Home
Posted By: jaguartx Navy Seal Commander on trial - 06/19/19
https://www.apnews.com/0bf3dc4fc6854025be154d0dc08a6c96

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/17/us/edward-gallagher-seal-war-crimes-trial.html
Not a commander, he is an enlisted Master Chief, been following this story for a while now and have mixed feelings on it.
Interesting.
Posted By: Gus Re: Navy Seal Commander on trial - 06/19/19
in a time of war one must do what is necessary.

given the makeup of the jury box, i'd hope he'll walk.

it's just that justice must be done, and hopefully the right jury has been picked.
We recruit these guys train them and send them in harm’s way. Then we prosecute them if they don’t play nice. They are supposed to seek out, and kill our enemies.
I saw a lengthy report on this on the new last night. Said the guy did 8 tours.
They said he had a captured teen age ISIS fighter, and killed him with a knife.
Said that, from his sniper's hideout, he shot a teen age girl, and an old man.

So hard to call justice on this one, from the safety of the states. Old men, and teen age girls are used by Muslims to plant bombs and kill Americans.
Stabbed a teen age captive? Is there video? Did the kid grab a knife and try to kill the SEAL? Are there eye witnesses?

I am sure that bad things happen in combat zones but, so hard to put judgement on a case like this.
There's nothing to try. He deserves another medal and try the ones that accused him instead.
He found enemy, killed enemy, pretty much all I need to know. The rest is political masturbation we just don't need.
Gve him a medal a free house, and an apology.
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Gve him a medal a free house, and an apology.

+100
Posted By: 44mc Re: Navy Seal Commander on trial - 06/20/19
imop I think they need to stop this bs . a man that made his mind up to fight &kill on our behalf should be fugg with ! ! ! the enemy has no rules our men should not have any
Posted By: 44mc Re: Navy Seal Commander on trial - 06/20/19
left out not beer mistake
I haven't followed it too closely but from what I've seen I'd say the guy is fugged.
The see-saw with his prosecution for this is what is sickening.

Back and forth, cleared then prosecuted.

Someone's got an axe to grind.
Guess I am a little different. Having served 22 years, I see his actions as an embarrassment to all service members. His defense is calling his Seal team mutinous. So he was the good guy and the rest of the team the bad guys???????

If he walks, it will be a slap in the face of all service members that chose to do the right thing day in and day out.
Posted By: RNF Re: Navy Seal Commander on trial - 06/20/19
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
The see-saw with his prosecution for this is what is sickening.

Back and forth, cleared then prosecuted.

Someone's got an axe to grind.

My thoughts also
An article about the alleged crimes.
The controversial war crimes trial of Navy SEAL Edward "Eddie" Gallagher is set to begin Monday after months of disputes between defense lawyers and military prosecutors that have reverberated all the way up to the White House.

Special Operations Chief Gallagher, 39, heads to a court-martial after pleading not guilty to premeditated murder and aggravated assault charges stemming from the alleged killing of a wounded ISIS terrorist and alleged instances of him intentionally firing sniper rounds at civilians in Iraq.

Jury selection begins Monday -- just weeks after a judge booted the military’s lead prosecutor from the case over unsanctioned tracking of the defense team's emails. As part of a remedy, the judge is letting Gallagher’s legal team reject two additional potential jurors without cause during the selection process, according to the Associated Press.

"Over the course of the trial we will expose the false narrative spread by these accusers for what it is… a smear campaign full of lies," read a post put up late last night on a Facebook page connected to his family. "Our team will show that the truth is not only our client’s best defense, but most importantly, that the truth proves SOC Gallagher’s innocence."

Navy Special Operations Chief Edward Gallagher leaves a military courtroom on Naval Base San Diego with his wife, Andrea Gallagher in San Diego.
Navy Special Operations Chief Edward Gallagher leaves a military courtroom on Naval Base San Diego with his wife, Andrea Gallagher in San Diego. (AP)

The months leading up to Monday's proceedings have been marked with disputes between defense lawyers and military prosecutors over the conditions of Gallagher’s pre-trial treatment. At one point, even President Trump got involved and tweeted Gallagher would be moved to “less restrictive confinement while he awaits his day in court.”

JUDGE REMOVES PROSECUTOR ACCUSED OF MISCONDUCT IN EDDIE GALLAGHER CASE

Gallagher was undergoing a medical screening at Camp Pendleton and was in the process of transitioning to a non-combat advisory role for the Navy SEALs when he was taken into custody in September 2018, his brother Sean said. Gallagher had planned to retire in the spring.

Throughout his 19 years of service, Gallagher earned the Bronze Star with V for Valor twice, a Meritorious Unit commendation and a trio of Navy and Marine Corps Achievement medals, among other recognitions and decorations.

He fought in Iraq and Afghanistan several times, reaching the status of what Sean Gallagher described as a “modern-day war hero.”

Throughout his 19 years of service, Gallagher earned the Bronze Star with V for Valor twice, a Meritorious Unit commendation, and a trio of Navy and Marine Corps Achievement medals, among other recognitions and decorations.
Throughout his 19 years of service, Gallagher earned the Bronze Star with V for Valor twice, a Meritorious Unit commendation, and a trio of Navy and Marine Corps Achievement medals, among other recognitions and decorations. (Courtesy Sean Gallagher)
GALLAGHER’S WIFE SAYS SHE, CHILDREN ‘HAD A GOOD, LONG CRY’ AFTER HUSBAND’S PRE-TRIAL RELEASE

It was during Gallagher’s final combat deployment, in 2017, that he's alleged to have committed war crimes. The Naval Criminal Investigative Service launched an investigation into Gallagher in April 2018.

Investigators allege that, while a teen ISIS fighter was receiving medical treatment from SEAL medics, Gallagher walked up and stabbed him in his neck and side with a knife, killing the terrorist. Then, they say, he posed for photographs with the fighter’s body, holding his head in one hand and his blade in the other.

