Home
Posted By: hanco What’s up for the weekend? - 06/28/19
We are going to see Tracy Byrd tonight, work tomorrow (my ass be dragging). Get crap ready to go to deer lease Monday for a couple of days.

What are you all gonna be up to???
was planning on going offshore tomorrow, but a job came up 200syd carpet in a occupied house that has to be done on a weekend.
Posted By: Reba Re: What’s up for the weekend? - 06/28/19
Skeet
Work
I have a pile of mechanic work to do.

Do some gardening as well. Got my Mantis running yesterday. Gas had been sitting in the carb for 10 years. Probably that derned ethanol!

We will walk out to the shooting range too I reckon.
Back yard target practice with my handguns.

Yard work.

Beer drinking.

In that order.
Posted By: gunzo Re: What’s up for the weekend? - 06/28/19
Skeet last weekend, 4 days & 60 beers on Lake Cumberland the weekend before.

My old butt might be happy just to hang out & plink with a 22 or such.

92 deg. & 90% humidity might change that.
I wish I was going to the deer lease! Instead, I'm gonna load some ammo, lay around the pool, drink some adult libations, and chase momma around the house. Hopefully, she trips and I can catch her! blush
Originally Posted by FieldGrade

Yard work.

Beer drinking.

In that order.

Did ya get another Ruger?
Saturday from 8:00 A.M. - Noon: Farmers Market. From noon - dark: Mowing and bush hogging.

Sunday morning: Church. Sunday afternoon: nap. Sunday night: Church.
Saturday is calling for 88 degs ...mite as well be in a firey plane wreck, this has got to be how the dinosaurs met thier fate ......
Work. Then chores around the house.
Boxing and elliptical first thing Saturday morning before anyone else wakes up.

May get some of the following done this afternoon, others on Saturday....order may depend on weather.

Bush-hogging tops off front pasture.

Fix a short on high tensile electric in one pasture.

Move some corral panels.

Replace old low tensile electric with high tensile on the southern edge of a different pasture and rig some switches to turn on/off specific pastures and cross fenced areas.

Removed 2 rounded allen head screws from a scope base on a M7. Replace with different base, mount scope, and sight in. Of course I'll shoot several others as well and the kids will be in on it.

Beer drinking.....unlike FieldGrade I can multi-task....so I don't really have beer drinking relegated to one spot in the list....grin...

Sunday, go to church and spend time with my wife and kids.

Hope y'all have a GREAT weekend!
Posted By: Dess Re: What’s up for the weekend? - 06/28/19
Working with a friend doing tedious boring mowing and erosion control on my property. Makes it easier to say no to strangers during hunting season who view my land as their playground.
Church on Sunday and afterwards a family cookout with daughters and youngest's boyfriend. Rib eyes on the grill, corn on the cob and whatever sides are brought will probably cool off with a couple of barley pops.
I need to do some work on a Dake 25H press and change the oil. I just got it and it was pretty well abused in it's previous life. My son is going to fry fish sunday evening so I'm all in for that. It'll be blue and yellow cat plus some crappie. There's always something to do in the shop.
Smoke some ribs, maybe a pork belly. Start a fire. Crush blue smoothies. Might accomplish yard work in between or during.
Gotta make a repair on a boat trailer tomorrow.
Crappie fishing Sunday
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Yard work.

Beer drinking.

In that order.

Nope......after handling both the SP 101 and GP 100 last week I think I'll stick with S&W double actions.

That's not to say I don't still love my Ruger single actions though because I do.....especially the 44 Special.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Yard work.

Beer drinking.

In that order.

Nope......after handling both the SP 101 and GP 100 last week I think I'll stick with S&W double actions.

