Home
"I'm so old I can remember when paper grocery bags were reviled because they caused trees to be killed and plastic bags were the solution". laugh
yeah, a lot of us remember that one.

and the one about about buying a living xmas tree.

our local stores are phasing out the plastics. bring your own.

To be fair it was only yesterday.

They are ceasing use of plastic bags here as well, something about it being detrimental to dolphins. They may be right as there hasn't been any dolphins here for the better part of a million years.
I remember that and also remember plad stamps and green stamps with every purchase.Really makes me realize just how old I am.
Sure. And milk in bottles delivered to the home. Then in waxed paper half gallon containers at the store with flap opening centered on one side at the top (they always dribbled) , and so on.

And the S&H green stamps...
Originally Posted by g5m
Sure. And milk in bottles delivered to the home. Then in waxed paper half gallon containers at the store with flap opening centered on one side at the top (they always dribbled) , and so on.

Yep. All the above
Originally Posted by swampkid
I remember that and also remember plad stamps and green stamps with every purchase.Really makes me realize just how old I am.

My first bow came via S&H green stamps... 45# Bear recurve. I know folks don't think too much of Bear bows. But it kept me interested in archery for a long time.
Originally Posted by Orion2000
Originally Posted by swampkid

My first bow came via S&H green stamps... 45# Bear recurve. I know folks don't think too much of Bear bows. But it kept me interested in archery for a long time.

there was blue horse stamps too. came on notebook paper & such.

if we hadn't been so poor, those would have been some really good days.

we can all thank johnson for leading us to higher ground, to a bright city on the hill.
Originally Posted by Gus

if we hadn't been so poor, those would have been some really good days.

Yes. Like my asking my dad why they didn't buy north Phoenix/Scottsdale land when it was 50 cents an acre. Classic response, "Didn't have the fifty cents".
Originally Posted by g5m

I remember the milk in glass bottles well . . . rode the delivery truck with my Dad numerous times when I was a wee lad.
© 24hourcampfire