Home
Whatcha got? Coins? Stamps? Specific antiques? Weird stuff? Not so weird stuff, sentimental things? As for myself, besides what I'd consider necessities as stated in the title, vinyl records. I'd say around a thousand. Weird tools? Marbles from your childhood? Whatcha got? Real shrunken heads???
Well, telephone insulators are my latest hobby.
Pocket watch fobs
Have a few coins-need to catalog and inventory.
Back in the late 30's,40's & 50's my grandfather was a head cashier at bank.
He was also a coin collector and knew what had value[then at least], or what he perceived would have value down the road.

I can picture him going through the tills after hours swapping quarters for quarters, gold & silver certificates etc
He also had a small stash of gold pieces that dad split and gave to me and 2 brothers over 2-3 Christmas
old bottles. medicines, tonics, etc.
Originally Posted by Raeford
Have a few coins-need to catalog and inventory.
Back in the late 30's,40's & 50's my grandfather was a head cashier at bank.
He was also a coin collector and knew what had value[then at least], or what he perceived would have value down the road.

I can picture him going through the tills after hours swapping quarters for quarters, gold & silver certificates etc
He also had a small stash of gold pieces that dad split and gave to me and 2 brothers over 2-3 Christmas

Very cool 👍
sanchas
Originally Posted by stxhunter
sanchas

Lucky bastard. Wish I could have just one!
sanchas

Had to look that up, but had guessed correctly before I looked...
Originally Posted by Beansnbacon33
sanchas

Lucky bastard. Wish I could have just one!

I was gonna ask....like usual.

Looked it up first.

M&M stuff.

Drives them crazy that POP'S would do something like that.
I guess old cars.
Vintage Railroad artifacts. Large segment came directly from my Paternal Grandfather who worked for Southern Pacific for almost 40 years.
sanchas

You big puto, you!!!

🤣🤣🤣🤣
Sweet. Keep em coming guys. Interesting stuff
When I was single I collected beaver scalps, is that a collectible?????
Originally Posted by hanco
When I was single I collected beaver scalps, is that a collectible?????

Yeah buddy.
Warm bras
Decoys...
Dust.
1/35 scale German ww2 armour.
Need ta make a Sherman and a M1 someday.
Clean air.
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Dust.

Ha! Me too. I have to the grab the air gun on the compressor and blow it off otherwise I'd look like one of the fallen citizens of Pompeii.
Comic books,old pulp science fiction.
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Comic books,old pulp science fiction.

Nice!!
All kinds of old wore out crap.
Somebody (not me) decided I collected shot glasses. I can see at least !00 from where I sit,
from all over the world. I don't drink anymore.
Shooting Times, Rifle Shooter, Handloader, Rifle, and Guns Annual

Kind of cool to look back at the new models for 1983 and MSRP.
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Shooting Times, Rifle Shooter, Handloader, Rifle, and Guns Annual

Kind of cool to look back at the new models for 1983 and MSRP.

👍have a crap load of field and stream, and outdoor life too along with my old scout manuals and boys life.
<<< Zippo Lighters
Nikon film cameras & 1970's era stereo equipment.
Old Engines, I've been thinking about starting to let them go.
Hunting books, especially rare, out of print, limited editions and autographed.
Originally Posted by 12344mag

Clean? Shiny? Restored?
Originally Posted by Beansnbacon33
Originally Posted by 12344mag

Clean? Shiny? Restored?

As found condition. I get them running, marvel at them and put them away.
I’ve got a handful of old glass milk bottles of different sizes from different places.

I have a hellova lot of mechanics hand tools, with several duplicate socket and wrench sets. Started buying Craftsman tools from the catalog when I was 16. I don’t much care to work on cars anymore, just do it when it needs done. i get enough wrench turning at my job these days.
Originally Posted by 21
Well, telephone insulators are my latest hobby.

My wife's ;ate uncle collected telephone pole insulators; he was General Manager of a telephone company in Eastern Colorado. IIRC, he had over 250 specific insulators (about 700 with duplicates) in is collection.
I collect machinest tools, lathes, milling machines and such! Old Coleman lanterns, Fur Fish and Game since 1974, and silver dollars by choice. I also collect stuff for fishing, lures, tackle making equipment, mostly for keeping family and friends supplied with terminal tackle! Oh ya and x wives, ha!!!
I've got a few porcelain doorknobs (onyx & ivory) that I've salvaged throughout the years.

But I'll collect just about anything.
I gotta sell some of this crap. I should get a booth at the antique mall. I bet people would pay good money for this junk!
Shockingly,

Duck calls!
Cork decoys and old bottles. Mostly corked bottles.
Books. Baseball cards.
Crazy ass psycho redhead ex-wife’s 😬
Trade beads and peace medals. Colts and spurs.
So thats where my back and knees went

Originally Posted by kaywoodie
I haven't bought any in a while but I like old fishing lures and Ambassadeur reels. old ammo boxes and shooting paraphernalia. Misc. old junk.
Old ammo box’s and old gun powder cans.
Nihonto. Comics. Old Books. A lot of hunting books. knives.
Nihonto. Comics. Old Books. A lot of hunting books. knives.
Fat gurl pics

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Crazy ass psycho redhead ex-wife’s 😬

Got any phone numbers you want to pass along?
I took a look in the garage as I wasn’t sure if I collected anything or not.

Turns out that I collect holsters.
My accumulation of comic books, fine lit'ratcher, and '80's steel frame Trek road bikes lives in the den behind the attached garage. It's the first room I go into when I get home every day.
I've got a collection of old Gun Digests going back to the 60's

Might be worth something to my Widow after I kick the bucket.

Virgil B.
Antiques, specifically, Eastlake. I have a Victorian style house I am putting them in. My kids think the stuff looks gawdy. I like it so that's all that matters.

Also collect cast iron cookware. All good stuff. Got two house fully stocked.

I still have all my high end hunting optics - stopped collecting them about 5 years ago.
Chisels, can't seem to walk past a non plastic handled chisel as long as it isn't pitted past being salvageable. Have dozens that are rehabbed and half again as many waiting in boxes. Then there's the ones I bought brand new...
Hand carved figurines representing native/primitive cultures from around the world. Mostly wooden but a few in stone and ivory and 1 jade. I also have a few antique hand woven carpets from the ME and India.

mike r
1970s-80s 10 speed bicycles (mostly Schwinn and European brands like Holdsworth, Bob Jackson and Raleigh, and a few Cannondales
Originally Posted by FatCity67
So thats where my back and knees went

Originally Posted by kaywoodie

Damn!!! Those were yours???? Geez!!!
Antlers
Kids, and dogs.
© 24hourcampfire