That's not to say I don't still love my Ruger single actions though because I do.....especially the 44 Special.

was at Michal Mays out the island yesterday and brother started talking to to some drunk guy at the bar, anyway he tells him i bet you know my brother so the guy walks up behind me grabs my shoulders and says Texas rangers..... needless to say i had no idea who he was and i told john you shouldn't do chit like that i have a sp101 in my pocket.
Weekends? Nothing at all. Weekends are for the working stiffs who get only two days off each week. Retirees get to play, shop, whatever on the other five.
Originally Posted by atvalaska
Saturday is calling for 88 degs ...mite as well be in a firey plane wreck, this has got to be how the dinosaurs met thier fate ......

LMAO. They revised us at Talkeetna from 90 to 88 or 89 depending... House got up to 75 yesterday when I got off the river. Got it down tot 64 this morning though.

I never know day to day sometimes but I'm sure fishing charters all weekend too. Come on salmon. I"m tired of hooking kings on trout gear while looking for trout.
Posted By: poboy Re: What’s up for the weekend? - 06/28/19
Family reunion at Leakey on the Frio River. 4th of July lasts 8-9 days this year.
Originally Posted by rost495

LMAO. They revised us at Talkeetna from 90 to 88 or 89 depending... House got up to 75 yesterday when I got off the river. Got it down tot 64 this morning though.

I never know day to day sometimes but I'm sure fishing charters all weekend too. Come on salmon. I"m tired of hooking kings on trout gear while looking for trout.

lol its almost that hot at dawn.
Posted By: JeffA Re: What’s up for the weekend? - 06/28/19
We will be scouting for Scallop beds, opener on the 1st...

Here is a little from the area last season, some sharks and some scallops..

Mowing lawns first thing in the morning, then my wife and I are taking our 4 year old granddaughter to lunch and the aquarium. My a$$ is gonna be draggin' by the time we get her home, but it'll be well worth it watching her have fun.
I'm gonna hang out here and do my best to be a victim of cyber bullying.

If that don't pan out I'll take a couple old chevys to a car show tomorrow and cook some kind of animal meat on the grill.
Having a "survivor weekend" camping trip with my boy scout troop. No tents, no cooking pots or pans, no forks ( they have to carve one) , wood fires only and aluminum foil for cooking and importantly NO MATCHES.

An introductory weekend to Bush Craft.
Posted By: Hudge Re: What’s up for the weekend? - 06/28/19

Make sure it cools off in the next 32 days, as I get home then. smile
Walleye fishing. Gotta fill up that freezer.

[Linked Image]
Yesterday one of my uncles passed away. Going to his funeral. Then on down to see a friend that does ac/heating work for family and friends. I'll buy my ac/heating stuff and he is going to help me put in the house next week.
Posted By: Pat85 Re: What’s up for the weekend? - 06/28/19
Same thing as every other day in the week, work.
Posted By: Hugh Re: What’s up for the weekend? - 06/28/19
Awesome.
Yard work and tree felling.
Fixing up a condo for my daughter & SIL to move into. Currently finishing drywall and texturing. We will probably do some barbecuing on Sunday.
f-ck i want to go fish.... but need the money.
Work til noon tomorrow. My wife is having a bridal shower for my future daughter-in-law. So I ain't goin home after work. Thinking I might go and shoot some skeet and 5 stand. It's gonna be 100* though. I think I'll watch some NASCAR and drink some beer.
Heading to the cabin tonight. Friends coming out for the weekend. We'll pull their kids and our youngest around on tubes. More of the same tomorrow, then we will lounge around on the pontoon with some cocktails, head over to the little store/bar in the woods and have some frosty mug beers, inferno wings and corn-dogs. For some reason that place, has the best damn corn-dogs. More fun for the kids on Sunday and then back home. Wife has to work on Monday but I took the whole week off. I will catch up on yard work etc and then back out to the cabin for the 4th weekend.
Work,work, and more work. Cut the weeds(grass). Gonna try to sneak off to the river early Sunday morning to do some fishing.
Work on Saturday, but then on Sunday, I get to attend a "yuge" event! wink
Tomorrow we’re meeting dad for breakfast at the French bakery on the island and doing chores around the house. I mowed a couple days ago so I can check that off for another week.

