Home
I'm having a hard time with the "turmoil" in the NRA leadership. When the two top vote-getters (North and West) on the board go away, there's not a THING in the NRA magazine except, ironically, a story about the 1977 "Revolt" convention, the duelling lawsuits, and now Chris Cox sent packing, I am starting to get bothered.
I doubt as members we will ever hear the straight story, but I'm kind of wondering if the money I've given the NRA over time bought more than one nice necktie for WLP. Honestly, I am sick to death of getting the mushroom treatment, kept in the dark and flooded with BS. Enough! THe NRA cannot be weak now. Period. Besides, it's OUR National Rifle Association. The power comes from OUR support and loyalty. I want to know what my loyalty really means.

So, I guess there's a requirement for something like 700 NRA members to fill out (perfectly, of course) signatures and ID information in order to be counted as a petition point. Plus there's the "nominating committee" of course, but that's not working so great, is it?
I am left wondering about something. Could the Campfire maybe have somebody in mind whom we could back as a petition candidate? Or for actual nomination? Do we have a favorite whom we could see on the board, who is no nonsense, no black helicopters but LOTS of black guns kind of fellow (or lady) who could represent the grassroots peasantry, just a tiny 1/75ths worth?
Some of us could simply nominate our hero to the nominating committee and hope for the best, that's one avenue. Yet I have little faith in the nominating committee being much interested in picking a peasant wanting answers to uncomfy questions.

Let's discuss. Business as usual isn't working, and Board deadlines are pretty short. If any outsiders choose to act, the time is now.
In 1977 and for a few years after that, Neal Knox's coalition nominated and elected some new directors. They took out ads in the Rifleman to alert members how to vote. It takes leadership to do this and I ain't it. But that was the first time I bothered to vote. I usually don't vote for directors now because I can't tell what their stance is on issues like the one we're having now. I will vote for West, though.
© 24hourcampfire