Those allegations have been called into question, however, by top Iraqi military officials. Gallagher’s legal team, the Associated Press reported, also plans to call in fellow SEALS during the trial to testify about what happened during that pivotal 2017 deployment.

Sean Gallagher, right, says he believes his brother has been falsely accused and is calling on President Trump for help. “We are really thankful that this time in history we have a president that we are hoping can come to our assistance that would look at the grievous nature of his treatment of the abuse of power by NCIS and prosecutors and come to our aid," he said in a past interview with 'Fox & Friends'.
Sean Gallagher, right, says he believes his brother has been falsely accused and is calling on President Trump for help. “We are really thankful that this time in history we have a president that we are hoping can come to our assistance that would look at the grievous nature of his treatment of the abuse of power by NCIS and prosecutors and come to our aid," he said in a past interview with 'Fox & Friends'. (Courtesy Sean Gallagher)
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

Multiple people close to Gallagher have described him as being hard on his men. Last year, Sean Gallagher suggested his brother may be in his current legal predicament due to a "few malcontents of guys" alongside him overseas "that didn’t like being reprimanded for not wanting to engage in combat.”

“My brother has been eager for a long, long time now to clear his name and actually have witnesses come and testify on his behalf,” he previously told "Fox & Friends."

Originally Posted by Daveinjax

Multiple people close to Gallagher have described him as being hard on his men. Last year, Sean Gallagher suggested his brother may be in his current legal predicament due to a "few malcontents of guys" alongside him overseas "that didn’t like being reprimanded for not wanting to engage in combat.”

It seems like a bit of a stretch to bridge the gap between not liking your boss and accusing him of three murders.
Problem is, there are a bunch of obviously scapegoated guys in the brig for guys doing the right thing and protecting their men and persecuted by Zeros anti military jag.
Originally Posted by scoony
Guess I am a little different. Having served 22 years, I see his actions as an embarrassment to all service members.
\
His defense is calling his Seal team mutinous. So he was the good guy and the rest of the team the bad guys???????

I do wonder what a jury would think is 'more probable' regarding Gallagher and his team members

That he was one good apple in barrel of bad ones, or one bad apple in a barrel of good ones?

Another article I tried to copy and paste but it wouldn’t copy so a link.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.br...allagher-wife-brother-cookie-butter/amp/
Originally Posted by scoony
Guess I am a little different. Having served 22 years, I see his actions as an embarrassment to all service members. His defense is calling his Seal team mutinous. So he was the good guy and the rest of the team the bad guys???????

If he walks, it will be a slap in the face of all service members that chose to do the right thing day in and day out.

It appears you haven't been following the story at all.....................
It seems to me Zeros jag sacrificed this guy to appease Morsi.

Sean Hannity has asked Trump to pardon Gallegher and Lorance iirc.

https://www.stripes.com/news/trump-...cer-convicted-of-afghan-murders-1.452228
Another article I tried to copy and paste but it wouldn’t copy so a link.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.br...allagher-wife-brother-cookie-butter/amp/

Speculation-conjecture put forward by the accused persons wife and brother?

great for internet gossip and social media outrage .. would a jury be taking much if any notice of such
or rather what's presented through confidential military channel investigation findings?
I know someone who served with Gallagher and he said he was hardcore but he liked serving with him. My friend is hardcore himself and is medically retired with full benefits. My friend can’t remember exactly how many times he was blown up but he’s riddled with shrapnel and had to be sewn back together a couple of times. Friend was EOD attached to seal teams. He agrees that there were more than a few young pussies in the teams that had no business being a seal. It was tough duty and the stuff that’s being prosecuted is a drop in the bucket of what went on. There’s a line from an old war movie that went something like “charging someone with murder in war is like handing out speeding tickets at the Indianapolis 500”.
Better to turn free a hundred guilty men than to hang one innocent one.
Unless someone intentionally kills civilians, I just don’t think there is an issue. I really don’t care how the military kills enemy combatants, as long as they do it well. Some people need to be dead, I won’t second guess someone in combat zone.
I'd rather see Hillary fighting for her freedom.
I don’t know what happened but I’m inclined to believe that he should be tried and if found guilty immediately pardoned. I can’t think of any raghead that has ANY value to mankind. Islam is wholly incompatible with any and all civilized societies so therefore it’s no different than stepping on a cockroach, except cockroaches serve a purpose. We send our finest into the ass-hole of the world and then we destroy them if they get chit on themselves. Ragheads have no regard for human life so therefore we should have no regard for their lives. They should be celebrating the fact that they were sent to paradise.
Posted By: WAM Re: Navy Seal Commander on trial - 06/20/19
I’d rather see Hillary on the gallows.

Having served 23 years, 5 months, and 21 days of which 3 years was in spec ops and all but 4 years in warfare jobs; I have mixed feelings about Master Chief Gallagher. Unless there are significant corroborated accounts of egregious behavior, he should be given the benefit of the doubt. Bad things happen in combat that can’t always be rationalized after the fact. Innocent until proven guilty.
As George Orwell pointed out, people sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. Wasnn't there a term Fragging in Vietnam they did a lot more than just accuse an officer they didn't like...
All the reading and interviews I have followed pointed to charging the jag goons and giving Gallagher another medal and a full pension.
I know someone who served with Gallagher and he said he was hardcore but he liked serving with him.
My friend is hardcore himself ..

can you elaborate on whats meant by hardcore..?

Chris Kyle , was he hardcore or leaning more toward pussy?..I recall he told his readers that he hesitated /passed on shooting
what some would perceive as islamic terrorists well worthy of elimination.

.. Friend was EOD attached to seal teams. He agrees that there were more than a few young pussies in the teams
that had no business being a seal...

USSOCOM allows qualified pussies to be part of SEAL teams and go on deployment,.. how long has this lack of stringent selection
been going on?
If the problem is real, then surely it also pervades Delta Force, Green Berets, Rangers, Air Force and USMC Special Ops members?
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
All the reading and interviews I have followed pointed to charging the jag goons and giving Gallagher another medal and a full pension.

