput and RPM range via laptop computer and he never held the car wide open nor revved it into the power curve . Said he couldn't see when it would start to rip and had no idea where to brake because the cars acceleration scrambled his brain . He had to be reminded that he slowed down to cruzing speed to try and gather his thoughts .
Kawasaki H-2 PERFORMANCE
1/4 MILE 9.62 sec. @ 152.01 mph
0-30 MPH 1.2 sec.
0-60 MPH 2.6 sec.
0-90 MPH 4.2 sec.
0-100 MPH 4.8 sec.
TOP GEAR TIME TO SPEED:
40-60 MPH 2.8 sec.
60-80 MPH 2.7 sec.
MEASURED TOP SPEED 183 mph
ENGINE SPEED @ 60 MPH 4098 rpm

Weight [empty tank] 501lbs.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

WORLD’S FASTEST CARS
Hennessey Venom F5 – 301 mph*
SSC Tuatara – 300+ mph*
Koenigsegg Agera RS – 278 mph
Hennessey Venom GT – 270 mph
Bugatti Veyron Super Sport – 268 mph
Bugatti Chiron – 261 mph

2019 Corvette ZR-1
Top-speed testing in Papenburg, Germany, produced a top track speed of 212 mph for the 2019 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1, making it the fastest production Corvette ever. The Corvette ZR1 Pace Car can accelerate from 0 to 60 mph in 2.85 seconds and reach a top track speed of 212 mph, the fastest Corvette in history.Apr 23, 2018

2014 - F-1 car 1,600lbs. , 750 wheel horsepower , in years past well over 1,000hp , top speed estimated at over 350mph .
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: i knew. - 06/19/19
Had a 1964 Datsun truck would go a little over 100 if you threw it out of a plane.
Posted By: deflave Re: i knew. - 06/19/19
Kawasaki H-2 PERFORMANCE
0-30 MPH 1.2 sec.
0-60 MPH 2.6 sec.
0-90 MPH 4.2 sec.
0-100 MPH 4.8 sec.
TOP GEAR TIME TO SPEED:
40-60 MPH 2.8 sec.
60-80 MPH 2.7 sec.

WORLD’S FASTEST CARS
SSC Tuatara – 300+ mph*
Bugatti Chiron – 261 mph

2019 Corvette ZR-1
Top-speed testing in Papenburg, Germany, produced a top track speed of 212 mph for the 2019 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1, making it the fastest production Corvette ever. The Corvette ZR1 Pace Car can accelerate from 0 to 60 mph in 2.85 seconds and reach a top track speed of 212 mph, the fastest Corvette in history.Apr 23, 2018

2014 - F-1 car 1,600lbs. , 750 wheel horsepower , in years past well over 1,000hp , top speed estimated at over 350mph .

I know it’s just a silly video but I believe they used an H2R which is the non-street legal version of the H2.

Red Bull has done similar videos in the past and came out on top so I don’t know that they’d throw a race for the sake of throwing a race.
Posted By: Jerryv Re: i knew. - 06/19/19
Originally Posted by stxhunter

Takes a pretty talented rider to get the best launch out of a bike though. Its not just pin it and go.

Jerry
Posted By: 7mmbuster Re: i knew. - 06/19/19
How far was that, a mile?
Top fuelers used to do 1/4 mile, but they shortened it to 1000 feet.
Wonder what would happen if you wound one out over a mile.
If the rate of acceleration was kept up over a mile, and nothing blew or otherwise killed you, you'd be flirting with Mach 2!
It'd take more chutes and shutdown track, that's for sure.
7mm
Posted By: stxhunter Re: i knew. - 06/19/19
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster
How far was that, a mile?
Top fuelers used to do 1/4 mile, but they shortened it to 1000 feet.
Wonder what would happen if you wound one out over a mile.
If the rate of acceleration was kept up over a mile, and nothing blew or otherwise killed you, you'd be flirting with Mach 2!
It'd take more chutes and shutdown track, that's for sure.
7mm

probably a 1/4
Posted By: wilkeshunter Re: i knew. - 06/19/19
Now we just need lots of those bikes with jackass riders polluting the roadways.
Posted By: Hudge Re: i knew. - 06/19/19
Since that was a Turkish F16, I wonder if an American one would have done any better. I say this as I work with Turks that were F16 Crew chiefs when they were military and they have told me that their maintenance is lacking on their jets compared to US ones. I'd say probably not, but would still be interesting.
Posted By: DHN Re: i knew. - 06/19/19
Not exactly apples to apples, but we get some quick cars on our local IHRA 1/8 mile strip. The official track record is 174mph, 4.01 seconds, but a guy brought up a jet car from Billings for a demonstration, he hit 240mph. I know you can't interpolate any of that to 1/4 mile, as resistance to acceleration gets exponentially greater
Posted By: navlav8r Re: i knew. - 06/19/19
In an F-4, we normally hit 175-180 knots off a 225 foot cat on the Midway depending on what ordnance we were carrying. Don’t know how that compares....
Originally Posted by deflave
Kawasaki H-2 PERFORMANCE
0-30 MPH 1.2 sec.
0-60 MPH 2.6 sec.
0-90 MPH 4.2 sec.
0-100 MPH 4.8 sec.
TOP GEAR TIME TO SPEED:
40-60 MPH 2.8 sec.
60-80 MPH 2.7 sec.

WORLD’S FASTEST CARS
SSC Tuatara – 300+ mph*
Bugatti Chiron – 261 mph

2019 Corvette ZR-1

I know it’s just a silly video but I believe they used an H2R which is the non-street legal version of the H2.

Red Bull has done similar videos in the past and came out on top so I don’t know that they’d throw a race for the sake of throwing a race.

Very little real world difference between the two models .
A F-1 car vs H2R - no comparison in performance .
The F-1 eased off the line and waited for the bike - all a put on or something wrong with the car . A Tesla - passing a F-1 car - laf .
Motorcycles are NOT aerodynamic like people would think .
There's an old school aero body thing known as a ''Dustbin Fairing'' it's an old fuel tank from WWII bombers , when the fuel in the tank was gone the plane jettison the tank to cut weight and drag . Old school Salt Flats racers bought the old tanks and fabbed motorcycle fairings out of them and added many MPH to the bikes .

A guy put a Dustbin Fairing on a yamaha R-6 600cc sportbike he was passing 1000cc bikes at Daytona -no problem - proof that motorcycles aren't aerodynamic . Over revving 6th gear bad - if he had taller gear he could have really blasted them .
F-1 car = extremely aerodynamic .

Lots of youtube video of GTR/Corvette/Lambo/Supra/GT Fords turbos racing stetched turbocharged Hyabusa's - cars win more often than not . Generalisation - a 1000HP car will out run any factory bike H2/H2R/hyabusa/ninja et.al.

What many bike racers seem to forget or not realise is if they get beside a car and behind a little bit - running in the 'bad air' coming off a car even if the bike is faster it can't fight through the bad air .
Like nascar 'get in line' or get left behind .
Originally Posted by navlav8r
In an F-4, we normally hit 175-180 knots off a 225 foot cat on the Midway depending on what ordnance we were carrying. Don’t know how that compares....

Steam catapult ?
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: i knew. - 06/19/19
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
Now we just need lots of those bikes with jackass riders polluting the roadways.

Why do you want them to crap on the roads?
© 24hourcampfire