Sunday we’ll go to church and do whatever momma wants to do, maybe we’ll do nothing for once. I wouldn’t mind going to church and coming home to throw on my sweats and hold the couch down. 😁
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
I mowed a couple days ago so I can check that off for another week.

Lucky! We've been having to mow these 6 acres every two days in order to try and keep up with it. Wife mowed last night and with the humidity right now, it looks like it could use it again!

Screw it! I'm going to the lake. It can wait until Sunday!
Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays are my Cowboy days.
I rode about 20 miles today.
I can't believe someone is paying me to do this...🤣

The grass will always be there to mow but the lake?.....that’s the important stuff. Those fish ain’t gonna catch themselves. 👍

Good luck and enjoy the weekend.
Salmonella......I’m glad that you’ve found the perfect retirement gig. You’re living the dream my friend. The big guy upstairs is rewarding you for your patience as a Californian. 😁
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Salmonella......I’m glad that you’ve found the perfect retirement gig. You’re living the dream my friend. The big guy upstairs is rewarding you for your patience as a Californian. 😁

Thanks man.
I couldn't agree more.
Sal good for you. That place is great. I have some good memories going there as a kid. Living the dream...
Montana, Idaho, Washington, Oregon, and will be just south of Los Angeles by Monday evening. No rush to it other than the clock.

65F in Threeforks.
Posted By: EdM Re: What’s up for the weekend? - 06/29/19
Heading back to the Idaho cabin to relax after 3 days float fishing the Kootenai River in Montana. Exhausted... Monday the maintenance work begins on the cabin.
Working today, and then a full week up north relaxing. Hope to by frying fish and spuds by tomorrow evening.
Just threw about 50 pounds of meat on the smoker, almost all pork. Tenderloins, a couple of roasts, a couple racks of baby back ribs, and a turkey breast. Sisters and bros-in-law coming this afternoon to eat, play in the pool with the stereo accompanying, and plenty of adult beverages. Should be a great day!
I thought I'd ride a bicycle.
Going to get a load of feed today.

Maybe shave the bears this evening.

They need clipping... smile

[Linked Image]

Tomorrow I have to go get my gooseneck and tractor that's at the olive farm and bring it home to wash the tractor for trading it in next week.

Tomorrow evening going to a wedding for my nephew.

Full weekend!
Rebuild an 18 hp Onan for the boy.
Originally Posted by 12344mag

I didn't know you were talented! grin

What's your buddy rate?

smile
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

What's your buddy rate?

smile

Send it up........You'll like the price.

Although I'd be surprised if you had an Onan. Onan does not do well in the heat, they tend to drop valve seats when they get run hot constantly. They're not a good southern US engine.
Need to spray the garden this morning then, hangin' on the river, watching the terrorist-tourist floating the river. Cook chops on open fire, have a few cold brews.

What's your buddy rate?

smile

Send it up........You'll like the price.

Although I'd be surprised if you had an Onan. Onan does not do well in the heat, they tend to drop valve seats when they get run hot constantly. They're not a good southern US engine.

I had an Onan on something... I just can't remember what... crazy I think it was a cattle sprayer.

Mostly run Honda's or the Honda rip offs here.
I had an Onan on something... I just can't remember what... crazy I think it was a cattle sprayer.

Mostly run Honda's or the Honda rip offs here.

Honda air cooled is a good choice in your climate but they won't even come close to running as long as an Onan will in a moderate climate.

About 10 years ago I worked on a guys generator that had 6400 hrs on it and it was in good shape yet. Onans need to have their oil changed regularly and not overheated, an oil cooler does wonders for them.
Yard needs mowing but it's going to be 95 and humid.

Oh the humanity.
Woke up this morning with plans to go to the oldest granddaughters travel league softball game in Bowling Green, KY. Instead, have been in the garden and been spraying fencerows and getting limbs off the fences after this weeks storms. Not sure now if we'll go or not, as I don't care to sit out in the sun and 90 degree weather. Am putting together a frame for a porch swing that I'm putting out in the yard, so may stay and work on that.