This is how I feel also.
Originally Posted by Starman
I know someone who served with Gallagher and he said he was hardcore but he liked serving with him.
My friend is hardcore himself ..

can you elaborate on whats meant by hardcore..?

Chris Kyle , was he hardcore or leaning more toward pussie?..I recall he told his readers that he hesitated /passed on shooting
what some would perceive as islamic terrorists well worthy of elimination.

.. Friend was EOD attached to seal teams. He agrees that there were more than a few young pussies in the teams
that had no business being a seal...

USSOCOM allows qualified pussies to be part of SEAL teams and go on deployment,.. how long has this lack of stringent selection
been going on?

Hardcore is training to the maximum not the minimum and carrying out mission to the maximum not the minimum. The standards were “relaxed” due to the demand for special operations units. There’s just not enough really great special operations recruits to meet the demand. The mental toughness and drive needed is possessed by few.

This is how I feel also.

I agree with you both. I think it's crap, what's happening to this warrior. It was tough enough working under the constraints Obongo had in place. God bless him for doing what the majority of Americans, wouldn't or couldn't.

USSOCOM was so desperate to fill a quota of S.O. operatives that they began accepting, graduating and deploying pussies?

or is that view limited to the personal perspectives of the ultra hardcore types?

In what ways were the requirements 'relaxed' during the selection and qualification processes?
Originally Posted by Cariboujack

This is how I feel also.

I agree with you both. I think it's crap, what's happening to this warrior. It was tough enough working under the constraints Obongo had in place. God bless him for doing what the majority of Americans, wouldn't or couldn't.

For sure. Why the hell are we there? Truth: Gutlie Rothschild said, "If my boys wanted no wars, there would be none."
McLame knew why we are there.
They even sent some guys from California that were scared of shooting a pistol.

They had been in at least 4 years and had never fired one.

When my Son was a training officer he regularly sent folks packing because they were endangering others and this is when training.

He took his job seriously.
I don't know what happened, he does. If he can live with it I sure can!
If what I have heard and read is true, this case is as big a scandal as the illegality surrounding Hillary, Comey McCabe, Strzok, Paige, Brennan, Clapper, Lynch, et al..
Originally Posted by Starman

USSOCOM was so desperate to fill a quota of S.O. operatives that they began accepting pussies?

or is that view limited to the personal perspectives of the ultra hardcore types?

In what ways were the requirements 'relaxed' during the selection and qualification processes?

Pussies is a relative term. The seal version of a pussy is the best of the rest. Relaxation of the standards is informal.

Pussies is a relative term. The seal version of a pussy is the best of the rest.

so his defence team will be arguing he is a victim of a vendetta organized by all those other pussy SEALs.

Relaxation of the standards is informal.

mY question was in what ways were selection and qualification stds relaxed, be it formally or informally.

look don't worry, Ill try the Breitbart gossip reports, maybe Gallaghers wife knows and has done an exclusive tell all
of the glaring flaws in USSOCOM.
Originally Posted by RufusG

It seems like a bit of a stretch to bridge the gap between not liking your boss and accusing him of three murders.

Not really.

How many officers were Fragged by their men during Vietnam?
If what I have heard and read is true, this case is as big a scandal as the illegality surrounding Hillary, Comey McCabe, Strzok, Paige, Brennan, Clapper, Lynch, et al..

Which is what Zero wanted.
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by RufusG

Not really.

How many officers were Fragged by their men during Vietnam?

No idea. How many officers were accused by their men of committing three murders?
No selection or training process is perfect in getting rid of guys who don't belong.

Some units do a better job of getting rid of guys who for whatever reason can't hack it.

Ranger Regiment kicks guys out all the time. I served with several guys who got booted from Ranger Regiment for one reason or another. It is supposed to be a fairly easy process too from what I understand, because they are mostly 11 series so it's just a matter of cutting orders. All of them had the Ranger Tab which is a fairly grueling course from what I understand.

I knew a handful of guys who served in CAG either as Assaulters or Support and were sent back to Group for one reason or another. These guys are very tight lipped about anything having to do with the unit. The NDA must have some major teeth to it.

I knew four guys who had their SF Tab pulled for stepping on their crank. Pulling a SF Tab is harder than it should be in my opinion.

A SF Captain I know hid behind the HMMWV and wouldn't even talk on the radio when the bullets started flying. After that he did everything he could to avoid going outside the wire. The Team Sergeant had to switch the vehicle crews around because his original driver and gunner hated him for that episode of cowardice.

John Plaster talked about a guy in one of his books who was great in training, but as soon as he got to Vietnam he did everything he could to avoid combat so it isn't a new thing either.
You know, not everyone understands all the acronyms getting thrown around here.
He killed a wounded combatant who was in repose. The combat was over. He stabbed the guy to death while he was awaiting medical treatment and after specifically ordering the POW be brought to him. I have a friend whose father was one of four POW's who escaped the Germans in WWII when a contingent of German soldiers drove them out to a field to be shot. One of the POW's figured out what was about to happen and they overpowered and killed their German guards and got away. If it was okay for this SEAL to murder this wounded combatant, then doesn't it follows that it was also okay for these German soldiers to machine gun their American POW?. Wouldn't it also logically follow that Japanese atrocities committed against American troops are okay too? This was not a killing done in the heat of passion following an enemy ambush in which he lost his best friend, it was premeditated murder. I do think, however, that his years of meritorious service should substantially mitigate his sentence. He deserves prison time and to be stripped of rank and retirement, but not life in prison.
Quit making sense.

Additionally unnecessary killing violates the moral just war argument which the U.S. relies on and by which it judges other nations.
Originally Posted by Tarquin
He killed a wounded combatant who was in repose. .... If it was okay for this SEAL to murder this wounded combatant,
then doesn't it follows that it was also okay for these German soldiers to machine gun their American POW?

Just like the anti-Axis partizans in WW2, todays current crop of islamic fighters can be considered unlawful combatants
or unlawful belligerents not covered under the articles of war applying to legal combatant sovereign forces.
Did the Nazis face post war trial for their ruthless approach to partizans?

the US gov flip-flops and shifts on how it views non lawful combatant islamic fighters, they can consider them 'detainees'
rather than POW, but say they want to try them under military tribunal law applicable to legal combatants..yet deny them the
legal defence available to legal combatants. ..yet the Gov.can also agree [to treat] those captured according to the standards
set forth in the Geneva Conventions while still maintaining its position that they are "detainees" rather than POW....yet the
attacks of 911 were labelled 'Acts of War.' by gov.....'acts of war' term is normally reserved for actions conducted by legal combatants
of a sovereign nation eg; Germany WW2.

https://www.uio.no/studier/emner/ju...undervisningsmateriale/ingrid_detter.pdf

https://scholarship.law.cornell.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1507&context=cilj

Turkey likes to view 'freedom fighter' Kurds as unlawful combatants and even terrorists, yet US does consider Kurds as 'friends'
and don't necessarily agree with the brutal campaign and treatment met to such Kurds by Turkey.

the Trump admin. is currently continuing negotiations to legitimise the Taliban as a recognized political entity in Afghanistan,
so is it possible the actions of the Taliban [long considered an insurgency].. may come to be covered under the Articles of war
as a legitimate sovereign force ..and as such would be considered legal status POW in the event of capture?

In regards to the allegations put against Gallagher, we don't know who if anyone is telling the complete truth.
and I don't know how anyone who has followed the story closely[ via media reports] can know or be privy to
important confidential details pertaining to the case, allowing them to make a sound judgement either way.
People with an alleged vendetta can build a certain picture, and a person under the criminal charges Gallagher is under ,
can in sheer desperation surmount a defence argument that itself can be filled with fabrication and distortions.

They maybe pussies who are 'out to get him' like some claim, or he may be a cutthroat mercenary parading in US uniform.
or the distinct possibility that the truth is somewhere between the two... I don't see it as something which the CF is capable
of properly judging and deciding.
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
I haven't followed it too closely but from what I've seen I'd say the guy is fugged.

It depends on the jury. If I were on it (and just from what has been made public) I would acquit, even though he's probably guilty. Why? because we've ROUTINELY killed prisoners is all the wars we've fought. We made a big deal about Malmedy, yet we did similar things to the krauts and japs, not to mention gooks, Zips, etc. I would also end his career with a bad evaluation and send him to count paper clips whilst his paperwork was processed. He's one of those guys that has gone over the edge (if the evidence is there). I'm not buying the defense argument that his underlings are "out to get him" by hanging a murder wrap on him. Besides, the "victim' was a terrorist and us such not subject to the Geneva protocols (which the US has not signed onto) and they all need to die.
jorge, I'm not sure I get your point, so murder is no big deal because it happened before? I think to be credible as a nation we need to develop standards based on a sound ideology and stick to it. Even where the victim is someone we'd all, or many of us, would like to stab to death.

Sure the facts are at issue, that's why we have courts martial. But what should be the law , and why, is always open for debate.
No, it is a big deal as a stand alone offense, but there can be in my opinion HUGE mitigating circumstances like for example when the japs used women and children (and the ragheads have done so as well) in order to get close to our guys to kill them. Those SEAL and other Special Ops guys worked in a hard, dark and dangerous world and if for example, that "victim" had been a known killer of our guys (I don't know I'm just speculating), it's just a tough call. Still, in that environment, I would have to have impeccably pristine and damming evidence in order for me to convict and so far, I'm not seeing it.
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
He found enemy, killed enemy, pretty much all I need to know. The rest is political masturbation we just don't need.

<<< THIS!!! >>>
I must agree with jorgeI.
Originally Posted by jorgeI
...but there can be in my opinion HUGE mitigating circumstances...

Oh yeah , but you have to hold on to the principle. May be still true, but every leadership course used to have the hypothetical, you have an enemy prisoner. He has information that would wipe out most of your squad/platoon/company and he won't talk. How far do you go to save the lives of your subordinates? Taken seriously it's a hard question. But laws and command structure exist for good reasons.
They also said they could convict someone in the killing of a member of the Islamic State and in the case where no body was recovered. The prisoner’s corpse was never found.
Convict an American Seal for killing an ISIS savage? They must only have lieberal demoncraps on that panel. I'd be OK if he killed THEM!
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
We recruit these guys train them and send them in harm’s way. Then we prosecute them if they don’t play nice. They are supposed to seek out our enemies, wave rainbow flags, do pom pom routines, and hand out candy and flowers.

fixt
I do know that if they convict Gallagher our SEAL teams will become less effective. This dog and pony show will have already made the best less aggressive.

I have a problem when people wait a year or more to report a crime. Makes the claim dubious
Originally Posted by nighthawk
...but there can be in my opinion HUGE mitigating circumstances...

Oh yeah , but you have to hold on to the principle. May be still true, but every leadership course used to have the hypothetical, you have an enemy prisoner. He has information that would wipe out most of your squad/platoon/company and he won't talk. How far do you go to save the lives of your subordinates? Taken seriously it's a hard question. But laws and command structure exist for good reasons.

1. He is not an enemy prisoner, so there goes most of the written, albeit not moral argument
2. None of us have enough information to render a fair opinion I think, but based on what I read and my experience, my original comment stands.
I do know that if they convict Gallagher our SEAL teams will become less effective. This dog and pony show will have already made the best less aggressive.

Good point.

These guys are hammers, and to a hammer, every enemy combatant is a nail.

We damned sure trained them to kill enemy combatants. Let 'em do their jobs. Quit picking nits.
Who all are hammers? All armed forces or just Seals? Do they have the double O license?

How about a specialer name? Einsatzgruppen has a ring to it, wouldn't you say?

An eye witness to the stabbing has testified.
Originally Posted by 5thShock
Who all are hammers? All armed forces or just Seals? Do they have the double O license?