Will go to church tomorrow morning, son's family here for lunch, and rest in the afternoon. Wanted to ride horses tomorrow, but my horse threw a shoe, and I can't get him to the farrier until Wednesday. He's so tender footed in his front feet, that I won't ride him unless he's good all the way around.
Going to my 55th class reunion. Drink beer, eat good food, laugh hard and check out the old ladies.

Columbus High School class of "64"

47 students "baby boomers"
Spend the afternoon with wifey. Take her to lunch somewhere.
Posted By: hanco Re: What’s up for the weekend? - 06/29/19
Originally Posted by kennymauser
Going to my 55th class reunion. Drink beer, eat good food, laugh hard and check out the old ladies.

Columbus High School class of "64"

47 students "baby boomers"

There were 47 in my class in 1971. Quite a few are dead, 4 never made 30.
President Trump landed at Osan AB, ROK today. I get to attend an event tomorrow and hear him speak. I am pretty excited about that opportunity.
I got to pull a toilet. my 3 year old thought it was a good idea to flush the metal bath tub plug. Got the toilet taken off and the plug removed and went back down to the garage to get the new wax ring. Walked back in just in time to see the 6 year old pull the flange bolts and drop them down the hole. So back to home depo to get more bolts.
When our next too youngest grandson was 3 we had to put a hook and eye on the outside of the bathroom. He would flush eggs by the dozen, his grandma's camera, legos, etc. The toilet got clogged so I tried plunging, didn't work. I got a closet augers, didn't work. So finally pulled the toilet. He had flushed a capri sun juice pack down. It would let liquid pass but not solids. I had to buy hemostats long enough to reach up into the pee trap. His dad and I made him help us from start to finish. That was the last thing he flushed. It's kinda funny now, but at the time very frustrating.
Originally Posted by Pahntr760
President Trump landed at Osan AB, ROK today. I get to attend an event tomorrow and hear him speak. I am pretty excited about that opportunity.

MAGA!
Calling it quits today. Time to clean up and relax!

Boxing and elliptical first thing Saturday morning before anyone else wakes up.

Bush-hogging tops off front pasture.

Fix a short on high tensile electric in one pasture.

Move some corral panels.

Replace old low tensile electric with high tensile on the southern edge of a different pasture and rig some switches to turn on/off specific pastures and cross fenced areas. - Ain't gonna happen this weekend, no rush on it -

Removed 2 rounded allen head screws from a scope base on a M7. Replace with different base, mount scope, and sight in. Of course I'll shoot several others as well and the kids will be in on it.

Beer drinking.....unlike FieldGrade I can multi-task....so I don't really have beer drinking relegated to one spot in the list....grin... -work in progress-

Sunday, go to church and spend time with my wife and kids.

Hope y'all have a GREAT weekend!
Posted By: JTman Re: What’s up for the weekend? - 06/29/19

That's pretty awesome, good for you!!!
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
I thought I'd ride a bicycle.

Then you thought better?
smile
[Linked Image]
Watching Yankees, Red Socks from England. Boat or pool later.
[Linked Image]

Awesome! Thanks for sharing!
[Linked Image]

That's pretty damn cool!
Originally Posted by Rooster7

That's pretty damn cool!

I was pretty excited if you couldn't tell!
Originally Posted by Rooster7

That's pretty damn cool!

I was pretty excited if you couldn't tell!

GFY (good for you)

And thank you for your service!

I am going to sit at home with my wife on Thurs and babysit a smoking pork butt and then get together with our daughters on Sat for more food and some fireworks.

And somewhere during that time think about and hope we can retain this freedom.
Posted By: hanco Re: What’s up for the weekend? - 07/02/19
Going to lake, ride tubes with grandkids
I'm going to my home town to celebrate my Dad's 84th birthday tomorrow. Then I will head to the lake and participate in the 4th of July boat parade. American flags be flyin.
© 24hourcampfire