You obviously never stared down that hell hole and neither you or anybody here have all the facts, let alone being there. What they government must prove, is he stabbed him to death for no other reason than to watch him die. if he's found guilty, then that's what it is...

And recanted.

“But officers from his unit, SEAL team 7, waited so long to report the alleged war crimes — nearly a year after they took place — that by the time an investigation was begun, much of the physical evidence was gone.

“There is no crime scene, they don’t have any bodies, and they can’t determine a cause of death,” said Patrick Korody, a former Navy prosecutor who has been tracking the case. “This case is going to come down to witnesses, and witness cases in this day and age are some of the weakest.”

Complicating matters further, the lead prosecutor was removed from the case two weeks ago after complaints from the defense about attempts to improperly track their communications, leaving the new lead prosecutor little time to prepare for trial.”

“According to an interview summary, Petty Officer Second Class Ivan Villanueva, the most junior SEAL in the platoon, told investigators he had been right next to Chief Gallagher when the chief stabbed the wounded fighter without provocation, and had been “shocked and surprised when the incident occurred.”

But Petty Officer Villanueva will not testify to that in court, according to Chris Ramirez, a lawyer representing him. In a written statement, Mr. Ramirez said, “Our client does not have any evidence supporting the allegations against Chief Gallagher and will testify accordingly.””

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/17/us/edward-gallagher-seal-war-crimes-trial.html
"But Petty Officer Villanueva will not testify to that in court, according to Chris Ramirez, a lawyer representing him. In a written statement, Mr. Ramirez said, “Our client does not have any evidence supporting the allegations against Chief Gallagher and will testify accordingly.””

Why was I not informed about this?
"But Petty Officer Villanueva will not testify to that in court, according to Chris Ramirez, a lawyer representing him. In a written statement, Mr. Ramirez said, “Our client does not have any evidence supporting the allegations against Chief Gallagher and will testify accordingly.””

Why was I not informed about this?

You can read, correct?

“Evidence at hearings last month showed an intelligence specialist from Naval Criminal Investigative Service conducted criminal background checks on three of Gallagher’s civilian lawyers and a Navy Times journalist who has broken several stories based on documents that are only to be shared among lawyers in the case.

Prosecutors downplayed the effort to find the source of news leaks, saying it only gathered data, such as internet protocol addresses, and did not snoop on the content of emails. The government said the investigation did not find who leaked the documents.

Gallagher’s family maintains he cannot get a fair trial. “The court’s ruling, recognizing a direct violation of Chief Gallagher’s constitutional rights but not dismissing the case, sends a chilling message to every man and woman in uniform,” his family said in a statement.

The prosecution also tracked emails of the lawyers of Gallagher’s commanding officer, Lt. Jacob Portier, who faces charges of conduct unbecoming an officer after being accused of conducting Gallagher’s re-enlistment ceremony next to the Islamic State militant’s corpse.”

https://www.apnews.com/0bf3dc4fc6854025be154d0dc08a6c96
I don't care what he did, they have declared war on the west and that dude got his war in spades. Boohoo for him, yay for us. Play stupid games win stupid prizes.

I learned raising kids that some kids respond to talk and kindness, some don't and require a larger hammer. Some never get "it" no matter what. Each requires their own brand of upbringing. Same situation here. These clowns want to chant death to America then bring it on. We can't have a universal set of "rules" when it comes to war.

If we wanted to overthrow Canada we'd call them names until they surrendered. If you want to defeat ISIS you kill every one of them stinking camel humpers for the next ten generations until there's not one left.

I say give the man a medal.
Posted By: Hudge Re: Navy Seal Commander on trial - 06/20/19
I wasn't there, nor do I know what happened, but I have been following this trial a little. I do think a year of waiting before reporting the crime is BS, and I do think maybe someone has an axe to grind against Chief Gallagher. I just know I served as a bailiff for a Court Martial three years ago, and I lost a crap ton of respect for JAGs. The court martial was for a guy that had molested his step-daughter. Before the trial even started, the guy plead out. When I got there and the hearing started, the judge said a plea deal had taken place, but the victim and her friend still had to testify. It was heart breaking watching those two 12 year old girls testify, and during recess I had to report to the judge's chambers. We talked a little bit, and I told him I would like to have knocked the crap out of the JAG for insisting the girls testify after a plea had already been done. The judge told me the reason behind it, but I still didn't agree nor did my opinion matter.
I don't know, shooting little girls just doesn't seem SEAL like to me or shooting an old man walking down the street they say was not a threat doesn't seem SEAL like either. And why kill an enemy combatant if he's been put out of commision and isn't a threat to anyone? Taking pictures with the dead and bragging about it seems a bit over the top IMO as well. That said, without any proof I don't know how they are going to find the guy guilty of any of those charges but there seems to be plenty of proof that he was playing the game by his own rules and that is troublesome.

I believe Jorge's take is pretty much spot on.
Posted By: Huntz Re: Navy Seal Commander on trial - 06/20/19
I do not know what really happened.Nobody here does.I am tired of our Military's hands being tied behind their back because of bullchit Rules of Engagement.Most of these rules are from some asswhole who has never seen combat.These men are fighting an enemy that cannot be identified by age,sex or wearing of a uniform.We are sending men to war and hobbling them.I really could give FF how the enemy gets killed.Its war and people die.In WWII and Korea it was not uncommon for no prisoners to be taken on both sides.Ones that were not killed were taken for intelligence reasons.War with rules is outright foolish.People die in wars.If you want to stop that ,make the POLITICIANS fight our wars instead of making the ordinary man put his life on the line.They need to let this guy go and fogetaboutit!!!JMHO,Huntz
Originally Posted by CEJ1895

<<< THIS!!! >>>

The Japanese in WWII and the Nazis would have loved you!
Originally Posted by Huntz
I do not know what really happened.Nobody here does.I am tired of our Military's hands being tied behind their back because of bullchit Rules of Engagement.Most of these rules are from some asswhole who has never seen combat.These men are fighting an enemy that cannot be identified by age,sex or wearing of a uniform.We are sending men to war and hobbling them.I really could give FF how the enemy gets killed.Its war and people die.In WWII and Korea it was not uncommon for no prisoners to be taken on both sides.Ones that were not killed were taken for intelligence reasons.War with rules is outright foolish.People die in wars.If you want to stop that ,make the POLITICIANS fight our wars instead of making the ordinary man put his life on the line.They need to let this guy go and fogetaboutit!!!JMHO,Huntz

This killing does not implicate the rules of engagement. The prisoner was captured and wounded. The combat was over.

This killing does not implicate the rules of engagement. The prisoner was captured and wounded. The combat was over.

Don't care.
Hope he gets a fair trial
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Hope he gets a fair trial

Winner, winner,.....
I wasn't there and I am sure the facts are very limited to regular folk so I am in no rush to judge Eddie. I will offer some insight from my experience.
1. We have no ideas what his orders were or who he was working for. Catch and kill is exactly that. Not catch and take, not catch and smack around a little bit. There is to be no taking of prisoners. Some people have a hard time swallowing that fact and it isn't always just punching someones ticket who is trying to kill you. Most times when it gets to that, the target is often remorseful and pleading for his/her life. The mission doesn't change. Sometimes you can't take prisoners. They slow down a unit, and reduce unit effectiveness. You can't leave them behind you so they can tell the world you are coming. Nobody wants to fight a fair fight and if I am coming for you, I want it to be the surprise of your very short life.

2.Shooting an unarmed civilians is certainly no crime that I am aware of. Did he kill and civilians? What were the circumstances? Was he is a LP/OP (listening/observation post) or "Hide" and was about to be blown if he didn't take action? Perfectly acceptable to take anyone's life in that case. You might not like it, but if you were in the shooters shoes, getting your LP blown and having to fight a whole village versus taking a n innocent life is an easy decision. Historic reference - An Army SF shooter and spotter in the first Gulf War was about to be blown by a very young girl. They popped her and pulled her into their hide to continue on their mission. Why the public was ever made aware of this I will never know.

3.Heard he was shooting at them? Sounds like he was firing directing shots. Maybe they were walking up on his team and he just wanted to turn them around and shot a wall or the ground in front of them? If you are a sniper, you are paid to hit your target. In fact, your ability to consistently hit your target in atrocious conditions is how you become a sniper and missing civilians would be unheard of.

4. The SEAL teams have become plagued with guys who are just there to prove themselves and get a check in the box for when they get out. Oh they are very fit but have no intention of getting in the muck.They want the training and the notoriety and then want to do their 6 years and go make the real money. Honest to God Operators are becoming far and few between and the older ones are beat the hell up.

5.I used to work with a guy named Ted, he made a name for himself sniping looters in Panama. In his mind he was a hard sonofabitch. He wasn't well received and liked even less. Karma caught up with Ted. He jumped a newly made C-17 flight to Lakehurst, NJ and on the descent, the plane didn't depressurize. The aircrew couldn't get the hatch to release and Ted being the bad MF'er he was, reefed on the handled and the rapid depression blew Ted and a 500 pound hatch 100 feet across the tarmac resulting in the release of Teds mortal coil. People had made songs about Teds death in absolute glee.Moral of the story is Ted was legally entitled in shooting unarmed civilians looting but God must have taken offense and evened up.

Just some of my musings and why I am never quick to judge. I think if their was a problem it should have been handled in house and if a Team mate reported him to NCIS and ever goes as far as to testify against him, that person would be a sorry excuse and most likely spend the rest of his life regretting he ever got that box checked.
Originally Posted by CEJ1895

<<< THIS!!! >>>

The Japanese in WWII and the Nazis would have loved you!

You obviously haven't read much history...
oops.....

New evidence..

link
oops.....

New evidence..

link

Is Perry Mason his attorney?
oops.....

New evidence..

link

Kinda hard to be convicted of a murder someone else is admitting to.
Originally Posted by JSTUART

Don't care.

So you have no problem with murder. Glad we got that out of the way. crazy
oops.....

New evidence..

link

So they drop all charges? Try the other guy and he can say he lied when he claimed he killed him.
Originally Posted by Toddly
oops.....

New evidence..

link

So they drop all charges? Try the other guy and he can say he lied when he claimed he killed him.

To many opposing witnesses. Can't drop it, have to give it to the jury.
Originally Posted by Toddly
oops.....

New evidence..

link

I believe the guy that testified he killed the combatant in question has immunity.
Yeah, and he contradicted previous testimony under oath. Doesn't say much for his credibility. Will be interesting to see what the prosecution can come up with in the next several days about that.
Yeah, and he contradicted previous testimony under oath. Doesn't say much for his credibility. Will be interesting to see what the prosecution can come up with in the next several days about that.
He didn't conradict previous testimony, he said he saw Gallagher stab him but said nothing about him dying from the wound so technically he didn't lie about it. Question is, could they have saved the guy from bleeding out or not? Scott finished him off so we will probably never know.
Look at the investigations into the 101st/327th 1st Bat (Tigers) following the Vietnam war.

Sounds. Like a Perry Mason cross
Originally Posted by jwp475

Sounds. Like a Perry Mason cross

I love Perry Mason, watch it every night at 10:30.

Great show!
Originally Posted by Fireball2
I'd rather see Hillary fighting for her AIR.

No, it is a big deal as a stand alone offense, but there can be in my opinion HUGE mitigating circumstances like for example when the japs used women and children (and the ragheads have done so as well) in order to get close to our guys to kill them. Those SEAL and other Special Ops guys worked in a hard, dark and dangerous world and if for example, that "victim" had been a known killer of our guys (I don't know I'm just speculating), it's just a tough call. Still, in that environment, I would have to have impeccably pristine and damming evidence in order for me to convict and so far, I'm not seeing it.

This^^^.

Maybe we should reevaluate the circumstances in which we have our men risk their lives. Maybe that should happen only in the direst of national emergency.

Maybe we should use a glass earth policy to get our point across to our enemy instead of getting our guys dead.
oops.....

New evidence..

link

Hahaha. I heard that on Hannity radio. TFF.
Well golly. That latest revelation certainly puts a new paint job on things.
Posted By: Huntz Re: Navy Seal Commander on trial - 06/21/19
Originally Posted by Huntz

What about all the civilians killed in Germany and Japan by firebombing.Should the USA and UK be held responsible for their deaths?Maybe thats how wars used to be fought with the intention of winning.Did you read what I said about taking no prisoners as a common thing in wars?What do you suppose happened to the ones who surrendered and the soldiers had no time to deal with them.It is collateral damage regardless of when they die.Or maybe you like the idea of not fighting to win??

I agree, it's obvious that the jag goons, are Obama anti military, or maybe go so far as to be soft on ISIS. Give Gallagher another medal and a full pension and hang the jag offs. It's pathetic the way Gallagher has been treated. If there was a case why did it take a year for this to come out??? There is little to no evidence at this point, and eye witnesses are notoriously shakey, and now one of them admitted to killing the young man himself, and it wasn't a result of being stabbed. Gallagher was the one that was trying to save the young man so he could get more information, what's the point in killing him???

The prisoner was captured and wounded. The combat was over.

Don't care.

I sure as hell do. Not killing prisoners of war without trial is what separates us from the savages the likes of which our boys have been at war with for decades now. Ironic to me that many decades on now, the evils/atrocities/war crimes committed in WWII against our men and our allies by the Japanese, Germans and others still gets folks upset--which they have every right to-- but there is a double standard when it comes to any of our troops committing the same kinds of acts.

I believe we must as a nation abide by the rules that we've set for ourselves, including in combat zones. Killing every single enemy combatant who would take arms up against our troops would please me no end, but killing prisoners and non-combatants, raping women, abusing children and behavior of that sort is what *they* do. I believe we as a nation need to be held to a higher standard, as we are better than that, and most certainly worlds better than *them*.

Last thought: correct me if I'm wrong JStuart, but I want to say I recall your writing once that you had a relative who in WWII was captured and subsequently executed by the Japanese. If it was someone else forgive me, but it seems to me that is more than a bit hypocritical to get upset about that and at the same time not care if our troops do exactly the same thing...

Originally Posted by Gus
in a time of war one must do what is necessary.

given the makeup of the jury box, i'd hope he'll walk.

it's just that justice must be done, and hopefully the right jury has been picked.

yes
That is quite a plot twist.
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
[

I sure as hell do. Not killing prisoners of war without trial is what separates us from the savages t

What part of they are not POWs do you fail to grasp. And for the record, we did this to both german and japanese POWs during WWII, same for Vietnam and Korea, with the japanese being particularly vicious, especially after feigning surrender, only to get close to our guys and try and kill them, or using women and children as shields, kinda like what these savages do now. And besides, testimony yesterday , pretty much exonerated the guy. Read my first post if you're interested in a perspective from one who's been involved in similar CMs in the past.
Is a SEAL Commander on trial too?
Thought this case was about a Chief--
We train these guys and send them off to bad places to do bad things to bad people.

So, why are we shocked when they do the things we sent them to do??
He is not a Master Chief-- he is a Chief.

The Florida Governor, Ron DeSantis was a JAG lawyer who was assigned to a SEAL team in the Mid East.

Why in hell does a SEAL team need a lawyer??
Originally Posted by TBREW401

The Florida Governor, Ron DeSantis was a JAG lawyer who was assigned to a SEAL team in the Mid East.

Because that is how we fight wars today. A brief "sea story". Way back when we first went into Afghanistan and way before the Iraq mess, we received actionable intelligence the Bin Laden and his # 2 were in a convoy up in the Pashtun area. Armed drones had a targeting solution and relayed to the the area commander and CENTCOM. A Navy 06 Jag (part of the "team" at the NMCC), threw a wrench in the works citing ROE issues. By the time the stupid C U N T was overruled, we missed the opportunity (this was out in the press years ago). That answer your question? This is the reason as to why we NEVER win anymore and why going to an all out war with ANYBODY is a mistake. We've lost our balls.

Because that is how we fight wars today. A brief "sea story". Way back when we first went into Afghanistan and way before the Iraq mess, we received actionable intelligence the Bin Laden and his # 2 were in a convoy up in the Pashtun area. Armed drones had a targeting solution and relayed to the the area commander and CENTCOM. A Navy 06 Jag (part of the "team" at the NMCC), threw a wrench in the works citing ROE issues. By the time the stupid C U N T was overruled, we missed the opportunity (this was out in the press years ago). That answer your question? This is the reason as to why we NEVER win anymore and why going to an all out war with ANYBODY is a mistake. We've lost our balls.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The Prisoner wasn’t a lawful combatant and wasn’t even our prisoner. He was a prisoner of the Iraqi army and had been in their custody for a couple hours being questioned. The seal team was only providing care so they could question him also before the Iraqis took him back and would have killed him. The entire charge of murder is a terrible joke. No matter what the terrorist was going to be killed within minutes. Either we did it or the Iraqis were going to do it. We don’t keep prisoners the Iraqis did and they kill most all of them.
Is a SEAL Commander on trial too?
Thought this case was about a Chief--

One outlet was touting him as a seal commander. Dayomned if you do, .....
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
Yeah, and he contradicted previous testimony under oath. Doesn't say much for his credibility. ...

He didn't conradict previous testimony, he said he saw Gallagher stab him but said nothing about him dying from the wound so technically he didn't lie about it.
Question is, could they have saved the guy from bleeding out or not? Scott finished him off so we will probably never know.

According to Scotts initial version of events we do know more....

Scott said that he and Gallagher[ a medic] had stabilized the sedated prisoner who had been wounded in an airstrike and that he was breathing
normally through a tube inserted to clear his airway.

Scott said he was shocked when Gallagher, the platoon's leader, stabbed the boy at least once below the collarbone. He said there was
no medical reason for it. Gallagher then grabbed his medical bag and walked away.

"I was startled and froze up for a little bit," Scott said.

Scott said the patient would have survived the stabbing, but he plugged the youth's breathing tube with his thumb because he believed the
prisoner would eventually be tortured by the Iraqi forces who had captured him and delivered him to the SEAL compound for medical treatment.

The Navy said in a statement it will not drop the premediated murder charge on Gallagher and that it's up to jurors to decide the credibility of witnesses.
Posted By: byd Re: Navy Seal Commander on trial - 06/22/19
He is a chief you bunch of dip schits
My assessment is they ought to ship a bunch of Obama-era Jag officers to Gitmo.
We train these guys and send them off to bad places to do bad things to bad people.

So, why are we shocked when they do the things we sent them to do??

well you know what Gen. Stanley McChrystal told his Spec.ops boys...( words to the effect)

" I need to send you out at night to do things you shouldn't be doing , and in the morning
I'm going to have to chastise you all for doing it ,,then Im going to have to send you out the next night
to do the same things again, ..and so forth"

wAr is dirty business and those with balanced minds realise that all the killing involved in war has no morality.

My assessment is they ought to ship a bunch of Obama-era Jag officers to Gitmo along with their hero, the zero..
fixt
Jorge,
I knew the answer, the question was retorical
Jorge,
I knew the answer, the question was retorical

Got is, sorry.
Navy Seal had to kill a combatant. How many medals has he gotten ?cmon Trump. Ivanka?ha

Don't care.

I have met plenty of pricks that need killing so no I don't.

But more to the point you are never going to convince me that it applies during conflict.
Originally Posted by kamo_gari

The prisoner was captured and wounded. The combat was over.

Don't care.

I sure as hell do. Not killing prisoners of war without trial is what separates us from the savages the likes of which our boys have been at war with for decades now. Ironic to me that many decades on now, the evils/atrocities/war crimes committed in WWII against our men and our allies by the Japanese, Germans and others still gets folks upset--which they have every right to-- but there is a double standard when it comes to any of our troops committing the same kinds of acts.

I believe we must as a nation abide by the rules that we've set for ourselves, including in combat zones. Killing every single enemy combatant who would take arms up against our troops would please me no end, but killing prisoners and non-combatants, raping women, abusing children and behavior of that sort is what *they* do. I believe we as a nation need to be held to a higher standard, as we are better than that, and most certainly worlds better than *them*.

Last thought: correct me if I'm wrong JStuart, but I want to say I recall your writing once that you had a relative who in WWII was captured and subsequently executed by the Japanese. If it was someone else forgive me, but it seems to me that is more than a bit hypocritical to get upset about that and at the same time not care if our troops do exactly the same thing...

Hiroshima.
Dresden.
Long Pig.

War sucks, so don't commit to it unless you mean to kill all the other çunts.

And if you aren't prepared to kill all the other çunts then you might as well surrender instead of resisting.

Don't care.
Its not exactly unusual that SEALs in Afghanistan and Iraq has mutilated dead bodies, shooting dead people in the head so it would split in two for fun, shot civilians on purpose, lied about incidents, lied to command about actions etc etc...

So that they actually charge one, is very rare..
Originally Posted by Northman
Its not exactly unusual that SEALs in Afghanistan and Iraq has mutilated dead bodies, shooting dead people in the head so it would split in two for fun, shot civilians on purpose, lied about incidents, lied to command about actions etc etc...

Wow, that's a new low for you, at least on here.
from what his team mates said about his sniping, he liked shooting people. women, old men, etc that the rest of the team did not perceive as a threat. they even tried firing warning shots to scare them away so "Eddie" wouldn't shoot them. if this is true then that schit ain't right. but then again, i know next to nothing about the threat over there and what constitutes a combatant. all the more reason to get the fugg out of that area and stay out. thanks bush and cheney, you fuggen azzholes.
For you "holier than though, rose colored lens" aficionados ...

Allied War Crimes///
How do you win the hearts and minds ? Double tap them ! One in the heart and head. In those kinds of places kids , women, and old men will just give away your position and get you killed.

That is based on your latest comic books or expert quotes from " Stolen Valor Blumenthal"?

You are a true libtard dumbass if you believe that. They all wear body cameras, body monitors and such now. Those days are long gone when it was even possible to do crap like that.

FYI SOF are trained to put them in the head if they can and when passing a downed jihadi put one in the head. Too many times a dead guy turned out to not be dead and they are behind you. They are wearing body armor now and chest shots do not kill.
Originally Posted by BountyHunter

That is based on your latest comic books or expert quotes from " Stolen Valor Blumenthal"?

https://theintercept.com/2017/01/10/the-crimes-of-seal-team-6/
Posted By: ribka Re: Navy Seal Commander on trial - 06/24/19

How many tours did you do in Iraq and Afghanistan?

So our military kills terrrosists, big deal. With the ROE's causing a lot of unnecessary deaths for our troops its good news to know our spec ops can do their job which is to kill our enemy.

Not surprised though a liberal POS like Northman hates our soldiers.
Originally Posted by ribka

How many tours did you do in Iraq and Afghanistan?

So our military kills terrrosists, big deal. With the ROE's causing a lot of unnecessary deaths for our troops its good news to know our spec ops can do their job which is to kill our enemy.

Not surprised though a liberal POS like Northman hates our soldiers.

Rhetorical question no doubt smile And that website! The fact he's quoting that craphole explains everything. Then again we KNOW Northman...
NOT Quilty , deserves another medal, glad he killed those enemies !

Where did this clam come from?
Originally Posted by deflave

Having read his posts I would posit the answer is from the refuse bin beside the ladies toilet seat.
Originally Posted by deflave

Having read his posts I would posit the answer is from the refuse bin beside the ladies toilet seat.

With the tampons?
© 24hourcampfire